Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 212

Thread: The Looking For Anime, Drama, and Movies Thread

  1. #181
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    I am always looking for a new romcom and a new shounen/action/adventure

    but i know their arent that many good shounen that i dont know about, so if anyone wants to suggest some good romcom or some good drama/romance let me know

  2. #182
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    I am always looking for a new romcom and a new shounen/action/adventure

    but i know their arent that many good shounen that i dont know about, so if anyone wants to suggest some good romcom or some good drama/romance let me know
    Did you watch Anohana yet? An awesome drama with some romance too. The main focus lies somewhere else but you should see for yourself. Up to date one of the few series that managed to make me cry for real.

    You should try 5 Centimeter per Second too, an amazing and innovative movie. Makoto Shinkai is a splendid director and probably one of the first people which works you should check out if you're interested in the romance/drama genre. At least that's how I feel.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #183
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,033
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    I am always looking for a new romcom and a new shounen/action/adventure

    but i know their arent that many good shounen that i dont know about, so if anyone wants to suggest some good romcom or some good drama/romance let me know
    It's not shounen per se, but if you are looking for good action/adventure then give Diebuster a try. Classic Gainax, always fun to watch.

  5. #184
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Coffee~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    @ KilgoreTrout

    Ya know, because im awesome or the like - I did a little bit of digging for you -
    In the blue image I see -
    http://myanimelist.net/character/1635/Touko_Matsudaira
    http://myanimelist.net/character/1637/Noriko_Nijou

    both from one of the http://myanimelist.net/anime/158/Maria-sama_ga_Miteru/ series

    the red one also appears to be characters from this series (dont get your hopes up that the atmosphere will be the same though)

  6. #185
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Did you watch Anohana yet? An awesome drama with some romance too. The main focus lies somewhere else but you should see for yourself. Up to date one of the few series that managed to make me cry for real.

    You should try 5 Centimeter per Second too, an amazing and innovative movie. Makoto Shinkai is a splendid director and probably one of the first people which works you should check out if you're interested in the romance/drama genre. At least that's how I feel.
    i love anohana so far!!! this is exactly what i was looking for

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #186
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i love anohana so far!!! this is exactly what i was looking for
    Wait for the end If you love it now, you will upper-love it when you're finished

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #187
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Darkness
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Wait for the end If you love it now, you will upper-love it when you're finished
    Seems like I should try it out too. It seems pretty interesting.

    Though after all the romcoms I watched I look for something Bleach / Naruto like. Simply put good old classic action shounen.

  11. #188
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Seems like I should try it out too. It seems pretty interesting.

    Though after all the romcoms I watched I look for something Bleach / Naruto like. Simply put good old classic action shounen.
    try hunter x hunter for the shounen craving make sure you watch the 2011 version

    honestly its right up there with one piece in quality

    and anohana is a must, all i can say is wow

    this anime is right up there with clannad about touching your heart

  12. #189
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Darkness
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    I already watch HxH and I'm up to date with the manga. But thanks.

  13. #190
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    lol anohana had me crying like a baby at the end my dog even came to check on me

    i am kind of new to hxh im almost caught up on the manga and i have watched the whole anime so fsr

    way better than i thought it would be

    i am currently re-watching the ss arc on bleach, very epic stuff

  14. #191
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    Trying to track down an anime I started watching a few years ago..

    All I remember was that it was about 4 or 5 dudes in a prison. One of them wanted to become a boxer or something when he got out, but he pissed off a couple of guys so they held him down and crushed his hands with a boulder. Anyone know what it could be?

  15. #192
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Trying to track down an anime I started watching a few years ago..

    All I remember was that it was about 4 or 5 dudes in a prison. One of them wanted to become a boxer or something when he got out, but he pissed off a couple of guys so they held him down and crushed his hands with a boulder. Anyone know what it could be?
    Probably Rainbow which is an adaption of the manga

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #193
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Seems like I should try it out too. It seems pretty interesting.

    Though after all the romcoms I watched I look for something Bleach / Naruto like. Simply put good old classic action shounen.
    You should, definitely.

    And do you have some kind of list of what you watched already Sky? I think I already asked you once but I forgot your answer

    Did you watch Soul Eater? I guess you did but if not, it's a really well-done adaption of the manga (ending is filler though). Katekyo Hitman Reborn might be worth a try too, though you likely watched that already too Besides that, Darker than Black (still waiting for a continuation <___<) and the obvious "D.Gray-Man" + "Claymore". All rather famous example but maybe there's one or two among them you didn't watch yet XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    lol anohana had me crying like a baby at the end my dog even came to check on me
    I know, right? so touching

  18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #194
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Darkness
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    And do you have some kind of list of what you watched already Sky? I think I already asked you once but I forgot your answer
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Skyguardian
    I do.


    Quote Quote:
    Did you watch Soul Eater? I guess you did but if not, it's a really well-done adaption of the manga (ending is filler though). Katekyo Hitman Reborn might be worth a try too, though you likely watched that already too Besides that, Darker than Black (still waiting for a continuation <___<) and the obvious "D.Gray-Man" + "Claymore". All rather famous example but maybe there's one or two among them you didn't watch yet XD
    I watched and read KHR, SE and DGM.

    I started DtB once but I wasn't impressed...
    Claymore does ring a bell.

  20. #195
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Coffee~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The “Looking For” Anime Thread

    oh! I love seeing peoples MALS

    Looking at your 'Plan to watch' section

    DEFINITELY watch
    - all the Code geass series
    - all the Fate/ series
    - and Kanon is a must.

    Looking at your 'dropped' section
    - WUT you dropped Full Metal Panic??



    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSXVegeta
    http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/SSXVegeta



    Quote Quote:
    Did you watch Soul Eater? I guess you did but if not, it's a really well-done adaption of the manga (ending is filler though). Katekyo Hitman Reborn might be worth a try too, though you likely watched that already too Besides that, Darker than Black (still waiting for a continuation <___<) and the obvious "D.Gray-Man" + "Claymore". All rather famous example but maybe there's one or two among them you didn't watch yet XD
    If you are talking about anime, then there have been continuations for darker than black.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/6573/Da...usei_no_Gemini
    theres also a few specials, some of which show what happened between the 2 series.
    Last edited by ~Coffee~; May 06, 2013 at 10:17 PM.

  21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts