Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sasuke

    60 41.10%
  • Jiraiya

    86 58.90%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 274

Thread: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

  1. #46
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_Rasengan View Post
    Susanoo' surrounds Sasuke. If he is completely submerged by the swamp how do you suppose he pull himself out using Susanoo' when he is completely bound? The swamp is something that would surround Susanoo' and can be used on such large scales to submerge gigantic creatures. Sasuke would want to be going into that thing in Susanoo' for any hope to get out of it.

    His only option against the swamp is avoid it completely using his hawks.
    If the swamp is made of doton, then Sasuke could negate its sinking effect by charging raiton like he did with Deidara's bakuton. Even if it seems far-fetched, it's still a good possibility this could happen.

    Hmm, can Sharingan even see Sage Mode chakra? It can't see natural energy, most likely, but if it can't see the chakra then Sasuke may not be able to counter Frog Song.

  2. #47
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_Rasengan View Post
    When two Kage level Shinobi go head to head we all know one doesn't just walk away that easily. So I'm going to argue Jiraiya's case a little even if he may not win.
    This is actually true...like I said, I think it's a tough fight. Jiraiya was legitimately better than Orochimaru, IMO, but matchups are everything in Naruto.

    Quote Quote:
    People are under the assumption that Sasuke is faster than Jiraiya in his base, when it was never stated Jiraiya was slow. Genjutsu may be Jiraiya's weak point but that doesn't mean he can't defend against it. Using Genjutsu and countering it are not the same thing. Jiraiya isn't just some chump without experience, the man has the most impressive mission completion record of everyone to date. It was said that he only came close to death twice in his life, both against allies, that must say something about his ability.
    He also never got into a life-or-death fight with Itachi...I'm actually wondering who in the world he fought, other than Hanzou. He's been traveling the world writing books and bullshitting for a while, lol. I don't think anyone thinks that Jiraiya is a chump that can't counter genjutsu, but...Tsukuyomi is pretty hard to counter without a Sharingan or a bijuu. Sasuke's isn't on the level of Itachi's at all, but it's still pretty much the ultimate genjutsu, no?

    Quote Quote:
    Pain was above Sasuke's current level, and Jiraiya pushed him to the end. I think Jiraiya is highly underrated in this fight just because it's Sasuke and he has the Sharingan. It's a common misconception that Sharingan is the almighty undefeatable, as we've seen multiple Shinobi with the ability to fight against it, and I believe Jiraiya is one of these Shinobi. Having grown up in an Era of War where Uchiha were still a part of Konoha, and knowing Hatake Kakashi, I'm sure he knows full well the extent of it's abilities.
    Again, matchups are everything...it's not that the Sharingan is unbeatable, it's that you need a specific skill-set to do so. In addition, apparently most of the Uchiha were nothing too special, even though we saw plenty with 3 tomoe Sharingan, seeing as how Itachi one-manned three of them pretty much instantly and took out the lot of them with just Madara. I don't think the Uchiha that Jiraiya encountered had MS, so it's apples and oranges, IMO...even as far as Kakashi goes, he doesn't have the same abilities that Sasuke does.

    Quote Quote:
    Jiraiya is not one to underestimate his opponent, unlike Sasuke, so I think his experience and level head will be to his advantage in this battle. He has multiple jutsu to counter Amaterasu, including Kuchiyose no jutsu. For those of you who think he couldn't use his cast summoning skill to block Sasuke's jutsu this is absurd as we have seen Pain use summons to counter in situations where it would otherwise be impossible to counter an attack. Along with the rest of his vast arsenal of jutsu and sealing abilities I think Jiraiya could potentially defeat Sasuke.
    Even when Sasuke is underestimating his opponents, he's fighting with sense. He didn't think Deidara would be that strong, but he put on a clinic in that fight. And that was with his opponent having trained specifically to fight a Sharingan user. Considering he's not coming at Jiraiya as part of his quest for vengeance, I don't see how we can act as if Sasuke's going to blindly run in, let Jiraiya enter Sennin Mode, and lose, simply because he doesn't have the same level of experience...Danzou had more experience than Jiraiya, yet we saw how that ended up, even with an ability as broken as Izanagi and the ability to use it 10 times.

    Also, Pain's summons never were used to block Amaterasu...that's a pretty rough attack to defend with a summon, I would think. Pain was also able to perceive all attacks in his vicinity due to the Rinnegan, so he couldn't really be taken by surprised if any of his bodies could see it. And that's not even considering the arrows from Susanoo. In addition, Sasuke wields Raiton techs, so he outclasses Jiraiya's Doton techs, and I can't see Jiraiya's fire techs beating Amaterasu.

    Quote Quote:
    If Sasuke uses Susanoo' right away there is no reason Jiraiya shouldn't use Sennin Mode. Jiraiya does have multiple ways of binding Sasuke in order to bide time for the transformation. As far as I'm concerned Susanoo' is the biggest threat, more so then Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu, to Jiraiya in this fight due to it's speed - Although this may not be as big an issue for Jiraiya in SM it's just a matter of getting into it quicker than Sasuke can blindly rage about Itachi.
    Um...the difference is that Sasuke can activate Susanoo instantly, whereas Jiraiya has to gather chakra to summon Ma and Pa to enter SM. I'm curious about these multiple ways of binding someone that has Amaterasu, Chidori variants, and Susanoo, though.

    Quote Quote:
    Anyway, if there is a way for Jiraiya to beat Susanoo' I have no doubt he would defeat Sasuke.
    I think it gets a lot easier if Jiraiya can get rid of Susanoo, but I don't think he beats Tsukuyomi or Amaterasu. Jiraiya beats Sasuke without MS, though.


    Edit: I would also imagine that Amaterasu or Chidori Nagashi give Sasuke a decent out to Yomi Numa...I don't think Jiraiya is trapping Sasuke with that (especially since he'll know it's a Doton tech) for that long at all.
    Last edited by UchihaHunter; June 23, 2011 at 01:10 AM.

  3. #48
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,707
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    If the swamp is made of doton, then Sasuke could negate its sinking effect by charging raiton like he did with Deidara's bakuton. Even if it seems far-fetched, it's still a good possibility this could happen.

    Hmm, can Sharingan even see Sage Mode chakra? It can't see natural energy, most likely, but if it can't see the chakra then Sasuke may not be able to counter Frog Song.
    Well not countering, but escaping from it shouldn't be a problem IMO...not even mentioning the fact that Frog Song takes time to activate...even Pein noticed that it was a Genjutsu, and tried to strike before it happened...Sasuke will do the same, with the exception that he will succeed

  4. #49
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_Rasengan
    People are under the assumption that Sasuke is faster than Jiraiya in his base, when it was never stated Jiraiya was slow. Genjutsu may be Jiraiya's weak point but that doesn't mean he can't defend against it. Using Genjutsu and countering it are not the same thing. Jiraiya isn't just some chump without experience, the man has the most impressive mission completion record of everyone to date. It was said that he only came close to death twice in his life, both against allies, that must say something about his ability.

    Both Sasuke and Jiraiya have the same speed stat, but Sasuke has the Sharingan, which makes the similar speed inconsequential. Because Sasuke can predict his movements he will always be a step ahead of him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_Rasengan
    Pain was above Sasuke's current level, and Jiraiya pushed him to the end. I think Jiraiya is highly underrated in this fight just because it's Sasuke and he has the Sharingan. It's a common misconception that Sharingan is the almighty undefeatable, as we've seen multiple Shinobi with the ability to fight against it, and I believe Jiraiya is one of these Shinobi. Having grown up in an Era of War where Uchiha were still a part of Konoha, and knowing Hatake Kakashi, I'm sure he knows full well the extent of it's abilities.

    Pein also made sure to keep half his bodies out of the fight. Once he pulled out the other half it was all downhill from there, so Jiraiya's feats against Pein was based off of a handicap. Not to mention Jiraiya was able to pull off Sage Mode againt Pein thanks to fleeing from him on Ken. Sasuke however can paralyze or control any of Jiraiya's summons with his Sharingan. Likewise, double check the rules of the tournament. No one has prior knowledge over anyone at all. Meaning he has no idea of the Mangekyou Sharingan or it's abilities. He does however know of the Sharingan, and it's well-known abilities, but that's it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_Rasengan
    Jiraiya is not one to underestimate his opponent, unlike Sasuke, so I think his experience and level head will be to his advantage in this battle. He has multiple jutsu to counter Amaterasu, including Kuchiyose no jutsu. For those of you who think he couldn't use his cast summoning skill to block Sasuke's jutsu this is absurd as we have seen Pain use summons to counter in situations where it would otherwise be impossible to counter an attack. Along with the rest of his vast arsenal of jutsu and sealing abilities I think Jiraiya could potentially defeat Sasuke.

    Do you know how many times ninja have been defeated by ninja far beneath them in the experience level? Experience counts for little against overwhelming power. Sasuke not only has overwhelming power (against base Jiraiya), but nearly all of his strongest attacks are almost unavoidable guaranteeing they connect. Same can't be said for Jiraiya.


    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_Rasengan
    If Sasuke uses Susanoo' right away there is no reason Jiraiya shouldn't use Sennin Mode. Jiraiya does have multiple ways of binding Sasuke in order to bide time for the transformation. As far as I'm concerned Susanoo' is the biggest threat, more so then Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu, to Jiraiya in this fight due to it's speed - Although this may not be as big an issue for Jiraiya in SM it's just a matter of getting into it quicker than Sasuke can blindly rage about Itachi.

    Tsukiyomi is easier to hit Jiraiya with as all it takes is eye contact. But since Sasuke can use his MS jutsu while protected by Susanoo it doesn't matter. I'm still not seeing any realistic defense against Sasuke's Genjutsu so him needing to rely on Susanoo for anything but blocking the occasional attack to be honest.


    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_Rasengan
    Anyway, if there is a way for Jiraiya to beat Susanoo' I have no doubt he would defeat Sasuke.
    I seriously don't see Susanoo being required much, if at all.
    Last edited by ninjabot; June 23, 2011 at 01:59 AM.

  5. #50
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soul Society
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot
    Oh? Then please, enlighten us. How does Jiraiya manage to reach SM against Sasuke?
    The same way he did against Pain: by using summons to help him, of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot
    Yes! This is what I was waiting for all day. Someone that not only thinks Jiraiya can win, but easily. Thanks for that.
    Obsession

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter
    Jiraiya beats Sasuke without MS, though.
    Ah, if it was that simple, haha xD Actually I wanted to write that if it was against Hebi Sasuke or pre-MS Sasuke, Ji-man would nicely win this. But for what purpose write this when its not the case, eh xd
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

  6. #51
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Well not countering, but escaping from it shouldn't be a problem IMO...not even mentioning the fact that Frog Song takes time to activate...even Pein noticed that it was a Genjutsu, and tried to strike before it happened...Sasuke will do the same, with the exception that he will succeed
    Pain couldn't get to the genjutsu in time because Jiraiya made sure he was hiding far away to avoid any attack. If Jiraiya can find a place to hide or set up good protection, then he could use Frog Song, which Sasuke wouldn't easily be able to avoid. Maybe he could by covering his ears, interrupting it with another soundwave, or getting out of range. I just don't think Jiraiya, Ma, and Pa are as limited with trying to make sure Frog Song is successful, especially with some of the barriers Jiraiya has. However, it depends on the barriers and how well Jiraiya could block Sasuke because he'd still need to attack the frogs to stop it.

  7. #52
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Meh i can't belive i am stating this but Sasuke stomps. Sasuke looks at him and states "Amaterasu" = JMan dies screaming.


    Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    The same way he did against Pain: by using summons to help him, of course.


    Obsession


    Ah, if it was that simple, haha xD Actually I wanted to write that if it was against Hebi Sasuke or pre-MS Sasuke, Ji-man would nicely win this. But for what purpose write this when its not the case, eh xd
    Pein never had the ability to 1 shot JMan instantly even if he rides on a frog.

  8. #53
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    We see UR point, but that's not true...that jutsu covered the entire corridor, including the area where U say there was a window, which we don't even know if there was a window or not...I don't get this window thing
    Even Jiraiya is puzzled by how did they escape, and he gathers the fire for analysis...because that's how they escaped...if there would've been a window there Itachi would've kicked it don't you think?

    The thing is that Sasuke as all Uchiha has a sharingan...and that will see through the genjutsu, maybe even reverse it, although I think that's impossible without sage chakra, but still...

    Also the sealing of the fire takes time you know, and in the meantime Sasuke can just give him another shot of Amaterasu, or a Susanoo arrow...
    Not to mention that even if it's not as strong as Itachi's, Sasuke still has genjutsu, and that is Jiraiya's weakness, so creating a nice opening via genjutsu is not out of the question...
    And he will do all these things while sitting in Susanoo, so Jiraiya won't be able to counter, while he gets these blows...so yeah...
    That's really the problem is, he can definitely kick that window to escape, but you failed to notice the distance between them and the wall.. the toad flesh was clossing in to the window.. so itachi use his amaterasu to opened that window before it will consume by the toad flesh..

    The sealing takes time.? but for me, it seem it is just a second to wrote those seals.. And does the amaterasu can burn instantly the hair mane jutsu of jiraiya.? a hair as strong as metal.? does the amaterasu has the power to burn a metal.? i never seen that in the manga..

    And does sasuke's susanoo arrows can pass through on jiraiya's hair mane jutsu.? i don't think so.. it was barely pass through on the bridge, so how come it can affect on metal.?

    Jiraiya's weakness is genjutsu.? really.? but the manga never shown that he caught by any genjutsu.. and he just stated that he wasn't a genjutsu type of ninja, but it doesn't mean that he was useless/helpless against genjutsu..

    ---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Meh i can't belive i am stating this but Sasuke stomps. Sasuke looks at him and states "Amaterasu" = JMan dies screaming..
    So jiraiya is genin to you then..? wow.. your scenario is really awesome..

  9. #54
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    That's really the problem is, he can definitely kick that window to escape, but you failed to notice the distance between them and the wall.. the toad flesh was clossing in to the window.. so itachi use his amaterasu to opened that window before it will consume by the toad flesh..

    The sealing takes time.? but for me, it seem it is just a second to wrote those seals.. And does the amaterasu can burn instantly the hair mane jutsu of jiraiya.? a hair as strong as metal.? does the amaterasu has the power to burn a metal.? i never seen that in the manga..

    And does sasuke's susanoo arrows can pass through on jiraiya's hair mane jutsu.? i don't think so.. it was barely pass through on the bridge, so how come it can affect on metal.?

    Jiraiya's weakness is genjutsu.? really.? but the manga never shown that he caught by any genjutsu.. and he just stated that he wasn't a genjutsu type of ninja, but it doesn't mean that he was useless/helpless against genjutsu..

    ---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------



    So jiraiya is genin to you then..? wow.. your scenario is really awesome..
    Wow your arguments are so overpowering(like always) but still perhaps you can tell me how is JMan going to evade a amaterasu forming in his face?

    PS. Before you say i am a Sasuke fanboy or JMan hater i whant you to know that i absolutly love JMan and i almost stoped reading the manga when he died.

    PPS. On the fact that you belive it can't burn metal. The databook states it burns with the temperature of the damn Sun and the Manga showed it can burn fire, a toad belly that breaths fire itself, a huge Biju, a damn concrete wall. Even if we asume it could hold (the hair) there is no way JMan would put it up in time considering you need max level of Raiton Armour Raikage to dodge it or take any action.

    PPPS. The manga does not need to show JMan not able to take genjutsu to prove he can't. The manga needs to show him overpowering genjutsu before he can. No feats for JMan in genjutsu = he is realy bad at it.
    Last edited by xXan; June 23, 2011 at 04:56 AM.

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #55
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Actually, Shii was able to tell that Sasuke was about to use the MS, so Jiraya could do the same and use the Hair mane no jutsu: Sure, it would burn through it, but in conjunction with a katon he could stop it.

    And Jiraya himself explained just because you aren't adept at genjutsu, it doesn't mean you can counter it.

    Also, Sasuke putting a frog in a genjutsu is easily counterable by Jiraya if he's riding them: he can just disrupt their chakra and break the genjutsu.
    Last edited by hakuthehedgehog; June 23, 2011 at 05:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  12. #56
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Actually, Shii was able to tell that Sasuke was about to use the MS, so Jiraya could do the same and use the Hair mane no jutsu: Sure, it would burn through it, but in conjunction with a katon he could stop it.

    And Jiraya himself explained just because you aren't adept at genjutsu, it doesn't mean you can counter it.

    Also, Sasuke putting a frog in a genjutsu is easily counterable by Jiraya if he's riding them: he can just disrupt their chakra and break the genjutsu.
    Seriously people do you even read the Tournament rules before posting here? JMan does not even know what Amaterasu is.

    Shi had info on amaterasu and knew Sasuke has it. JMan does not.

    Also they figured out Amaterasu was going to be used at any time because of his eyes:
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-31674-...apter-463.html

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-31674-...apter-463.html

    JMan does not know MS or what abilities Sasuke has so its completly irrelevant. Even if we asume JMan is going to magicaly find out Amaterasu is coming what is he going to do? Cover himself in hair? Amaterasu would cover him completly and even he needs air or he will die. The high temperature will turn that iron hair in a damn cooking pot.

    Now considering Sasuke put Danzo in genjutsu and Bee i see nothing that would prove it would not work on JMan.
    Last edited by xXan; June 23, 2011 at 06:52 AM.

  13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #57
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Wow your arguments are so overpowering(like always) but still perhaps you can tell me how is JMan going to evade a amaterasu forming in his face?.
    So sasuke will going to use his amaterasu at the beginning of this fight.? I'm just wondering why you keep on insisting that sasuke will going to fight anyone the way he fought danzo.. That he will going to use his MS power at the beginning of his fight.. You keep on changing his fighting style that he will going to fight anyone with revenge..

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PPS. On the fact that you belive it can't burn metal. The databook states it burns with the temperature of the damn Sun and the Manga showed it can burn fire, a toad belly that breaths fire itself, a huge Biju, a damn concrete wall. Even if we asume it could hold (the hair) there is no way JMan would put it up in time considering you need max level of Raiton Armour Raikage to dodge it or take any action..
    Nah.. maybe it can burn jiraiya's hair mane jutsu, but it's not really instantly.. It takes alot amount of time to burn the metal and all jiraiya needs to do is to seal that fire in an instant.. He can make his hair mane jutsu as a shield at the same time to attack..

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PPPS. The manga does not need to show JMan not able to take genjutsu to prove he can't. The manga needs to show him overpowering genjutsu before he can. No feats for JMan in genjutsu = he is realy bad at it.
    The manga never shown that he hasn't any feats on genjutsu but at the same time he isn't bad at it either.. so it was a 50/50.. So you can't assume that he will caught by any sasuke's genjutsu..

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #58
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Well, as usual, the best way to see how this can go is to answer those questions:

    - Can Jiraiya do something against Tsukiyomi?
    As far as we know, Jiraiya is not really good with genjutsu. I get the feeling that he's not foolish enough to look directly in the eyes of an Uchiha, but really, he would be in a big disadvantage against it.
    Although, he knows how to get away from a genjutsu (since he taught Naruto), and Sasuke's Tsukiyomi is way way inferior to Itachi's.

    - Can Jiraiya do something against Amaterasu?
    Let's just be honest here, Jiraiya, even in Sage Mode is not quick enough to evade a Amaterasu only by running.
    (Don't include the example of Sasuke running to avoid Itachi's. We all know Itachi was not fighting 100% here, and didn't even wanted to kill him!)
    And, I can't see anything that he could put in front of him that would take the damage instead of him.

    - Can Jiraiya do something against Susanoo?
    Jiraiya might be able to deal a blow that would go through Susanno, with his ultimate rasengan, but that's about it.
    I don't think he's quick enough to avoid the arrow neither.

    ----

    To sum it up, even if Jiraiya is my favorite character and that I like the guy... my opinion is that he would probably lose against Sasuke right now.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #59
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    @bhasty

    Quote Quote:
    So sasuke will going to use his amaterasu at the beginning of this fight.? I'm just wondering why you keep on insisting that sasuke will going to fight anyone the way he fought danzo.. That he will going to use his MS power at the beginning of his fight.. You keep on changing his fighting style that he will going to fight anyone with revenge..
    No, not off the bat. He will start with Susano like vs that Hoke babe, Gaara, Danzou and Kakashi. 1 arrow would be enough to kill JMan as he never showed speed above Kakashi (in normal mode) but let's say he dodges it, the next time is amaterasu to the face. Same thing he has done vs Danzo. Sasuke entire fighting style is based on hate an revange, its irrelevant who he is fighting against.

    Sasuke is already spaming MS like crazy and now with EMS there is no reason to fear not using them as his eyes are not going to fail.

    Quote Quote:
    Nah.. maybe it can burn jiraiya's hair mane jutsu, but it's not really instantly.. It takes alot amount of time to burn the metal and all jiraiya needs to do is to seal that fire in an instant.. He can make his hair mane jutsu as a shield at the same time to attack..
    1-He will never have the time to put it up unless you can post evidence from JMan having speed on Raikage+raiton armour. Also JMan would not even know what it is to form any defence vs it.
    2-He can't do hand seals and remove his scroll from the back when he is covered in that hair as it is close to his body. The hair would also burn close to instantly if Sasuke is focusing on it. He already burned crep that was design to rezist fire in or close to a second.

    The first step here is to prove JMan has Raiton Raikage level of reflexes as if you can't the rest is irrelevant.

    Quote Quote:
    The manga never shown that he hasn't any feats on genjutsu but at the same time he isn't bad at it either.. so it was a 50/50.. So you can't assume that he will caught by any sasuke's genjutsu..
    No, its not 50/50 its 0/100. Show me him taking 1 genjutsu. Naruto learned from him and got completly owned by Itachi.

    Now also prove to me he is better at it then Danzo or Bee.


    @THM Nindo

    Quote Quote:
    - Can Jiraiya do something against Amaterasu?
    Let's just be honest here, Jiraiya, even in Sage Mode is not quick enough to evade a Amaterasu only by running.
    (Don't include the example of Sasuke running to avoid Itachi's. We all know Itachi was not fighting 100% here, and didn't even wanted to kill him!)
    And, I can't see anything that he could put in front of him that would take the damage instead of him.
    This is a mistake that i keep seeing around here. In that instance Itachi used the already used flames of Amaterasu that where around(casted before to stop Sasuke's fireball and that was casted at a distance from Sasuke) to chase Sasuke down. Sasuke never dodged or run away from a amaterasu that formed in his face.
    Last edited by xXan; June 23, 2011 at 09:23 AM.

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #60
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Based on the arguments I've seen, I have to go with the Uchiha.

  21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts