Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Final Round: Vote for the Most Overpowered Ability

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Natural Harem King [Multiple Anime]

16 26.23%
  • Edo Tensei [Naruto Shippuuden]

21 34.43%
  • Schrödinger's Quantum Reality Manipulation [Hellsing]

24 39.34%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Character Showdown - #6 Most Overpowered Ability Edition

Loli-Loli Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Anime Character Showdown - #6 Most Overpowered Ability Edition

Anime Character Showdown!
    Where Characters Battle For Ultimate Glory

Welcome to the sixth edition of the Anime Character Showdown. This is where your beloved animated characters will fight for the ultimate glory... No matter how unique, strong, cute or beautiful... Everyone is the same in front of your eyes!

Let's start the sixth showdown. The Most Overpowered Ability edition!

A lot of Anime characters are known for their super human abilities and powers. Tell us which ability is the most overpowered/hax one for you!

Here are the nomination rules:

- Any member of MangaHelpers can nominate one ability for the showdown by posting in this thread and explaining why said ability should participate in the showdown. Please add a youtube video and/or a picture to your nomination.

- The nomination period will close once a fixed amount of time has passed. The showdown will then begin right away.

The voting rules:

- You can only vote for 1 ability, so choose wisely.

- The voting will be done by voting in a poll.

- We’ll have 2 rounds, the first round will last 72 hours, so the voting period will be of 72 hours and the final round will last 72 hour too.

- If the amount of nominations reaches a certain number, we will divide them into groups. Each group will have its own voting period.

- Only the 3 abilities with the most votes will make it to the final round until finally one will be crowned as the absolute winner of the showdown. In case of a tie, we’ll have another round to break the tie. [Also applies to the group stage.]

- If only 3 abilities are nominated after the nomination period has passed, we will start with the final round right away.

- As soon as the first round has ended, it will be closed. After that I will reveal / count the votes and then I'll start the final round with the abilities that have proceeded.

- You’re more than welcome to discuss the abilities participating in the showdown.

-Please don’t bash the character a member nominates nor bash the person who nominates said ability. This is for fun! <3~

- And please remember, the forum rules also apply to this thread.

- Rules will be edited as necessary.

- End of the Nomination period: [11am CET] March 23, 2014.

First Round:
    1. Natural Harem King - 9 votes
    2. Edo Tensei - 8 votes
    3. Schrödinger's Quantum Reality Manipulation - 6 votes

4. Kanzen Saimin - 5 votes
    5. Ultimate Madoka Transformation - 4 votes
    6. Haruhi's Power - 3 votes
    6. Tremor-Tremor Fruit - 3 votes
    6. Kid Buu's Instant Regeneration - 3 votes
    9. Eucliwood Hellscythe's Power - 2 votes
    9. Death Note - 2 votes
    9. Imagine Breaker - 2 votes
    12. Vector Control - 1 vote
    12. Hokuto Shinken - 1 vote
    14.Gate of Babylon - 0 votes
    Last edited by Skyguardian; March 26, 2014 at 09:47 AM.

Intl Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Erinyes's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anime Character Showdown - #6 Most Overpowered Ability Edition

Spoiler: Madoka Magica Spoilers show

added spoiler tags /Kaiten

Edit :Erin' : Oh thxs, sorry about it.
    Last edited by Erinyes; March 16, 2014 at 03:51 PM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. ", George Bernard Shaw.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Suzumiya Haruhi:

Spoiler: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Spoilers show

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Eucliwood Hellscythe

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Leoat12; March 16, 2014 at 04:11 PM.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Triple Star Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wtf, I just wanted to make the same nomination as Kait Now I have to think of something else....

Oh well, I will go with Schrödinger's Quantum Reality Manipulation (Hellsing)

Spoiler: His power show
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; March 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Whitebeard / Edward Newgate(One Piece)
    Sengok said it so sweet He has the Power to destroy the World

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yagami Light (Death Note) --the ability to kill anyone he wants by simply writing their name in a book seems pretty powerful to me. Plus, he can control their actions before they die. Power of a death god. deuces.

Last edited by danzouismadara; March 16, 2014 at 09:38 PM.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Yagami Light (Death Note) --the ability to kill anyone he wants by simply writing their name in a book seems pretty powerful to me. Plus, he can control their actions before they die. Power of a death god. deuces.

That´s not his ability though....

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    That´s not his ability though....
    Indeed, a bunch of people in the anime had this power. But, Whitebeard can be considered, too? He only has this power because he ate an Akuma no Mi...

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Indeed, a bunch of people in the anime had this power. But, Whitebeard can be considered, too? He only has this power because he ate an Akuma no Mi...
    Well, the difference would be that once you eat the fruit, the power is literally yours while the notebook can be used by anyone if i remember correctly.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless the meaning of the word has changed, it is an ability. If a human finds a Shinigami's death note they acquire the ability to kill anyone by writing down their name. An ability is the "possession of the means or skill to do something." An ability does not have to be unique to a single individual. "Death Note" fits the definition of ability perfectly, it is an overpowered ability, the showdown topic does not require abilities to be unique, so Death Note absolutely should qualify. Claiming it is not an ability because more than one character has a death note is entirely incorrect.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 17, 2014 at 10:10 AM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Loli-Loli Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. The nomination is the Death Note, not Light Yagami. This just about abilities not the characters who habe them.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Unless the meaning of the word has changed, it is an ability. If a human finds a Shinigami's death note they acquire the ability to kill anyone by writing down their name. An ability is the "possession of the means or skill to do something." An ability does not have to be unique to a single individual. "Death Note" fits the definition of ability perfectly, it is an overpowered ability, the showdown topic does not require abilities to be unique, so Death Note absolutely should qualify. Claiming it is not an ability because more than one character has a death note is entirely incorrect.
    Did i say it was not an ability? I just said it is not his ability.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Did i say it was not an ability? I just said it is not his ability.
    That is a very, very fine line to draw. I'm not sure what difference it makes. Of course the owner of the death note possesses it's abilities. Death notes are inanimate objects, tools, unable to do anything without a user. As long as a driver has a car, they have the ability to drive. As long as an author has a pen (or other writing implement) they have the ability to write. Take away the car or the pen and the ability is lost. The car is not credited as the driver, and pen as author, simply because an external tool is needed for the ability to be used, and lost without the proper tool. Anyone can use a car, a pen, or a death note. That does not mean their ability to drive, write, or kill are equal. The individuals ability to best put the tool to use dependent on the skill of the user. An ability does not need to be internalized, like devil fruit or chakra. That is too narrow a definition, and improper usage of the word. As owner of a death note, Light was in "possession of the means or skill to do something." The death note gave him the ability ("the means") to kill people by writing down their name in much the same way as my keyboard gives me the ability to write this post. Without the keyboard, I would be unable to comment, but using a keyboard does not take away my ability to write. Without input from me, the user, this keyboard is unable to do anything useful, including the task it was designed for. The ability to type is neither internalized within me, or a unique ability. I may be more skilled at typing than some, other may have more ability than me.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 17, 2014 at 02:04 PM.

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    That is a very, very fine line to draw. I'm not sure what difference it makes. Of course the owner of the death note possesses it's abilities. Death notes are inanimate objects, tools, unable to do anything without a user. As long as a driver has a car, they have the ability to drive. As long as an author has a pen (or other writing implement) they have the ability to write. Take away the car or the pen and the ability is lost. The car is not credited as the driver, and pen as author, simply because an external tool is needed for the ability to be used, and lost without the proper tool. Anyone can use a car, a pen, or a death note. That does not mean their ability to drive, write, or kill are equal. The individuals ability to best put the tool to use dependent on the skill of the user. An ability does not need to be internalized, like devil fruit or chakra. That is too narrow a definition, and improper usage of the word. As owner of a death note, Light was in "possession of the means or skill to do something." The death note gave him the ability ("the means") to kill people by writing down their name in much the same way as my keyboard gives me the ability to write this post. Without the keyboard, I would be unable to comment, but using a keyboard does not take away my ability to write. Without input from me, the user, this keyboard is unable to do anything useful, including the task it was designed for. The ability to type is neither internalized within me, or a unique ability. I may be more skilled at typing than some, other may have more ability than me.
    Sure, but it also works the other way around. Without the book, Light does not have an ability at all (except his intelligence of course but that´s not the issue with this showdown) and while he definitely is an owner of the book, he is never the owner of the ability which was my point, at least compared to the other nominees. Besides, the comparison to writing or driving a car is a bad comparison considering because the DN is actually an unique ability.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast