Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who is your Favorite AnE Character?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Okumura Rin

20 43.48%
  • Suguro Ryuuji

1 2.17%
  • Moriyama Shiemi

3 6.52%
  • Kamiki Izumo

1 2.17%
  • Shima Renzou

3 6.52%
  • Miwa Konekomaru

0 0%
  • Okumura Yukio

4 8.70%
  • Fujimoto Shirou

2 4.35%
  • Mephisto Pheles

6 13.04%
  • Kirigakure Shura

2 4.35%
  • Suguro Tatsuma

0 0%
  • Shima Yaozou

0 0%
  • Shima Juuzou

0 0%
  • Shima Kinzou

0 0%
  • Honjou Uwabami

0 0%
  • Honjou Mamushi

0 0%
  • Amaimon

0 0%
  • Astaroth

0 0%
  • Satan

0 0%
  • Igor Neuhaus

1 2.17%
  • Arthur Augusto Angel

1 2.17%
  • Takara

0 0%
  • Kuro

2 4.35%
  • Toudou Saburouta

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite Character and Why?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Character and Why?

Quote Quote:
    I chose Yukio as my favourite character because despite looking serious, he's actually rather funny and uh, derpy too. He acts as a wonderful contrast to Rin
    I'll give him that the contrast works really well and I like him being there....i just don't really like him a great deal. He reminds me of that stuck up sorta clever guy kind ya get in life that's sooo great but really just a know-it-all. I'd like to see him getting a bit more compassionate and showing his weak side like when he was a kiddy. Some brotherly bonding would be nice

Oh and Kuro is course one of the best, he's just adorable and kicks ass! XD

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BexXx View Post
    I'll give him that the contrast works really well and I like him being there....i just don't really like him a great deal. He reminds me of that stuck up sorta clever guy kind ya get in life that's sooo great but really just a know-it-all. I'd like to see him getting a bit more compassionate and showing his weak side like when he was a kiddy. Some brotherly bonding would be nice
    Lol, Yukio is proud of being a know-it-all since he's striven hard to achieve that. He doesn't reveal his weaknesses since he fears that they'll be attacked, like whenever he was beaten up by bullies in elementary school. He's got good reason to hide his weak side and not be compassionate.

If I had to say a word to describe Yukio, I'd say "professional". I don't really like or dislike him, he just seems the most rounded and has the most understandable strengths and weaknesses. I have to say he's a great character.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

[Joining Yukio defending front]
    Quote Originally Posted by BexXx View Post
    I'd like to see him getting a bit more compassionate and showing his weak side like when he was a kiddy. Some brotherly bonding would be nice
    He was showing his weak side when he was a kid and also when he was beginner at exorcising. He did tell Shiemi he doesn't think he's special. He often tells himself he's no match for his brother (for example when Rin make Shiemi decide on her life path, when he made Kuro his familiar). He acts like he's much better than Rin because they're brothers When they first met Toudou we could clearly see how much Yukio feels weaker than Rin. He scolds him a lot because someone has to play the parent. Yukio also always cares for Rin. Actually, he cares so much that people (Shura, Mephisto and even Neigauz) tell him to cheer up a bit because it's too much for him. He even watches over Rin during lessons. And here - he scolds him again and reminds Rin he wanted to surpass Yukio, but that was the gentlest way to tell Rin to not endanger himself like that. Each brother thinks the other is better than him and that's their brotherly love.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    [Joining Yukio defending front]

He was showing his weak side when he was a kid and also when he was beginner at exorcising. He did tell Shiemi he doesn't think he's special. He often tells himself he's no match for his brother (for example when Rin make Shiemi decide on her life path, when he made Kuro his familiar). He acts like he's much better than Rin because they're brothers When they first met Toudou we could clearly see how much Yukio feels weaker than Rin. He scolds him a lot because someone has to play the parent. Yukio also always cares for Rin. Actually, he cares so much that people (Shura, Mephisto and even Neigauz) tell him to cheer up a bit because it's too much for him. He even watches over Rin during lessons. And here - he scolds him again and reminds Rin he wanted to surpass Yukio, but that was the gentlest way to tell Rin to not endanger himself like that. Each brother thinks the other is better than him and that's their brotherly love.
    Yes, yes, that is very true! I appreciate that effort from him, especially after what happened to Fujimoto because of Rin. I think the hatred still there, and because of Rin being who he is, someone he should have kill, but because Yukio cares a lot about his brother, he supports Rin instead to gain humanity. The way he scolds Rin is so much like how siblings would act; the more fight they get into, the closer they are. ^^

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Mephisto. He's almost too cool to bear. And I'll take a thinker/chessmaster type over brutish one, even if the brute has the heart of gold, any day.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kugo Ginjo's Avatar
    Country
    Marshall Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Mephisto

Most mysterious guy (I actually believe that he will turn out to be a villain that wants Satan's throne), awesome design and quite funny

Honorably mention to Shiro, Shura and Rin

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww...man, I saw Fujimoto Shirou right when I clicked the vote button. D'x Gotta read more...sigh...

Tie: :P Yes, I say I can. Between Okumura Rin and Fujimoto Shirou.
    Fujimoto: He's funny, calm, badass, and nice at the same time. Also, he quit smoking for the kids, that shows his dedication toward being a good father. He's a good father, but he's still cool and funny. A role model for all exorcists and for his kids, but also a drinking buddy and fun friend. Serious yet goofy, Gives good advice, but also cracks jokes. He's just awesome!!

Okumura Rin: XD He's just adorable. I usually don't go for bad boys, but he's just too cute! He acts tough and he's so prideful, but in the end he's as soft as...tofu. Plus, he's kind enough to help anyone. Also love his childishness, but in the end, he can act serious as well. I love his cheery attitude, where he can bounce back and not keep brooding. He shows his feelings and doesn't hide them. In the end, he's just too fun to watch, you can't tear your eyes away from his antics. ^w^

Honorable Mentions: Shura-she can take the tension off of anything; Kononekomaru-cause he knows his loyalties, and he's really clear on who he is, Tatsuma- Able to hide all his secrets and still be cool. (Alright, screw it, I love all of them (the main cast at least)...even Shiemi is creeping her way into my heart) XD

As for Yukio, he loves his brother, he's a good kid. But he annoys the CRAP out of me. Because he's too good of a kid, and he doesn't go out and play. He has weaknesses, but he hides them away. Like Shura said, if he's a bit more truthful and a bit more relaxed, maybe he wouldn't have so much stress lines on his face.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Okumura Rin just love the complex of the character how he is stuck between two sides and that everyone seems to be concerned if his good or evil but well as far as I can tell Rin is very rebellious,headstrong,funny,cocky hero which makes me love his personality and that even if he has that sort of tough guy attitude he is still very loyal,kind,wonderful,good person afterall that what makes him up very well besides I love that his proving to everyone he isnt like his father

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well of course Rin as I just like most of the main characters in anime XD

Mephisto is awesome too, very mysterious and yet so laid back sometimes. And I love Shura, her funny attitude is just hilarious~

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Rin's my fav . I like his personality the most and i like how he always forgives his friends even though they didn't trust him from the beginning.

But i also like Kuro , he's so cute you just can't hate him and I wish he would assist Rin in battles more from now on

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite's Shima, with Konekomaru in close second! ^_^

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2