Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Where does Frankenstain's power come from ?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • it was passed on, from somebody to Frankenstain

1 4.17%
  • Frankenstain developed it by itself

23 95.83%
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Frankenstein Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is Frankenstein ?

Clan is an interesting word. Clan = Group of people related by blood or marriage
    I hadn't realized that the word blood was part of the definition.

In my head it was an area settled by a lot of related people. Cousins.
    Cause a Scottish clan and what not is related by marriage or surname.
    Sometimes loyal servants or serfs are adopted into or award a clan title.

"The Gate Keeper had a commendable aura."
    "Were you building some sort of following in particular, while we were out of contact?"

You make at interesting point by sharing you're not sure which is the more accurate translation. Clan, is such a specific word. And egscans has on occasion revised or updated chapters during the early release phase. (Not sure but they could have gone back and change the word here to clan, in order to match the later story that would emerge. The series is in it's third [or could be fourth] season. Meaning the story planning or proposed story arc they were contracted is broken up into segments. I'd have to dig around to see when it was that "clan" was next used, or ask egscans forums or someone in the know, as to the accuracy.

Sorry I didn't share this before, in The Breaker 36 thread. [Toodlydo might like this.]
    I use http://www.microsofttranslator.com/ a lot and compare it to http://translate.google.com/

P.S. Why I mentioned the translators http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...=6&weekday=tue

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

@ Host Samurai = Rated Awesome! i.e. Good Catch.
    Last edited by Otters11; July 16, 2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Forgot to add Link to Chapter #6 on Naver.com

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://egscans.com/Manga_Viewer/Noblesse_1-99/Chapter_046/09

What do you think of what Frank did to Jake there? It seems as if in one glance, Jake's movement was halted. Similar to what Rai had been done to his enemies: the power of mind control. Do you think Frank actually have this skill, or is it just his aura who made his enemies bow down to him? XD

Personally, considering all those experiments he had done (which seems like he had tried some on himself first), I think it is quite possible that he has that power, since he might be messing around with creatures with certain power. But if it's werewolves he experimented with, and said that those werewolves do not have the ability of mind control, Frank couldn't have had such power.
    Last edited by phio_chan; August 05, 2011 at 05:22 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Frank just amplified his power, and Jakes wounds got bigger! I remenber it like that, the wounds got worse and refused to heal, what was new to them...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Phio- The glance you mention is on the previous page http://egscans.com/Manga_Viewer/Nobl...Chapter_046/09

Generally in most stories the stronger character can tell that his opponent is weaker.

I think it was more of an intimidation. The intimation could have served a similar purpose to mind control, like how Regis used mind control on Shark to give himself a split second advantage. Which also (frankys version in the link abovoe) seems to had a similar effect with Jake.

----

I was thinking what is it exactly about Frankys power that prevents the union goons from healing after being hit by his attack? He briefly tells Mary that everything about her powers originated from him (his work).

In crombles match against Franky he also seemed to pull of similar attacks.
    Last edited by Charlie; August 04, 2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: additonal edits / corrections.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Frankenstein is a human that tried to make a soul weapon.

When i look at Frankenstein's powers they really all seem to be an extension of the Dark Spear. My guess is that him being virtually immortal is also related to that.

Here's my full theory on what happened.

Frankenstien in the distant past probably became obsessed with the nobles soul weapons. Weapons that are apparently created from the souls of the noble's predecessors. I think Frankenstein created an artificial version of that by basically stealing the souls of the dead and forcing them into a weapon. Working in a similar way to the philosopher's stones in Full Metal Alchemist.

By the evil nature of the dark spear my guess is that the soul(or souls) he used for it came from an evil source, suggesting to me that the souls inside it could have come from one of two places.
    • It was the soul of something super evil and powerful. Perhaps a demon or something close to it.
    • They were souls of many people that were condensing into the weapon, which created something inherently evil.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I must be sleepy for giving the wrong link. O.o Sorry, haha~ Thanks, Charlie, for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I think it was more of an intimidation. The intimation could have served a similar purpose to mind control, like how Regis used mind control on Shark to give himself a split second advantage. Which also (frankys version in the link abovoe) seems to had a similar effect with Jake.
    That could be right, although what Regis did was pure mind control, as far as I remember. His mind control is not as strong as Rai's, but strong enough to last for few seconds, miliseconds maybe, but it's enough to make a difference. What Frank was also similar (even his eyes glittered a bit! XD), so I'm just curious if it's another power he got from his experiments or like what you said, just a pure intimidation.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I was thinking what is it exactly about Frankys power that prevents the union goons from healing after being hit by his attack? He briefly tells Mary that everything about her powers originated from him (his work).

In crombles match against Franky he also seemed to pull of similar attacks.
    I think it is another 'gift' he received from his experiments. So in return he was given enormous power, but if he went out of the line he would get possessed by the power itself.

Crombel has Frank's diary, true? That's where he got so many information, I suspect; including details for his experiments.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he made a contract with Rai. While he got great power from that (probably more than most contractees since Rai is so powerful), we know he was a power hungry guy back yonder so I think he created the Dark Spear from the souls of his experiments in order to create his own Soul Weapon and boost his power accordingly.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soul Weapons General Discussion Thread

My theory about DS coincides with my theory about what Frankenstein is. I think he made a contract with Rai but was still unhappy with the amount of power he had so he wanted to create a Soul Weapon. Since a SW draws it's power from the souls of past wielders, I think that Franky created it by stealing the souls of humans, Nobles (possibly Nobles sentenced to death for punishment of a crime), or maybe even Werewolves. Anyway, that's obviously a no-no in Rai's book so that may be the reason he sealed Franky's powers.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Frankenstein Discussion Thread

I think franky had the DS before the contract with Rai. Genjetul + previous kertai clan leader vs franky and it did not go over well. I think franky need to have the DS to stand against at least 1 clan leader, not even counting two of them.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

No noble has been sentenced to eternal sleep before Gejetul(he didn't because Rai saved him).
    le
    I think some people may have noticed that nobles, of the same level of strength, have the strength to fight one or two more nobles of similar level who are trying to capture.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankenstein. Such an interesting character, a loyal servant, but also a person with so much love overflowing despite his dark past. Do you really think so too?

I remember a question I usually have when I saw him fighting. Do you think he will be able to overcome Dark Spear one day? How do you think it would happen? Will he gain peace and trust from the souls he spent to create the power, or will he finally succumb to the power and die as the series ends?

I really wish he can live a happy life. Although so far as I can see his happiness is in serving Rai, which we all know doesn't have much long to live.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post

I remember a question I usually have when I saw him fighting. Do you think he will be able to overcome Dark Spear one day? How do you think it would happen? Will he gain peace and trust from the souls he spent to create the power, or will he finally succumb to the power and die as the series ends?

(
    i think he will overcome dark spear one day because for him thing r hard but not impossible

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    i think he will overcome dark spear one day because for him thing r hard but not impossible
    I agree more or less, but I'm interested in the method. Frank is someone with a strong willpower; the stubborness he expressed so far is the proof of that, I guess. But still he seems to have trouble to get Dark Spear to do what he wants properly. If he truly knows how he got that power, he should've been able to sort it out before for perfect control of the power. I wonder if there are other factors affecting it...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he's on the wrong path right now. He's trying to subdue that power ("pure evil") through force ... and if those are human souls (doesn't matter if his past experiment objects or some random people who died when he tried to create Dark Spear), sure they will be annoyed and enraged, if someone tried to force them somewhere, where they don't want to be (or to things they don't want to do).

I often thought (who knows Fullmetal Alchemist), if he would be once able to speak with that "demon" as did Lao (I guess? that prince from Xing), when he obtained the power of Philsopher stone. At the beginning, the stone tried to devour him, but he was able to protect his own consciousness, even when stone took over his body. As the story graduated, they time from time exchanged their opinion and at the end, they even fight together through "switching": Until then, the stone was the leading one and Lao just sitted (more or less, mostly less ) silently at the background, but when it comes to fight the others, Lao's capabilities made him better suited than original stone, so they "just switched" like nothing happens.
    At the total end, Lao was even the leading one (the final battle).

But what I wanted to say, no one before Lao actually tried to communicate with the stone, people has been weak and gave up easily (so stone devoured their souls like nothing) and he was probably the first, who chose to fight and refused to give up (because of his reasons, naturally). That made that scenario possible (and also the Greed's character who has been pretty friendly compared to other stones).

So probably Franky never did an attempt to actually communicate with those souls to find a solution or what he could do to make them more comfortable (as Lao did with the stone, so he was able to find out why is stone behaving the way he does) and thus sort that out. Because I doubt that "power" is really "pure evil" for nothing, it must have some serious reason for their attitude. And because Franky is strongwilled, he should at least try that, but until he see "them" as just a raw power (that he "must" subdue before it will devour him), I guess it's impossible for him to "overcome" Dark Spear.
    Last edited by Jitt; November 10, 2012 at 06:28 PM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4