Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Where does Frankenstain's power come from ?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • it was passed on, from somebody to Frankenstain

1 4.17%
  • Frankenstain developed it by itself

23 95.83%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Frankenstein Discussion Thread

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankenstein Discussion Thread

Probably the most intriguing and mysterious character in the series, certainly needs a separate thread for discussion.

This character is simply epic. On the other hand, sometimes he gives me a mischievous aura. What are your thoughts about Frankenstein?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Frankenstein Discussion Thread

When it comes to Frankenstein, many thoughts and questions gather on my mind at the same time. Like what being is he? Or what his past was like? It's safe to assume that he definitely was a scientist at one point and now we can say that, he isn't your usual Noble that we have seen so far in the series. But one thing is certain he is along with Rai an epic character, especially when his seal is lifted with his dark aura surrounding him.

Credits:Shinsatsu

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    When it comes to Frankenstein, many thoughts and questions gather on my mind at the same time. Like what being is he? Or what his past was like? It's safe to assume that he definitely was a scientist at one point and now we can say that, he isn't your usual Noble that we have seen so far in the series. But one thing is certain he is along with Rai an epic character, especially when his seal is lifted with his dark aura surrounding him.
    I also think that Frankenstein is not a Noblesse like the rest. I even think that he's older than Rai. When I try to imagine his past, I get the feeling that he was lost in his dark experiments before he met Rai and became his subject. Maybe he thinks that Rai saved him from the darkness of those experiments...
    I also think that Rai and Frank have a lot of fighting history together. Especially after that time when Rai asked Frank about the condition of the spear and whether it's still trying to consume him.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    I also think that Frankenstein is not a Noblesse like the rest. I even think that he's older than Rai. When I try to imagine his past, I get the feeling that he was lost in his dark experiments before he met Rai and became his subject. Maybe he thinks that Rai saved him from the darkness of those experiments...
    I also think that Rai and Frank have a lot of fighting history together. Especially after that time when Rai asked Frank about the condition of the spear and whether it's still trying to consume him.
    Could you please, elaborate more on why you think that Frankenstein is older then Rai? I may have missed a hint or something like that but to me that thought never occured. Frankenstein being mysterious as he is, I think that he made his research regarding Nobles and used himself as an test subject but failed as a result Rai might have made a contract with him. And thus Frankenstein attained perfection as the first human being successfully making a contract with a Noblesse. I mean whencever would Gejutel know about the contract. It would only make sense if someone in the past made such a feat.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

What is Frankenstein ?

What do you think is Frankenstein as a race, I want to hear your opinion. You can also discus Frankenstain's personality here as to why do you think that he is like that.

Personaly I believe Frankenstein is "Something between human and Noblesse", becouse as a scientist he was researching all kind of things. At that time I believe that he also stumbled upon a vampire or as we better know, a Noblesse. Soon he discovered a way, how to take only his powers and implant them in his own human body.
    Last edited by Monsterguy; June 19, 2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: My first ever poll, sorry for any unintentional mistakes. I accept all critics as a PM !!!
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is Frankenstein ?

Great Thread Monsterguy

I have heard a lot of ideas about this on the net.

I think that he is a noble. That is what I voted for.

He has too much power power I think to be less than that.

Lets compare what we know about him.

Frankenstien:

Powerful, Scientist, evil or dark type power, subservient to Raizel.

Oddity: Blue Eyes. All nobles we know in the series have Red eyes.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

well, when Gejuteil made that offer to the trio (M-21, Takeo, Tao) to make a contract with him,, after that explanation,, I thought maybe this is what Franky is... originally a human (a weirdo scientist human at that) who gained excessive powers after forming a contract with a powerful noblesse (Rai),, and so Rai became his Master.. though I can't think of a reason of why Rai decided to do so ..

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi View Post
    well, when Gejuteil made that offer to the trio (M-21, Takeo, Tao) to make a contract with him,, after that explanation,, I thought maybe this is what Franky is... originally a human (a weirdo scientist human at that) who gained excessive powers after forming a contract with a powerful noblesse (Rai),, and so Rai became his Master.. though I can't think of a reason of why Rai decided to do so ..
    Very possible. That could also explain a lot things too. It ties into Thorns recent post in the soul weapon page.

Why Rai might do something like that?

I dont know either.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Very possible. That could also explain a lot things too. It ties into Thorns recent post in the soul weapon page.

Why Rai might do something like that?

I dont know either.
    The only reason that I can think of why Rai made a contract with Frankenstein would be out of compassion. I think that the mad scientist Frankenstein was notorious enough to attract the attention of the Nobles back then and rumors about his experiments showed up all over the place.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, i don't think he is a Noble , but someone that did a great number of experiences in himself.
    First of all he doesn't has red eyes , so i don't think he could ever be considered a Noble and second doesn't Dr. Crombel also has powers similar to him ?

We know that Dr. Crombel possess probably Frankenstein's diary so this could explain how their powers are that similar and also the fact that Frank isn't a Noble.

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    The only reason that I can think of why Rai made a contract with Frankenstein would be out of compassion. I think that the mad scientist Frankenstein was notorious enough to attract the attention of the Nobles back then and rumors about his experiments showed up all over the place.
    I think that's a very possible scenario !

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yellowblue's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Frank looks like a human hybrid like M21 (his powers also starts to manifest from the hand). Also another question is why both Rai and Frank are not aging? Is it due to Rai or Frank?

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Axaristos's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

And yes he is but a mere human....

Answered in chapter 190. Any more info's are yet to be released be the artists.
    "Fear me. I have killed hundreds of timelords"
    "Fear me. Ihave killed all of them"

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

We know he is human now. .

The questions behind how he can use powers like a noblesse is still a mystery.

Removing poll.
    Monster - you can create a new one, based on the current chapter info or previous chapters. If you wish. ©~Charlie
    Last edited by Charlie; June 20, 2011 at 07:31 PM.

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

It was explained that Frankenstain was a human in the past.

But there is still a question, how did Frankenstain attain such powers?

Was there in the past a Noblesse clan Leader with such power, but sometning happened to him and so he decided to give all his power to Frank. With this it could be passed on !!!

It could also be that as a human Frankentain was researching some other creature like a werewolf or sometning else and as a scientist created it by itself.

Could it be that Frank's power originates from experiments on a Noblesse power?

I simply believe that this power, can not be totaly artificial, becouse it has it's own will, but I could be also wrong !!!

Anyway what do you think? (Vote)

My personal theory on which I judge that Frank developed his power on it's own:

I believe that the "Dark Spear" was created from an animal, most probably a loyal servant to human, a normal dog transormed into an energy, why a human and a dog are like two best friends if they trust each other. The problem is that Dr. Crumbel (I don't know how if I spelled his name correctly) came in the middle and a dog wanted to have only one master he will obey (so he is rampaging).
    Last edited by Monsterguy; June 29, 2011 at 04:58 AM.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

28. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda predicted he would be a human, it was clear for a long time that he is not Noblesse...let's not forget that this is a story based on the lore of vampires, werewolves...I don't have the slightest doubt that other famous figures from this lore will be here...

Of course Frankenstein was created by a scientist, but given the circumstances in the story that our F is a scientist himself...I think he elevated himself to the level he is now alone...

So yeah he was a human, however the thing is that his body still remembers that, which is the reason for the side effects...I voted that he created the weapon himself, but that was really a random vote, because I can't decide between his intellect and the requirements for a soul weapon to be had...I mean if he would've developed the soul weapon or something similar, I think he it is impossible that he would've created something beyond his strength...but it is still eating his body...
    However I see no reason why a clan leader would let a piece of his soul inside him...unless it was the previous Lord himself, who turned out to be quite the goof, by wanting Rai on the throne for example...so maybe this soul weapon is part of his plan...the thing is Rai would know about that so...

Oh well, I'l' finish my blabbering, cuz I really can't decide...although I'm pretty sure it will be a completely other scenario
    Last edited by benelori; June 21, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

30. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast