Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Hangout Thread

Necron, welcome to the world of Noblesse! I don't like Bleach at all, but Noblesse is completly different. It's my favourite series...

Jammin, you are impressive just like Frankenstein^^ (Remember the scene where he manipulates everyone in his house?)

@phio_chan: LOL! It's really impressive that people even manage to evacuate a whole city in minutes, and that too with the help of hardly 5-10 people.
    Rai's selfish desire to have an ordinary life has destroyed the peaceful lives of thousands of koreans, if not millions. I wonder what will Rai do when he realizes that thousands of people are homeless because of him
    Last edited by strixflash; January 24, 2013 at 02:01 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    I wonder what will Rai do when he realizes that thousands of people are homeless because of him
    WTF was he supposed to do, go away and let the Union enslave humanity?
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Necron View Post
    Your sig completely caught me offguard (once I've cought up with Noblesse I'l try Tower of God by the way ).
    Oh your GPA is truly doomed then. Tower of God is different than Noblesse but it's every bit as good.

But I have to be honest here about one thing, this is not only for someone who likes/liked Bleach, it's more like something that I've always wanted Bleach to be.
    - the fights are short but straight to the point. which makes them a lot more tense and entertaining
    - the abilitys and powerleves are not getting of hand (at least 140 chapters in)
    - but probably the best thing about it is the social aspect, especially everything involving Rai of course. This is the first time in a real while that a manga/manhwa has made laugh out loud like an idiot
    I couldn't agree more. I don't consider the recommendation just to Bleach fans but I figure if somebody is a Bleach fan this series is something that especially well suited for them. It does a lot of the same things well that Bleach does while also doing some things that Bleach struggles with.

Jammin, you are impressive just like Frankenstein^^ (Remember the scene where he manipulates everyone in his house?)
    I prefer to think of myself as...

Spoiler: Sorry, Necron your not allowed to read this until you clear chapter 200. show
    Last edited by Jammin; January 24, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Studying... it's better to get the ability to gain knowledge by reading manga/manhwa. No need to study, then

- but probably the best thing about it is the social aspect, especially everything involving Rai of course. This is the first time in a real while that a manga/manhwa has made laugh out loud like an idiot
    I think the war arc of Naruto has some really funny (although not intentionally) moments.
    Last edited by 0Xellos; January 24, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post

Spoiler: Sorry, Necron your not allowed to read this until you clear chapter 200. show
    Hahaha I wonder if only I read it hearing Rai and "him" arguing xD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah Jammin ... you fiend! I can totally imagine that!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Murim's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I am wondering why the current Clan Leaders are weaker than the previous ones or the traitors.
    Since the power of the previous Clan Leader is transfered into the Soul Weapon then the current Clan Leader should have his own power plus the one from the previous. Whereas without the Soul Weapon the previous ones are stronger because the lived longer, more experience etc.

Example:
    Previous Clan Leader has a power of 10 without using his Soul Weapon. Let's say his SW has a power of 20. This makes a total power of 30.
    After he dies his power of 10 gets added to his SW -> SW = 30.
    Current Clan Leader has a power of 6 without using his Soul Weapon and with his SW 36.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Murim: Maybe because current clan leaders needs some experience, before they can use SW at their full potential. But since they don't have enough fighting opportunities (i mean real battles), it doesn't matter, how strong they are, if they can't utilize their powers at maximum of their potential.

Potentially, every new clan leader has potential to be stronger than the previous one.
    Current ones just lacks experience ...

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murim View Post
    I am wondering why the current Clan Leaders are weaker than the previous ones or the traitors.
    Since the power of the previous Clan Leader is transfered into the Soul Weapon then the current Clan Leader should have his own power plus the one from the previous. Whereas without the Soul Weapon the previous ones are stronger because the lived longer, more experience etc.

Example:
    Previous Clan Leader has a power of 10 without using his Soul Weapon. Let's say his SW has a power of 20. This makes a total power of 30.
    After he dies his power of 10 gets added to his SW -> SW = 30.
    Current Clan Leader has a power of 6 without using his Soul Weapon and with his SW 36.
    Like Jitt said experience is a big part of it but also I think age and personal strength is a factor. No matter how powerful a weapon is, how well a person can wield it still decides the overall combat strength. The Nobles, with the exception of one, are all vastly younger and for nobles with age comes strength.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Q/A Thread

The biggest question is "Will Crombell be the final villain?"

If the answer is "yes" then it would suck. I mean now there are many elder level opponents, but in the end he would only be the one to have that level of power. His underlings aren't of elder level..... So in short, he won't be much of a threat to Franky and Lukedonia.

I am curious on how authors plan to involve him on a larger scale. He doesn't really have what it takes to be the final villain unless he has elder level underlings.
    I feel like Dr.Crombel will manage to live until the end. He's most likely going to avoid Lukedonia's radar since he's not directly involved with them in any way unlike the traitor nobles. And I don't see Rai's group taking the initiative on the Union and Crombel doesn't seem interested in throwing his powers around. Heck, I bet the Union isn't even aware of his abilities other than intelligence. And there's the matter with M-21, he want Crombel alive since he's the only one who knows about his past. Crombel shouldn't be easy to capture so if it's a matter of life or death, Rai's group will have no choice but to let him to.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think Crombel will be the final villain, lol. Like 0Xellos said, he's a long-term enemy. What makes him interesting is because of his mind. He doesn't have underlings, frankly speaking, but he knows how to use the others to get what he wants. And also because these "underlings" are so not in the exact same level as him. Even the traitors-nobles and werewolf (so far) didn't seem to have similar interest with him. If I can guess he's planning on taking over the Union for himself, adapting the power of nobles and werewolves for humanity, and become the best.

But yeah, I'm also curious to actually see Crombel in action. I mean, who doesn't?

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post

But yeah, I'm also curious to actually see Crombel in action. I mean, who doesn't?
    I sure do xD So far Franky and The Lord seems to fare best in combat (Rai too, but his restrictions are a major setback in a full scale battle) and if Crombel can cope well against either of them, then Franky is going to have some competition =u= But then again, Crombel's knowledge is only strongly supported by franky's own development... Makes me wonder how far Dr.Arith would go if she obtained the notebook.

And I have a question, a stupid one but a question nonetheless,
    - What in the world do the Clan leaders do all scrunched up in that little island?

So far I've seen Ludis reading a book (which is hardly a way to spend centuries of your life) and the clan leaders seem to be able to leave when they please. If I was cooped up in an island for thousands of years with no wifi or signals, I would go insane and force eternal sleep upon myself.
    Might as well take up science and cure cancer.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IxNxFxIxNxIxTxE View Post
    If I was cooped up in an island for thousands of years with no wifi or signals, I would go insane and force eternal sleep upon myself.
    Might as well take up science and cure cancer.
    That's me too. We're just too modern.

The nobles are staying at that island to keep themselves a secret, right? Well, Union knows about them, that's true, but no other human (is supposed to) know. I remember it was also my question long time ago, about where other nobles are (I mean, are all nobles clan leaders? There must be others.) and what they're doing there while not investigating things because they seem to live a long, long time. That makes me wonder if they've ever lived more carefree than they currently are.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    That's me too. We're just too modern.

The nobles are staying at that island to keep themselves a secret, right? Well, Union knows about them, that's true, but no other human (is supposed to) know. I remember it was also my question long time ago, about where other nobles are (I mean, are all nobles clan leaders? There must be others.) and what they're doing there while not investigating things because they seem to live a long, long time. That makes me wonder if they've ever lived more carefree than they currently are.
    Well, it was revealed that nobles work under each specific clans whom they call the "_insert clan name here_ knights" So the nobles don't have to be clan leaders.

And what do they do when not investigating?
    Observe the stock market of course. They need cash to run their island you know.

Perhaps Lukedonia is a self sufficient island. It looks at if they only need to fund food and shelter since clothes just appear out of nowhere. (not to mention no electronics!)

I just don't see clan leaders making small talk over tea.

And what "business" does Rajak have, to go outside? Did Lukedonia run out of groceries?

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

That just made my day

Someone needs to go and make a Apply-Noblesse-In-Normal-Life thread

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast