Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
I don't keep record of what is said in each chapter, so i can not point out the chapter. However, i thing it was in the first discussion of Gejutel with the current lord that it has been said that the traitors have been forced to eternal sleep. The soul weapon theory, so far, support this as it have been shown that the previous clan leaders let their energy into the soul weapons for the next generation. Some of them were traitors, so i think that is right to assume that they are dead. But yet again, in this kind of situations, in the most stories, the traitors still live and come back to justify, help or even antagonize the main characters. If not all of them, some of them for sure.
I can even think that all of the forced to eternal sleep, is just a fools play, be the current lord, for her authority not to be questioned until the new clan leader are ready to take care the previous ones.
For what i can say for sure, the current lord can overpower Gejutel and all the other current clan leaders. I don't know for sure if that's the case with the previous clan leaders, but is logical to assume that as the lord has to be able to force his/hers law to any Noble, except Noblesse of course. She has been the primary candidate by right, before the late lord past away, so i assume yet again that the hypothesis is valid.
A friend pointed out to me that is even possible that the race could also have been split into to functions millenniums ago. Into the Noble ones and Evil ones. And that the role of Rai could be to maintain the balance, mainly to preserve the Noble ones. It's purely fiction put just hear it out. It could be that a conflict occurred between this higher race, for the future of mankind. If humans should be protected or be enslaved. It could be anything really, just giving an example of argument. At that time a war for power started in this higher race. The Noble minded were loosing the war, until the Noblesse showed his face. The Noblesse able to overpower the many forced a treaty and ended of the war. It's wild imagination only so i continue. The existence of the Noblesse have been kept a secret the next thousand of years, so the existence of the Evil ones, as to reduce the "evil" theories to expand in their society. Noblesse was known only to the high authorities, every lord and clan leader. Clan started training and specialize their clans for militia purposes, and covered it up as an effort to surpass their limits. And all this theory could even explain one thing. That Franky is still alive. The weapon he yield has consciousness of it's own. I make the assumption that the source of the power is not merely humans but noble like creatures as well. If Franky have killed Nobles, the proper cause of action, even for a humanoid, is to be killed. Franky has been spared that, and that is stated by Gejutel while telling some of the story about Franky. So it's reasonable to assume,all is just an assumption, is that the noble like creatures where from the "evil" function, and the services of Franky are welcome, but he had to be controlled by the Noblesse, as he could kill a clan leader. It's wild fantasy but it could still be on target.....
One more thing. Think of it as a whole, not in parts, for the time being. If this theory comes alive in some point by facts, let's discuss then about them in separately and if they support this theory or not.
But that's what i love in a story. My imagination to run wild This criteria is filled by Noblesse so far, and the indications show that is gonna be continue for some time, woohooooooo.
In the early chapters Franky says to M21 (chapter 100-106, thanks charlie for reminding me the chapters) that the term Vamps is not valid to describe the Nobles. Vamps are mutants. Creatures created by a noble who drunk human blood. The victim takes that ability and his victim crave for blood. That is a Vamp and creating them is prohibited. Nobles do not have the need to feed of humans, but their able to.
Last edited by Axaristos; July 05, 2011 at 11:44 AM.
They fear eternal sleep that is what the other clan leader thinks.. But there isn't anything mentioned that they are forced to eternal sleep or killed because the only one mentioned clan leader to be killed in the Rebellion are Gejutel son and the leader of Sierra IIRC..
And the rebels will not accept any decision from the current lord mainly because they didn't acknowledge him that is why they rebel in the first place... They aren't loyal to the current lord but they are loyal to the previous Lord..
About your theory there are some parts that I disagree but discussing it is just purely opinions also so I will leave it to the chapter ahead to be explained
Wow! Such a great manhwa (or hsould I call webcomic?)!!!!
I saw the avatars and signs of jorped, host samurai and charlie were about this manhwa and went to read it... and what a great surprise to discover it is this good! 3 days to read everything (I didn't even slept well).....
After Tower of God and Noblesse I'll search if there are more things like these waiting for me to read...
I think if i were to write out a rating for every series i've read, and average them in categories of manga, manhwa, and western comic, the average quality of the Manhwa would absolutely destroy the other two.
Math & Vegetables... They're good for you!
So, why do so many children hates them? ~ I loves Broccoli!!!!
Math helps in a million different and great ways. Most of us were just never get taught how to have fun or enjoy using math. Like when shopping for sales or trying to combine discounts!! Getting a better credit card or maintaining a better bank balance. When I go grocery shopping. I can't buy more than I have in the bank. And it's really embarrassing to get in a long line, then watch your cart hit a $$$ too close to you balance, then you are the arse you don't want to be in line behind. And then there is the stress, having to decide what you will keep and what you will leave; Argh... if only you has selected the cheaper one of something on the shelf or the smaller steak? Dude I don't want to buy the milk or ice-cream a math fail at the register might produce!!!
Be kind. Learn math.
Last edited by Otters11; July 15, 2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Decided to write/right a Public Service Announcement.
For some reason, the old lord left his soul weapon at Rais shrine. To the point of saying use the weapon as decoration.
The reason behind the decision maybe revealed in the upcoming chapters.
---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------
Please don't post spam questions.
Chapter 193 is not released yet by the scanlators.
There are translations posted on the current chapter thread.
You can check manga updates here to see if the chapter is out. ©~Charlie
Last edited by Charlie; July 11, 2011 at 04:09 PM.
And Charlie, my, that picture is epic win. Math is everyone's enemies indeed.
I just went through 193 chapters in the past few days and I've to say, I'm thoroughly impressed!!! I've been trying to find something new to read and usually give up if the first few chapters do not grab my attention since I don't have the time. Noblesse is amazing from the start and I'm looking forward to more.
What are on my mind - not very important but I guess I'm in the mood.
The current arc -
- The current lord's flaw? Probably has to do w/ human. It's pretty major if her father tried to do what he wanted to do and the previous heads all "betrayed" her.
- Why Rai hid himself? Probably b/c he doesn't want to interfere w/ the lord ascending to the throne.
- Do they voluntarily choose eternal sleep or do they die of old age, if they are not killed? The previous lord looks very young and I'd assume no one killed him.
- Do Nobles have natural enemies? I wouldn't say human are it, though they are pretty formidable now. Yes, werewolf is mentioned, and it seems natural, considering recent movies, but it doesn't seem to fit. Not much was mentioned/showed about them that had any connection to the nobles. Noblesse is there to protect the nobles though. Protect from what? They seem pretty unchallenged to me.
- Are there deities above them? Frankenstein made a deal w/ the devil was mentioned by Gejutel as a possible way he gained his power and there are statues of what look like deities lining the entrance to the temple where the previous lord left his soul weapon.
- What is the nobles' origin from their pov? It was mentioned by F briefly, don't remember the chapter, but I wonder about this from their own pov.
- What is F? What is his origin? Gejutel said he's a human but, OK, sure, just a human that seems to have lived forever, super-smart, a thousand years ahead of his time, etc. I'm not saying he's not human in origin but, what is he? How did he become what he was/is?
- How did Rai became F's master? Probably after Rai subjugated him after a rampage?
- Will the school kids get any power later on? They just seem to be there for comic relief currently. I guess their purpose is also to show why human are worth the nobles protection b/c most are generally good.
- Who formed the Unions? Was it F or does its history preceded F? It's mentioned it has been there for hundreds of year. How powerful are the higher ups? Who are those 10 elders, you know, we were shown the 10 chairs and from the neck down of a general who is an elder.
- Dr. Crombel. How much of a threat is he? Please don't make him such a big threat that Rai would have trouble dealing with (I want it to be from something new that hasn't been introduced). Even though I can see this, I wouldn't like it, since most of his doings, imo, is from F's notebook, written hundreds of year ago. Maybe he will go beyond what F went through but F should be able to handle him, considering he's 1000 years ahead of his time, even if Crombel has all the resource of the Union.
- From above point, I think those 10 Unions elders probably are not human. Probably evil/disgraced/kicked-out nobles, plotting for revenge? Probably not.
- Can't wait to see the progression of the RK.
Last edited by llmcduff; July 15, 2011 at 03:43 PM.
I'm forever trying to write a reply. And letting the background tab close. Thanked you for the points to discuss.
That was an awesome intro post filled with excellent questions. Here's my take on your questions.
1) I think the current Lords flaw lies in a lack of through judgement and reasoning.
She also appears to make judgements too quickly. Take Gejtual for example, she accuses him of working with the traitors or human organization, despite having served her and the previous Lord for a long time and despite how his own son was killed in a trap set by them.
She was unable to see that Frankenstein was human, and that Raizel was an important person to them.
I think the old lord said it best when he described Frankenstein. To somewhat paraphrase, I would say the current lord has some personalities issues.
2) While its true that Raizel did not want to become the next Lord, I cant answer this part because of the lack of information. I think the clues behind his disappearance lie in the place he awoke and the owner of the building.
3) I'm off the opinion that the old nobles, like the previous Lord and clan leaders, choose to go to eternal sleep. In the flashbacks, Rai was told a head of time by the old lord that he was going to eternal sleep. I think this is probably done when their "heirs" reach a certain age.
Gejutal also mentions that the clan leaders who've been living for countless years do not fear "eternal sleep".
4) I'm not sure on that either. Most likely there are other beings that rival the nobles in power. Ware-wolves were mentioned, though not a lot has been said on them. Could it be that they needed someone to protect them from themselves. In-case of betrayers appearing or those who did not wish to serve the old appeared?
My guess probably from humans too, as the humans advanced in strength over the years, some of the might have taken out a few nobles? Setting traps and such.
5) I'm not sure on this either, but you make a good point in that Raizles temple or shrine had those statue figures. I was reminded of the "Olympian Gods" seeing those figures.
6) Another one that will have to be answered in the future chapters.
Regarding the kids, I think Shinwoo might not be a normal human. I thought of that possibility when he fought that vampire and kicked his butt. Most likely, they'll be back after the current arc is over. When I was re-reading the chapter, somewhere I cant recall where at the moment... I think it was mentioned that the Union leaders wont be affected by mind control (or are strong enough to withstand it ). I could be not recalling correctly....
Anyway, I think the top leaders must be pretty powerful. We've been shown one of them. I could also imagine that some might have formed a contract with the ex clan leaders and have become evolved beings. I think most of them might be enhanced humans.
As for crombell, he and Franky will have a reunion for sure. I think that is pretty much setup. It will be interesting to see what we learn then of Frankys past activities. We might learn more on how the Union was formed as well.
So far, the essential question on who or what Franky is have been answered and the same for Raizel.
I'm really digging Charlie's current Sig
~ Raizel-nim, with a Regis caption "Elegance Must Defeat Elegance!"
There's no helping me anymore, I took vacation to forget about Noblesse, but a single look at Charlie's signature and I'm already "hooked up", wanting to see the next chapter...
Charlie right now, you really have a fantastic/great/superb/unbelievably good combination of avatar and signature !!!
The picture mingles/mixes with the background perfectly. Only from a single glance/look at the signature and I see almost everything that Noblesse containes:
-amazing supernatural effects
-the craziness - yet in a funny way,
Anyway, is it just me or is Noblesse really getting more and more popular worldwide ???
I visited a few websites and in all those sites Noblesse is among the top ten !!!
I wonder, has something hapened, that I do not know...
Last edited by Monsterguy; July 25, 2011 at 09:20 AM.
I say just enjoy the series. And try not to think of why it appeals to others.
All that matters is why it appeals to you.
For me, it's an interesting read, that is well paced, with regular humor, interesting characters, impressive action sequences action sequences, Story points that are started or hinted at, but are also followed up on and explained, with a creative spin on a sort of fiction I dismissed as valueless area to learn from a long time ago.
Plus it's a real surprise that the story can be so fun and interesting to share, because unlike Bleach the author comes back to his characters and answers the lingering questions that arise as fans read the series. So it doesn't feel like a futile waste to "Read" the story and ask or imagine telling it to yourself. Because you get the joy of finding out how virtuous funny or loyal the characters are to each other.
It's almost like watching The Munster's, Goong Princess Hours, & Gungrave all at once!
Or maybe not, but that was the best I could find.