Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1316

Thread: The “Looking For” Manga Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Asking about a manga

Ok i dont know if this thread belongs here so please if it dont just move it.
    Well there is a manga that i saw the picture and watched when i was a kid. I need to buy it and i don't know its name.
    What i know about it is that this manga talks about someone searching for his mother and he got a magic sword that gets bigger and huge to destroy his enemy. It's like conan the barbarian or something so please any help if someone knows it name

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Which manga/anime should I read/watch next?

As the topic implies, I'm trying to decide on the next manga/anime that I should immerse myself in. I haven't read many mangas and only started getting interested in reading them a few years ago but the ones I am reading right now are Naruto, One Piece and Bleach. In terms of anime, I watched DB/DBZ when I was a kid(and revisited it again a few years ago) and Samurai X, also when I was a kid.

I am looking for opinions on which one should I try next. I wanted it to have the same feel as the ones I have read/watched in the past and wouldn't mind if it was an older manga/anime. I am also open to seeing something where the lead is a female, it could make a nice change from the ones I have read.

I welcome suggestion! Thanks!

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which manga/anime should I read/watch next?

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc View Post
    As the topic implies, I'm trying to decide on the next manga/anime that I should immerse myself in. I haven't read many mangas and only started getting interested in reading them a few years ago but the ones I am reading right now are Naruto, One Piece and Bleach. In terms of anime, I watched DB/DBZ when I was a kid(and revisited it again a few years ago) and Samurai X, also when I was a kid.

I am looking for opinions on which one should I try next. I wanted it to have the same feel as the ones I have read/watched in the past and wouldn't mind if it was an older manga/anime. I am also open to seeing something where the lead is a female, it could make a nice change from the ones I have read.

I welcome suggestion! Thanks!
    You should try Magi. The art seems a bit boyish compared to Jump mangas that you have mentioned, but trust me it is getting better and better. Story wise, Fairy Tail is similar with those Manga except it is easier to be digested. For a lead female action manga, at this moment the only thing that I can think about is Claymore .

For a Seinen (adult oriented, in case you don't know) manga, I guess you should read Berserk and Vagabond . Vagabond is kinda philoshopical and slice-of-life, so if you're looking it because you're expecting many battle scenes, you'll be disappointed, unfortunately.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which manga/anime should I read/watch next?

Thanks for the suggestions I will surely check some of those.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The “Looking For” Manga thread

For a female lead, i think medaka box or legend of maian seems more adapted to your tastes than claymore.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dark Matter's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to be asking but can someone tell me where this is from? At least the name of the mangaka will do.

http://i.imgur.com/XOwi4.jpg

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tormentor286's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ULTRAMAN (HERO's Manga Magazine)

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6173/...c15f60fd_o.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6113/...bab3ea28_o.jpg

Quote Quote:
    manga that will be written based on the long lasting Tokusatsu series by Tsuburaya, the ever famous Gigantic Hero, ULTRAMAN.

Quote Quote:
    "The Ultraman manga will be set into a much darker tone of the original storyline and is drawn in a "seinen" manga art style. The manga will be drawn by Eiichi Shimizu and Tomohiro Shimoguchi, who are both famous for their work, "Linebarrel of Iron". The manga take place decades after the event of original Ultraman."

Quote Quote:
    Ages ever since the absents of the Gigantic Hero, the next generation hero who inherit the bloodlines of the legendary gigantic hero emerge. Shin Jiro, a normal high school student who's also the son of Shin Hayate(the real Ultraman) and is aware about the existence of Ultraman years ago and wanted to be a hero that save the world. He is just a normal human and had no superpowers or such. One faithful day lead him to a special high-tech suit that will turn him into a different incarnation of the legendary gigantic hero! Will he be a HERO?

The storyline will question on a lot of social issues like who is in fact the actual enemy? Is it the monsters, aliens or the humans ourselves? This proves that the manga will have a complex storyline.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know where I can read this manga online? I am a huge daikaiju fan, and that normally revolves around being a Godzilla fan, Gamera fan, and Ultraman fan. And with news of this new Ultraman manga (Starting back in late 2011 and still on-going), I really want to invest myself within it and read it.

Its not everyday in which Ultraman makes a modern day comeback within the realm of manga.

So does anyone know where I can read this online? On Monthly Comic Magazine HERO'S website, they allowed the first issue to read online for free and it has English versions of the mangas they were hosting as well. ULTRAMAN being one of them. They only allowed the beginnings to be read obviously, but I'm hooked and would like to read more. Currently HERO's is on its 10th issue once September 1st hits. (Its released the first of every month).

http://www.heros-web.com/en/

So can anyone help me out here? I would greatly appreciate it! This is the only place I know that has users who might actually know where I can find the rest of the chapters online. So Mangahelpers, can you help out a fellow member in some way?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ULTRAMAN (HERO's Manga Magazine)

You can't read it online. It's not translated.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tormentor286's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ULTRAMAN (HERO's Manga Magazine)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    You can't read it online. It's not translated.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post, since its not translated, is it still around online so that I can look at the chapters? Can you post up a link please?
    I'll see if a friend of mine can translated, he's off next week from college. So maybe he'll take a look see, he's as huge of a daikaiju fan as I am lol

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone help me figure out this manga please?

Okay, so I only remember a couple parts of it but I really loved it.

I remember that its about a girl who has to move in with her parent's friend who goes away for work a lot. The man she stays with has a son who is in the same class as her, and when they are at home he acts like they are dating but he still flirts with other girls at school. One night when the son's father is away, they end up sleeping in the same bed (I can't remember how, sorry!) and he comes home and catches them and makes rules that they can't be in the same room after a certain time etc. At one point, the son asks over a bunch of the girls from their class and the protagonist gets jealous and yells at him in front of everyone when she does he gets bored of the girls and sends them home. He's kind of one of those tsundare types.

The boy introduces her to his best friend (who I remember having red/orange hair and I think his name is Ken or Kon or something) and she clicks with him and they become friends. She creates a cute nickname for him (ken-ken or something) and he brings her movies and such that his sister likes. The son gets jealous and angry.

She ends up getting upset and running away and she hides in the park and he runs around in the rain looking for her and finds her and takes her home..

I know this desc sucks but I really want to find this manga

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished reading two sad manga about dogs, and I was wondering if there were any light-hearted ones to contrast them. (I'm thinking a slice-of-life like Yotsuba & I.)

I don't mind reading shoujo, but I generally have a harder time getting into it.
    Last edited by Asarii; September 03, 2012 at 12:36 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is one about dogs ( or animals in general ) what about Doubutsu no Oishasan. It's not the same humor as yotsuba but no question of drama

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

help identify this anime/manga!

Hi! I was reading a manga when i saw this picture and i wanted to check it out. anyone know what this anime or manga is called? thanks!

ps. the name on the pic is the name of a different manga
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/kamis...emashita/c034/

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

HELP!! What is the title of this Manga?

Uhmm. Hey everyone!
    Well, I was kind of wondering if any of you know this manga.
    Here's a page of the manga..

I really need to know the title of this..

Thank you guys!!
    Last edited by Rian22; September 18, 2012 at 09:52 AM.

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HELP!! What is the title of this Manga?

Quote Originally Posted by Rian22 View Post
    I really need to know the title of this..
    That's Sono me, kuchi hodo ni. from Nanao Mio.

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast