Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kimimaro

    98 83.05%
  • Zabuza

    20 16.95%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49

Thread: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    You are aware according to the Databook Kimimaro is actually smarter then Zabuza? And why do you think he sucks at analyzing? Naruto spamed him with Kage Bunshins, Lee simply assaulted him with Taijutsu... there wasn't much to analyze.

    Once he started fighting against Gaara he started to try him out with ranged attacks and analyzed his abilities quite well... until Gaara started to throw whole Tsunamis of Sand at him.

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-220-9/...apter-215.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-220-12...apter-215.html

    I realy don't see how Zabuza with all his "Analyzing" would fare any better against that.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    i go with kimimaro because of his bloolimit he should be able to take any attack from zabuza plus he has the curse seal

  4. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    You are aware according to the Databook Kimimaro is actually smarter then Zabuza? And why do you think he sucks at analyzing? Naruto spamed him with Kage Bunshins, Lee simply assaulted him with Taijutsu... there wasn't much to analyze.

    Once he started fighting against Gaara he started to try him out with ranged attacks and analyzed his abilities quite well... until Gaara started to throw whole Tsunamis of Sand at him.

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-220-9/...apter-215.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-220-12...apter-215.html

    I realy don't see how Zabuza with all his "Analyzing" would fare any better against that.
    According to the data book in death note L was more stupid than Near AND Light. When the first of the said smarter confessed to be much more stupid than L and Light had the advantage of understanding the rules of the magic item he used. Data books say shit.

    Being manipulated by a man who thinks nothing of you and not realizing its a sign of stupidity and each of the 'analysis' Kimimaro did were flawed. You just probed he is able to think in a stupid manner. I prefer someone who bring results, there hasn't been a technique that can block the sharingan as effective as Zabuza's.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; June 18, 2011 at 01:56 AM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

  5. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    Being naive isn't the same as being stupid...

    Quote Quote:
    I prefer someone who bring results
    Riiiiiiiiiight... then I'am curious about what results Zabuza would have been able to accomplish if he where in Kimimaro's situation. If there are tsunamis of sand going to crush you there realy isn't much left to analyze... you can only try to run.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Being naive isn't the same as being stupid...



    Riiiiiiiiiight... then I'am curious about what results Zabuza would have been able to accomplish if he where in Kimimaro's situation. If there are tsunamis of sand going to crush you there realy isn't much left to analyze... you can only try to run.
    You do not engage in hypotheticals to probe a point. You don't. It's but a poor attempt to avoid a point. "What would Kimimaro do if he were against a sharingan user instead?" is as much as a valid response to your question as actually engaging in the situation; there's nothing that can be said besides a subjective, ungrounded opinion.

    The fact is Zabusa was effective and nullified the most threatening aspect of his opponent, forcing him to use another trick to be defeated (the dog summoning). The other analysed wrongly, underestimated his opponent and, in a personal aspect, was manipulated to the very end of his existence. That's like saying Roderigo was a smart character in Othello. No, Kimimaro was an idiot and that was his most visible phase as a character.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; June 18, 2011 at 02:27 AM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    Kimimaro against a Sharingan user like Kakashi at the begining of part one? He would put up at least just as much of a fight as Zabuza did.

    Oh and btw. you seem to forget how "effective" Zabuza was at analyzing the Sharingan:

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-20-12/...hapter-15.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-20-16/...hapter-15.html

    Seriously... saying Zabuza is some kind of genius of opponent analyzing because he used that Mist against Kakashi's Sharingan is complete bullshit. The silent killing stuff is what he was famous for in the first place... its his character defining fighting style and he would have used it against any strong opponent, not just Kakashi.

    Face it... him being proficient in silent killing was just as convenient for Zabuza as was Kimimaro's indestructible skeleton against Gaara.

    And again... being naive isn't the same as being stupid... this kid grew up all alone in a cage without any social contacts. His whole clan treated him like some kind of "thing" until finally he met Orochimaru. For the first time in his life which resembled a long nightmare he was treated kindly by one of the most charismatic and manipulative characters in the whole maga. So yeah... great job blaming him for that.

    You are just bashing and insulting Kimimaro because he's going to throw your favorite character out of the tournament without any contest. But thats not Kimimaro's fault... instead you should blame the people who thought he belongs in the lower tier.
    Last edited by LnDRash; June 18, 2011 at 02:51 AM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    First take your tone down a notch, you are simply bashing at me, which removes all kind of interest on my part to discus this with you... why? cause you remove the fun out of it.

    Second acusing me of bashing the character for Zabusa is an ad hominem. I voted for Kimimaro, I said he would win; also this tournament is just for fun it has no respect from me nor is of any use for future arguments nor is it of any importance so I don't care for it at all.
    Quote Quote:
    Seriously... saying Zabuza is some kind of genius of opponent analyzing because he used that Mist against Kakashi's Sharingan is complete bullshit. The silent killing stuff is what he was famous for in the first place... its his character defining fighting style and he would have used it against any strong opponent, not just Kakashi.
    Do not over state my arguments I didn't said Zabuza was a genius just said he is smart, which would be genius level intellect when compared to Kimimaro.


    Quote Quote:
    Face it... him being proficient in silent killing was just as convenient for Zabuza as was Kimimaro's indestructible skeleton against Gaara.
    Yes, Kimimaro and Zabuza were put against interesting opponents that made their skills interesting, that's how shounen work, the difference is that Zabuza pulled something ingenious out of it while Kimi just spammed his skill.

    Quote Quote:
    And again... being naive isn't the same as being stupid... this kid grew up all alone in a cage without any social contacts. His whole clan treated him like some kind of "thing" until finally he met Orochimaru. For the first time in his life which resembled a long nightmare he was treated kindly by one of the most charismatic and manipulative characters in the whole maga. So yeah... great job blaming him for that.
    Being Naive?!, You are saying Kimi is naive?... mistaking a man for a god is delusional, it surpasses naive and goes beyond it, way ,way , way beyond it and yes I can blame him for anything his freaking character does, he isn't an actor, regardless if it's stereotypical or not because the character itself is made out of a stereotype (one of a character being enormously stupid... stupid enough to mistake a man for a god).
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; June 18, 2011 at 03:50 AM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    So calling characters idiots isn't bashing and its your definition of fun? And then you even complain because I use similiar words like "bullshit"? Makes sense...

    lol Kimi just spamed his skill... yeah right... and what did Zabuza do? Two times he fought Kakashi and two times he used his mist...

    Kimimaro used his fighting style which is build around his kekkei genkai, he used many different attacks and dances, all of which he developed himself. Its exactly the same like Zabuza's whole fighting style is revolving around his mist... there is simply no difference.

    Quote Quote:
    Being Naive?!, You are saying Kimi is naive... mistaking a man for a god is delusional, it surpasses naive and goes beyond it, way ,way , way beyond it and yes I can blame him for anything his freaking character does, regarthless if it's stereotypical because the character itself is made out of a stereotype (one of a character being enormously stupid... stupid enough to mistake a man for a god).
    First of all please show me the panels where Kimimaro called Orochimaru "Kami-Sama"... I must have completely missed those. He even questioned some things Oro said, like for example that there is no meaning in life. Thats nothing he would do if Orochimaru was god for him, because in that case his word would be absolute.

    And secondly: Kimimaro was 15 years of age when he died. Orochimaru found him approximately when he was at the same age as Naruto in part 1, which means this guy spent a whooping two or three years of his chieldhood with Oro. Before that he was held in a cage like an animal, without any contact to other people... and suddenly Orochimaru comes into his live and for the very first time a person treats him well.

    It is not "stupid" but only natural that such a person would become very precious to someone who suffered the same fate as Kimimaro... ffs the poor kid never knew anything else... he had no experience at all with other humans. Its simply beyond me how you can even expect that kid to see through a skilled manipulator like Orochimaru.

    Nothing he did makes him stupid. imho it would be more appropriate to call a grown up man stupid who tries a Coup d'État in his village all by himself and then is forced to live as a missing-nin because he failed... but even that is more then questionable considering the whole situation the village was in and the circumstances under which Zabuza had to grow up.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  14. #24
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    England
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    Wow these debates can get alittle heated huh?Anyways,An interesting match up here mods...well done.
    Nearly as perplexing as the darui vs yamato match.Now onto this one...i'm going with kimmimaru here.For
    the sole reason that if push comes to shove he can chance the entire landscape of the area..hence creating
    more of advantage that most...this cannot be banned in my view MODS?

    I read that zabusa silent killing technique, maybe a trump card here,coupled with his mist technique? obviously.You guys imo should not approach this as, these ninja are not top notch.And so are sleeping
    on the battlefield.It would not matter if they did not know the extent of each other range of abilities
    in this case, imo.If you enter a place where's there's no water.And it suddenly turns ''misty'' Common sense would make you put up your guard.Furthermore it's a ''tournment''your there to fight and most likely to the death.lol.

    I think Zabuza will lose this one...he has no sidekick to evaluate his opponet this time.And i doubt he's
    as durable as kimmimaru.If i read a better argument that those put forth to this point.Then i may change my opinion...that's a pretty big ''if'' though lmao.Peace.
    Last edited by kakashidad; June 19, 2011 at 12:36 PM.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #25
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,709
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    Well even his silent killing won't do him much good here...I mean, he can't really hurt Kimimaro, so silent killing or not, it still requires damage to be done...and because of this I think darui vs yamato was a better matchup...that was some close deal man

  17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #26
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member biggchiefmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    Firstly Kimimaro WINS w/o question, secondly why make arguments for how much better Zabuza is than Kimimaro then turn around and vote against him. And thirdly Zabuza was no smarter than Kimimaro, being manipulated isnt a sign of stupidity, if it is than we've got a lot of characters to call stupid, let's start with every member of Akatsuki except Itachi, Sasuke, every member of Root, everyone in the mist village during Madara's reign from behind the scenes, hell all orochimaru's underlings, Haku, Anko, all of Taka, Zabuza himself was manipulated by Kakashi's sharingan, the 1st and 2nd hokages, and the list goes on.
    Last edited by benelori; June 18, 2011 at 10:57 AM.

  19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    California
    Country
    Lebanon
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    Kimimaru wins but I dont think as easy as everyone thinks. Zabuza wont go down easily like on the Naruto bridge. And who knows, with his sword he may inflict some damage on Kimi. But still Kimi takes this

  21. #28
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soul Society
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    Kimi takes this, and sadly - probably with less effort than when he was fighting Naruto, then Lee, then Gaara xd And lately we saw that his bones are enough to handle Samurais chakra-infused swords, so I don't think Kubikiri would do much more.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

  22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  23. #29
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    it's not just Kimimaro owned kyubi-naruto,1 gate-lee,and gaara;he used to defeat jugo when he got crazy,without hurt him,as if he were a baby to be stopped. with zabuza Kimimaro wipe the floor(as raizen always says XD)

  24. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,950
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kimimaro vs Zabuza

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenheadedmirror View Post
    According to the data book in death note L was more stupid than Near AND Light. When the first of the said smarter confessed to be much more stupid than L and Light had the advantage of understanding the rules of the magic item he used. Data books say shit.

    Being manipulated by a man who thinks nothing of you and not realizing its a sign of stupidity and each of the 'analysis' Kimimaro did were flawed. You just probed he is able to think in a stupid manner. I prefer someone who bring results, there hasn't been a technique that can block the sharingan as effective as Zabuza's.
    LOL so going by that logic Sasuke and Nagato are complete idiots as they where/are played by Madara like puppets.

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Kimimaro against a Sharingan user like Kakashi at the begining of part one? He would put up at least just as much of a fight as Zabuza did.

    Oh and btw. you seem to forget how "effective" Zabuza was at analyzing the Sharingan:

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-20-12/...hapter-15.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-20-16/...hapter-15.html

    Seriously... saying Zabuza is some kind of genius of opponent analyzing because he used that Mist against Kakashi's Sharingan is complete bullshit. The silent killing stuff is what he was famous for in the first place... its his character defining fighting style and he would have used it against any strong opponent, not just Kakashi.

    Face it... him being proficient in silent killing was just as convenient for Zabuza as was Kimimaro's indestructible skeleton against Gaara.

    And again... being naive isn't the same as being stupid... this kid grew up all alone in a cage without any social contacts. His whole clan treated him like some kind of "thing" until finally he met Orochimaru. For the first time in his life which resembled a long nightmare he was treated kindly by one of the most charismatic and manipulative characters in the whole maga. So yeah... great job blaming him for that.

    You are just bashing and insulting Kimimaro because he's going to throw your favorite character out of the tournament without any contest. But thats not Kimimaro's fault... instead you should blame the people who thought he belongs in the lower tier.
    He was not the one to get the idea to use the mist ... That was Haku..
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-31-8/n...hapter-26.html

    Yes he used Haku to find a way to get around the sharigan or at the very least he had to work with Haku to find out how. :P I am sure he is a genius for this :P

    _____________

    Kimimaro should defenetly win this. I don't know how Zabuza can even hurt him... Killing him is out of the question.

  25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts