Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 35 Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 35 Discussion / 36 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by GOOMOONRYONG View Post
    ... How badass would it be if he took part in the martial arts championship? That I would love to see and perhaps there could be a rematch of Hyuk and Shioon .
    Interesting... I wonder when the next Shinmujengpe is? (that was the tournament that GMR became 9 arts dragon.)

I'm wondering if the BFD leader is watching live footage of what happened or is it a footage showing later?
    If it is live, that means it is likely there is a link between BFD and SUC. If it is just a news report though and not live there likely would be no link between them.
    Last edited by Wowzers; June 24, 2011 at 08:32 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: The Breaker : New Waves 35 Discussion / 36 Predictions

Chapter 35 Predictions = Called It
    1. Predicted that Shiwoon & Glasses would fight in the next chapter.
    2. That Shi-woon vs Glasses would lead to a much more interesting chapter than continuing him & Chang-ho.
    3. Predicted Shiwoon would overwhelmingly lose. (Can't follow his movements.)
    Medicine too
    4. Predicted the way the medicine works. Flowing from the stomach as it is digested it temporarily ünlocks Ki.
    5. Predicted the medicine would run out. (Score! 2 Points!)
    6. Predicted the medicines side effects, very much as the doctor described them. (Triple Bonus!!!)
    Closing Coincidence
    7a. Coincidentally mention Goomoonryong. Shiwoon vs Glasses = "real drama" = Goom's philosophy in action.
    7b. Ended post focusing on Police risks. 5x squad cars, 1x Police Van, and a 1x Police Bus!! = 7 Police Vehicles!!!
    8. Based on the pill, Predicted in Ch 33, how chapter 34 would go, and then how 35 would end. See point 3 below.

Spoiler show

Perfect.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Found the medicine related prediction post.

Quote Originally Posted by Otters11 View Post
    We haven't been told. But you're on the right track. No working Ki center? = Then where does the Ki come from?
    The Ki Center is at the center of his body, and as a medicine travels out from there in his digestive and blood stream.
    Here are three simple analogies.

1. ...(i.e. While the medicine is being released, like the graphite it may be acting as a conductor for him to move Ki around in his body. As a possible twist, It may also work like a poison/drugs that leaves him weak or sick afterwords.)

2. The medicine pills Ki may be equal to Ten cans of sugary energy drink. Soon the heart starts pumping. You start smiling. You Eyes glass over, gravity gets a little wobbly, and you have a sudden urge to bounce off of, or against things like a pin-ball makes its own noise some might mistake for speach. Ending in A. your Heart Explodes and you die. Or B. you have the sickest need, never to taste candy-in-a-can, drink only water, and lay in bed for as long as possible, as you sweat out the most putrid sweat and vomit if you dare try most food in the fridge.

3. He kicks ass. The pill wears off. A gag is involved in what he learns about the pills effects and some one's timing.

Ahjussi Medicine Man, Said take this pill and you will be able to fight (singluar). Not take this pill and you will be able to use Ki from now on. What, Shiwoon feels in his own words is the flow of Ki he had forgotten. Ahjussi, mentioned that his ki center is broken and that there is no simple fix for, broken=broken.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Otters11; June 26, 2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Discussion in Spoiler at bottom. Both quotes linked to source.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that the guy who asked Goomoonryong to kick murim s ass was shown in the second last page
    goomoonryong wanted to know whether shiwoon was able to perform martialarts or not
    if he could then fine if not then i suppose he didnt say anything and the SUC thought of finishing shiwoon off
    any way shiwoon will get back at this for sure
    he is the guy who gave the whole murim a run for him all alone and only learning the foot tech s the night before

only thing that i want NW to do which Breaker didnt do is shiwoon to fight his own fight against strong guys on his own, not winning by the virute of some handicapped rule and without taking help from higher powerups

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that the manwha writer is still sublty hidding the DOC's name suggest that the guy has some type of fame besides being a famous doc.

I'm sure he knows martial arts too.

wouldnt it be funny if he fought GMR once and they tied(kinda like the ONLY guy GMR could never beat)...would totally boost his hype

Shiion needs training, hopefully he'll get it from this guy someway.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member revennge's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

@bighawke5 We do know the Doctors name... It's stated in chapter 17 page 13. that the docs name is "genius doctor Bae Seung-Jae.

Artist has new character design in his blog. Dunno if it's related to breaker but taken a glance at it. I'd say it's awesome.
    "In peace Vigilance. In war Victory. In death Sacrifice."

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

che.. it looks like the effect of the pill doesn't last too long it's such a pity 'cause shioon was doing very good and that SUC dude pissed me off so bad .... if only he knew that shioon was facing him without ki , i think he should be grateful for that 'cause he would be the one thrown off that building
    and now WTF ???? i can't believe that GMR actually knows all what's happening and doesn't give a damn from what i remember he was a good guy , well he had his demons but he didn't involve the innocents in all this mess that's the world of murim ......*sigh..* i'm actually pretty disappointed i still hope we will get a much clear view on this aspect in the following chapters
    Last edited by matzik1212; June 25, 2011 at 02:27 PM.

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart655 View Post
    So, Shioon will be able to recover his Ki center afterall. But it's definitely gonna be a life threatining way and i dont even wanna know about he payment he has to make this time.

Off topic. The author talks about the work being popular in Italy. So, do they also have an Italian release before English? If this is the case, they shouldn't talk about people making scanlations. Afterall, I'd even go to Paris to get an autograph if i had a copy of their work.
    Just reading you say that... must-resist-opening-tab to stand in line, waiting in Paris!

No English releases yet. I've written Dark Horse comics (USA) twice now, asking them to pick up the series. Dark Horse has even added an online comic viewer. They did an awesome job, it will take you through comics titles page-by-page or "frame-by-frame, to the extreme".

What I'm really curious about is what the doctor intends to do with Shiwoon's blood? The only person so far in the story to benefit from it was Lady Sosul of the Sunwoo. But I recall there being more Medicine pills left over besides the one Shiwoon took. So I thought they would just give her one of those.

Ch 33 1. Who else in this series might benefit from Shiwoons blood?
    Ch 35 2. Why didn't the forehead nerve strike work? It worked for JiGun. So why does the doc say otherwise?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Presumably the meridian strike didn't work because it was so full of ki (the ki pathway, I mean).

Didn't like this chapter. The author has really been fucking around with Shiwoon's character lately, and the things he's been doing are rarely like how Part 1's Shiwoon would act.

What I want to know is why the strike did nothing to the SUC guy. Isn't it the same strike that he used on Gyu-Bum? It was drawn identically. That one at least impaired him slightly... here the guy didn't even notice. Such a rip-off.

And how the fuck did the Doctor find him? Did he stick a tracer up Shiwoon's ass when he wasn't looking? God damn Urahara, he's probably playing both sides.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member revennge's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

@tehwes Shioon was already out of time because pills effect faded and Shioon could not fight with Ki anymore. So he fought him without any and thats why Glasses guy could win so easy.

As for how the Mr.Doctor found him... Probably was watching him secretly or some other reason. The good thing about this chapter is that Shioon finally decided to get his Ki-center back for good and not use some bothersome pills.
    "In peace Vigilance. In war Victory. In death Sacrifice."

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

A sick chapter in terms of plot development, almost 9-10 months of waiting to see 9AD again. Doesn't he looked too comfortable and handsome . This chapter may have answered few of our questions and at the same time posed many others. It is clear that GMR has association with S.U.C but I am still not too convinced that he would suck down to the level where he'd be teaching someone like Chang-Ho.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm very curious to see what GMR has to say about those images , i still hope he won't agree with those S.U.C. bastards .... if he really doesn't give a damn then the only possibility i see is 'cause of what happened with shiho , that must have made changed him and shioon will be the one who will save him again like the other time when he went crazy 'cause of the usage of black heaven&earth technique

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dass Jennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is interested A-team release their version http://www.ipitydafoo.com/?p=1073

Amazing chapter!!!

The sight of the SUC guys wreaking havoc was more than enough for Shioon finally decide to find a way to recover his ki center...too bad we will have to wait some weeks to know the doctor's answer.

And it appears the SUC is just a front for the Black Forest Defense... Anyway, it was nice to finally see Goomoonryong again
    Shingeki no Kyojin

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: The Breaker : New Waves 35 Discussion / 36 Predictions

Spoiler show

Still puzzled, but thankful A-Team's translation is out! Unfortunately it still doesn't match the story we've seen so far. Quoting the translation.
    Quote Quote:
    NW35_016.png Second row, panel on the right says, ”With your condition, several places of your body generate Ki independently of each other, So this has the Advantage of negating an acu-point attack.”
    sAY wHAT? Pull the other one? a little history... NW chapter13, pg16 = Clearly he was not immune then?

I'm still mulling this over. Chapter 22, pg 5 may help others mull the question too. My best guess is that his body adapted to the attack, like a man who's learned to control part of his body even while being hit with a taser. Either way, somewhere between Chapter 13 and Chapter 35 the story changed... Before the above translation appeared, I posted something very much like what the Doctor said about Shiwoon divided Ki distribution, hope the following analogy helps explain it in deeper detail....edited the quote below.

Quote Quote:
    One of the things I may have picked up on in New Waves (ch16-ch17) is that Shiwoons body is so filled with Ki medicine** (Sun'Moon Divine Dan), that without having a working Ki center to gather or move Ki about his body; he is still able to boost his cellular vitality/strength and recovery speed. Think of every cell in his body as having been turned into a seed that can grow and store energy. And strengthening those cells is like growth rings in a tree. Each time he is able to cycle and exhaust those cells, he starts a new growth cycle. 

By going through increasing-ly intense experiences to exhaust or exert himself, Shiwoon could get to the point where he is like Ichigo was in the Bleach manga. i.e. Leaking Ki energy continuously because his bodies production rate exceeds its use. He still seems far from that point. But he is recovering at a faster and faster pace each and every time. From the moment he started working out with Elder Jeon there is a lot of unspoken proof to be found, all showing his increasing quickness to recover as well as increases to stamina.
    **Note: Shiwoon's every cell is infused with Ki Medicine, Not Ki Energy! There is a difference.
    Last edited by Otters11; June 27, 2011 at 02:46 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@revennge Shiwoon had already decided to get his ki center fixed. That's what he asked the Doctor for in the first place.

@Otters11 That actually does make more sense if it was an after-image, but it's drawn in a misleading way because the guy is already moving towards Shiwoon and even mentions that in text; it's easy to assume the lines were simply from his initial movement (the one Shiwoon is using to counterattack). We don't even see Shiwoon's punch pass through the guy, which they've done every other time an after-image occurred.

Shiwoon's body is normally infused with ki medicine, and taking that pill activates the ki medicine in his entire body, which produces ki energy until the ki medicine "battery" runs dry. According to the Doctor, Shiwoon is immune to the meridian strike purely because ki flow is not blocked. Of course he still didn't really explain how Shiwoon was able to use ki techniques with the pill, since you still need the ki center to control the flow and all that. In my mind, taking this pill without a functioning ki center would be impossible to control. You would just use full power in every movement you made, since everything would be infused with ki.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Otters11 View Post
    Still puzzled, but thankful A-Team's translation is out! Unfortunately it still doesn't match the story we've seen so far. Quoting the translation. sAY wHAT? Pull the other one? a little history... NW chapter13, pg16 = Clearly he was not immune then?

**Note: Shiwoon's every cell is infused with Ki Medicine, Not Ki Energy! There is a difference.
    The only difference between then and now is the pill's effects.
    While under the pill i think thats where this ”With your condition, several places of your body generate Ki independently of each other, So this has the Advantage of negating an acu-point attack.” applies.

meaning he doesnt actually have free flowing ki with the pill he took, more like the pill allows several places of his body to generate ki. The effects of the pill were still slowly going away(but not totally) when he was poked in the pressure point on the forehead, hence why the localized ki at that spot helped protect him.
    Last edited by bighawke5; June 28, 2011 at 08:11 AM.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast