Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sasuke

    60 41.10%
  • Jiraiya

    86 58.90%
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 274

Thread: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

  1. #61
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    I don't think it would be nearly as easy a win for Sasuke as some are making out, but I think Sasuke would eventually prevail. After all, he has EMS now and has shown proficiency with all of it's techniques.

    The reason I think this would be close is because Jiraiya has such a variety of ninjutsu. In Sage Mode I think Jiraiya could push Sasuke to rely on Susanoo like he had to when he was facing the Raikage's brute strength. Then there's Jiraiya's sage mode genjutsu which seemed fairly powerful (unless owning a Rinnegan doesn't offer up some kind of minor defense against genjutsu). And of course, Jiraiya has a wealth of summons too: those three huge frog fighters and Ma and Pa toad.

    If Jiraiya could hold his own in a fight where he was severely outnumbered (Konan, 6 Paths of Pain, and multiple summons) and had little information beforehand on the enemies abilities, I think he would last a while against Sasuke, but eventually be overwhelmed.

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #62
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,709
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    That's really the problem is, he can definitely kick that window to escape, but you failed to notice the distance between them and the wall.. the toad flesh was clossing in to the window.. so itachi use his amaterasu to opened that window before it will consume by the toad flesh..
    What I failed to notice is that infamous window UR talking about...I mean Jiraiya was surprised that they managed to get out from the stomach, not that they managed to outrun the wall of flesh...that implies that if there was a window, then it would've been covered by the wall of flesh...that's why Itachi used his Amaterasu....

  4. #63
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    *sigh* Fanboys will allow Sasuke to win this, when OBVIOUSLY he wouldn't stand a chance against Jiraiya's stamina, knowledge, and chakra reserves.

    Pain said it best, if Jiraiya knew about all 6 paths of Pain...

    Pain would have loss. So yeah...whatever.

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #64
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    ^Why don't you read some of the arguments before you insult all the people giving rational explanations as to why Jiraiya can't win.

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #65
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by The Exalted View Post
    *sigh* Fanboys will allow Sasuke to win this, when OBVIOUSLY he wouldn't stand a chance against Jiraiya's stamina, knowledge, and chakra reserves.

    Pain said it best, if Jiraiya knew about all 6 paths of Pain...

    Pain would have loss. So yeah...whatever.
    I'm actually a Jiraiya fanboy and hate Sasuke with passion.
    But, I'm still voting for Sasuke, because I honestly think that he would beat Jiraiya.

    Jiraiya just doesn't have the tool to avoid Tsukiyomi, Amaterasu and Susanoo.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #66
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I'm actually a Jiraiya fanboy and hate Sasuke with passion.
    But, I'm still voting for Sasuke, because I honestly think that he would beat Jiraiya.

    Jiraiya just doesn't have the tool to avoid Tsukiyomi, Amaterasu and Susanoo.
    I'd say base Jiraya can't really avoid amaterasu, IMO, He can hinder Susano'o's movement with his hair tech, and Sasuke's Tsukiyomi doesn't seem an instant kill like Itachi's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  11. #67
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Even if Jiraiya could hinder Susanoo's movements, that wouldn't stop Sasuke from simply launching Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi at him while he's immobile. And Sasuke already showed he has the ability to use genjutsu to instantly knock a person out. That's just as good as an instant kill.

  12. #68
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Hinder Susanoo's movements? Lol, what movements? It doesn't move. It just swings it's arms and shoots arrows. I mean, I guess if Sasuke walked forward it would go with, but I doubt it.

    Unless you mean he'll hit him with a strong enough jutsu for him to block with Susanoo that'll keep him immobile. To which I say he can destroy his oncoming jutsu with Amaterasu, meaning he doesn't require Susanoo to defend when he can burn right through Jiraiya's own attacks. Katon atleast.


    Quote Originally Posted by juUnior
    The same way he did against Pain: by using summons to help him, of course.
    You mean the summons that Sasuke will take control of with Genjutsu and make fight Jiraiya? Or the summons that Sasuke can one-shot with Chidori Eisou?
    Last edited by ninjabot; June 23, 2011 at 03:31 PM.

  13. #69
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by The Exalted View Post
    *sigh* Fanboys will allow Sasuke to win this, when OBVIOUSLY he wouldn't stand a chance against Jiraiya's stamina, knowledge, and chakra reserves.

    Pain said it best, if Jiraiya knew about all 6 paths of Pain...

    Pain would have loss. So yeah...whatever.
    If I voted based on fanboyism, I'd have said Jiraiya wins. Others would have as well l.
    Rather than blame fanboyism, why not provide explanation why you think Jiraiya would win? Unless you can't find any and are just unhappy Jiraiya will lose.

    Pain is not Sasuke, he's less intelligent. It's about match-ups and this match is worse for Jiraiya.

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #70
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    This is strange for me, because in my mind, Sasuke's character is currently near-blind and in limbo until we see otherwise. Does Sasuke actually have Itachi's eyes? We're talking about Madara here, who has made a hobby of lying to people. We already know he's lied to Sasuke to some extent (with his comment to Zetsu that he wants Sasuke to be a pawn for Gedo Mazo). And what if he has EMS? Again, the only person who should know anything about EMS is Madara, the notorious liar. The general idea seems to be that once Sasuke has MS, he can spam sharingan techniques to his heart's content without going blind, but is that 100% true? Obviously there is the revolving-door issue of Madara's abilities and why he, a supposed EMS user, only uses genjutsu and his S/T technique (there are 100 possible reasons; be it he's not the real Madara, he had to use Izanagi on his EMS eyes, etc). Right now, EMS, to me, is like the old 'obvious rule' that you can only gain EMS by killing your best friend. We know that's not actually true. Not saying I necessarily think there's a high chance Sasuke will eventually be shown without EMS, but even if he does have EMS, we really have no precedent to say how powerful it is.

    So until the Manga shows he actually has EMS and what its power actually is, I'm inclined to think of this as Jiraiya (when he fought Pain) versus Sasuke as he was when he fought Danzou. Lots of unanswerables, here -- would Swamp of the Underworld be able to sink and hold Susano'o itself? Danzou's summon's wind technique was able to directly affect Susano'o. We also haven't seen if Susano'o can be independently affected by Genjutsu (it seems to react independently of its user's thoughts, so there's no reason it shouldn't be possible). I don't think Sasuke can take Jiraiya without Susano'o in full force.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #71
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Whether the manga has proven that Sasuke has EMS doesn't matter for the tournament because he has been given it as per the rules. Just like how Nagato is healthy and in his own body rather than having his Pein realms, and how Itachi's blindness is removed.

  18. #72
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryokahn View Post
    This is strange for me, because in my mind, Sasuke's character is currently near-blind and in limbo until we see otherwise. Does Sasuke actually have Itachi's eyes? We're talking about Madara here, who has made a hobby of lying to people. We already know he's lied to Sasuke to some extent (with his comment to Zetsu that he wants Sasuke to be a pawn for Gedo Mazo). And what if he has EMS? Again, the only person who should know anything about EMS is Madara, the notorious liar. The general idea seems to be that once Sasuke has MS, he can spam sharingan techniques to his heart's content without going blind, but is that 100% true? Obviously there is the revolving-door issue of Madara's abilities and why he, a supposed EMS user, only uses genjutsu and his S/T technique (there are 100 possible reasons; be it he's not the real Madara, he had to use Izanagi on his EMS eyes, etc). Right now, EMS, to me, is like the old 'obvious rule' that you can only gain EMS by killing your best friend. We know that's not actually true. Not saying I necessarily think there's a high chance Sasuke will eventually be shown without EMS, but even if he does have EMS, we really have no precedent to say how powerful it is.

    So until the Manga shows he actually has EMS and what its power actually is, I'm inclined to think of this as Jiraiya (when he fought Pain) versus Sasuke as he was when he fought Danzou. Lots of unanswerables, here -- would Swamp of the Underworld be able to sink and hold Susano'o itself? Danzou's summon's wind technique was able to directly affect Susano'o. We also haven't seen if Susano'o can be independently affected by Genjutsu (it seems to react independently of its user's thoughts, so there's no reason it shouldn't be possible). I don't think Sasuke can take Jiraiya without Susano'o in full force.
    There's really no reason to believe that Sasuke doesn't have EMS. Anyway, Sasuke wouldn't need Susanoo to counter Swamp of the Underworld, all he would need to do is use his Chidori Current to negate the doton nor use it to deal with Jiraiya's summons. Jiraiya's slower and defensively weaker then Ee, so Sasuke should have little effort landing an attack on him.

  19. #73
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Still so many assumptions -- so how does chidori nagashi really affect swamp of the underworld? Using Chidori nagashi to 'disarm' earth-element bombs, makes sense. We've also seen where raiton techniques can easily pierce earth-based techniques -- okay, sounds good. How does it work out practically in this case? Swamp of the Underworld is a technique under Sasuke's footing -- so what does Chidori Nagashi do? Negate the ground below him? So what, would he fall into the swamp (though not be stuck, per se).

    And again, the question isn't about using Swamp of the Underworld on Sasuke -- it's about using it specifically on Susano'o, as a counter.

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #74
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Well, sasuke could handle the raikage so it is very clear he is in jiraiya's league. I doubt jiraiya would have an easy time even with HM. Susanoo, controlled amaterasu, a still weak tsukioyomi.... Even kakashi could not actually dodge the arrows from susanoo, he had to waste a third of his chakra with MS to live. I have to go for sasuke here, the kid is damn strong and on top of that has those very useful MS techniques.

  22. #75
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    You mean the summons that Sasuke will take control of with Genjutsu and make fight Jiraiya? Or the summons that Sasuke can one-shot with Chidori Eisou?
    You mean Sasuke can control multiple Summons? Okay.. lol
    Ohh you mean Summons that can withstand alot of damage can be 1shot by Chidori, because its Sasuke? Ohh come on.. Shinra tensei couldnt dispose of them, why the hell would chidori do so?

    Not gonna argue that Sasuke is going to win this regardless of the arguments for various reasons, but stop bringing up bullshit mate, Jiraiya isnt going to be as easy as your trying to make it sound.

    ---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, sasuke could handle the raikage so it is very clear he is in jiraiya's league. I doubt jiraiya would have an easy time even with HM. Susanoo, controlled amaterasu, a still weak tsukioyomi.... Even kakashi could not actually dodge the arrows from susanoo, he had to waste a third of his chakra with MS to live. I have to go for sasuke here, the kid is damn strong and on top of that has those very useful MS techniques.
    Jiraiya WILL have a hard time against Sasuke, and he will eventually die, but make no mistake, this isnt going to be a walk in the park for Sasuke, this isnt Tenten or the likes.

    -I know i said i was going to stay out of Uchiha fights, but the posts in here are extremely ridiculous.

    ---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by The Exalted View Post
    *sigh* Fanboys will allow Sasuke to win this, when OBVIOUSLY he wouldn't stand a chance against Jiraiya's stamina, knowledge, and chakra reserves.

    Pain said it best, if Jiraiya knew about all 6 paths of Pain...

    Pain would have loss. So yeah...whatever.
    I love Jiraiya, but witht he current Sasuke, he has no chance of winning, considering that SM takes time to enter for him and the frog song does too, his two aces arent going to be a huge factor when someone as fast as sasuke.

    If there was a place for him to prepare, like a tunnel etc, then yes He would have a chance to beat Sasuke, but in an open field, nada.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts