Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The “Looking For” Manhwa and Manhua Thread

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The “Looking For” Manhwa and Manhua Thread

Are you looking for a new manhwa to read? Are you looking for some recommendations about a specific type of manhwa genre? You forgot the name of a series, or the name of a character, or the page in which a certain event of a manhwa took place? Or are you wondering where you can find/buy a certain manhwa? If your answer to any of the previous questions is yes, then this is the place for you!

This a thread for any and every “looking for” topic that is manhwa-related, so please feel free to post all of your queries in here.
    Last edited by Kaiten; June 20, 2011 at 11:43 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Succubus's Avatar
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Searching for a Manwha, I think...

chunchu? not sure... I don't remember xD
    known as Lucifer / Killy69 / Medusa / L41n / Guts

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nope it's not chunchu, but the art work for that looks interesting and something I'll prob. want to read. Oh, just read the synopsis for that chunchu, I was reading that before, but lost track of it.

I forgot to mention a reason why I think it is manwha and not a manga is the use of coloring and the way the comic is drawn, I don't see of any japanese mangaka, drawing like that.
    Last edited by EvilSniffles; June 16, 2008 at 02:47 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Succubus's Avatar
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

oh ok.. anyways I think you mean manhua, it always with full color
    known as Lucifer / Killy69 / Medusa / L41n / Guts

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

See, that's the thing, it wasn't in full color, if the first few pages where in color only certain scenes were in color or/and certain items where in color. a few pages down if there was a awesome fight scene with a move being done, only the explosion from the fight would be in color or the person area around the person attacking would be in color. The artist, used color for emphasis and to make the stuff look better.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Digitalr's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Ares?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nope not ares. The art work is more defined and sharper yet free flowing (open) versus ares.

I also tried a whois on the domain and was unable to get a direct contact info for the owner, hopefully I can get the info from the registar of the website. I am sure a lot of you will like it if I can find the manga/manhwa.

ok I looked up what a manhua is, and on wikipedia I saw a image of the coloring that is kinda what I am looking for but the manhua it is shown for is not it. here is the link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:TinHamanhua.jpg

the colors blend well into each other but stand apart from them selves.

Oh crap it might be it, after I went to look at what Fung Wan was one of the characters has the look of the evil-ish kid but more grown up. I'll have to look into it some more.

In 1998, the series was adapted into a film entitled The Storm Riders.[1] It also spawned an MMORPG titled Fung Wan Online. An upcoming animated feature film titled Storm Rider Clash of the Evils is currently in production by Puzzle Animation Studio Limited for release in the first quarter of 2008. A 5 minute animated short was released. It had no voice acting at all and it consisted of a duel between Wind and Cloud vs. Duen Long after his absorbing of Dragon Pills.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia View Post

In 1998, the series was adapted into a film entitled The Storm Riders.[1] It also spawned an MMORPG titled Fung Wan Online. An upcoming animated feature film titled Storm Rider Clash of the Evils is currently in production by Puzzle Animation Studio Limited for release in the first quarter of 2008. A 5 minute animated short was released. It had no voice acting at all and it consisted of a duel between Wind and Cloud vs. Duen Long after his absorbing of Dragon Pills.
    The manhua is called The Storm Riders, or something akin to that.
    I'll have to see what I can find, hopefully I can find it to be 100% sure, but it looks to be it, but the plot doesn't match the plot I was reading.

Oh man thanks guts, I am glad I read up on what you mentioned. It helped me find the manhua: The Storm Riders. If anyone likes great use of color for manga/manhwa/manhua I think The Storm Riders are perfect.
    Last edited by EvilSniffles; June 16, 2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member malloween's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Help

I would like to ask where to download some raws for manhwa type mangas. i dont have any friends here so i posted a thread.. sorry.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; May 30, 2011 at 11:37 PM.
    i love you very much, i love you more than anyone who could love another person

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member esh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where can i find raws that are not found in this site? Like Onihime and Freezing..

You could try jcafe.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where can i find raws that are not found in this site? Like Onihime and Freezing..

try Raw Manga Forum. They have a huge selection and you don't need to post comments to download. There are to many blogs/livejournals/sites to name that have raw manga. Google a title, a good query can dig up a surprising number of sites.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for specific Manga serie

Hello there

I'm looking for/want to know more about , this Manga serie , is called Raten Birth (螺天 - Birth) is chinese , made by the artist Yamaguchi Masakazu , is a prequel of his serie Birth (Arm of Kannon) , I've only found scans of the vol. 1 ,2 and 3 , there are 6 , want to find the others

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The “Looking For” Manhwa and Manhua thread

Hi,

I'm looking for scanlated Manhwa/Webtoons to read, preferably colored. I already read Tower of God, Dr. Frost, Thesis, Girls Gone Wild, Wake Up Deadman, Dreamland and plan to read Noblesse. Any other suggestion for me?

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for scanlated Manhwa/Webtoons to read, preferably colored. I already read Tower of God, Dr. Frost, Thesis, Girls Gone Wild, Wake Up Deadman, Dreamland and plan to read Noblesse. Any other suggestion for me?
    well as webtoons(coloured) go the most complete that 1 i think u can go for kubera and magician. later starts a little askew in art at the start but picks up nicely. i also know they started Fantasy World Survival,Supernatural Investigation Department,Wonted.

as for manwha(uncoloured), shin angyo onshi, the breaker, ares,king of hell these r finished, for still continuing 1s the breaker waves, witch hunter,Id, legend of maian r good.

based on what u read these shoıld do nicely.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    Hi,

It depends if you only search for action or if you don't mind other genre.

Edit: and Dreamland is not a manhwa :-)

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i started city of the dead sorcerer ,its promising ,you should take a look

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast