Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Soul Weapons General Discussion Thread

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Soul Weapons General Discussion Thread

Soul Weapon: A weapon that is passed on to the current clan leader by the previous clan leader. It can be summoned by a clan leader. The names comes from the fact that the previous clan leader leaves his or her soul and powers abiding within the weapon when they pass away.

The soul weapons becomes more and more powerful with each passing generation as they possess the beliefs and the will through these weapons.

Currently Known Soul Weapons (updated until chapter 199)

Quote Quote:
    Rozaria (Witchcraft) - the general powers of a witch: May it be magic, curses or creating potions.

Old Lord/Raskreia (Ragnarok) - Old Norse for "final destiny of the gods". Series of future events, including a great battle foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of important nordic gods like Odin, Thor, Týr, Freyr, Heimdall, and Loki. Further leads to the occurrence of various natural disasters, and the subsequent submersion of the world in water. Afterward, the world will resurface anew and fertile, the surviving and reborn gods will meet, and the world will be repopulated by two human survivors.

Seira (Death Scythe) - the weapon of the personified "Death".

Rajak (Kartas) - Karta: A goddess in Latvian mythology/ Karta is the senior most and oldest person in Hindu Undivided Family who takes decisions regarding social and Economical aspects of Family.

Rael (Grandia) - couldn't find anything aside the spanish meaning: Gran Dia - Great Day

Ludis (Izarok) - Most Probably from the Basque word "Izar" meaning "Star".
    *Credits to Host Samurai & naruto-niichan for the info.
    Last edited by phio_chan; August 24, 2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Updated.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soul Weapons General Discussion Thread

I noticed something concerning the Soul Weapons all soul weapons that we have seen so far, to be more precise, the majority of it are somehow related to Myths or other Legends etc. So far we got these Soul Weapons who are related to these particular Myths.
    Rozaria (Witchcraft)
    Old Lord (Ragnarok)
    Seira (Death Scythe)
    Rajak/Rael (Two Daggers/Assassins)

We need to wait for the other Clan leaders including Gejutel and Rai to reveal their Soul Weapons to see, if there are further connections to other Myths. And I didn't list Frankenstein because of his Dark Spear's nature. Out of all the Soul Weapons that we have seen, his is the only one that seems to have it's own mind. I will reserve my judgement until it has been cleared what Dark Spear actually is.

Well, what do guys think about it?

Credits:Shinsatsu

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we all know the genius that Franky is, so i think that somehow his "Dark Spear" must have been one of his creations after he saw and maybe studied one or more weapons of some Clan Leaders.
    But his weapon holds some secrets definitely

One of the things that i really love about "Noblesse" is that they managed to fully explain the importance of this weapons.
    I mean i have already read a lot of other mangas and most of them , when using something like this , they don't managed to give to the weapon a true meaning. Most of the times is nothing more than a guy using a very important weapon but we really don't understand and recognize the importance of that weapon.
    In "Noblesse" they managed to make me interested in getting to now every "Soul Weapon" that exists
    So far i loved the design of every single of them

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Creation is definitely an option. I was also looking it from another angle though:

May be DS does not belong to Franky. I mean either he obtained it from somewhere and learned or rather devised a way to wield it. My theory mainly based on how DS is trying to consume him. As it is reluctant or unhappy about being wielded by Franky.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Creation is definitely an option. I was also looking it from another angle though:

May be DS does not belong to Franky. I mean either he obtained it from somewhere and learned or rather devised a way to wield it. My theory mainly based on how DS is trying to consume him. As it is reluctant or unhappy about being wielded by Franky.
    Yeah, actually that also makes sense and therefore can be exactly what is happening.
    I still think that DS is the result of one of Franky creation's but there's always that chance, cuz as you said the DS can be reluctant or unhappy about being wielded by Franky, and that's why it is trying to consume Franky.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Yeah, actually that also makes sense and therefore can be exactly what is happening.
    I still think that DS is the result of one of Franky creation's but there's always that chance, cuz as you said the DS can be reluctant or unhappy about being wielded by Franky, and that's why it is trying to consume Franky.
    I haven't thought of that possibility before but it could work. What if DS is Frankenstein failed attempt to imitate a SW? He said it himself that humans can't imitate it to me it looked like he had experienced before.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Samurai's point was quite interesting, so I tried to look into these a bit more.

Quote Quote:
    Rozaria (Witchcraft) - the general powers of a witch: May it be magic, curses or creating potions.

Old Lord (Ragnarok) - Old Nors for "final destiny of the gods". Series of future events, including a great battle foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of important nordic gods like Odin, Thor, Týr, Freyr, Heimdall, and Loki. Further leads to the occurrence of various natural disasters, and the subsequent submersion of the world in water. Afterward, the world will resurface anew and fertile, the surviving and reborn gods will meet, and the world will be repopulated by two human survivors.

Seira (Death Scythe) - the weapon of the personified "Death".

Rajak(Kartas) - Karta: A goddess in Latvian mythology/ Karta is the senior most and oldest person in Hindu Undivided Family who takes decisions regarding social and Economical aspects of Family.

Rael (Grandia) - couldn't find anything aside the spanish meaning: Gran Dia - Great Day
    What strikes me the most is Ragnarok, as the name implicates a lot of major events. It could very well play a big role in Noblesse

added to the first post ©~Charlie
    Last edited by Charlie; June 25, 2011 at 10:39 AM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@ narutoniichan: Wow you did a good job in your research. Now we only need to wait for the other Soul Weapon's to be revealed.

But it really seems like the Soul Weapon's in general are related to Myths and Legends as I thought. So we can speculate even further and try to look for more Myths. I personally think that Rai Soul Weapon might be Excalibur, the sword that fits a King in Rai's case, the Lord.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Samu ;D

it really was difficult to find something about Ludis Soul Weapon, it could actually relate to a few different things.
    Here is what I found:

Izarok

- Izaro, a cyclecar constructed in 1922 by a spanish firm (just leave that out, I doubt it has anything do to with it XD)

- Izaro, an uninhabitated, little (actually not even a kilometer big) island in the basque region. The only human traces are going back to the 15. century when friars built a monastery there. It was destroyed in the 18. century, since then it was never inhabited again.
    I read a few descriptions were the island was called a mysterious place but I couldn't find anything else about it.

- Izarok is a basque word but I couldn't find a proper translation because there are like 30 different dialects + it's a rare and isolated language.
    The basque word "Izar" means "Star", so I suppose Izarok has a related meaning.

Moderator message by: phio_chan
    Ah, forgot to tell you that I've added this information to the first post. We can simply change it if we find a more confirmed information.
    Last edited by phio_chan; August 26, 2011 at 12:34 AM.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't found a thing that might be related to a Myth or some sort. The only things that I found are the things that you metioned above -.- So I assume that Ludis Soul Weapon might be related to something completly different. The thing with the star somehow caught my interest, what if his Soul Weapon is related to Astrology?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, pretty vague meanings there, unlike the other names. Perhaps it was hard to translate it directly from Korean to English? If all the weapons are according to myths, legends, or things like that, I have never heard of Izarok before. Thanks for the information anyway, naruto-niichan!

Astrology? ...Hmm, interesting, though I couldn't see the connection to Ludis. XD

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Hmm, pretty vague meanings there, unlike the other names. Perhaps it was hard to translate it directly from Korean to English? If all the weapons are according to myths, legends, or things like that, I have never heard of Izarok before. Thanks for the information anyway, naruto-niichan!

Astrology? ...Hmm, interesting, though I couldn't see the connection to Ludis. XD
    That could be the case or we are simply searching in the wrong direction. Astrology is something that just popped up in my mind. But there might be something that is related to Ludis not directly but to his Soul Weapon itself for instance a star that is a symbol for a guardian, which 'uses' a sword and a shield. We need more clues though because I'm running out of ideas.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it Noblesse might focus on greek or roman times. If you check the Rai's shrine, you see greek mythology statues or statues that look similar.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    I think it Noblesse might focus on greek or roman times. If you check the Rai's shrine, you see greek mythology statues or statues that look similar.
    That might be a good hint. But so far we haven't found anything from either Greek or Roman mythology.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It might have done something with Japenese and Korean ideas about "gods."

New Reply