Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Q/A Thread

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clothes

Quote Originally Posted by Samael1105 View Post
    I'm not sure why I'm just thinking of this now, but could someone give me some explanation about the whole changing clothes thing? He did it in the first chapter, and again when he got to the Lord's shrine, and it doesn't make any sense. Most of the abilities that characters have in the series I've been able to calmly accept and integrate into the story's mythology, but that one just doesn't sync for me. I had even kind of accepted it for Rai, but then Franky shows up at the Lord's shrine and he does it too, so it's not a Noblesse thing.

Honestly it might not even bother me so much if it weren't for that one chapter around 100 or so where they show Rai spending like a half hour every morning choosing between about fifty identical versions of his uniform to wear that day. So apparently most days he just changes like a normal person, but when he's in a pinch for time, they just transform.

I love the series, and there are so many better things for me to try and question, but for some reason it's this one little stupid thing that's driving me insane.

Any opinions, comments, thoughts? I'm open to anything.
    I don't think there's much to it. He seems to be able to cloak in darkness or something and make it take whatever form he wants but it kinda makes sense for him not to want to do that all the time, hence the closet full of clothes. As for Frankenstien, he's spent a lot of times around nobles so I think it's plausible that he picked up a few tricks, like this clothes one.

I don't think it makes him stronger or anything it seems to be just an aesthetic thing.
    Last edited by Jammin; May 14, 2012 at 08:04 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clothes

I didn't even think much about the clothes.

I realized they did change clothes to a darker version when Rai and Frank visited Lukedonia again, in match with the other nobles. It seems to me as if these nobles although they live in seclusion already they still choose to wear dark clothes to hide themselves or something. I would much prefer them wearing white robes like Roctis and that 4th Elder used recently. :P

Like Jammin, I don't think there is an important meaning of strength or something... Even vampires like to be tidy and looking good.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the Characters Able to Fly?

This question has been on my mind since I began to read noblesse. But I haven't it clear yet. As far as I know, I've seen the characters striding so that it seems they fly, but the way they move... what do you think?

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are the characters able to fly?

Instead of flying, I would say they can temporarily float for few seconds.(Franky, Ragar). All the fighters in the Noblese (except 12th Elder) have been jumping from one point to another instead of flying directly to a certain location or when fighting with each other.
    I dont know about the green mantis though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they actually fly. But rather, they jump really high, and hang in the air dramatically while preparing an attack!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with posters above me. Flying doesn't seem to be one of the vast skills the Nobles have; after all they already have amazing physical abilities, lol. I tend to think that it wasn't them flying, but jumping strong and high instead that they can manage themselves on the air for few seconds. Usually before an attack or for a better view of place or battle, I guess.

But it's interesting to have vampires who can fly. XD Unfortunately we haven't seen any other flying entity in the series, or else it can be a good reason to try crossing their powers. XD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Q/A Thread

i have a question how long has it been since the beginning of noblesse has it been a year a month has it ever been mention ?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mup View Post
    i have a question how long has it been since the beginning of noblesse has it been a year a month has it ever been mention ?
    Nope, it was never mentioned. Also, I don't think a year has passed as Regis was 199 at the begenning of second season, and is still 199.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    Crombell's technology and genius originated from Frankenstein, as it said right before Mary died.

Spoiler show
    some time i think did crombell really worthy to be franks opponent as frank said to mary its his experiment knowledge that made her powerful. crombell's power r copy of Frank's and now when he get Frank's data he said he is now in reach of 9th elders level so what did crombell can say its is his ??? he is nothing more then thief

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The biggest question is "Will Crombell be the final villain?"

If the answer is "yes" then it would suck. I mean now there are many elder level opponents, but in the end he would only be the one to have that level of power. His underlings aren't of elder level..... So in short, he won't be much of a threat to Franky and Lukedonia.

I am curious on how authors plan to involve him on a larger scale. He doesn't really have what it takes to be the final villain unless he has elder level underlings.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

While he may not be final, he's definitely been built up as a long-term nemesis. While he/his underlings may not be uberstrong, his faction's rising in power quickly, and I wouldn't be surprised if he actually survived the (plot-required) fall of the Union, thus becoming the final villain.
    I don't see it as a bad thing, though. Crombell is an interesting villain (read: intelligent, not like the other low-ranked elders who jump at every opportunity to get themselves killed).
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    The biggest question is "Will Crombell be the final villain?"

If the answer is "yes" then it would suck. I mean now there are many elder level opponents, but in the end he would only be the one to have that level of power. His underlings aren't of elder level..... So in short, he won't be much of a threat to Franky and Lukedonia.

I am curious on how authors plan to involve him on a larger scale. He doesn't really have what it takes to be the final villain unless he has elder level underlings.
    I feel like Dr.Crombel will manage to live until the end. He's most likely going to avoid Lukedonia's radar since he's not directly involved with them in any way unlike the traitor nobles. And I don't see Rai's group taking the initiative on the Union and Crombel doesn't seem interested in throwing his powers around. Heck, I bet the Union isn't even aware of his abilities other than intelligence. And there's the matter with M-21, he want Crombel alive since he's the only one who knows about his past. Crombel shouldn't be easy to capture so if it's a matter of life or death, Rai's group will have no choice but to let him to.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think Crombel will be the final villain, lol. Like 0Xellos said, he's a long-term enemy. What makes him interesting is because of his mind. He doesn't have underlings, frankly speaking, but he knows how to use the others to get what he wants. And also because these "underlings" are so not in the exact same level as him. Even the traitors-nobles and werewolf (so far) didn't seem to have similar interest with him. If I can guess he's planning on taking over the Union for himself, adapting the power of nobles and werewolves for humanity, and become the best.

But yeah, I'm also curious to actually see Crombel in action. I mean, who doesn't?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post

But yeah, I'm also curious to actually see Crombel in action. I mean, who doesn't?
    I sure do xD So far Franky and The Lord seems to fare best in combat (Rai too, but his restrictions are a major setback in a full scale battle) and if Crombel can cope well against either of them, then Franky is going to have some competition =u= But then again, Crombel's knowledge is only strongly supported by franky's own development... Makes me wonder how far Dr.Arith would go if she obtained the notebook.

And I have a question, a stupid one but a question nonetheless,
    - What in the world do the Clan leaders do all scrunched up in that little island?

So far I've seen Ludis reading a book (which is hardly a way to spend centuries of your life) and the clan leaders seem to be able to leave when they please. If I was cooped up in an island for thousands of years with no wifi or signals, I would go insane and force eternal sleep upon myself.
    Might as well take up science and cure cancer.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IxNxFxIxNxIxTxE View Post
    If I was cooped up in an island for thousands of years with no wifi or signals, I would go insane and force eternal sleep upon myself.
    Might as well take up science and cure cancer.
    That's me too. We're just too modern.

The nobles are staying at that island to keep themselves a secret, right? Well, Union knows about them, that's true, but no other human (is supposed to) know. I remember it was also my question long time ago, about where other nobles are (I mean, are all nobles clan leaders? There must be others.) and what they're doing there while not investigating things because they seem to live a long, long time. That makes me wonder if they've ever lived more carefree than they currently are.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast