Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kakashi

93 71.54%
  • Konan

37 28.46%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Konan vs Kakashi

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Konan vs Kakashi

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

Reserved and devoted, this former student of Jiraiya has turned her passion for origami into strength, becoming a powerful shinobi, evidenced by her position in the mercenary syndicate, Akatsuki. She can use paper to various effects, including making clones, forming projectiles, creating paper structures that serve as convincing camouflage, and even transforming her body and clothes into myriads sheets of paper to be controlled at will via her Shikigami no Mai. Her most powerful technique, Kami no Shisha no Jutsu, utilizes an immense number of paper sheets within which she can mix exploding tags that she can explode at will.

The son of Konoha's White Fang, Hatake Kakashi is widely considered the best of his generation and a pure genius; he graduated from the Academy at age 5, becoming a chūnin at age 6, a jōnin at 13, and had a long tenure as an member of Konoha's ANBU. Although, his skills were always top notch, he didn't come into his own until after he acquired a sharingan from his best friend. It's with this added ability that Kakashi became known as "Sharingan Kakashi" or "Copy Ninja Kakashi". A monicure derived from him being said to have copied over a thousand jutsu.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Konan vs Kakashi

IMO Konan takes his: Kakashi's deadliest jutsus require physical contact, which konan renders useless thanks to her paper transformation jutsu: Same goes for Kamui, which leaves Kakashi open.

Maybe Kakashi could get an opening with a genjutsu, but IMO, Konan should be able to deal with, otherwise she wouldn't have fought Madara head-on: she only broke in the end because she had no chakra and was basically dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Kakashi has been upgraded a bit last time since we saw him, so his Kamui could give him the potential opening here. Madara couldn't get Konan with the warp, because he warped towards himself, however the technique is kind of the same, but it is executed outside of Kakashi. Kamui works really well against Konan.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi is more skilled but I think Konan can win. Since Kakashi won't employ Kamui right off the bat, Konan will have the opportunity to act before Kakashi can get serious. By using her Dance of the Shikigami, she can make herself a harder target to kill. In that form, she could bind Kakashi using her papers to spear him or throw her papers all around with the explosive tags hidden within. As she was fast enough to strike Madara the moment he went solid, she should be fast enough to strike Kakashi before he can fully defend. Either way, she has the chance of catching Kakashi off guard and seriously wounding him. Konan was durable enough in her paper form to endure an oil enhanced katon from Jiraiya and we saw that water didn't appear to effect her paper in any way, so she should be able to handle any katon and suiton Kakashi throws at her.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see konan beating the copy ninja that is Kakashi..tbh.Still i'll wait to see how the argument develope.Another
    decent match up.As much as i want to see a female ninja prevail this one is kinda hmmm.Not so favorable but i suppose
    that her funijutsu will be put up as why see should win this...we'll see.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Kakashi is more skilled but I think Konan can win. Since Kakashi won't employ Kamui right off the bat, Konan will have the opportunity to act before Kakashi can get serious. By using her Dance of the Shikigami, she can make herself a harder target to kill. In that form, she could bind Kakashi using her papers to spear him or throw her papers all around with the explosive tags hidden within. As she was fast enough to strike Madara the moment he went solid, she should be fast enough to strike Kakashi before he can fully defend. Either way, she has the chance of catching Kakashi off guard and seriously wounding him. Konan was durable enough in her paper form to endure an oil enhanced katon from Jiraiya and we saw that water didn't appear to effect her paper in any way, so she should be able to handle any katon and suiton Kakashi throws at her.
    That catching him and wounding him is a serious thing to say...I mean we know that Kakashi is using all sorts of tricks to find out about the enemy jutsu first...the first attacks of Konan will land on clones Kawarimis etc

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    That catching him and wounding him is a serious thing to say...I mean we know that Kakashi is using all sorts of tricks to find out about the enemy jutsu first...the first attacks of Konan will land on clones Kawarimis etc
    Kakashi's not gonna be able to avoid Konan the entire fight by switching and using clones. Not to mention Kakashi won't be expecting the explosive tags, seeing as Madara didn't notice them until the very last minute and he actually knew of Konan's ability. So while Kakashi will be focused on the paper itself, Konan will be able to use the explosive tags to hurt him before he can fully act.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi didn't know about Deva's powers either...and yet he still made Kawarimis and attacked from underground and so on...so the argument that Kakashi won't expect it and be caught doesn't really work, because of the style that Kakashi uses while fighting...so comparing Madara with Kakashi is pretty useless IMO...so kakashi will be attacked by paper, and while he hides he will notice that there are exploding tags in it...
    Shadow Clone jutsu is the perfect thing to use against Konan in order to find out about her abilities

And it's not like Kakashi will just avoid him...he will counterattack...the papers always have a source and that is Konan...he can use Suiton jutsu, Doton jutsu, dogs and all that just to create an opening and then use Kamui to take out Konan...

I don't see Kakashi on the run in this fight at all...

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Kakashi is quite at the disadvantage everyone is assuming. He has shown the ability to be incredibly crafty. How did Jiraiya slow down Konan? He immediately covered her in oil. There's no reason Kakashi couldn't take a similar approach with a suiton, and Kakashi has shown the ability to use a ranged version of Chidori. I think a few thousand volts of electricity through soaking wet paper would leave the paper in a pretty useless state. Regarding the explosive tags, look at how fast Kakashi has buried himself using Dotons in previous fights, and who says the fight will happen in a way that Konan has the time to prepare the tags?

Not saying it's an easy fight for Kakashi, but the mentality seems to be "Ranged automatically wins", when Kakashi has shown the ability to negate ranged fighters, and definitely has tools to deal with Konan. I'd give this one to Kakashi because I just think he's shown himself to be much smarter than Konan.
    Last edited by Ryokahn; June 22, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

U ppl are assuming that Kakashi woudn't be expecting Konan's unique abilities , but ur forgetting that Kakashi has so many skills up his sleeve and only some certain one which he likes to use [or are most effective] have been shown to us , we can;t really take that away from him either . Besides the tags would work again and again since his hounds should be able to sniff 'em out and destroy 'em .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mack's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting fight.

Well let's see. Konan is a real deal. Her paper techniques makes her quite troublesome oponent for Kakashi, but still...

I do not think she is quite fast ninja, Kakashi is faster, also his sharingan gives him many openings.

Blow of Kakashi? He was able to dodge these attacks literally from any oponent, i also do not think she can catch him with her papers.

Plus we have to count with Kamui. And i know Konan was able to give Madara a hard time, but she had intel on him and she made preparation. She was good, but she might lost to kakashi also.

Winner is Kakashi.
    Last edited by Mack; June 22, 2011 at 03:01 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi didn't know about Deva's powers either...and yet he still made Kawarimis and attacked from underground and so on...so the argument that Kakashi won't expect it and be caught doesn't really work, because of the style that Kakashi uses while fighting...so comparing Madara with Kakashi is pretty useless IMO...so kakashi will be attacked by paper, and while he hides he will notice that there are exploding tags in it...
    Shadow Clone jutsu is the perfect thing to use against Konan in order to find out about her abilities

And it's not like Kakashi will just avoid him...he will counterattack...the papers always have a source and that is Konan...he can use Suiton jutsu, Doton jutsu, dogs and all that just to create an opening and then use Kamui to take out Konan...

Kakashi didn't create the clone until after he had already been attacked and injured by Deva Path. It was only after he witness Deva Path's ability that he took the opportunity to employ a clone to figure it out. So assuming Kakashi won't create a clone right off the bat to figure out Konan's ability is reasonable. And Kakashi using clones would be a double edge sword, as the lost of chakra would offset the knowledge he gains.

In her Shikigami form, Konan would be able to avoid and endure any ninjutsu Kakashi throws at her. We already seen her take an oil enhanced katon from Jiraiya without being all that damaged, so she should be able to take any ranged ninjutsu Kakashi has. And since her entire body will be nothing but pieces of paper, there would be nothing for the dogs to grab onto to bring her down. With an opponent sending a bunch of flying explosive tags towards him, Kakashi would be stupid not to run.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

you have said everything,with kamui kakashi closes the fight in one shot.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi wins by fighitng like a wuss, lol. He hides under ground inorder to avoid a hail of razor sharp paper weapons while a KB fights Konan. If it's destroyed he's just learned his opponent's fighting style without using his MS and now his greatest tool: his brain, starts coming into play.

Kakashi uses hypnosis to draw her closer to him (the way he made Zabuza use the suiton) and when she gets close enough, he jumps up to attack her close range. The attack was just used to force her to attack his raiton bunshin that stuns her long enough for the real Kakashi hiding out of her line of sight to use Kamui to suck the stunned Konan away.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi has a huge arsenal of jutsu that includes water, fire and lighting. The only problem I see is Konan uses clones. If he can grab the right one then I think he can take this. Madara had a problem fighting her because he only had 1 jutsu. Kakashi on the other hand can burn all the paper she throws at him. And he can use his dogs to sniff the real one out.

At first I thought Konan wins but the more I think about it, Kakashi wins this. As long as he can do it quick before his chakra runs out

23. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast