Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sasuke

60 41.10%
  • Jiraiya

86 58.90%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya vs Sasuke

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

Jiraiya is a renown man of many names and holds a reputation as a shinobi of enormous power. He often summons toads in battle, one of his most famous summons is the giant frog Gamabunta, but his perhaps greatest and most powerful summons are the Elder Frogs, Shima and Fukasaku who can help Jiraiya get into his most powerful form, Sage Mode, to greatly enhance his abilities and body. Both in and outside of Sage Mode Jiraiya has a vast arsenal of techniques like the hair needle, lion mane, swamp of the underworld and fire element techniques. Jiraiya is also able to produce oil, powerful genjutsu while in Sage Mode, perform advanced sealing techniques, create powerful barriers and last but not least, he's able to perform the Rasengan.

A noted genius and one of the last surviving members of the Uchiha clan, Sasuke has spent the majority of his life driven by a desire for power and revenge. While the target of his revenge has changed over time from his older brother Itachi to the Elders of Konoha, Sasuke remains resolute to eliminating anyone he perceives as standing in the way of his revenge.
    As a member of the formidable Uchiha clan, Sasuke possesses the renowned Sharingan and after receiving his brothers eyes, was able to gain the mysterious EMS. Sasuke uses his high intellect in battle to analyze his opponent and come up with tactics and traps to counter them. In addition, Sasuke employs his various Katon and Raiton ninjutsu along with some skilled swordsmanship to fight effectively against any opponent.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

This is going to be.. INTERESTING
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke has the advantage in this match:

1. If summons are used he will take control of them
    2. His bird summon will allow him to snipe Jiraiya with Amaterasu from in the air
    3. Close range combat is no good. Sasuke has Chidori Nagashi, a super fast Susanoo, and sharingan's prediction ability
    4. Kirin is unavoidable

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on! the results are going to be close out of popularity. Sasuke will obviously soon be able to snap Jiraya as if he were nothing (to surpass Naruto for a little, so the main character gets to be the underdog) but now is a whole different thing.

Itachi said he would be beaten by Jiraya, translations vary whether he considered or not Kismae as team when facing the sannin, this tends to be subject of massive obnoxiousness on my part by rubbing it on my friends who prefer Itachi yet, in all honesty, it's a short witted argument (it is grounded yet plain). However, it does present that Sasuke doesn't stand a chance for he didn't do so with Itachi; unless people believe the present Sasuke can defeat the present Itachi (who acknowledged Jiraya as a frightening match, meaning close or superior to him) the clear winner should logically be J-man.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; June 22, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hauradrims3's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenheadedmirror View Post
    Come on! the results are going to be close out of popularity. Sasuke will obviously soon be able to snap Jiraya as if he were nothing (to surpass Naruto for a little, so the main character gets to be the underdog) but now is a whole different thing.

Itachi said he would be beaten by Jiraya, translations vary whether he considered or not Kismae as team when facing the sannin, this tends to be subject of massive obnoxiousness on my part by rubbing it on my friends who prefer Itachi yet, in all honesty, it's a short witted argument (it is grounded yet plain). However, it does present that Sasuke doesn't stand a chance for he didn't do so with Itachi; unless people believe the present Sasuke can defeat the present Itachi (who acknowledged Jiraya as a frightening match, meaning close or superior to him) the clear winner should logically be J-man.
    Itachi, who had no info whatsoever to base a comparison of jiraiyas abilities against his concluded that he, kisame and several other akatsuki reinforcements would at best tie vs jiraiya. I think he be trollin.

10. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, you mods...lol.What a match up?At any other stage in the manga,i would not of given sasuke a snowball in hell
    chance.However jiraiya been a longtime dead.We've seen his jutsu and we've seen what sasuke capable of to date.
    Still i won't cast my vote just yet.I like Jman but sasike might get this one at a struggle...well see

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke wins this. While he may not have as much chakra as Jiraiya, he showed in his fight with Danzo that he was able to use five MS techniques alongside several of his normal techniques without getting close to being low on chakra. But more importantly, Sasuke can use his tactical genius to trick and lure Jiraiya right into his trap, especially if he employs his genjutsu abilities. We've seen Sasuke use it while moving and from a significant distance away, so he would be able to use it on Jiraiya at any time during the battle without Jiraiya being wise to it.

In close combat, Sasuke can use his great speed to close the distance between him and Jiraiya real quick and go in for the strike with his Chidori Sword while avoiding any taijutsu or ninjutsu from Jiraiya. Jiraiya has nothing to guard against a lightning infused sword with, meaning all he would be able to do to avoid it is dodge. If Sasuke is pushed in a corner while fighting in close combat, he can use his Chidori Current to give himself some room while paralyzing Jiraiya or Susanoo if he doesn't want to take a risk. From there he can simply crush Jiraiya using Susanoo's fist. Sasuke's ability to generate a lightning current from his body for protection means that he would be able to negate Jiraiya's Swamp of the Underworld and his Sharingan would allow him to avoid any attempts at being touched by Jiraiya while allowing Sasuke to get in close to land his own attack.

Long distance, Sasuke can attack using his various katon and raiton techniques while keeping Jiraiya away. He can also employ his summoning tools to eliminate any clones and manipulate Jiraiya into going where he wants him to go. Sasuke can also activate Susanoo so that he can strike with it's arrows before Jiraiya has the chance to act. If Jiraiya summons a toad, depending on it's size and whether or not Sasuke decided to take control of it using genjutsu, Sasuke can either knock it out with his Lion Combo for the smaller toads and use his Chidori Spear or Amaterasu for the larger toad. If Jiraiya does the impossible and summons all the toads to the field, then Sasuke merely has to defend until Kirin is ready and eliminate all the toads and Jiraiya in the same instant.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

If Jiraya uses Toad belly and summons the frog that has the acid inside him and make him suck him, then Sasuke would be trapped inside with no way of coming back.

But then again, without insight on his abilities, especially amaterasu, I guess Sasuke wins this.
    Last edited by hakuthehedgehog; June 22, 2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya wouldn't be able to trap Sasuke using the Toad Stomach in the first place, since they're fighting outdoors and there's no walls to seal him in.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    This is going to be.. INTERESTING
    Haha yeah...well as closer we get to the ending of this tournament, we will slowly start discussing matches that were created in the Konohagakure Arena as well...so my question is...am I infinitely naive in thinking that this thread will be pretty much dead, because this matchup has been discussed several times, so all the arguments are depleted?

Anyways...I'm leaning towards Sasuke here, just because of his MS jutsus...and we know he likes to use them from the start, so...Susanoo is pretty durable, Amaterasu is prettyy much instant...
    The thing is that Jiraiya has some pretty nice power jutsus...like Gamayu Endan, which could make Susanoo weaker or at least keep it in check...Sage Mode is pretty useful as well, I'm just remembering all those giant rasengans...he has speed attack as well...

It's tough, because both are impressive shinobi with some powerful stuff in their arsenal, but I think Sasuke has the edge here...in terms of fighting skill they are on the same level, so it all goes down to the each fighter's specialty...and I think Sasuke's specialty is stronger than Jiraiya's

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    If Jiraya uses Toad belly and summons the frog that has the acid inside him and make him suck him, then Sasuke would be trapped inside with no way of coming back.

But then again, without insight on his abilities, especially amaterasu, I guess Sasuke wins this.
    The problem is people already escaped from that with the right ability...and Sasuke has the perfect counter for that

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Only a Sage on Naruto's level can compete with MS Sasuke. Jiraiya gets stomped to be honest.MS would be too much for Jiriaya considering Sasuke can spam it. Susanoo can block all and any attacks from Jiraiya, plus Enton/Amaterasu make a incredibly powerful offense. Jiraiya has not shown the defense,speed or good counter to deal with Amaterasu or genjutsu. Sasuke won’t give jiraiya the chance to enter HM, and in base jiraiya will only last but so long. Even if jiraiya does manage to enter HM avoiding Sasunoo arrows and amaterasu will be very difficult and eventually jiraiya will gets hit.

For jiraiya summons:

Sasuke cut through a biju so am 100% SURE he can cut bunta. The summons will have no answer to Sasuke Susano'o and Amaretsu used in conjunction - not to mention Sasuke's ability to fly.

jiriaya is old news, move on plz

Sasuke wins 8/10
    Minato is the male barbie .Barbie is popular for being pretty and Minato for being cool. Power wise compare to the top is just

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, I wanted to be the first to reply. For obvious reasons, lol.

Sasuke wins definitively thanks to having a decisive counter for everything in Jiraiya's repertoire aswell as base abilities that make him strong enough and fast enough to both outlast Jiraiya, beat him to the punch in many a jutsu, and survive attacks most ninja wouldn't be able to.

At close range they both have the same speed, but Jiraiya has higher taijutsu skill, meaning he would defeat him in a direct hand to hand clash... IF Sasuke didn't have a Sharingan. If he can defend against ninja immensely faster than him with his Sharingan then a ninja of the same speed level is nothing to him when it's activated. Jiraiya gets rocked at close range, only breaking the curb stomp via using his hair to fire needles out to get Sasuke off his back. That is, if he's not already paralyzed with Genjutsu.

In a clash of Ninjutsu Sasuke has the ability to predict what jutsu are being fired at him with his Sharingan by watching his handseals, allowing him to quickly perform his own handseals for a jutsu to overpower Jiraiya's (Gouryuuka is A rank, while Endan is like... B I think?), but Sasuke actually doesn't even need to overwhelm his katon with basic katon. He could have his Amaterasu burn through Jiraiya's katon and hit him. He could also defend against his projectile ninjutsu with Susanoo or by flying away with his hawk, which is also how he will escape Jiraiya's swamp (by either jumping and summoning the way Gai did in his most recent fight before the land beneath him goes sticky, or by having the hawk grab him and pull him out of the muck). Rasengan is a joke as Sasuke has no problem tracing Jiraiya's movements.

After all of his jutsu are countered Jiraiya would start summoning to protect himself while trying to activate Sage Mode, which results in the control of, or death of, multiple summons as he attempts to do so. Granted, If Sasuke took control of Bunta Jiraiya might be able to use Kai to break the control, but the amount of chakra it'd take to disrupt a giant summon's chakra would be substantially large I think. Also Chidori Eisou would be a one-shot kill for any giant summon. If it can amputate one of Bee's tentacles while they're in giant form it can cut through a giant toad's limbs/head with no problem. Even if it didn't, Amaterasu gets the job done.

Speaking of which, if at anytime the battlefield turns into a black sea of flame from a missed Amaterasu Sasuke has Kirin being prepped. Simply tanking attacks in Susanoo until the jutsu is prepped enough that he can drop Kirin gives him an auto win right there, as Jiraiya has no realistic defense against the jutsu.

23. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke wins this because he has the power of GodModeSue no Jutsu on his side.

j/k I'm going to wait to vote on this one, it's a tough decision...I want to see what others have to say.
    Rest in Peace, Pwncrow. You will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmyg View Post
    PS: Urial, how did you become a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Blackmailing and whoring. It's easy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mack's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, this is bad. I'm not stupid and i know Sasuke in this state is quite a big gun, but still, i did not vote for him. Why? because everytime when i compare these two, i see Jirayas knowledge and experience that would make Sasuke look like a total loser.

And yes, kill me, but this is my opinion.

Amaterasu: I bet Jiraya can handle it with ease. Avoid it, dodge it, whatever, then seal it.
    Susano: Jiraya has summonings and jutsus that i bet can make an opening through susano.
    Tsukuoymi: Jiraya would never fall for this. He is weak when it comes to genjutsu and still he has shown us the strongest genjutsu of all.
    Lightning: Jiraya would not be stupid to go against that or to wait for Kirin. He would try to escape these attacks, then figure out a strategy.

Emo loses to awesomness

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya wouldn't be able to trap Sasuke using the Toad Stomach in the first place, since they're fighting outdoors and there's no walls to seal him in.
    Jiraya can make them with a doton, or by using house-frog-no jutsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast