Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Where does Frankenstain's power come from ?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • it was passed on, from somebody to Frankenstain

1 4.17%
  • Frankenstain developed it by itself

23 95.83%
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Frankenstein Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is Frankenstein ?

Whoops, right. I wasn't reading thoroughly enough, haha~ I meant capturing him alive. I just remembered that there is a word "kill" somewhere. XD I had the impression that they were beaten since Gejutel told Rael that if Frank used his power to the maximum, "how could you still stay alive?" Although it doesn't imply right away, I had the impression that Gejutel had seen Frank's truest power and witnessed the destruction he could do.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No problema XD I get your point and you could be right, but I interpreted Gejutel's question as some kind of offence because he knew that Rael couldn't be a match for Franky. I agree that he has seen Frank's true power but again I interpreted it another way XD
    He gave a definite description of his powers (that one Clan Leader could kill him, even though it wouldn't be easy), that's why I thought that they were able to capture him together. Franky should be stronger now but I got the impression that Gejutel was quite sure about what he said, regarding the Franky back then.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Frankenstein Discussion Thread

Now that we know that Frankenstein's Dark Spear consists of many Souls. The main question now is what kind of souls? Because I exclude the idea of human souls being part of the Dark Spear due to two reasons.

1) Rai - he would never allow Frankenstein to live, if he used fellow humans as guinea pigs for his personal gain.

2) The many souls that gives a 'dark aura', this irritates me the most. It definetly can't be human!!

I personally think that the Dark Spear is made of Vampire's souls who were hunted down by Frankenstein himself.

Credits:Shinsatsu

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was made of vampire's souls, that means there were quite a lot of vampires at that time when he created/obtained his Dark Spear, but it's a good thing at least Franky wont be guilty...

however It was stated that Dr. Crombel's powers are similar to Franky's, if it's a vampire-related thing, isn't it difficult for Crombel to find a large number of them?? the Nobles made a rule that they won't suck human's blood and so it became a forbidden thing and they punish any Noble who would do it, so beings like vampires are just found once every now and then...

and about Dr. Crombel, if he somehow obtained the same kind of power as Franky, maybe he found a way to control/tame this thing?? if so maybe Franky can get this knowledge and tame his dark spear as well...

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, guys~
    I'm on chapter 142 of Noblesse and I finally understand why Frankenstein has his name. I'm even more attached to his character now that he's shown his dark side and everything. I'm so excited to see how things unfold from here on out.

I guess that the writer of Noblesse is a fan of Mary Shelley as well.

Also, hoorah to my first Noblesse forum post!

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey precious, welcome to Noblesse section...another Noblesse reader . Naomi, you better catch up soon...more epicness is yet to come, pretty amazing plot development in the recent chapters.

I have a theory about Franky and DS, but I will use spoiler tag as Naomi hasn't caught up:

Spoiler show

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi View Post
    If it was made of vampire's souls, that means there were quite a lot of vampires at that time when he created/obtained his Dark Spear, but it's a good thing at least Franky wont be guilty...

however It was stated that Dr. Crombel's powers are similar to Franky's, if it's a vampire-related thing, isn't it difficult for Crombel to find a large number of them?? the Nobles made a rule that they won't suck human's blood and so it became a forbidden thing and they punish any Noble who would do it, so beings like vampires are just found once every now and then...

and about Dr. Crombel, if he somehow obtained the same kind of power as Franky, maybe he found a way to control/tame this thing?? if so maybe Franky can get this knowledge and tame his dark spear as well...
    I think that when the first Vampire's appeared out of nowhere they were numerous to spread fear among the humans. They increased their numbers really fast and thus they somehow caught Franky's attention.

Well with Franky's notes and his knowledge it wouldn't be difficult for him to create beings who are similar or to close to the original. This way it wouldn't be difficult for him to find a number of Test subjects. I think the only one who is destined to attain 'perfection' will be no other then Franky while Crombel will fail...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Naomidee

We are always happy to see new fans of Noblessse.

I believe that the chapters ahead of you will soon get really good, becouse after I read more than 150 chapters, I was having a lot of questions. But right now, those misteries are slowly becoming clear to me. Still after one question is answered, 3 other pop up, but it's very funny and remarkably interesting to see how the story goes to reveal them.

The most frustrating for me is that there are no more chapters out, when the best part comes... Okay, they are coming out, each week to be precise, with more than 30 pages, although that's not enough to fill up/satisfy my hunger, after wanting to read more...

If you see the last few chapters, around chapter 190, Frankenstain finally starts to come, in the front, and something big is revealed about him. Nonetheless Rai's past also slowly becomes interesting and Frankenstain's character, still wraped in many mysteries, goes in the background.

In almost any other story, a character like Franky would NOT be so interesting for me, anymore, but not Franky, in Noblesse !!!

Frankenstain remains, along with Rai something special to me in this series, although I love all characters that were shown in Noblesse manhwa, especialy Shinwoo and Seira as a pair (), like I already mentioned in "Noblesse Pairing Thread" and many others...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the origins of his powers and the Dark Spear are the souls of the countless humans that were sacrified in his experiments.... That panel with shadows hands grabbing him was a hint. Like the clan leaders have the soul weapon with only adding one soul at a time, the souls of former experiments Frank made tried to obtain revenge by consuming Frank's mind (that was responsible for the experiments) and Frank managed to supress them....
    In short, I think Frank used technology and dark magic to be what he is...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I think the origins of his powers and the Dark Spear are the souls of the countless humans that were sacrified in his experiments....
    QFT, my thought exactly. Frank did many experiments on his own on humans left and right and be it failed or not he must have saved their soul or thier driving power as a reference or sthfor hte next exp, bit by bit they manifested on their own to become sth very deadly which frank moulded into the spear. Franks spear looks more like an aura spear and not solid like i mean he did pierce the abdomen of the noble but it looks like an amalgamation of semisolid dark scoup .
    and these entities hate him thats y they devour him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    then I'm sorry kdown :/ still I don't remember that part, could you show me/us which panel you're referring to?
    No, you linked to the very one he describes. You corrected his first point and just missed his second point.
    Right after finding Frankie has been doing experiements, he orders Frankie to place a seal on his powers.
    http://egscans.com/Manga_Viewer/Nobl...isplay=webtoon

Quote Originally Posted by Otters11 View Post
    I predicted the ^above^ in the Chapter 191 thread. Then this appeared in 192...

Did we even discuss this scene?
    Any thoughts or opinions on what is happening here?

Here's 192 starting a few pages back: http://egscans.com/Manga_Viewer/Nobl.../Chapter_192/4
    What did you feel leading up to this?
    Last edited by Otters11; July 15, 2011 at 02:50 AM. Reason: clarification.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if this has been brought up already, but there's another important thing about Frankenstein that somewhat bothers me. Look: http://egscans.com/Manga_Viewer/Nobl...Chapter_006/14
    Seems like Rai considered the possibility of Franky becoming clan leader a REAL possibility. Isn't that strange?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by Otters11 View Post
    And I am hung up on one other thing. She's not actually called his daughter, The Lord.
    The reason I am hung up on this, http://egscans.com/Manga_Viewer/Nobl.../Chapter_159/5
    You see, Gejutel-nim here offers to give power and blood to the trio that would make them, like Nobles.
    First of all, I'm sure he is just testing them. Second, this blood thing, could the princess be...?

How the hell could the Lords, we have been assuming "Daughter" be so unfit to rule, that the Lord would offer his power, Ragnorak as a gift to decorate a home, and his seat as a Noble King to someone who exists outside of the Noble system of clans and inherited heirs? This Lord's message must be one hell of a ball-buster. Cause there are too many damn things, that just do not make sense.

Sincerely, asleep for the movie. ~ Gotta wait for the remake.
    Technically a "Clan", is a Clan. (Think Highlander The Movie.)
    The word, Clan, doesn't have to mean Raizel-nim meant a "Noble" Clan.

But then I get your confusion if you believe he meant Vampire/Noble Clan. He isn't actually a Noble or of their blood. That has finally been made clear. So the trading of Blood....is an interesting question. What would happen if he infused his blood with someone else? Because he is human I have not reason to think he can bite people and transform them as a Noble might.

Still it's an interesting Question? How would Frankenstein go about Creating a Clan, if he wanted to?
    Last edited by Otters11; July 15, 2011 at 08:20 PM.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Franky would gather some over looked nobles and take them under his wing and start a clan (blood line via descendants)of his own.

The egscans chapter chapter linked about mentions clan leader, though the other one on mf has a slightly different text.

I cant say which of the two is accurate.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Dunno if this has been brought up already, but there's another important thing about Frankenstein that somewhat bothers me. Look: http://egscans.com/Manga_Viewer/Nobl...Chapter_006/14
    Seems like Rai considered the possibility of Franky becoming clan leader a REAL possibility. Isn't that strange?
    Hmm, I find it a little bit confusing too. We know that Frankenstein is the sole human the previous Lord chose to 'acknowledge'so is he also considered a Noble? Then otherwise it wouldn't make any sense for Rai to ask him if he has become a Clan Leeader during his absense.

@Otters: The picture of Frankenstein reminds of this movie.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast