Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rai Discussion thread

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rai Discussion thread

I completely agree, what amazed me the most is that he doesn't make any difference between human/vampire or friend/foe, only thing that matters is the behaviour/actions he sees (Like he didn't do anything to Tao because he saw that he wasn't doing anything bad)
    I thought that may be a reason why he does not suddenly attack everyone around him, because everytime he pops up he observes all the people around him for a certain time until he starts attacking. Even his attacks/defense are elegant. (I won't forget when Krans attacked him and he blocked it with just one hand, silent anger in his eyes: "Get lost" - *Krantz flying away* )

And even though he has so much power, he just plays a game with some little kids - and is totally losing For me, he's the perfect embodiment of a noble!

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Like what has already been said about Rai, He is pretty laid back which most main characters in Manga/Manhwa that i've read aren't... He can be serious at time when his friends are in danger... (Which they are... Constantly) and he can be used as a comedic device with his lack of knowledge of items of the 21st century and his obsession with Ramen!!!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

rai is an awesome character that has a little of everything and i like his mysterious aura and most of all i like the interaction between him and franky 'cause it always results in a funny situation
    what i'm really curious is to know why did franky said about rai that he's the true noblesse ...i wanna know the meaning behind those words ...all i can think about is that he's the only true one and the others are inferior to him or something like that

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious about him being the true noblesse too, and in a way that Regis or Seira (I can't remember which one, it could even be someone else) who called him "lord", now that I know there is another "lord" out there. And his obsession to ramen, obviously. That is so... fascinating. >___< He even made Frank to experiment with it!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

My hypothesis:

What is Rai?

My opinion is that the grandfather from Rai was once the Lord, even before the old Lord.

Sorry it's hard to distinguish them by names, becouse they were still not given, so I will adress them:
    1) the present Lord;
    2) the old Lord - the previous Lord;
    3) and finally, the ancient Lord - before the old Lord.

I believe that the ancient Lord had two children. The first was a girl(Rai's mother) and the second was a boy(the old Lord).

When the time came for the ancient Lord to go in his eternal sleep. He decided to leave his soul weapon Ragnarok to the old Lord. He might not want to see a girl as the next Lord, although that girl(Rai's mother) would be more than capable to become one. Still the ancient Lord's son - boy(the old Lord) was also seen as one who is fit/appropriate to become the next Lord.

With this the the ancient Lord decided to pass Ragnarok to his son(the old Lord), instead of his rightful successor - his daughter(Rai's mother).

After giving birth to Rai, Rai's mother would teach to Rai everything(especially manners) and at the end, Rai's mother would go in eternal sleep and leave to Rai a royal soul weapon, Rai is very proud of !!!

But later when it would be time for the next Lord, the old Lord would see his daughter NOT fit/appropriate for the present Lord, and so he would decide that he will give Ragnarok back to Rai, as it should be rightfully Rai's from the start, becouse Rai is the pure blood Noblesse !!!
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    My hypothesis:

What is Rai?

My opinion is that the grandfather from Rai was once the Lord, even before the old Lord.

Sorry it's hard to distinguish them by names, becouse they were still not given, so I will adress them:
    1) the present Lord;
    2) the old Lord - the previous Lord;
    3) and finally, the ancient Lord - before the old Lord.

I believe that the ancient Lord had two children. The first was a girl(Rai's mother) and the second was a boy(the old Lord).

When the time came for the ancient Lord to go in his eternal sleep. He decided to leave his soul weapon Ragnarok to the old Lord. He might not want to see a girl as the next Lord, although that girl(Rai's mother) would be more than capable to become one. Still the ancient Lord's son - boy(the old Lord) was also seen as one who is fit/appropriate to become the next Lord.

With this the the ancient Lord decided to pass Ragnarok to his son(the old Lord), instead of his rightful successor - his daughter(Rai's mother).

After giving birth to Rai, Rai's mother would teach to Rai everything(especially manners) and at the end, Rai's mother would go in eternal sleep and leave to Rai a royal soul weapon, Rai is very proud of !!!

But later when it would be time for the next Lord, the old Lord would see his daughter NOT fit/appropriate for the present Lord, and so he would decide that he will give Ragnarok back to Rai, as it should be rightfully Rai's from the start, becouse Rai is the pure blood Noblesse !!!
    You never cease to suprise me with your awesome and original ideas.

So according to your idea it would mean that Rai and the current Lord would be from the same Clan, which would take some of Rai awesomeness away! What, I'm saying is that the current Lord would have the same surname, Cadis Etrama di x. This would definetly take away the unique sounding name of him, if there would be an entire Clan with the same name. That would also take away some of his Mysteries that surrounds him. Like who the hell is he? Where does he come from? Or was he a Clan leader before he went to sleep?[Seeing him dressed like the other Clan leaders may indeed indicate that he was one, when the previous Lord summoned him.]

I always saw Rai as an normal Noble who just like Frankenstein transcended the realm of a 'normal' Noble and thus became the 'true Noblesse' through his own means. Unlike the other Clan leaders who seem to specialized in one aspect Rai specialty incorporated there specialty into one, his own. I think that's why he is able to emit an aura that is similar to the current Lord.

Credits:Shinsatsu

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    What, I'm saying is that the current Lord would have the same surname, Cadis Etrama di x.
    I wonder if that is really the surname or the family name (which would be the clan name), as Rai never really stated so; the name Rai itself was made by Shinwoo and the gang, right? XD

Anyway, Monsterguy, that is an interesting hypothesis!
    Though, I feel like Rai's objection to the old Lord's offer to be the next Lord is too strong if he really is still a descendent from the ancient Lord. I also can't imagine why such decision for the current Lord to be the Lord would lead to the betrayal of so many clan leaders before, based on Gejutel's explanation. I can't tell why, it's just a hunch, so forgive me. To me this seems to be a case outside family matter, hmm.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I wonder if that is really the surname or the family name (which would be the clan name), as Rai never really stated so; the name Rai itself was made by Shinwoo and the gang, right? XD
    According to him, his first and last name is Cadis Etrama d Raizel.

Rai is a nickname or shortened version for Raizel that Shinwoo and the gang / school girls made for him. Since his name was too long.

There is some contention on the proper spelling of his name. Some translations might have it as Raijer. Although the most accepted version (by fans) is what everyone uses, which is Raizel.

@monsterguy, excellent idea / theory.
    Last edited by Charlie; July 03, 2011 at 04:02 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With respect to monsterguy, that explanation doesn't fit my understanding of the situation (though of course, i could be wrong).

The way it has sort of played out in my mind is that Rai being The True Noblesse, is different than how Raskeria is The Lord. Her being The Lord, meant in my mind that she was Lord of the nobles, a title and position which she inherited from her father, the unnamed previous Lord. Rai being The True Noblesse, on the other hand, seemed to me to mean that he was not just The Noblesse now, but had Always been The Noblesse, and was the Only Noblesse, going back to the beginning. My general understanding was that Rai is the oldest living being on earth, older even than the previous Lord, having always served in his position as The Noblesse.

My only real evidence in this theory is the flashback where previous Lord gave Rai his cross earrings as a "birthday present". When asked, the Lord said he didn't know when Rai's birthday was. That seemed to indicate to me that Rai was Older than the Lord.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2