Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1321

Thread: The “Looking For” Manga Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The “Looking For” Manga Thread

I'm looking for Seinen series that are written/drawn by female mangaka, or written/drawn by male mangaka who have experience doing Josei series, or a Seinen series that have high female readership/appeal to women.

Any suggestions?

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    I'm looking for Seinen series that are written/drawn by female mangaka, or written/drawn by male mangaka who have experience doing Josei series, or a Seinen series that have high female readership/appeal to women.

Any suggestions?
    Several manga I have in mind are 3-Gatsu no Lion, Mushishi, Suiiki, and obviously Emma and Otoyomegatari.

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! I also thought of the likes of Mori Kaoru, Urushibara Yuki and Umino Chica. I'd also add Anno Moyoco to the list (Sakuran, Hataraki-man) and because of personal preference Souryou Fuyumi (Cesare - Il creatore che ha distrutto is easily one of my all time favorite historical manga...)!

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think one can add everything by Kei Toume to the list. If I'm not mistaken, you already read Fumiyo Kouno work Yunagi no machi sakura no kuni. Hikaru Nakaruma with Saint Young Men and Arakawa Under the Bridge. Also I think you have read Oooku, so there is also Kinou Nani Tabeta? by Fumi Yoshinaga.
    And I don't think many of her work has been scanlated but I really like her simple art Natsume Ono, her serie House of Five Leaves was animated.
    Last edited by k-dom; February 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oneshots

Hello everybody.

I'm from a german scanlation group and we are currently looking for some interesting oneshots to work on. So I wanted to ask you people, if you could recommend some (recent) oneshots. ~ There should at least the raws and an english translation or just an english scanlation be out.

It would be great to get some suggestions.
    Take part in the new "Only one sentence"-Competition: Klick

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mas2001's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oneshots

Been looking for a manga that i read a longtime ago. Its a story about a mountain that splits in two. Inside the mountain there are human like figures. Some pple who come there are being drawn too one the holes. As of the human like hole in the mountain is perfectly made for them. Somewhere in the manga you see how the get deeper inside, even as it looks like there getting stuck. When going further there bodies getting longer and twisted, alien looking.

This is what i still can remember of this manga... I hope some1 can help me out and where i could find this manga. Thanks in advance . Also if you know any good 80's 90's manga of my taste. I would love too hear sugestions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner funtoo2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

RAW Manga and Anime for new Japanese learners!

Hi everyone! Like many of you, I'm trying to teach myself Japanese. So I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of easy to read mangas and easy to understand animes for beginners.

So far I really enjoy watching Chi's Sweet New Home (it's just so cute and adorable!), along with Daa! Daa! Daa! and Dennou Coil, but now I really wanna work on my reading skills, so any manga recommendations?

Please and thank you!!
    Last edited by funtoo2; April 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RAW Manga and Anime for new Japanese learners!

Quote Originally Posted by funtoo2 View Post
    Hi everyone! Like many of you, I'm trying to teach myself Japanese. So I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of easy to read mangas and easy to understand animes for beginners.

So far I really enjoy watching Chi's Sweet New Home (it's just so cute and adorable!), along with Daa! Daa! Daa! and Dennou Coil, but now I really wanna work on my reading skills, so any manga recommendations?

Please and thank you!!
    Depends on what your preferences are. I found Yotsuba& is relatively easy, but.. Yotsuba's way of talking is quite funny, but I still recommend you to read that one. Simple language, and it doesn't involve too many difficult terms and technical jargon so I guess it'd be perfect.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oneshots

Quote Originally Posted by Mas2001 View Post
    Been looking for a manga that i read a longtime ago. Its a story about a mountain that splits in two. Inside the mountain there are human like figures. Some pple who come there are being drawn too one the holes. As of the human like hole in the mountain is perfectly made for them. Somewhere in the manga you see how the get deeper inside, even as it looks like there getting stuck. When going further there bodies getting longer and twisted, alien looking.

This is what i still can remember of this manga... I hope some1 can help me out and where i could find this manga. Thanks in advance . Also if you know any good 80's 90's manga of my taste. I would love too hear sugestions
    This is actually a side story that is part of a different manga. As in, at the end of this manga, they had a one shot side story, and that's what you're talking about. The manga is Gyo, and your side story starts here. The manga itself is completely unrelated to the side story, by the way.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everybody, I have read manga long time ago, 4 or 5 year maybe. Main character is pigtail girl, who is good at fashion designer. She is strong and cheerful girl. For help her family, she agreed to marry the man, whom was loved by her sister. Her sister is beautiful model and hate her for her marriage. Her husband's family is very rich. In beginning, main character and her husband did not love each other but after a while, they fall in love.

She lived with her husband's family. She helped her brother-in-law overcome his weakness. After a while, her husband's family went bankrupt and move to small house. They had a lot of difficulties but happy. Later chapter, her sister bear a child but sent to her to take care.

I thought it is shoujo, slice of life manga type. Outline of character is simple. Please help me if you know any about the mentioned manga. Thanks all in advance.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Im trying to remember a manga I read a long time ago too, something involving a shinigami I believe on an read manga online site,

a boy becomes employed by a shinigami (much like hell's kitchen relationship between the boy and a demon), and many times the shinigami would funnily make threats at the boys life with following lines like "though it breaks my heart to see you die!"

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion

First of all, I'm sorry if this is posted to a wrong topic.
    I'm looking for a fighting manga/manwa similar to The Breaker, The God of Highschool or even Girls of the Wild's. Thanks in advance.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Kenichi, or Veritas (but the end is a bit rushed)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member FocusWithin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What manga is this?

Its a scene from a show called Orange is the new black. The wife watches it and is wondering about it. Thanks in advance!

http://booksofoitnb.tumblr.com/post/...93/help-needed

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone read this manga: Mizu Wakusei Nendaiki? I'd like to know about impressions you have on it. I think there is no scanalation neither it has licensed, but I'd like to be sure about it.

New Reply
Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast