Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kakashi

    93 71.54%
  • Konan

    37 28.46%
Thread Closed
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 120

Thread: Konan vs Kakashi

  1. #91
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    @ White Silver King
    Inference of possible jutsu on Kakashi's part isn't retarded because it's been stated everywhere that Kakashi's copied such a vast volume of jutsu. Sarutobi's been said to know every jutsu in Konoha in the manga itself so are you gonna say it's retarded to infer that he an use any non-bloodline jutsu in Konoha? It's info taken straight from the source, dude.

  2. #92
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    I love when people say you aren't reading the manga when people have already given you examples from the manga prior to your post...but please carry on, lol...

    So she was unaffected by rain (which has harmed no one), and a bubble attack that seemed more focused on cleaning the oil off her than attacking anyone...clearly that means that she's unaffected by Suiton, and Suiton with a Raiton going through it...whatever you guys say...

  3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #93
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    Quote Quote:
    Instead of accusing me of not reading the manga, you could have just asked me to provide proof nicely, in which case here it is:
    Kakashi using a suiton without watersource
    That comment was about the Kaiton not the Sution.

    And my bad about the suiton.

    Quote Quote:
    Inference of possible jutsu on Kakashi's part isn't retarded because it's been stated everywhere that Kakashi's copied such a vast volume of jutsu. Sarutobi's been said to know every jutsu in Konoha in the manga itself so are you gonna say it's retarded to infer that he an use any non-bloodline jutsu in Konoha? It's info taken straight from the source, dude.
    But has it ever been said that among those 1000 jutsu is an oil one? Nope. It's been argued in literally every single one of these tournament threads that people can only use jutsu that have appeared in the manga hype aside. And the inability of suiton and katon to affect her in any signigicant way is taken straight from the manga, dude.

    Quote Quote:
    So she was unaffected by rain (which has harmed no one),
    The rain isn't meant to hurt anyone. People think water will make her useless, but she can use her paper in the rain.
    Last edited by White Silver King; June 24, 2011 at 11:33 AM.

  5. #94
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soul Society
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King
    People think water will make her useless, but she can use her paper in the rain.
    I think ppl were saying that suiton techniques can do sth to her, not that some normal water can do. Water techniques are chakra enhanced, it wasn't normal water to begin with <like her paper isn't normal paper >. And if she is hit she can block it, she can be put to the ground, she can be pushed, she can evade, whatever. Its not like Kakashi uses suiton tech. and Konan will not be affected in any way, even in her Paper Angel form. You sound as if using suiton tech. is completely useless - Kakashi because of eg. suiton can nicely observe what Konan does and make some combo move.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

  6. #95
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,832
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    Kakashi, to me, is the ninja's ninja, so I don't believe Konan could defeat him. What I mean by "ninja's ninja" is that Kakashi is one of the most well-rounded shinobi in the series. He relies on his physical ability as much as his intellect.

    The one most important thing I think Konan has in her favor is that she can keep her distance. Also, Kakashi seemingly has a low chakra reserve, so using multiple ninjutsu (in other words, long ranged attacks) might not be suitable for him.

    But like I said, Kakashi is a ninja's ninja. He supposedly knows a ton of jutsu, and he managed against a couple of Pains for a little while. And he is apparently smarter than Konan.

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #96
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    I think ppl were saying that suiton techniques can do sth to her, not that some normal water can do. Water techniques are chakra enhanced, it wasn't normal water to begin with <like her paper isn't normal paper >. And if she is hit she can block it, she can be put to the ground, she can be pushed, she can evade, whatever. Its not like Kakashi uses suiton tech. and Konan will not be affected in any way, even in her Paper Angel form. You sound as if using suiton tech. is completely useless - Kakashi because of eg. suiton can nicely observe what Konan does and make some combo move.
    Following that logic, than any elemental jutsu can harm her because it has chakra imbued in them, be it wind, lightning, earth, fire, or water. The point is, she uses paper and paper can catch on fire.

  9. #97
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Following that logic, than any elemental jutsu can harm her because it has chakra imbued in them, be it wind, lightning, earth, fire, or water. The point is, she uses paper and paper can catch on fire.
    but it does not her paper can bes desotoryed but it does not catch on fire
    Know your Place Humans

  10. #98
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    Konan's paper does catch on fire, but she can always create more with relative ease: Jiraya's fire jutsu didn't really hinder her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #99
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soul Society
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Following that logic, than any elemental jutsu can harm her because it has chakra imbued in them, be it wind, lightning, earth, fire, or water. The point is, she uses paper and paper can catch on fire.
    I already assumed sth like that here:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post2507438
    But whatever xd
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

  13. #100
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    I know, bro. But she has been shown to create a ridiculous amount of paper. Which is why I said that if she's covered in oil and then set on fire, as sadistic as it sounds, she's toast.

    Jutsu aside, Kakashi's smarter than Konan and has a huge arsenal of jutsu at his disposal. Following the rules, we can only go by what's only been seen in the manga. Lamentably, Konan hasn't shown a whole lot. Besides, we've already seen Kakashi hide in the ground and then send out a clone to scout the opponent before then using himself. Kakashi wins this hands down.

  14. #101
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    Quote Quote:
    I say Kakashi wins this and I don't really think that Kamui is required here for him to win. In fact I think it would rather hard to Kamui Konan completely. Anyways, Konan have shown that she isn't always in her paper form as we have seen when Madara stabbed her with a pipe. That would mean that if she dropped her guard, she's in trouble. This is especially good for Kakashi since with his bunshins he can easily pull off a surprise attack from the back like how he did against Kakazu.
    That was at the end of the fight after she had used that massive technique though, even she said she was surprised at how much chakra that had taken. When Konan gets low on chakra she has to stop using that form, when Kakashi does he collapses as he can't turn of his sharingan. So it isn't really a fair interpretation.

  15. #102
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    Kakashi always knows when using Kamui (or any chakra-intensive jutsu) will take him down to a dangerous level of chakra, while Konan ran "countless simulations," etc. and was still surprised by running out of chakra...in terms of intelligence/strategic planning/knowing one's limits, Kakashi has that hands down. I don't think Kakashi is running out of chakra to fight against an opponent that isn't hax.

    ---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    And the inability of suiton and katon to affect her in any signigicant way is taken straight from the manga, dude.

    The rain isn't meant to hurt anyone. People think water will make her useless, but she can use her paper in the rain.
    See, this is the problem I have with your logic. "The rain isn't meant to hurt anyone," yet the fact that the rain didn't hinder her is proof that suiton can't affect her in any significant way? She got hit with rain and a bubble tech! She didn't get hit by Daibakufu, Suikodan, Suiryuudan, or Suishouha, three of which Kakashi has been shown to use, and all of which actually cause destruction.

    And again, she got hit with a counter Katon by someone not attempting to press the issue and fight her. Considering that her paper did get burned, and that she expends chakra to produce the paper, how would using Katon not affect her significantly? Are you going to tell me that if she's getting hit by Itachi or Sasuke's Katon techs repeatedly, she's going to come out unscathed? The Katon point isn't really relevant since we haven't seen Kakashi use Katon in the manga, but you're acting as if the only elemental tech that can harm her paper is oil.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #103
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    Just wanna point out that Konan's paper isn't fire resistant. She soaks her paper in water to make it fire resistant. According to the wiki atleast. If it's not already raining or she's not got water nearby, her paper is just plain old flammable paper.

    Doesn't really matter though, considering Kakashi can't use katon anyway. But his raiton may do the trick.

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  19. #104
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-57323-...apter-509.html

    Here, she acknowledges that the explosions would kill them both, no?


    I also wonder how in the world she simulated that fight countless times in her mind, and yet was surprised that she couldn't maintain her Paper Angel tech...
    See, that's why I question it. Because why would Konan attempt a suicidal technique before she used her prearranged plan that she went over countless times and seemly put in a whole lot of effort to make? A plan that as far as she knew would have worked. Maybe I'm just over-thinking it, but normally the suicidal plan would come after the main plan failed.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaHeroic1 View Post
    Yes but Kakashi still would know that who he is facing isn't a clone and he wouldn't waste kamui on some butterflies anyway. He would still no the butterflies were part of the original but a clone would be fresh without Kakashi's scent on it. Sorry about confusion but when i said i konan being hurt i meant her paper not being some indestructable weapon with no way around. Madara saved them both from death with the explosive tags, and the insects ate a couple pieces of the paper, then when she ran out of chakra she could be killed physically.
    And that's my point. Konan doesn't have to be solid in order to attack with her papers. She's able to control the papers while she's in a bunch of single pieces. So transforming into a bunch of butterflies means there would be no solid target for Kamui. Her paper may not be indestructible, but it's not exactly easy to damage either. Jiraiya shot her with an oil enhanced fire and it only damaged some of her papers. Same with the insects. True she can be killed easier when she runs low on chakra, but will Kakashi last that long? She was able to continuous bombard Madara for ten full minutes and was still able to control some paper for an attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuga View Post
    The thing is she already knew about Madara's ability. So it's highly possible that she just anticipited it. Besides papers were everywhere, that was the point of her trap, so she doesn't have to command specifically each paper to stick on Madara when he has to go solid, the paper are just here waiting for him or explosing.
    Besides she wasn't really cautious against Jiraya and he is her master and a Sannin.
    Yeah, but she was still able to time it the exact moment he went solid. Even though she knew he would go solid, she didn't know exactly when he would do so. And up against Jiraiya, I would say she was quite cautious. She attacked him while as a bunch of papers and went straight to immobilizing him and attempting to spear him. She just didn't expect the whole hiding in shadow thing. If she attempted that against Kakashi, he would be hard pressed to hurt her or escape before she exploded the hidden explosion tags.

  20. #105
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Konan vs Kakashi

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    See, that's why I question it. Because why would Konan attempt a suicidal technique before she used her prearranged plan that she went over countless times and seemly put in a whole lot of effort to make? A plan that as far as she knew would have worked. Maybe I'm just over-thinking it, but normally the suicidal plan would come after the main plan failed.
    I sorta agree, but considering she didn't seem to think out her master plan that well either...

    Quote Quote:
    And that's my point. Konan doesn't have to be solid in order to attack with her papers. She's able to control the papers while she's in a bunch of single pieces. So transforming into a bunch of butterflies means there would be no solid target for Kamui. Her paper may not be indestructible, but it's not exactly easy to damage either. Jiraiya shot her with an oil enhanced fire and it only damaged some of her papers. Same with the insects. True she can be killed easier when she runs low on chakra, but will Kakashi last that long? She was able to continuous bombard Madara for ten full minutes and was still able to control some paper for an attack.
    False. Again, the attack was not oil enhanced, can we please stop saying that?

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-376-15...apter-371.html

    What oil? What oil is here? Do you see oil? I don't see oil. Does anyone else see oil? Ok, so we agree that there was no oil.

    Quote Quote:
    Yeah, but she was still able to time it the exact moment he went solid. Even though she knew he would go solid, she didn't know exactly when he would do so. And up against Jiraiya, I would say she was quite cautious. She attacked him while as a bunch of papers and went straight to immobilizing him and attempting to spear him. She just didn't expect the whole hiding in shadow thing. If she attempted that against Kakashi, he would be hard pressed to hurt her or escape before she exploded the hidden explosion tags.
    Considering she had been preparing for that encounter for a while...I would really hope that she would know when he was going to turn solid.

    In addition, why are we assuming she's going to be explosive-tagged up? If she had them on her person, why didn't she blow up Jiraiya? She went to spear him, but decided not to use the tags (which are actually pretty decent as far as attack damage goes). She also knew he had the Toad Silhouette technique, so not expecting it...really doesn't say a lot of good things about her strategic mind. Also, she ambushed Jiraiya...ambushing someone isn't the same as encountering them face-to-face; I doubt that she'd catch on to Kakashi that easily, and even if she did, he's been shown to get underground quite quickly.


    Edit: Regarding the master plan vs. the suicidal plan; I'd think it's really hard to surprise Madara with explosive tags after you've bombarded him for 10min with them...maybe she just figured that she'd die either way if the master plan failed.
    Last edited by UchihaHunter; June 24, 2011 at 11:15 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts