Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Like or Love About Noblesse?

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse What Do You Like or Love About Noblesse?

The thread title is self-explanatory...lets hear your views / opinions

Honestly speaking, I can't find any aspect of the series to criticize. I love the character and the plot. The most striking aspect of the series is how Vampires are shown totally different from what we are used to see. They are beings with powers and such they have compassion for less powerful species like humans, at least most of them.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; June 17, 2011 at 02:26 AM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you like or love about Noblesse?

The plot is developing not as fast as in the other stuff i read , we barely get any development and info about each character , but Noblesse for me doesn't make that a bad thing
    The story and the characters are awesome
    I like almost all the characters, but Rai and Franky are in an other level. They are mysterious characters and very well done

Noblesse is actually one of the stuff i read that i most look forward

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse is your perfect superpower fighting manga. I've read a lot of similar titles but I never came to love any of them as much as I love Noblesse.
    - The Characters are unique and none of them resembles the other.
    - Even if some of the character have similar powers, their fighting style is completely different which makes the fights more unpredictable.
    - The art is amazing... Noblesse is so superior to the other web-comics I saw out there.
    - If you read Noblesse while listening to some fitting soundtracks, it becomes much more interesting than a lot of anime series.
    - The story is solid, entertaining and funny at the same time.

Basically, Noblesse is one of the absolutely-must-read titles.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@jorped: I couldn't agree more.

What I also like about Noblesse is that the powerlevels are consistent the author managed to handle it very good. In other mangas Rael would be stomped or utterly defeated by Tao, Takeo and M-21 due to them having a ridiculous power up out of nowhere.

Credits:Shinsatsu

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

What I like about Noblesse the most is that it's mysteriously interesting !!!

You can only understand it, if you read quite a few chapters becouse the development has it's own slow but perfected rhythm. Nonetheless, as it is, you will never get bored, becouse the author makes up with great story and amaizing art. The art by itself is sometning you can never stop to admire. It has a lot of characters and all drawn in a way that you love them "instantly"(good guys) or you start hating them "soon after intruduction" (bad guys). But still you can never tell who is good and who bad at first sight. You will always have to read the story to know more about them.

It's really great manhwa, the only downfall there could be, is that after reading more than one hundred chapters you would automaticly become addicted to it (as much to the story as to the art of this manhwa)...

So yeah so far, all in all no complains from me.

The fights are shown fantasticly with unpredictalble powers yet really beautiful in color pages, characters have unique but wonderfully illustrated personalitys, not to mention the art wich is fabilous.

As for this work, I must say that it has really a lot of potential for the future events yet to come...

To sum it all, Noblesse is simply the best.
    Last edited by Monsterguy; June 21, 2011 at 01:20 AM.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say what I like about Noblesse is Rai's personality. Its wonderfully done and well thought out.

I love how keeps his elegance while trying not to appear "dumbfounded" with twenty fist technologies.

I hope the series goes back to that when everything settles down in the current situation / arc.

The concept of not being able to open doors, play computer games, making coffee; among a few are all things that draw you into his character and the series overall.

12. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Am i seeing a Raitard ?

Rai = ©~Charlie

I understand what you are saying Charlie this arc is very interesting, but i would also like that the next arc might be something more "human" once again.
    I look forward to see Rai once again with his problems with such normal stuff, for us humans.
    Seeing him not being able of opening doors ....... was indeed something quite interesting and funny of seeing.
    But i also hope that a arc like this might give a chance to other characters that might have been forgotten like Shioon to have more screen time
    I never look that much for the relationships in the most mangas/manhwas , but Noblesse is so well written that i would like to see Shioon and Seira together
    Last edited by Charlie; June 19, 2011 at 04:13 PM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention Humour. The humour in Noblesse is befitting to the theme. Its intelligent, sober and yet it made me laugh so hard. Rai's struggle to adept to the new technology and how Franky kept commending his master has always been my favorite parts. You don't see artist / author presenting those funny faces/poses, as usually is a trend.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yellowblue's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the art and the story of Noblesse. Colored webtoon (internet ready) format is just perfect to people who don't have the chance to buy weekly Manhwa / Manga. It is also a little bit longer (even if it is mostly artwork and empty white spaces) than your typical weekly manga. Like Id the power levels are controlled even if the protagonist has the ultimate power in his disposal at the very start of the story.

What's not to love, it is a story about vampires The sad part is, probably it won't have an anime ...

18. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

• Art
      It's just outstanding. It's not often you see a color manga or manhwa and in the rare cases when you do the quality of the coloring generally isn't all that great. Certainly not artistically impressive, like it is in Noblesse. The use of lighting and shadows by whoever does the color work for Noblesse is just amazing(especially when around the faces and eyes of characters). Easily the best i've seen.

I read a good bit of western comics(which are all color) and even the best of them doesn't have nearly that kind of skill.
    • Characters
      From the egocentric and eccentric Frankenstien to Raziel's with his aura of pride, that somehow manages to avoid even a hint of arrogance, Noblesse is just packed with characters that fascinate me.

-----------------------------

To be honest what grabbed me about Noblesse was never really the story. It was the way the story was told.

The characters in Noblesse are not afraid to have fun and "let their hair down". Which improves the dramatic moments so much because you feel like know who the characters you are watching are in a personal sense. Seeing somebody all powerful like Raizel sink into a deep depressed because he sucks at videogames and struggle with a coffee machine is all part of that. It's such a rare way to handle characters and Noblesse does it so excellently.

So, even though Noblesse's plot hasn't struck me as anything all that special(at least not yet..), i feel the series itself is quite exceptional.(if that makes sense to anybody...)
    Last edited by Jammin; May 22, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...the first thing that comes to my mind is definitely the humor, or should I say the comical cliffhangers at the end of each 'normal' chapter...which is in the absence of a long fight...I was actually looking forward more to those cliffhangers then the chapters...

I think the plot is just starting to reveal itself to the fullest, and this last arc is pretty intriguing, so I'm starting to like that as well...
    What I really like though is the classical comrade gathering process being handles in such a unique way...I mean the main character doesn't really want to do that, yet he manages to get followers...of course there is a deeper meaning to all that, but in the end it is comrade gathering like in every manga...and of course every manga does it in a unique way, Noblesse is far the best from this POV

22. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the dynamic of Noblesse. The authors integrated many aspects of comedy, romance, action, and such very well, should I say. Surprises come at unexpected moment -- mostly surprises which make you simply laugh and fall of your chair -- and that's a good thing. Even between serious or nervous moments, even in slightest bit, there's a comedy in it. I can't help to shake my head over this stupidity, but that's exactly why it is awesome. I really can't explain it well; you can just feel that it's awesome. XD

Along with the dynamic, the development of the characters are also beautiful. The way the authors design each characters' personality, how they insert important life quotes between mostly funny or tense moments; the organization is just awesome. They make Rai a perfect noble, perfect among perfect; and they put such perfection between those kind of people, who are simply crazy and full of spirit... That's just too interesting.

This is personal, but I tend to love series with vampires in it. It rarely disappoints me; including this manhwa which displays a different side of the dangerous vampire we usually know.

24. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think everybody would agree what we love the most about noblesse is the mystery revolving around the main characters .... rai and frankenstein ... They are absolutely suped up .... They have an attitude .... They have compassion .... They have mystery .... They have every thing one wants in a super hero .... a true noble suped up hero ....

Absolutely love this manhwa ... The also noticeable thing is that this series is developing the plot way too fast ... and the characters get their turn in the spot light for a short period and that too while their spotlight complimenting the main heroes .... it's like a quick short very interesting roller coaster ride ... which I just don't want to get off and lose interest in ...

Just awesome !

26. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well I can just agree with you guys and everything you mentioned. That's why I won't start to praise the wonderful art, the exceptional characters or the well thought-out story but instead give a big compliment to the authors Son Jae-Ho and Lee Gwang-Su

I got the feeling that they're giving it their all to bring us these great chapters every week + that they really appreciate the love they get from the readers. Back then when Season 2 was finished they planned a 1 month break but because of the positive feedback they reduced it to just one week. That's what I call kind/likeable authors! Most formidable move by a mangaka I have seen in ages.

On a sidenote it's really great to hear that their manwha will finally get printed, hope there will be lots and lots of South Koreans who buy it I may even try to get one myself if possible.

28. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Well what I like about Noblesse:
    1. The art. To me it feels like I am watchin anime.And thats what picked up my interest at first.
    2.All the characters are simplu unique and awesome.
    3.THe plot. You know for example when u read naruto or bleach or even Op you can basically predict whats gonna happen but not with noblesse.
    4.Its weekly

Offtopic: I have started reading it not because of Charlie.

30. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast