Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kakashi

93 71.54%
  • Konan

37 28.46%
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Konan vs Kakashi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Konan vs Kakashi

Not to mention Daibakufu as well. Kakashi has a lot of techniques to use for all ranges, really.

I also want to note that Kamui seems pretty hax as well; even in his first couple of uses with it in combat, he was able to get rid of the entire exploding body of the Deidara clone. I don't think it's a stretch to think that he could get a large part of Konan with it.
    Last edited by UchihaHunter; June 23, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaHeroic1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    If a piece of paper gets Kakashi's blood, it doesn't mean it's part of her real body, she can discard it.

And Konan can fully flod herself into paper, reaper as a paper clone, and Kakashi wouldn't notice because he would think it's the real one, or make one while the real one if behind a wall of paper.
    When i said a piece of paper was all Kakashi needed i meant all he needed to keep track of her. If kakashi marked konan with his blood it would be in random spots where konan would have no idea where they were. Say if some blood got on her back, face, etc. She can't know precisely which papers to get rid off and i doubt she would dump that much of it. Also Konan is not Gaara and i don't understand why people think she would make a paper wall for an attack she has no knowledge of. From what you guys are saying in which supposedly she is invulnerable from everything then why even make a paper wall. She'll jus tank every attack right, even though we've seen she can be hurt by paper bombs, bugs, or killed regulary if her chakra is to low.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Konan has already shown that she can release each of the pieces of papers that make up her body into independent butterflies, so she wouldn't have much trouble dividing and confusing Kakashi. And we have only seen Konan hurt once, when she was in her normal form after expending chakra for a solid ten minutes. She was never hurt by insects or fire, only a few pieces of paper which didn't matter overall.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/93-57323-...apter-509.html

Here, she acknowledges that the explosions would kill them both, no?

I also wonder how in the world she simulated that fight countless times in her mind, and yet was surprised that she couldn't maintain her Paper Angel tech...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaHeroic1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Konan has already shown that she can release each of the pieces of papers that make up her body into independent butterflies, so she wouldn't have much trouble dividing and confusing Kakashi. And we have only seen Konan hurt once, when she was in her normal form after expending chakra for a solid ten minutes. She was never hurt by insects or fire, only a few pieces of paper which didn't matter overall.
    Yes but Kakashi still would know that who he is facing isn't a clone and he wouldn't waste kamui on some butterflies anyway. He would still no the butterflies were part of the original but a clone would be fresh without Kakashi's scent on it. Sorry about confusion but when i said i konan being hurt i meant her paper not being some indestructable weapon with no way around. Madara saved them both from death with the explosive tags, and the insects ate a couple pieces of the paper, then when she ran out of chakra she could be killed physically.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Konan was fast enough to target Madara the moment he went solid, so she clearly has some good reflexes. She may not know about Kamui itself, but she'll already be cautious against the likes of Kakashi.
    The thing is she already knew about Madara's ability. So it's highly possible that she just anticipited it. Besides papers were everywhere, that was the point of her trap, so she doesn't have to command specifically each paper to stick on Madara when he has to go solid, the paper are just here waiting for him or explosing.
    Besides she wasn't really cautious against Jiraya and he is her master and a Sannin.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that he's her master (he wouldn't kill her right away) and she knew she had pain as a backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pain told her to go ahead and kill him if she could though...I don't think she wanted to kill Jiraiya, and vice versa, but at that point, what's the point of not killing Jiraiya? You've already killed at least two jinchurriki and extracted another (how many had they actually gotten by that point?), and you seem to be pretty set on following Nagato...so why hold back on Jiraiya?

Also, aren't we considering these people to not know each other at all when they get into their fights? So why would she be particularly cautious against Kakashi?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Um, Kakashi is known as the Copy Ninja who's copied 1,000 jutsu. As if in that vast arsenal and his genius-level intellect he won't use jutsu to counter Konan's. From what we've seen, Konan only gave Madara a run for his money because she was prepared to do that to him. Jiraiya easily took her out. It can be argumented that was because he knew her technique, but anyone can see that it's paper-based. And, Kakashi being close to Jiraiya will most likely know some jutsu which involve oil. Kakashi will also obviously know any random fire jutsu. Konan will literally be toast.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    She has covered many people's entire bodys with her paper by layers flat sheets all over them whether for transportation or to suffocate them. Am I really not allowed to assume she can change the angle of her paper 45 degrees and turn it into a more offensive attacks? That's like saying a fighter can't punch someone in the knee because we've only ever seen them punch people in the face. When you have an ability like hers and have seen her use it in the intense detail she does, a certain degree of assumptions can be made. It's like dealing with Gaara or the Third KazeKage, only with paper.

Pain hit her with his crab bubble technique when he was attacking Jiraiya and she was fine, and she's made her paper in the rain on multiple occassions.

As we've seen it, Kamui has always been a last resort technique. Even against Deva Path he only used it after he tried a bunch of different techniques. He will not start a fight with it. Even if he does, he will somehow have to get all of her paper in one shot and his Kamui's range is not that expansive. And then if he uses it three or four times to try and get her whole body he runs out of chakra and Konan wins.

All the major damage she did to Madara was done without prep time. He Izanagied her lake of explosive attacks so they had 0 effect on him. She blew off his arm and mask with a few paper tags she mixed in with her paper when he tried to absorb her, which doesn't require any prep time (we see people like Shikamaru and Sakura (might be anime only on her) spam explosive tags and while they are used stragetically he just pulled them out of his ass and threw them down).

As I admitted earlier, she may have trouble with genjutsu, but he can only use genjutsu with eye contact (he's not Itachi). When she break her body into paper she has no eyes. And since everybody and their mother knows that Sharingan=Genjutsu she'd watch out for that. But if he managed to get one on her while in her real body, she'd be in a tough spot.

Regardless who it was from, she was caught in the middle of his attack. He can't just decrease the intesity of the first half of his stream of water and then increase it when it passes her.

Huh, I was pretty sure he did his oil mixing when he blew out his Katon, I'll go reread. But regardless, Kakashi can't use Katon or oil.

And I question if Raiton will have any effect on her. If we're going off the argument that many like to argue that her paper abides by the normal rules of paper (fire will burn it, etc, even though it only made like two pieces smolder and her main body which was still paper was fine), than paper is an insulator and won't conduct electricity and raiton will have no effect on her in that fashion. He'd have to get a direct hit on her with a Raikiri, but direct physical attacks are useless on her.

Didn't you just admit in your previous post that fire doesn't harm her in any significant way? Besides, Kakashi doesn't have Katon. Logic states, that in order to say someone isn't invulnerable you have to show how she gets hurt. She has never been hurt in the manga - she died after spending all her chakra and falling to a broken genjutsu cast by Madara. But regardless, she isn't invulnerable. Oil makes her paper stick and effectively renders her useless, but Kakashi has no oil jutsu.
    That was not about Kakashi burning her up. It was about her so called invulnerability. Do you belive that if she is hit in that form by a supernova she would not get disintegrated? Konan is only highly resistant to diferent types of damage but not invulnerable. Also the fact that she was never hurt in the manga only proves that those level of attacks can't hurt her and in no way that a bigger attack then that can't.

@Rikudou King

Quote Quote:
    I doubt that considering Konan never implied she would have died and clearly expected Madara to survive that attack. And fortunately for Konan, her transformation of paper doesn't have eyes.
    It was clearly stated that both of them would have died. Go read it again... Also her transformation in paper angel thing does have eyes(made out of paper but still eyes). So do those butterflies things., i think..
    Last edited by xXan; June 24, 2011 at 05:02 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    That was not about Kakashi burning her up. It was about her so called invulnerability. Do you belive that if she is hit in that form by a supernova she would not get disintegrated? Konan is only highly resistant to diferent types of damage but not invulnerable. Also the fact that she was never hurt in the manga only proves that those level of attacks can't hurt her and in no way that a bigger attack then that can't.
    I agree to this as well. Konan is far invulnerable in her paper form. In fact, it probably even makes her more vulnerable to techniques like katon. Konan's paper form would mostly help against any taijutusu and focused attacks like raikiri or even kamui depending on how aoe it has. I also like to add that her paper form is a jutsu. She needs chakra maintain that form and probably more to reform herself is she gets smacked with a jutsu.

From what we've seen, raiton attacks are capable of spreading across water. If Kakashi smacks Konan with one his suiton attacks, he can use a Raikiri to cause damage across her whole body.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    And, Kakashi being close to Jiraiya will most likely know some jutsu which involve oil.
    You can't just say, "Oh, he's Kakashi he'll know an oil jutsu." Only jutsu he has used in the manga can be used in this fight. If we could just completely infer new techniques than we could say that Konan can also control trees because she controls paper which is just a part of a tree.... That's retarded.

Quote Quote:
    As I said in my post she is not invulnerable. I'm sure a supernova could burn her up, but that's because that is on a level infinitely higher of power than any katon in this series. What I meant in that post is that it doesn't matter if she's invulnerable - it only matters if Kakashi has something in his arsenal WHICH HE HAS SHOWN which is capable of damaging her and from what we've seen of him there really is only one - Kamui - and she has ways of dodging that.

Quote Quote:
    In fact, it probably even makes her more vulnerable to techniques like katon
    I swear to fucking god that no one reads this thread or the goddamn manga for that matter.

Oh and may I remind people that Kakashi is not the Second Hokage or Kisame, he requires a a source of water for his Suiton which he does not have here so any suiton argument is pretty much done for (if it wasn't already).
    Last edited by White Silver King; June 24, 2011 at 09:25 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi actually used a suiton against Kakuzu without a nearby water source, but it doesn't affect Konan anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and may I remind people that Kakashi is not the Second Hokage or Kisame, he requires a a source of water for his Suiton which he does not have here so any suiton argument is pretty much done for (if it wasn't already).
    Not really. He have shown to be able to use some Suiton without a source.

I say Kakashi wins this and I don't really think that Kamui is required here for him to win. In fact I think it would rather hard to Kamui Konan completely. Anyways, Konan have shown that she isn't always in her paper form as we have seen when Madara stabbed her with a pipe. That would mean that if she dropped her guard, she's in trouble. This is especially good for Kakashi since with his bunshins he can easily pull off a surprise attack from the back like how he did against Kakazu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I swear to fucking god that no one reads this thread or the goddamn manga for that matter.

Instead of accusing me of not reading the manga, you could have just asked me to provide proof nicely, in which case here it is:
    Kakashi using a suiton without watersource

Thread Closed
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast