Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Free!: Eternal Summer

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Free!: Eternal Summer

Free!: Eternal Summer
    Genre: Sports, Swimming
    Production: Kyoto Animation, Animation Do
    Director: Utsumi Hiroko
    Series Composition: Yokotani Masahiro
    Starring: Nobunaga Shimazaki, Miyano Mamoru, Yonaga Tsubasa, Hirakawa Daisuke, Suzuki Tatsuhisa, Hosoya Yoshimasa

Second Season of Free!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Free!: Eternal Summer

I was afraid even Free would suffer like other anime do in second seasons and be less good but the episode was so amazing all around. Better than all my expectations and as a Rin fan it was perfect, hes so good when hes displaying all ranges of emotions. The ed clips too are great especially the scene with the cake and haru with him there.

Policeman Rin too good!

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dat Rin dance.... in a policeman outfit!

Though I won't lie... I did like the first seasons OP/ED a bit better.

I agree, a great start to what I'm hoping is a great second season. I missed those Free! guys, and I have no shame in admitting that my inner-Gou came out watching them strip and swim. XD That campaign to recruit more members was so adorable, too.

I'm intrigued by Sousuke and his connection to Rin (he obviously knows him). I wonder if the others know him as well.

I also have to applaud the animation--it didn't seem like it dropped in quality much at all.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; July 02, 2014 at 10:47 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Production values... Kyoani should adapt a great action series someday.

Good to see that Rin's relationship with the others is still stable, I was afraid to see him turn into a emo teen again. With that new rival I hope there will be more focus on Samezuka's team too.

---------- Post added July 11, 2014 at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was July 04, 2014 at 06:14 PM ----------

New rival has a perfect body and doesn't want Haru to come near Rin .

Now, why only Haru because he supposedly lost to him? If I remember well his other friends were with him too. Ex-captain brother will join the swimming club and Rin will train his team well from now on, they are starting to think about the future...

Rei will probably receive a grant to study elsewhere, it was foreshadowed with that other guy from Samezuka I think.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Momotarou Mikoshiba is a great addition. Perfect comedy moments all around with Rin and Nitori and then that senpai scene, perfectThis seasons focus on Samezuka and at least offering a chance to see Rin develop the team into its own thing is a good chance of pace to the freestyle nature of Iwatobi Swim Club. I think theyre probably done adding new names and faces to the Samezuka side as the four should be good characters to focus on. Sousuke embodying the dark forces of sorts to challenge Haru should gt Haru to realize things and maybe display emotions we havent seen from him before. Since he truly cares for Rin then I expect tons of friction on the Haru Sosuke front more than the vending machine scene this time. Though I wonder how far it goes, RinHaru already had a serious race, so maybe Haru Sousuke will conclude with their own thing.

Sousuke water scene was great.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they're done adding faces to Samezuka as well. And Momotarou... I love the guy. And I can't tell you how much I LOVED Rin's facepalm reaction when he started hitting on his sister. XD

In the first season, Rin was a bit of a jerk. He was pretty much Iwatobi's antagonist, but now that he's not so much of a jerkass, he's quite likeable. I really like his comedic moments and his senpai attitude being the new team captain. I have a huge soft spot for Makoto, but Rin's also climbing up my ladder of favorites rather quickly. <3

I'm curious why Sousuke is so possessive of Rin and why he's so hellbent on beating Haru. Does Sousuke know Haru from the past or something? That part seemed a little random to me unless Sousuke is really that creepy.

It's nice to see Rei improving his butterfly a lot. Rin was able to catch up to him easily still, but he's showing everyone he's not as much of a pushover anymore.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Haru is slowly modifying his catch phrases. Wind version for athleticism

Rei will stay with them after all, he and RIn have the best character development, this episode is my favorite so far. It was also the funniest.

Gou is a lot more prominent since the beginning of this 2nd season, that's good .

So that's why the cookies had the form of a butterfly , great.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Momotarou. I can't get enough of that kid.

This was a really nice episode--and I'm happy to see Rin helping out the Iwatobi team a bit like that. I really felt the connection between Rei and Rin. And Momotarou's reactions to the cookies was funny. Rin's reactions over Momo going nuts over his sister are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed
    So that's why the cookies had the form of a butterfly , great.
    I just got the connection. Rofl.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Rin and Gou best chars, Momotaro is growing on me too. I sure was not expecting this development with Sousuke, he is nicer than I thought, I swear I thought he would ask Rin to not see his other friends again.

Good comedy too.

New Reply