Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rai Discussion thread

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Rai Discussion thread

Cadis Etrama Di Raizel, more commonly know as Rai, is one of the main character of Noblesse. This thread is dedicated for any discussion related to Rai.

Personal thoughts : He is without any doubt my favorite character. The grace, pride, elegance, the design, and the way he has shown to act in the series is really marvellous.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rai Discussion thread

Even though he doesn't talk much like other main characters Rai, is by far a special one because he only acts if the situation asked for it. What I like the most about him is despite his immense strength, he possess, he is still modest. And the most important thing is his 'followers' are attracted to him, what I want to say is that, they want to follow/serve him out of their own free will. Which further indicates that he is a natural leader IMO.

Credits:Shinsatsu

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    Even though he doesn't talk much like other main characters Rai, is by far a special one because he only acts if the situation asked for it. What I like the most about him is despite his immense strength, he possess, he is still modest. And the most important thing is his 'followers' are attracted to him, what I want to say is that, they want to follow/serve him out of their own free will. Which further indicates that he is a natural leader IMO.
    Agree completely
    And what even makes him even more cool, is the way he defeats his opponents Kneel
    I can't wait to get more info about him and his past, and also understand more his relationship with Franky.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I completely agree with the things that has been said. It's like Rai was designed to connect with our inner fan girls, you know lol
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

One of another reason I liked his character is, he is exactly how a being with greater power should act. We have seen him showing compassion for humans and other below him. Its not like he is drunk in his powers like Rael. One needs to be responsible with the what one has, that others' don't.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not generally a huge fan of the dark strong silent type characters that anime and manga love oh so much but Raizel is the exception. Primarily because of his whimsical nature. He's not really a dark character at all, he just looks that way.

Beneath his aristocratic air he's actually a rather friendly guy.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Friendly, humble and caring if I may add. Through out the series, he has shown how he cares about others. He is a noble but do not see humans as inferiors.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

He's one crazy but cool dude, this Rai is. I think he matches the image of a "noblesse", although it might be too much sometimes. ^^" The way he does not speak makes him cool, even more to see that when he speaks he said something like "Kneel" and his command is automatically fulfilled. His image is somehow "distorted" in my mind when he bothered about his button after battle, but it's funny, and I began to like him more. XD

(Still on chapter 40, will write more later. :3)

My new impression: he's one lazy guy. He still can't open the door after so long living with humans. Can't he learn? Even if Frankenstein didn't teach him, he could at least try it on his own. Instead he used the window. Lazy, and not very much like a noble. But still, he's cool. XD
    Last edited by phio_chan; June 24, 2011 at 11:06 AM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    He's one crazy but cool dude, this Rai is. I think he matches the image of a "noblesse", although it might be too much sometimes. ^^" The way he does not speak makes him cool, even more to see that when he speaks he said something like "Kneel" and his command is automatically fulfilled. His image is somehow "distorted" in my mind when he bothered about his button after battle, but it's funny, and I began to like him more. XD

My new impression: he's one lazy guy. He still can't open the door after so long living with humans. Can't he learn? Even if Frankenstein didn't teach him, he could at least try it on his own. Instead he used the window. Lazy, and not very much like a noble. But still, he's cool. XD
    well said, I totaly agree...

I'm sure that if anyone, Rai will never disappoint us in large scales.

I don't want to spoil you, but over time you will see, why we all love this manhwa.

The only problem is that you need to read quite a few chapters to figure out that this work is really amazing, and many gave up after only looking at the first few chapters...

To sum it all, I must say, yeah, read on and you might love this series even more...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That is true. To be honest, the first time I opened the first chapter, looking at how there was no words at all, and there were only like 6 pages, weird page organization, and weird protagonist, I almost closed the window. But definitely because it was weird that I became interested, and I'm glad I am. Reaching chapter 87 now, and I like Rai even more. He looks like he doesn't care while he actually is, and he shows it in such a... noble-like manner. :3

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

That part of the story was interesting. He has a noble aristocratic pride and might be neat freak, he cant have things being out of place.
    I'm not sure how long he has lived in the human world, prior to the start of the story.
    Quote Quote:

When you have powers to do things, who needs doors? I think the problem lies not being adept behind the modern technology rather than being lazy.

Welcome Phio chan to the Noblesse world~~~

Last edited by Charlie; June 24, 2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: typo

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's just how he is, from his experience living before his deep slumber. I think it would be interesting to know about his past; definitely looking forward to that one.

Haha, I know his problem is not being able to adapt well to the new world. I just can't imagine a noble being so lazy that he seems to lack curiosity at all. XD

And thanks, Charlie!

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's just how he is, from his experience living before his deep slumber. I think it would be interesting to know about his past; definitely looking forward to that one.
    In the arc we are right now, we are probably going to get a lot of very important info about his past , so hurry up and get to the current chapter

Haha, I know his problem is not being able to adapt well to the new world. I just can't imagine a noble being so lazy that he seems to lack curiosity at all. XD
    That even makes him awesome. The way must Nobles seem to not have any curiosity about anything makes that even look better and more interesting. Though Rai exaggerates on that

And btw i also welcome you to the Noblesse World
    It's very nice to see that Noblesse is getting more popular very fast

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    It's very nice to see that Noblesse is getting more popular very fast
    Well a own thread helps a lot (and advice of a certain person even more)

I think Rai just has a laid-back personality, he's doing what he must do but aside from that he's just letting things come. It may be because of their lifespan that the Nobles and especially Rai are doing things slow, just because there's no need to rush if you have hundreds or maybe even thousand years of life ahead.
    Rael may not be the best example but I remember him laughing at humans for always rushing things :/

That said I think it's not like Rai has no interest, he just takes his sweet time drinking tea
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; June 24, 2011 at 06:26 PM.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree! After finishing the second season today (that is, up to chapter 154), I feel like my respect towards him grows. Even though sometimes he still made "What the--?!" with his attitude once in a while, the fact that he cares about humans in general, and protecting the children in specific is just too awesome. He even didn't care about them not remembering anything, as he wished to do so simply because he wanted to do it, not to be remembered for his good deed. Truly a noble, in my opinion.

28. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast