Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hashirama

83 63.36%
  • Orochimaru

48 36.64%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hashirama vs Orochimaru

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hashirama vs Orochimaru

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    hashirama could control the kyuubi to attack orochimaru that's why i said about hashirama beeing able to control the kyuubi and you think hashirama will be easy to take down just because oro has a poison to against mokuton.explain me hot the sannin should know hot to counter every technique of hashirama?..
    Every technique...he uses Mokuton and one genjutsu, and of course taijutsu, but that won't help him...if he has poison against Mokuton then that will weaken Shodai considerably, not mentioning other jutsus that will just sidestep countering Mokuton and attack Shodai directly...like the jutsu performed in White Snake form for example...
    The only real problem is genjutsu here, but I addressed that problem a bit earlier

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait Orochimaru has the wood- suppression poison?

We never saw him using it, let alone if it has to be prepared beforehand or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    I doubt Oro could escape underground because of the tree roots, he wouldn't be able to pass them.

Also, white snake form could be trapped even more easily, since we don't know if it can use the sword of totsuka while in that form and it isn't that fast really.

Yamata no Orochi would be bound by Hashirama's jutsu as well.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

How would he barf himself out if he's inside the tree under extreme pressure.

Hashirama's mokuton jutsu was able to bind Bijuu's, Oro doesn't have that kind of strength.
    The White Snake form is to escape from the initial bound of the trees...and that was proven to be really fast, and didn't need seals...even if Shodai traps the White Snake form, if Oro cuts himself and releases his blood Shodai is screwed...his jutsu will fade and Oro will be able to escape and win ultimately

Escaping the roots...well that's a bit nit picking IMO, because it was shown that Kawarimi is something that can be used on a large area...Oro would just to the switch to a place where there are no trees...

And trapping Yamata no Orochi is not the real issue here...Yamata no Orochi is huge, that will give Orochimaru time to escape the trees before it's impossible to escape...so it's just a measure to buy time and create an opening

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Wait Orochimaru has the wood- suppression poison?

We never saw him using it, let alone if it has to be prepared beforehand or not.
    Well it was hinted by Kabuto that he had such poison right? I'm not really sure of that myself...that's why I used if in that sentence...I'm not really considering it as his basic arsenal though

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

Hashirama's mokuton are different than normal trees, and I doubt that he could merge with tendrils stabbing his body, not to mention he probably needs to do handseals to perform the jutsu.

Also size doesn't really matter in terms of strenght: Bunta is as big as the Kyuubi, but the Kyuubi is much stronger.

While the blood of the white snake is numbing, it took some time to have and effect in a closed room; in a wide area, with the white snake being trapped, I doubt that it would affect Hashirama before Orochimaru is trapped.

Also, Oro is cocky as shit, he laughed when Itachi stabbed him with the sword of Totsuka, if Hashirama starts to trap him the tree, Oro would take his time to react, only to find himself completely trapped and under gigantic pressure with no chance of escaping.

Lastly, even if it comes to a contest of stamina, I think Hashirama has more than oro in virtue of having the Rikudo's body, which, as we saw with Danzo, grants stamina.
    They are trees in the end...I never really bought this not a normal tree thing...it is a tree...just like water jutsus create water, not special water...so yeah I think this is a very good point against Shodai...Oro's ability to merge with trees...which is probably nothing to far from every other shinobi's ability to do Earth based kawarimi, or travel underground etc

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He can't use Edo Tensei in this tourney, otherwise Hashirama could use his collection of Bijuu.
    Fushi Tensei is not Edo Tensei. I'm not gonna vote yet, I'm still on the fence regarding who would win.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Oro having the reacting time to escape a trap while being under the darkness genjutsu.

Oro has never been shown as a ninja that acts on instinct, in fact, most of the time he just lulz it off, takes the beating and then barfs a new body: he wont be able to do it when he is either taken off by the genjutsu, reacting to it, or just thinking: heh, this is nothing.

Mokuton no jutsu has a lot of strength, enough to hold bijuu, and if a gigantic tree is grown around Oro while stabbing him and holding him into place, he won't be able to even open his mouth to use any jutsu, spit his sword out or even do handseals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Theoretically, I think Hashirama would win this. However, he just have not shown enough for me to warrant him a win against Oro. I'd also hate to base every subsequent fight of his based on hype and lore. My vote goes to Oro.

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Oro having the reacting time to escape a trap while being under the darkness genjutsu.

Oro has never been shown as a ninja that acts on instinct, in fact, most of the time he just lulz it off, takes the beating and then barfs a new body: he wont be able to do it when he is either taken off by the genjutsu, reacting to it, or just thinking: heh, this is nothing.

Mokuton no jutsu has a lot of strength, enough to hold bijuu, and if a gigantic tree is grown around Oro while stabbing him and holding him into place, he won't be able to even open his mouth to use any jutsu, spit his sword out or even do handseals.
    actully most of the time he just laughs it off no new body

but if he uses Yamata no jutsu the added size will brake him out of a small tree and it will allow him to destory any tree's that bind him with the Kusagari

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Also size doesn't really matter in terms of strenght: Bunta is as big as the Kyuubi, but the Kyuubi is much stronger.
    actully Bunta was only the size of the Kyuubi's head back during battle with the 4th and bunta is also weaker then Manda one of Oro's summons
    Know your Place Humans

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiruzen had time to react...why wouldn't Oro be able to...and he acted on instinct only once...when he was attacked by Shiki Fuujin...and he was able to weaken Hiruzen considerably by Kusanagi...I also disagree that he won't be able to at least open his mouth to release the White Snake form...not even mentioning that stabbing Oro is pretty much a useless thing...if he ever gets caught in it...

Stabbing the White Snake form will allow him to win so...

Also let's not confuse trees with bijuu controlling ability...the one as nothing to do with the other...it's not the strength of the trees that kept the Bijuus bound to his will, but his special chakra...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Orochimaru has tons of ways to escape being trapped by mokuton.

1: Summon a giant snake amidst the roots. He doesn't need handseals as he has the snake tattoos on his body. Just needs blood.
    2: White Hydra Form. Not only will he grow bigger than the average boss-level summon, but he can move in and out between each giant head, and still fire his Kusanagi from the protection of his giant snake heads.
    3: Kawarimi. Different from Oral Rebirth. Simply fooling the enemy into thinking he's crushing the real him when he's actualy crushing a blob of mud.

And if he doesn't want his snakes to die, Rashoumon can be summoned instead to break apart any roots or branches trapping him as it's far more durable than a giant snake. Gonna go ahead and give my vote to Orochimaru for the simple fact that this Genjutsu doesn't paralyze, it simply hinders your eyesight. He's perfectly capable of fleeing into the ground the instant his eyesight disappears.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudou Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on the jutsu in manga? What nonsense. This would mean that most ninja would beat the Rikudou Sennin, because he never showed jutsus.

This is kinda ridicilous. The author, Masashi Kishimoto already stated the degree of Hashiramas power. Hashirama is stronger by far. We do not even have to see all his jutsus.

And whose bright idea is that he has nothing which kills Orochimaru. In fact, people are acting like Orochimaru cant be killed, even though he just uses the right jutsus the right time. Orochimaru himself stated that Narutos chakra ball would have killed him for sure with a direct hit.

He is persistant, but as you saw he can be beaten like Sasuke did. Yeah he somehow remained, but he was clearly beaten. And yeah, I know he was weakend.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ceasar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i just don't know oro is a slippery fighter to say the least he has jutsu for almost anything shodai has. Mokuton would help shodai but oro has the snakes and possibly a poison that can stop the mokuton. Shodai has one known genjutsu and suiton, and doton along with his great physical energy. If we look at their body of work shodai has far greater feats than oro so we can take those in to account but if we are going by just jutsu displayed shodai would be at a disadvantage.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou Sennin View Post
    Based on the jutsu in manga? What nonsense. This would mean that most ninja would beat the Rikudou Sennin, because he never showed jutsus.

This is kinda ridicilous. The author, Masashi Kishimoto already stated the degree of Hashiramas power. Hashirama is stronger by far. We do not even have to see all his jutsus.

And whose bright idea is that he has nothing which kills Orochimaru. In fact, people are acting like Orochimaru cant be killed, even though he just uses the right jutsus the right time. Orochimaru himself stated that Narutos chakra ball would have killed him for sure with a direct hit.

He is persistant, but as you saw he can be beaten like Sasuke did. Yeah he somehow remained, but he was clearly beaten. And yeah, I know he was weakend.
    However all these situations you mentioned have nothing to do with Shodai...the slightest...and the rule of jutsu based on the manga is just an attempt to somehow keep hype in check...to avoid stuff like...I'm sure he can do this thing or that thing...or because he beat someone in the past, he can do it again...

And if the sage were to participate here he would be strapped to a chair and with blindfold...

We are not saying tat Oro cannot be killed at all...it's just that Shodai can't kill him...but if you know of a jutsu that can, please do tell

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ceasar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou Sennin View Post

I agree with you hashirama has far greater feats than oro along with lineage and quality of opponents defeated but if we are only going by jutsu displayed then oro could possibly defeat hashirama; if we don't count all of the lore behind hashirama.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the game changing ability in this fight is Orochimaru's true form blood. If the fight gets to the point where Orochimaru uses his true form, then I can see the true forms blood stopping Hashirama in the same way it did Sasuke.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    He doesn't know anything about him.
    I ask everyone again. Please consult the rules thread for some general information and guidelines during discussion. The opponents don't know about each other, except widely known information. Like Uchiha having Sharingan, or Hyuuga having Byakugan. Broad information, nothing specific.
    oh sorry I've forgotten it!but I did read the rules! anyway oro has got his poison anyway,even though he doesn't know hashirama. and about the genjutsu... he was able to nullify itachi's, and he was the master of illusions!!! hashirama's darkness didn't look like dangerous,especially for a genious as oro that can summon snakes(sensitive animals). that illusion didn't affect hiruzen much,and now Oro should have improved his genjutsu!remember that during chunin exam he affected a sharingan user as sasuke!

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast