Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Where does Frankenstain's power come from ?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • it was passed on, from somebody to Frankenstain

1 4.17%
  • Frankenstain developed it by itself

23 95.83%
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Frankenstein Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Frankenstein Discussion Thread

So far I read, I think Frankenstein's character is... balanced. From various points of view. Being a principal, he cares a lot about his school and his students. Being a servant, he follows his master's order without question and support him all the way. Being a house owner, well, he sure cares a lot about his home being tidy, clean, and organized. And he's an awesome cook, man! The best husband-gonna-be ever. XD Being a fighter, everyone knows he is deadly. :3

It's funny to see him changes his personality from time to time, sometimes very sudden (and most of it because of Rai =__=), but that's what makes him interesting.

I'm curious to see how he got "recruited" by Rai, even to a point which he displays complete trust and obedience. I hope to get the answer in this third season. XD

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is Frankenstein ?

All I can say from the chapter 191, is that Frany was a beast, especially when he gets a little serious...

Still could he be talking about his power devouering him in a way that he loses control over it and starts fighting as a true monster, in other words, the "devouering" would mean, that only when Franky loases the control, that he would lose all his reason and start reclesly killing people around himself, so there might not necessarly be the only option for Frankenstain to die, right ???
    Last edited by Monsterguy; July 01, 2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: the pevious setance made no sense
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    All I can say from the chapter 191, is that Frany is a beast, especially when he gets a little serious...

Still could he be talking about his power devouering him in a way that he loses control over it and starts fighting as a true monster, or only that when Franky loases the control, the "devouering" means that he loses all his reason and starts reclesly killing people around himself ???
    I agree with you.

I think you're on the right track!! The whole 'devouring him' will probably look like Frankenstein being cloaked in his power. But that won't be a good thing for him. I also think that when he is in that state, he will probably kill anyone in his vicinity; friend or foe doesn't matter. Once the 'demon' within has awakened, he will go on a killing spree while he has to watch it but is unable to stop it himself that would probably explain why he suffers through that nightmare.

Credits:Shinsatsu

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Now thanks to the revelation that we got in chapter 191. I think that Frankenstein's powers originates from both science and selling his soul to the devil. The fact that his power gives out a dark energy leads me to believe that it is indeed a demonic power and furthermore when he uses his powers he is cloaked in a pitch black thing which gives him a claw. We all know that he was a scientist who pursued knowledge but he must have reached a dead end and probably resorted to something unorthodox; black magic, dark magic etc. With this new informtion I think that Dark Spear might be the birth of these two sources of him.

Credits:Shinsatsu

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to think of Frank like what Gejutel said, that he made a pact with demon to give him such power. I think this also explains the "devouring" part. He seems to be getting more violent at the last chapter; losing his mind over power and the demon who wants to control himself. Though, I can't imagine the reason of why he had to do such pact nor how he ended up serving Rai so perfectly. But his power obviously is not something simple to start with. Even nobles' clan leaders have a hard time against him. That's just... wow. ^^"

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I somehow believe that Noblesse's Frankenstein was based off of Victor Frankenstein from Mary Shelly's Frankenstein , since in the novel Victor is a scientist who tries to attain knowledge in creating an artificial life. As we've seen in Noblesse, Frankenstein got into Huge trouble with Rai for creating artificial humans which led to the restriction on his power.

Actually Ever since I heard him being called Frankenstein, I always had connected those two in a sense and maybe that was their plan to allued to Victor...

Also, I should also say the thing we most commonly connect the name Frankenstein to is not Frankenstein at all , it is just called creature...

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to post the same thing I said in What is Frankenstein also in here, since it is very relevant in here...

I somehow believe that Noblesse's Frankenstein was based off of Victor Frankenstein from Mary Shelly's Frankenstein , since in the novel Victor is a scientist who tries to attain knowledge in creating an artificial life. As we've seen in Noblesse, Frankenstein got into Huge trouble with Rai for creating artificial humans which led to the restriction on his power.

Actually Ever since I heard him being called Frankenstein, I always had connected those two in a sense and maybe that was their plan to allued to Victor...

Also, I should also say the thing we most commonly connect the name Frankenstein to is not Frankenstein at all , it is just called creature...

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    As we've seen in Noblesse, Frankenstein got into Huge trouble with Rai for creating artificial humans which led to the restriction on his power.
    I wonder if I skipped this part since I didn't remember it was there before. :O

A creature? Are you saying that someone actually created Frank? Well, the part of him being created is possible as well. But then, I would imagine that Frank got his power from his creator, and that must mean that the creator is a very strong one. :O

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I wonder if I skipped this part since I didn't remember it was there before. :O

A creature? Are you saying that someone actually created Frank? Well, the part of him being created is possible as well. But then, I would imagine that Frank got his power from his creator, and that must mean that the creator is a very strong one. :O
    I think kdown referred to this scene. Still I didn't remember any scene where it was mentioned that he created artificial humans :/
    Rai says that he took countless lifes for his experiments, but he never specified these experiments. If anything, Franky may have experienced with other humans to find out how to prolong life/gain more strength. As he once said he's the origin of the "Enhanced Humans", that's why their wounds caused by him healed very slow.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, thank you, naruto-niichan!
    I see. I think that could explain why he seems to know pretty much about M-21, Tao, and Takeo... I mean, he could even make those pills, checking their bodies, and so on. I think it is possible that he did similar experiments in the past. Maybe he even did one to himself, but because he needed more people to try on, he did it, and found out by Rai. *shrugs*

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, thank you, naruto-niichan!
    I see. I think that could explain why he seems to know pretty much about M-21, Tao, and Takeo... I mean, he could even make those pills, checking their bodies, and so on. I think it is possible that he did similar experiments in the past. Maybe he even did one to himself, but because he needed more people to try on, he did it, and found out by Rai. *shrugs*
    Yup, it's thanks to Franky's book that Crombel was able to create stronger/better "Enhanced Humans", so they are solely based on his researchs. And sure he experimented on himself, otherwise a normal human wouldn't be able to live for such a long time and to have power rivaling that of a Clan Leader. Still it would be a bad thing if he really took other people's life to gain advantage for himself :/

Even Rai doesn't seem to know much, at least not back then. He didn't find out about the experiments phio-chin, it was another group.

Quote Quote:
    Rai: They told me you've taken countless lifes for your experiments. All are saying your power is dangerous.
    I wonder who he meant by "they" and "all"? Maybe the old Lord/old Clan Leaders? If so, Gejutel should know more about Franky. Hopefully we will get more infos on him soon.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I was refering to a Panel way back in the early chapters when I showed when Rai originally put the seal on his powers....

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    I was refering to a Panel way back in the early chapters when I showed when Rai originally put the seal on his powers....
    then I'm sorry kdown :/ still I don't remember that part, could you show me/us which panel you're referring to?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Yup, it's thanks to Franky's book that Crombel was able to create stronger/better "Enhanced Humans", so they are solely based on his researchs. And sure he experimented on himself, otherwise a normal human wouldn't be able to live for such a long time and to have power rivaling that of a Clan Leader. Still it would be a bad thing if he really took other people's life to gain advantage for himself :/

Even Rai doesn't seem to know much, at least not back then. He didn't find out about the experiments phio-chin, it was another group.
    That is true. I couldn't Frank being such a cold person; he seems to be.. a little compassionate.
    And oh, I see. Sorry about that. ^^"

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I wonder who he meant by "they" and "all"? Maybe the old Lord/old Clan Leaders? If so, Gejutel should know more about Franky. Hopefully we will get more infos on him soon.
    It seems like Gejutel does know about Frank quite a lot. He has been living for a very long time, that is. He once was told to kill(?) Frank, accompanied with another clan leader, only to be beaten. I suppose before or after so he must have done some kind of research towards Frank's background, so I bet he knows a lot about Frank. :3

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That is true. I couldn't Frank being such a cold person; he seems to be.. a little compassionate.
    And oh, I see. Sorry about that. ^^"

I agree, it's not really fitting his character but maybe he has changed over the (hundreds of) years. Still when it comes to experimenting he gets... intense >D so who knows, Franky is a character with a lot of different notions. Still Frank was the only human the old Lord aknowleged so he can't be that bad a person.
    And no reason to be sorry, I miss a lot of things too when rushing through the chapters XD It may be a bad habit but I always try to get to the actual chapter as fast as possible.
    It seems like Gejutel does know about Frank quite a lot. He has been living for a very long time, that is. He once was told to kill(?) Frank, accompanied with another clan leader, only to be beaten. I suppose before or after so he must have done some kind of research towards Frank's background, so I bet he knows a lot about Frank. :3
    True, he indeed seems to know a lot. Gejutel looks like a smart person so I'm sure he did some research on him but he wasn't ordered to kill him phio and we don't know if they were beaten. I think the chance is high that they brought him to the Lord, but that's still a mystery (too much mysteries here XD). Here's what Geju said:

Quote Quote:
    Gejutel: If the goal was eliminating him, one Leader would have sufficed. It would not have been easy, but it would have been possible to kill him. However, the previous Lord wanted him captured alive. So.. the previous Kertia Clan Leader and I... the two of us were sent to capture him... to capture one mere human.
    I hope he will reveal a bit more but now that Rai popped up the subject will likely change to him and the current Lord. Looks like we have to wait a bit longer to get the mysteries around him solved

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast