Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sasuke

60 41.10%
  • Jiraiya

86 58.90%
Thread Closed
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    I've seen all the fights. And I read the manga constantly. I might forget one detail or another, and you have some good points. My point is that Amaterasu is being overhyped. Period. Nowhere in the manga have I seen evidence of this supreme atomic weapon of a jutsu that people keep comparing to God farting on you and you instantly explode and die. No one has died from it. It's like people are comparing it's effects to the Scorch Element. Now that jutsu instantaneously cooks you, not Amaterasu.
    Amaterasu is not an "exploding" attack. It doesn't pack a lot of force or power. What makes it deadly is its instantaneous speed and that the flames can't be extinguished. Jiraiya is only flesh and blood. He can't survive getting consumed by regular flames much less the more destructive black flames.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    I've seen all the fights. And I read the manga constantly. I might forget one detail or another, and you have some good points. My point is that Amaterasu is being overhyped. Period. Nowhere in the manga have I seen evidence of this supreme atomic weapon of a jutsu that people keep comparing to God farting on you and you instantly explode and die. No one has died from it. It's like people are comparing it's effects to the Scorch Element. Now that jutsu instantaneously cooks you, not Amaterasu.
    It never killed because all the peeps that whent against it had counters to it. Something that JMan does not.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraya could put his hair in front of Sasuke's amaterasu: that should stop it at least once, since he can create absurd amounts of hair in a short notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Jiraya could put his hair in front of Sasuke's amaterasu: that should stop it at least once, since he can create absrud amounts of hair.
    It's also Jiraiya's fastest jutsu. It's the perfect counter for Amaterasu. Couldn't agree with you more. Hair shield and he can just cut the hair off and regrow it again. Flawless!

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not talking about the needle hair barrage, I'm talking about the jutsu he used to grab animal path when they first fought.
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd think that a huge amount of hair would be needed to stop amaterasu, but maybe that could work.
    LMFAO

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Still, the Lion's Mane was fast enough to grab Pain, even if he did use the Substitution. Though I think that the Underworld Spines is his best bet. A super fast, regenerative shield that can be removed easily from his body. 'Nough said.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

This is how Amaterasu forms right in front of you:
    http://manga.animea.net/naruto-chapter-463-page-12.html
    And that is what you need to even move a finger. Raikage was using his already natural speed that is above JMan, added to that raiton armour level 2 that was a blur before Minato and then added shunshin no jutsu to move away, you can even see Raikage creating after images from the speed he was using ... You people actualy belive JMan is going to notice the amaterasu and have time to cover himself with his hair? Right because he has lvl 2 Raiton Armour Raikage level of reflexes and that hair moves so fast to create after images and completly DISAPEAR from a sharigan sight like Raikage .. Keep trying people.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya's not moving. His hair grows practically instantly around him. There's a difference. He doesn't have to move. And reflexes can be faster than movement. You can blink faster than you can sidestep. Hell, you can probably duck faster than you can sidestep. Amaterasu's speed is being overestimated.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Kirby
    Still, the Lion's Mane was fast enough to grab Pain, even if he did use the Substitution. Though I think that the Underworld Spines is his best bet. A super fast, regenerative shield that can be removed easily from his body. 'Nough said.

How can you be sure Jiraiya's hair will regrow? Just because he can stretch it out for the use of a jutsu doesn't mean it can regenerate. I mean, Chouji can grow his arms out, but if you cut his arm off, he's not gonna grow another one. On top of that, if he manages to grab Sasuke with his hair then activating Susanoo means he can just rip it right off of him. Even worse, since they'd be connected to eachother by hair, he can easily drop an Amaterasu on Jiraiya or crush him with Susanoo.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    How can you be sure Jiraiya's hair will regrow? Just because he can stretch it out for the use of a jutsu doesn't mean it can regenerate. I mean, Chouji can grow his arms out, but if you cut his arm off, he's not gonna grow another one. On top of that, if he manages to grab Sasuke with his hair then activating Susanoo means he can just rip it right off of him. Even worse, since they'd be connected to eachother by hair, he can easily drop an Amaterasu on Jiraiya or crush him with Susanoo.
    Seriously? Seriously, dude? You're comparing cutting off an arm with cutting off hair? He grows his hair. If his hair is cut, he can merely perform the jutsu again and grow his hair. Hair. It regenerates on its own. Chakra merely makes it grow faster and harder in order to attack and defend with it.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Why you all are even entertaining this "Amaterasu never burned through the toad' stomach" when Jiraiya himself already stated that it did is beyond me...I think it's safe to say that that particular person will not be convinced that Sasuke can defeat Jiraiya, lol
    Why.? because all of you are overpowering the amaterasu so much.. Read again that fight, before itachi use his amaterasu, we've seen the freaking window and not the toad flesh itself.. now, look at the hole, it is where the window place is. and regarding on jiraiya's statement, im pretty sure it was so obvious that jiraiya was on the other hallway, so why would he knows that itachi burn the window and not the toad flesh before it was closing in to the window.?

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    So why does chakra cost matter...Sasuke has enough chakra to deal with a cannon ball, and he can still cast Amaterasu...not to mention that the spitting that ball is nowhere near as fast as a Susano'o arrow...and why would height matter when it comes down to Amaterasu, which is doujutsu, the fire appears where the user focuses?
    er

I've never seen amaterasu has been fired in such a long distance.. If yes, then can you show it to me.? because it seem that amaterasu doesn't have a limit in distance.. overpowering so much, aren't you.? comparing the focuses "stuff" of amaterasu on kakashi's kamui is really ridiculous..

In a split second after summoning Manda Sasuke cast genjutsu on it...Bunta won't even have time to prepare jumping and he will be under genjutsu
    Oh, really.? so when jiraiya summon bunta and before he will going to jump sasuke will going to cast him with genjutsu..? wow.. that was awesome..

Also the size of the hole and the size of the window are not the same size...after Amaterasu was cast, the entire wall went missing, while the window was just a tiny opening on the wall...please check the pages and compare
    Huh.? the entire wall.? where.? i've never seen that in that chapter.. The hole was where the window place.. sigh..

Why didn't it consume all the toad flesh? Because Jiraiya sealed it that's why
    Nahh.. look at the flame of amaterasu, does it consumed the toad flesh instantly.? as in the way it consume/burn the hachibi.? a big NO..
    it was just partially burn the small amount of flesh around the hole..

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Not able to keep up with Killerbee? Did you miss him dodging his chakra shroud mode? He states that his linear movement makes it easy for him to dodge. He got shredded by Bee's swords before he boosted his speed only because of his unorthodox fighting style. Likewise there the little problem of Jiraiya actually reaching Sage Mode in the first place. .
    Huh.? sasuke was able to keep up with killerbee..? really..? dodging a straight attack is the power of the sharingan.. Infact, sasuke was stated at that time that he doesn't have any prblem avoiding the straight attack of bee because of his sharingan.. And by the way, maybe you're the one who miss what sasuke told karin to sense bee's chakra so that HE WILL KNOW WHERE BEE WAS GOING TO ATTACK.. is that what you mean about able to keep up with bee.?

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    Why.? because all of you are overpowering the amaterasu so much.. Read again that fight, before itachi use his amaterasu, we've seen the freaking window and not the toad flesh itself.. now, look at the hole, it is where the window place is. and regarding on jiraiya's statement, im pretty sure it was so obvious that jiraiya was on the other hallway, so why would he knows that itachi burn the window and not the toad flesh before it was closing in to the window.?
    OK, because I'm tired of reading this...I'm going to attempt to use logic to explain this to you.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-153-4/...apter-148.html

Here we see the window. The window has a specific shape, correct? You can see the flesh around it.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-153-6/...apter-148.html

Here we see Jiraiya DIRECTLY refuting your claim. He states that the wall of flesh was surely torn apart by them.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-153-7/...apter-148.html

Here we see the hole formed by Amaterasu. It's not the same shape as the window, and we see the flames on the flesh.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-153-8/...apter-148.html

Here we see Jiraiya state AGAIN that the flesh was burned.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-153-9/...apter-148.html

Here we see the burn marks on the flesh.

Quote Quote:
    er

I've never seen amaterasu has been fired in such a long distance.. If yes, then can you show it to me.? because it seem that amaterasu doesn't have a limit in distance.. overpowering so much, aren't you.? comparing the focuses "stuff" of amaterasu on kakashi's kamui is really ridiculous..
    Amaterasu has never been stated to have a range limitation. It was simply "it ignites whatever the user is looking at" I find it hard to believe that Sasuke wouldn't see a freaking summon. When he attacked Bee, he wasn't right up on Bee, they were running away from him and Suigetsu had been fighting him off to give them time to escape.

Quote Quote:
    Oh, really.? so when jiraiya summon bunta and before he will going to jump sasuke will going to cast him with genjutsu..? wow.. that was awesome..
    If he could summon Manda, place him under genjutsu, and escape within him from Deidara's explosion while only taking the damage he took, it's not a stretch to say that he could place Bunta under genjutsu, especially since Bunta isn't going to instantly take to the air and begin attacking.

Quote Quote:
    Huh.? the entire wall.? where.? i've never seen that in that chapter.. The hole was where the window place.. sigh..
    Links above. You can see the differences in shapes between the window and the hole in the wall. At this point, you have to be trolling.

Quote Quote:
    Nahh.. look at the flame of amaterasu, does it consumed the toad flesh instantly.? as in the way it consume/burn the hachibi.? a big NO..
    Not sure what you're saying, but no, Amaterasu doesn't instantly burn into nothingness whatever it ignites. It takes time to burn, yes, but it eventually consumes all. That's why the Samurai had to have their armor removed, that's why the Raikage chose to chop off his arm, and that's why Bee was in pain in the first place. Obviously, depending on what it is, it takes more or less time to completely consume it, this is only logical.

Quote Quote:
    it was just partially burn the small amount of flesh around the hole..
    Did you just go from saying that it didn't burn the flesh at all to it "partially burned" the flesh? At any rate, the pics above already show that the shapes aren't the same; considering we saw the flames on the flesh, AND Jiraiya stated that the flesh was burned, I don't see why you're still arguing this point.

Quote Quote:
    Huh.? sasuke was able to keep up with killerbee..? really..? dodging a straight attack is the power of the sharingan.. Infact, sasuke was stated at that time that he doesn't have any prblem avoiding the straight attack of bee because of his sharingan.. And by the way, maybe you're the one who miss what sasuke told karin to sense bee's chakra so that HE WILL KNOW WHERE BEE WAS GOING TO ATTACK.. is that what you mean about able to keep up with bee.?
    ...Sasuke told Karin to sense Bee's chakra so that the team would know where Bee was going to attack...so that Karin and the others could dodge. Notice that this was after Bee chose to attack the rest of Taka rather than Sasuke. Sasuke had already stated that he had no trouble dodging the attacks thanks to his Sharingan.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

If Jiraiya did try to do a katon jutsu against Amaterasu, he'd lose since Amaterasu can devour fire and all. One of the reasons why Jiraiya could seal Amaterasu away was because he had the time to do so since he wasn't being attacked or in any danger of being attacked.

And apparently Amaterasu is instantaneous enough that Raikage needed to use raiton clock-charged, increased chakra-level shunshin to avoid it. Sure, Amaterasu is being overhyped, but it's not that overhyped.

Thread Closed
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast