Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: My Girl by Sahara Mizu

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

My Girl by Sahara Mizu

My Girl (マイガール)
    by Sahara Mizu
    Demographic: Seinen
    Genre: Drama, Seinen, Slice of Life
    Status in Japan: Completed (5 volumes)
    Published In: Comic Bunch (Shinchosha)
    MangaUpdates/MangaHelpers

Kazama Masamune is your ordinary single 23-year-old man. A man that is touted as too young to be a father. But during one spring, his loved one passed away. Unknowingly one day he met up with a little 5-year-old girl, whom he later realized that she is his daughter that his lover had brought up without him knowing. Slowly his life is being changed for the better with the introduction of a new family member...

Anyone reading this manga? I think it's a really sweet little series. Too bad scanlations are moving so slowly (currently on vol 3 out of 5). On the bright side, a new chapter is out by Storm in Heaven

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Girl by Sahara Mizu

I've been meaning to read this for a while, I like the mangaka. She did the adaption of Voices From a Distant Star, which was very well done. I may wait until scanlations are complete, but I've heard so many good things, I might not wait.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Girl by Sahara Mizu

Yup, I've read a few other of her adaptations, as well as some of her one-shots. I really like her work My Girl is incredibly cute and touching, I definitely recommend it! Scanlations may take next to forever to complete

---------- Post added June 23, 2011 at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was June 20, 2011 at 12:16 AM ----------

A new chapter so soon I'm so happy

It was really sweet how Shuu-kun stood up for Koharu (and of course, cute that he denies he was doing so ), and pretty significant that he used almost the same words that she said to him, on that girl who was bullying Koharu. I really like how Masamune went out of his way to go get dinner for Koharu and deliver it to her cram school, even though he knew she could have taken care of it herself and that he could just have let it go this once. He's really trying his best!

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] My Girl by Sahara Mizu

i'll ask the question I posted in the features post. I've read about this, or encountered it somewhere while looking for new material to read, a long time ago. but I was reluctant to read it because at that time I was reading Usagi Drop and I thought their plots were very similar.

Save that this is seinen and the other josei. but maybe I'll never know until I read it huh?

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

hahaha I read it in one go, all 23 chapters, last night. -______________-

I cried almost every chapter, dammit! It's nothing like Usagi Drop in story telling so I can consider them as totally different works This story is so sad. Maybe the one thing that I wanted to see was the realism of Koharu's character. Her childlike qualities don't manifest too much. She has few lines in the manga, as the POV is that of Masamune most of the time. And with those very few lines that she has, the things she says are too mature-sounding that sometimes you couldn't believe she was 5 or 6. I found this as a flaw, but overall, I think the manga is bittersweet and endearing.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply