Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Role of Werewolves in the Series?

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

The Role of Werewolves in the Series?

Werewolves were mentioned by Frankenstein in the series. Considering the connection between werewolves and vampires in different formats of media, do you think they will play a major or minor role in the future events? Any theory about werewolves can be discussed here.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; June 17, 2011 at 02:39 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The role of werewolves in the series?

I don't really know what to expect from the "Werewolves" but i think that their importance will be bigger than the simple knowledge of their existence.
    At some point M-21 will be able of fully transform into one, but i don't think this matter will stay only like this.
    Maybe a war between them and the Nobles is something that prolly will happen, but for now, we still don't got almost any info of them, so an hypothetical importance of them in the story is still a bit away from happening

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect that the way that werewolves will be brought in the story will be through M-21's teammates...or should I say former comrades....the first 100 to be experimented on...I pretty much think that the real werewolves gone...

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree werewolves can indead be an arc on it's own. It was mentioned from Rai that they are not to be underestimated, although they have one simple flaw compared to Noblesse people. That is that werewolves are unable to mess with human mind (change human memory) no matter how strong they are.

As I already said I believe for werewolves to have a major rolle for the story that is still to come.

Otherwise I believe that they (werewolves) are more cautious in front of a lot of people than Noblesse people. My believe is also that M-21 would at first be seen as their friend only to infiltrate among them and gather information, but with this I think that later they(werewolves) will see him as a traitor.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

We may see more references to Werewolves, once M-21 completely transforms like he did before, but this time on his own. I suspect there should be few left in this era. Somehow, Crombel looked to me as one.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

M21 holds the key to the were wolfs, Period.
    I am sure that they will be introduced later this series, for now i think after showing this much about noblesse we will get to see the organization again.
    In the process we'll see the were-wolfs.
    Noblesse has soul weapon mind control and some of their sp abilities like the thrust Reigs punches or the doppelganger tech Raizer does.

We might see some sleek hax move held by the werewolfs themselves which might set themselves to a some what parallel level to the noblesse.

As for the part they play, i am sure they will have sth to do with the Organization<M21 is one of the Main and he will be trying to find about his mutation as Frank says its different from D5 and all.
    So we might see the Organization trying to use the werewolf body parts to mutilate their soldiers to try and match with the noblesse.

As clearly the level of obnoxiousness the Organization seem to posses it must be very hard to chew the fact that they are no match for the Noblesse so they must mutate to be stronger .
    Last edited by shaheer; June 23, 2011 at 07:44 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Noblesse still have a long way to go, if it still has to explain this arc about werewolves, the eternal enemy of vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    I don't really know what to expect from the "Werewolves" but i think that their importance will be bigger than the simple knowledge of their existence.
    At some point M-21 will be able of fully transform into one, but i don't think this matter will stay only like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    We may see more references to Werewolves, once M-21 completely transforms like he did before, but this time on his own. I suspect there should be few left in this era. Somehow, Crombel looked to me as one.
    I wonder if M-21 would turn into a real werewolf. Crombel surely messed up with his and his comrades' bodies a lot. I wonder if his comrades also had the heart of a werewolf like he did, or if the comrades are only 'tools' to see what M-21 actually is, like what happened on D5; they were all for testing the power of the leader, how much he could evolve to.

Personally I don't think he would; M-21 would only inherit the power of a real werewolf, but he would not evolve into one werewolf. As much as I believe Crombel is a genius, I don't think he would make it. His other experiments too; I would say he is trying to make a noble, but the result isn't very near the original nobles.

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I suspect that the way that werewolves will be brought in the story will be through M-21's teammates...or should I say former comrades....the first 100 to be experimented on...I pretty much think that the real werewolves gone...
    I also think that the real werewolves no longer exist. M-21 and his comrades would be the proof that they existed before. Mostly because what had been explained on the manhwa itself; werewolves don't have power to manipulate memories, thus it is hard for them to freely live, therefore they disappeared. But some parts of themselves leave; let's say their heart like in M-21 case, and maybe some genes which Crombel had taken before.

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    As for the part they play, i am sure they will have sth to do with the Organization<M21 is one of the Main and he will be trying to find about his mutation as Frank says its different from D5 and all.
    So we might see the Organization trying to use the werewolf body parts to mutilate their soldiers to try and match with the noblesse.
    I imagined that Crombel had a plan in mind: if he failed to create a noble who can match the original noble, he would as well create the biggest enemy of the vampires: werewolves. XD

Sometimes I wonder if this issue about werewolves would be explained or not. Or maybe it would only be discussed a bit, without further explanation. There is also a possibility of that, considering that the werewolves might have vanished. The plot focuses more on nobles now that human and others have been abandoned. :3

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

With the recent chapter, the werewolves connection is being played at I believe. I think there is a chance that one or both of the new characters can have powers related to them.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

As I said earlier, somehow always get a werewolf-ish vibe from Crombel. I keep thinking that his research, which is helped or rather based on the diary, has more to do with Werevoles than Nobles. They are the only beings, who may have power enough to impose Nobles.

I do had the same thought Charlie. If M-21 had werewolves part, there are chances others might have them too. We don't know how they are related to Crombel or the organization. If its a smaller setup, I am not sure they could have access to such rarities.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    As I said earlier, somehow always get a werewolf-ish vibe from Crombel. I keep thinking that his research, which is helped or rather based on the diary, has more to do with Werevoles than Nobles. They are the only beings, who may have power enough to impose Nobles.

I do had the same thought Charlie. If M-21 had werewolves part, there are chances others might have them too. We don't know how they are related to Crombel or the organization. If its a smaller setup, I am not sure they could have access to such rarities.
    Do you think there is a chance there will be a Noble versus Warewolf conflict. I mean with the actual race and not just the modified humans. Lets say before or after the Union situation winds up?

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Do you think there is a chance there will be a Noble versus Warewolf conflict. I mean with the actual race and not just the modified humans. Lets say before or after the Union situation winds up?
    I would love to see that, don't you? There aren't many instances in the story to come to a conclusion. If wee look at the theme so far, the focus is on ever-so changing humans vs. standing-still Nobels. Anyway, we may see a battle or two involving werewolves. I think, they still exists, hiding somewhere. It can be related to Nobel's opting to stay away from Humans. We may get an arc focusing on werewolves. It will be so awesome, no?

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there was this thinking that Crombel seemed to be the one with most knowledge about werewolves because he had Frank's diary. Not that Frank's past was surely related to werewolves, but from his experiments with M-21 and the manifestations in other modified humans, we couldn't help but thinking that this might have some connection. ^^

I can't imagine yet how this stand-alone organization may possess knowledge about werewolves; perhaps they are given information by Crombel without them knowing about it (although they want to hide this from the Union in other side), or they simply experiment randomly, or there is another person inside this agency who knows more than we think. Maybe even a living werewolf! That would be a great idea, especially to support the idea of noble vampires versus werewolves. Both are lead by two strongest entity in the team, that would be an awesome battle. :3

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

M-21 having wolf's parts indicates the intention of the organization. They want to create Super Humans, powerful enough to defeat Nobels. For the time being, I only see werewolves as a mean to achieve there objective. The question is, like movies, are both the entities rivals? Is there a reason for werewolves to take the organization's side to fight against Nobels.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

since i did not find a han shinwoo theory thread and what im saying is wearwolf related here is my theory that han shinwoo could be a wearwolf he is to strong to be just a strong and agile human and time and times again i seen him make an impression on modified begins i think his werewolf powers are dormant and when he is close to death is when will see his werewolf iv read some other forms when they are discussing shinwoo and saying they do not want his character to change what a character we got here and for him just to be use as a comic relief what a shame
    Last edited by mup; April 02, 2012 at 06:41 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Truly hard to say since we don't see Shin Woo a lot in the series, speaking honestly, or when we see him it doesn't truly contribute to the advance of the plot or we don't really get to know more about him. Based from his strength alone there probably is something different than usual human in him, though I'm not yet sure what. Hopefully we'll get there someday.

What I suspect more as a werewolf is also Crombel, as the creator of M-21. *shrugs*

P.S.: If you want to start a thread to discuss about Shin Woo, feel free to do so, mup.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast