Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto

107 78.10%
  • Hiruzen

30 21.90%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Naruto vs Hiruzen

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto vs Hiruzen

Quote Originally Posted by The Exalted View Post
    This is fanboyism at it's purist level...

There's no way that Hiruzen would lose this one. Knowledge and untold amounts of battle experience alone would OWN Naruto. While Minato was off fighting Madara, Hiruzen was holding off a tailed beast. While figting the Kyuubi Hiruzen said, "not again...," while he was out of breath. That means that he deflected/handled a freakin tailed beast ball by himself. He knew more about jutsu and techniques than anyone introduced in the series so far. Hiruzen was a genius, he was taught by geniuses, all of his students were freakin geniuses. While standing a good amount of space away he read and later used Minato's Dead demon seal, by just looking at it. Hiruzen took on and defeated THREE KAGE level opponents at the same time with limited space, tools, and an emotional attachment to ALL of the combatants.

But you know what, all of that means nothing. Sure the man known as the "God of Shinobi" by the ENTIRE shinobi world, not just by his home villiage, would have a problem with an unexperienced kid...

Sure.
    And that is pure hyping...this is all true, but all this would count if Naruto would've had only base mode...U say Hiruzen was holding back Kyuubi on his own...that's not true...he was not alone...

Please tell me what can Sarutobi do against Sage Mode or Kyuubi mode...he must have something...too bad that sometimes the power gap is too big, despite the difference in battle experience and jutsu arsenal...like Sasuke vs Danzou
    Last edited by benelori; June 20, 2011 at 12:14 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to answer this with a singular statement.

Onoki has a bloodline expansion an ability so rare and powerful that it takes someone with the same bloodline expansion to counter it. Onoki can fly, turn people to stone with a touch and disintergrate people and entire islands with a single jutsu. A is the fastest shinobi currently in existence, he was able to dodge ameratsu and he's able to fight on par with a host in full control of his tailed beast. Those are just two of the Kage that ruled at the same time as Hiruzen.

Despite all of their abilities and talents, speed and power, Hiruzen even as an old shell of his former self was considered stronger than them.

He's the main character and yeah we all love him, but I think Naruto is getting far too much credit in this match up. Hiruzen was a veteran of Three Ninja world wars.

...I dunno, it seems pretty obvious to me.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to note that sarutobi at his old age was considered the strongest kage among all the villages: that includes oonoki, raikage, mizukage, etc

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd also like to point out that that's just heresay until such a point that Sarutobi shows skill and strength that matches the hype.

Hanzou was unbeatable until Pein came along, and then we saw him actually fight and he was hardly impressive. I won't rely on hype to give someone the benefit of the doubt. Only shown feats.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think sarutobi was considered the strongest of the kages in his old age, I think that applied to his younger self. based on what we saw, I really cannot imagine sarutobi actually winning against oonoki or the raikage honestly. heck, I would find that a little hard to believe against any of the kages for the most part as evidently sarutobi was way to far from his prime. Is there any department in which the sarutobi could possibly compete against a? I would find it absurd for old sarutobi to be anywhere near the raikage in terms of speed for one thing. Even if sarutobi does land a hit, how much would that accomplish? Raikage's lightning armor was more than capable of reflecting sasuke kusanagi sword, I honestly doubt we saw anything from sarutobi which would pack enough of a punch. I can't even see sarutobi winning against oonoki here. Oonoki is the older one probably but in turn age has clearly have a greater effect on onooki than on sarutobi. Oonoki has maintained his attack power because his KG has that much attack power and his mobility has been maintained by his flying technique. in turn sarutobi just has a normal shinobi's body and his speed and stamina have decreased much from his younger days as the manga repeatedly stated. I honestly don't believe sarutobi would have been able to take orochimaru alone without the death god seal.

If this was young sarutobi we were talking about then things would be dramatically different but that is not the case at all. Sarutobi has shown nothing in his old age which suggests he would win against the other kages or even against HM or jinchuiriki naruto. don't get me wrong, sarutobi did show some pretty high level ninjutsu but nothing which would be uncommon in a fight involving kages or extremely high leveled ninja.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Sarutobi in his prime could beat Naruto, but old Sarutobi doesn't stand much of chance.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    I just want to note that sarutobi at his old age was considered the strongest kage among all the villages: that includes oonoki, raikage, mizukage, etc
    I think Kishimoto hadn't thought about the other kages yet -.- . and I doubt at that time Kabuto knew about A's strength and speed. anyway I repeat,it was kishi's mistake.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    I think Sarutobi in his prime could beat Naruto, but old Sarutobi doesn't stand much of chance.
    I think Hiruzen's best was after Minato's death,because he was able to use the dead demon seal. at his best he might have damaged naruto,but not defeated,contrariwise in this fight he takes a lot of punches .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Shinomori Aoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

You keep saying this over and over again, Hiruzen did not learn the dead demon seal from Minato, he already knew the seals, get it over with.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomori Aoshi View Post
    You keep saying this over and over again, Hiruzen did not learn the dead demon seal from Minato, he already knew the seals, get it over with.
    That just proves that Sarutobi knew them before the kyuubi sealing. For all we know Minato showed up 1h before the events happened and told Sarutobi how to do it. As of now the origins of the jutsu is a mystery and who learned it from who is another unknown. Kushina for one would be a good example of a person who could have been teaching Minato and Sarutobi as she also knew the jutsu and her country was famous for seals.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomori Aoshi View Post
    oh I'm sorry,you are right,then Sarutobi's best was when he learnt it not after minato's death but at least before kyubi's attack.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mack's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Sarutobi, but eventhough you are strong and smart as hell, you simply do not have a technique, that could even hurt Naruto. And you will not use dead demon seal, so it is stated, you lose...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that my dogg Naruto has aquired the ''body flicker technique'' it's his win and his tournment.Vote has been casted.

If you've not seen the goodies..that is issue 544?If not go to mangareader to get your Naruto fix...lol.If you troll
    Naruto and a big sasuke fan,don't bother.You'll only start hating pmsl.

Naruto now has the body flicker technique and it's offical.Raikage Tsunade and Bee have all confirmed it, lmfao now.
    He's gonna walk the bloody tournment now.And i can't wait to see some of the bogus arguments that will ensue.
    Naruto vs Minato pmsl.That's all..abit child like i know.Still i told you so!
    Last edited by kakashidad; June 22, 2011 at 11:04 AM.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The saviour of the world stomps the hero of the old generation and advances to the next round where he will face and even older legend.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3