Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sasuke

    60 41.10%
  • Jiraiya

    86 58.90%
Thread Closed
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 274

Thread: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

  1. #151
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    @DementedKirby


    Quote Quote:
    Jiraiya's not moving. His hair grows practically instantly around him. There's a difference. He doesn't have to move. And reflexes can be faster than movement. You can blink faster than you can sidestep. Hell, you can probably duck faster than you can sidestep. Amaterasu's speed is being overestimated.
    I am starting to belive you just keep ignoring what i state to you:

    What JMan needs to do to even START growing the hair before Amaterasu hits him. He needs to replicate Raikage feat in:

    Raikage knew Amaterasu was coming before it happened and so he can dodge it he activate the max level of his Raiton armour that increases his reacting times to insane levels. Now you can post in your next reply how JMan has that level of reflexes to even START extending his hair K?

    Then what you need to prove before the hair can cover him.

    Raikage only had to move 1m to the left. The hair needs to grow and cover a man that has some 2 meters. That would probably be 6m to cover JMan on all sides. So you would need to prove (with link, stating with no link is irrelevant) that JMan's hair is some 6x times faster then raikage.

    @Dapreachor

    Quote Quote:
    every fight sasuke is involved in leads to lolz ms spam hur hur sasuke wins kkthxbai. I guess Jiraiya being able to seal amaretsu doesnt mean anything then. If jiraiya knows about the rinningan then im sure coming from konoha he would know about the sharingan's capabilities.
    First off read the Tournament rules and second try to set yourself on fire completly and then do you homework or write a paper when you are engulfed in flames because that is what you are sugesting JMan is going to do.

    Quote Quote:
    If he manages to get into sagemode then the fusion should prevent him being affected by genjutsu, and if the frog song works on the most noble dojutsu i'm pretty sure it will work on a sharingan. I voted on the j man just because once he is in sage mode he is: faster, stronger, smarter, more experienced, has better ninjutsu, and taijutsu.
    Great not if only you can prove JMan can enter Sage Mode when Sasuke can kill him with arrows before that happends (JMan in base form does not have better speed feats then Kakashi and Kakashi had to use Kamui to save his but) or 1 shot him with Amaterasu.


    @Shaunlim


    Quote Quote:
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...8/page013.html
    Not necessarily true since he can move about before using to make it more confusing and etc. Even Kakashi who was chakraless made a bunch of KBs so I'm inclined to think that Jiraiya with his capacity can safely make quite a few at once. Raikage suspected an attack when Sasuke turned on his MS, so Jiraiya can very well prepare a defense of sorts as well via KBs. It's a possibility. Heck, if he gets close enough, he can even hide in Sasuke's Shadow.
    Ty for the link.

    Problem is JMan is not going to be in sage mode here like in that link to have insane speed and 2 frogs on his shoulder and here he is not going to have the advantage of pipes and coridors where he can lose line of sight. Also Raikage had completle information on Sasuke, in this case JMan has no idea when Amaterasu is coming, what is that or if Sasuke has it. He just knows that a uchiha can have MS, no detailed information on Sasuke.

    Quote Quote:
    Bee wasn't put down. He was stunned for a moment and fell from his on momentum while Danzou was never really affected by Tsukiyomi. If anything at all, he broke free from the first one without even trying while the subtle use of the second one is what led to his downfall
    .

    He was incapacitated. That was clear enough by the rods in Bee's body. Danzo was able to brake out of the first one because he had that seal on Sasuke. Now nobody is saying he could keep him there indefenetly but for another 1-2 cm's so Sasuke sword would get and decapitate Danzou's neck would be a defenetly.

    Quote Quote:
    The swamp have shown to be summoned in an instant. The only thing that can be considered as taking time would be the handseals which Jiraiya have shown to complete quite fast. The arrows were never spammed before so likely there's only going to be 1 since it takes time to reload the arrow as well. That being said, Jiraiya can potentially use his hair to change to trajectory like how a tree was used by Danzou. Honestly if a tree can grow in time, I see Jiraiya at least being able to do something.
    Kakashi had no time to move, make hand seals or anything before that Amaterasu was loaded and fire. Kakashi was forced to use Kamui something that is instant. Also if we asume that the hair is faster then Kamui (makes no sense) JMan would need to stop summoning the swamp and defened with the hair and Sasuke would just fire another and another and then finish it with some Amaterasu.

    Quote Quote:
    Naruto was reverse summoned to the mountain and when the summoning was canceled, Naruto returned. So it won't be a BFR win for Sasuke.
    ROFL forgot about that 1. It makes you wonder why JMan never done this in actualy combat no?:P Even to save his live vs Pein. Anyway JMan would at least need to summon a frog, instruct it and then send it back to the mountain to do the trick. At least Kishi is somewhat disagreeing with you on this even if its plot no jutsu :P
    Also how is JMan going to keep track of his target because Sasuke can just leave the battlefield in those 5 mins or whatever it takes to get back to the fight? If he leaves the battlefield Sasuke would just leave the area as his opponent is gone. Now JMan needs to find him again and its close to imposible (this is one of the reasons he run away from Pein). This tactic would end up in a draw and a draw is not allowed in the Tournament.

    Anywhay i have to go now ty for the links.
    Last edited by xXan; June 25, 2011 at 01:30 AM.

  2. #152
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Well, even if we assume Bee was incapacitated by Sasuke's Tsukuyomi, so was Sasuke, thus the result of his entire body being torn open with a lariat while he was nursing his eye. Bee recovered faster than Sasuke did.

    ---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

    As for getting into sage mode, Jiraiya can use toads and the lands themselves to help buy time (dodging through trees, if there are any). Also, if there is decent body of water around, he likely won't have any trouble at all getting into sage mode.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  3. #153
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where Hypocrisy Thrives
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I am not convinced that Sasuke's MS arsenal is able to seal this for him:
    1. Susanoo could likely be opened up by Sage Mode Oodama Rasengan.
    2. Amaterasu can be avoided by maintaining a decent distance.
    3. Sasuke's genjutsu is weak and Jiraiya knows how to break out of genjutsu.
    1. That's a big if. A big if that would only leave Jiraiya open to counterattack
    2. Does distance affect the speed of the jutsu? Honestly I feel it would be more dangerous if Jiraiya got too far away because he would not see Sasuke's eye bleed, nor would he be able to see his pupils dilate. Those 2 things let you know that the jutsu is coming.
    3. No. His Tsukuyomi sucks, but his genjutsu in general is one of his most deadly assets. He pwned Orochimaru, Danzo, and C with basic Sharigan genjutsu. Orochimaru is more proficient than J-Man at genjutsu and he was still rendered defenseless.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #154
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    England
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Ha,i think i've just seen the best relevent question posed...that would give Jiraiya a certain win here..lol.It's by Ryokahn

    What shape are sasuke eyes at?Currently his eyes are still bandaged...i found that quite funny tbh.What's the
    ruling on this mods?

    Anyway back to all seriousness.I ticked a whole bunch of likes to a few different posters for what they've raised.
    One thing i've noticed is that apart from bhasty,no one seems to be taking jiraiya tactical knowledge into account.
    Overwhelming power can be other comed by the olde brain power...maybe not all the time,and this maybe one of
    those times.Still i said i'd look at how the argument were going before i cast by vote.Ninjabot as always argue his
    case well...bravo.

    Still on a level playing field with shinobi using all of their arsenal.Simple tricks are used to gain insight to counter the
    opponent move and gain some insight and a TACTICAL adavantage..So here just one i'll raise.

    Smoke bomb?This will enable jiraiya to conseal his hand sign and prevent the sharingan from seeing his seal...We've
    already seen Jiraiya do something like this against Pain when he worked out the secrert of the rin'negan vision...
    remember?

    If and when he enters sage mode (i have to believe that a shinobi of his standing could achieve this)Then i'm basing
    off Naruto.That he with Ma & Pa would be able to see better in the smoke created than sasuke?(Natrual energy
    will see FORM of natrual energy better than the sharingan seeing chakra)?IMO.

    I also think that he'd use a ''kage bushin'' as a decoy whilst accessing the strength of his opponent and or gaining time
    to enter sage mode..whether he summons bunta or ken chan?I don't see the argument that these summons inbued
    with ''natrual energy'' would be susceptible to the sharingan.AS this has NEVER been shown.A byuui is entirely different,
    on so may scales imo.Or Oro snake Manda for that matter(before that's thrown in..lol)

    If this scenario can be successfully argued against without bias..(i know lol)Then maybe we can get to the real truth
    about this match....

    Some else made a really good point as in..In preception.Itachi placed jiraiya high in skill.Sasuke has been argued to have
    surpassed his bro currect level.But was Jiraiya sage mode took into account when Itachi mae his statement too kisame.
    Even Pain acknowledged to zetsu that ''it was jiraya he was facing''.

    I had this was a hard match up on the front page and was already leaning to sasuke with me thinking about my above
    comments lol.Does it help those that see Jiraiya as a victor in this..those sitting on the fence.Laters still not voted yet.

    ---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

    Jiraiya had no knowledge of Amaterasu and probably still doesn't, if we ignore the tourney rule that no character has info on another character.

    This is in fact not acurate...Jiraiya SEALED amaterasu after itachi and kisame escaped.He sealed it...Therefore he has a counter
    to it...that's simple logic...it matters not if we've not seen him demonstrat this during a battle.The fact is.It is what it is.Oh
    and for future events..Naruto being his student will have knowledge in how to seal it as well..It just has to be IMPLIED by
    kishi...that's why this is a great read.Imo.
    Last edited by kakashidad; June 25, 2011 at 03:34 AM.

  6. #155
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw
    3. Sasuke's Genjutsu is weak and Jiraiya knows how to escape Genjutsu

    Orochimaru disagrees. So does C. You know the deal. Until Jiraiya shows a capacity to escape Genjutsu there isn't the slightest reason to believe he can escape Genjutsu from someone as proficient at it as Sasuke is. He fooled the strongest Genjutsu user in the series with his Genjutsu and paralyzed Orochimaru. And he one-shotted a Jounin-level Genjutsu type ninja who should've been good at defending against Genjutsu. He also took direct control of the largest boss level summon shown. I don't know how the heck you came to the conclusion his Genjutsu is weak. Probably because you're comparing it Itachi's.


    Quote Originally Posted by jdw
    As for getting into sage mode, Jiraiya can use toads and the lands themselves to help buy time (dodging through trees, if there are any). Also, if there is decent body of water around, he likely won't have any trouble at all getting into sage mode.

    Jiraiya is forced to waste chakra disrupting Genjutsu cast on all of his summons, leaving him with no chance to reach Sage Mode because he's either breaking concentration to flee from his own summons, or he's breaking concentration inorder to disrupt a Genjutsu cast on them. This is all assuming Sasuke doesn't decide he'd rather just kill his summons outright.

    As for terrain, we've never been given a genuine update on whether the arena has forests, buildings, boulders, or bodies of water. I've always considered them wide open spaces like the chuunin exams area.
    Last edited by ninjabot; June 25, 2011 at 04:37 AM.

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #156
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post

    @Shaunlim


    Ty for the link.

    Problem is JMan is not going to be in sage mode here like in that link to have insane speed and 2 frogs on his shoulder and here he is not going to have the advantage of pipes and coridors where he can lose line of sight. Also Raikage had completle information on Sasuke, in this case JMan has no idea when Amaterasu is coming, what is that or if Sasuke has it. He just knows that a uchiha can have MS, no detailed information on Sasuke.
    No problem lol. Well that doesn't exactly prevent him from using a KB in the first place though. By knowing that Sasuke has MS and Sasuke is closing one of his eyes preparing a jutsu, that should warn Jiraiya to do something rather that just stand there waiting for it to hit him.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post

    He was incapacitated. That was clear enough by the rods in Bee's body. Danzo was able to brake out of the first one because he had that seal on Sasuke. Now nobody is saying he could keep him there indefenetly but for another 1-2 cm's so Sasuke sword would get and decapitate Danzou's neck would be a defenetly.
    Even if that's the case, Bee stood up faster than Sasuke could turn his body so I don't see the damage being done here while Danzou knew that he was in a genjutsu since the start and he was even able to attack Sasuke in it(well place a seal on him.)

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post

    Kakashi had no time to move, make hand seals or anything before that Amaterasu was loaded and fire. Kakashi was forced to use Kamui something that is instant. Also if we asume that the hair is faster then Kamui (makes no sense) JMan would need to stop summoning the swamp and defened with the hair and Sasuke would just fire another and another and then finish it with some Amaterasu.
    I think you meant the Susano'o arrow lol but that's what doesn't make any sense. Because in Danzou's case, a tree was able to grow to full size so if Jiraiya is in the process of some handseals I don't see why he couldn't finish it before the arrow reaches him. Besides, Kakashi's case is kinda vague since it could have been he showed an opening thus Sasuke attacked with an arrow thus Kakashi wasn't able to do something in time besides Kamui.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post

    ROFL forgot about that 1. It makes you wonder why JMan never done this in actualy combat no?:P Even to save his live vs Pein. Anyway JMan would at least need to summon a frog, instruct it and then send it back to the mountain to do the trick. At least Kishi is somewhat disagreeing with you on this even if its plot no jutsu :P
    Also how is JMan going to keep track of his target because Sasuke can just leave the battlefield in those 5 mins or whatever it takes to get back to the fight? If he leaves the battlefield Sasuke would just leave the area as his opponent is gone. Now JMan needs to find him again and its close to imposible (this is one of the reasons he run away from Pein). This tactic would end up in a draw and a draw is not allowed in the Tournament.

    Anywhay i have to go now ty for the links.
    Pa and Ma offered to take Jiraiya back to the mountains but Jiraiya refused as he was adamant on finding out the secrets of Pain so it's not like he couldn't rather he chose not to. Technically if Sasuke leaves then he BFRed himself since Jiraiya is back so it's his loss IMO.

    ---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Jiraiya is forced to waste chakra disrupting Genjutsu cast on all of his summons, leaving him with no chance to reach Sage Mode because he's either breaking concentration to flee from his own summons, or he's breaking concentration inorder to disrupt a Genjutsu cast on them. This is all assuming Sasuke doesn't decide he'd rather just kill his summons outright.
    I wouldn't say waste chakra since we don't know how much chakra would be used. It's like saying that Sasuke is wasting chakra using genjutsu against them. And Jiraiya have shown to be able to literally use another jutsu while moving during the summoning process so I wouldn't say that he is breaking concentration.

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #157
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    @Shaunlim

    Quote Quote:
    No problem lol. Well that doesn't exactly prevent him from using a KB in the first place though. By knowing that Sasuke has MS and Sasuke is closing one of his eyes preparing a jutsu, that should warn Jiraiya to do something rather that just stand there waiting for it to hit him.

    Nothing prevents him but its irrelevant. You can be sure as hell Sasuke is not going to fire his Amaterasu at the thing that just whent poof from nowhere. Kakashi had to go underground to escape Itachi sights when he used a clone and Itachi was fighting 4 people. JMan needs to do something to get out of sight before using clones or its irrelevant.

    Quote Quote:
    Even if that's the case, Bee stood up faster than Sasuke could turn his body so I don't see the damage being done here while Danzou knew that he was in a genjutsu since the start and he was even able to attack Sasuke in it(well place a seal on him.)
    Well it depends. Do you belive JMan has a biju inside himself to replicate that? Bee only got back up fast because the 8 tails snaped him out of it realy fast.
    I sugest you read that fight again. Danzo was completly stuned and the seal was placed before the genjutsu when he made contact with Sasuke and he got his hand choped.

    Quote Quote:
    I think you meant the Susano'o arrow lol but that's what doesn't make any sense. Because in Danzou's case, a tree was able to grow to full size so if Jiraiya is in the process of some handseals I don't see why he couldn't finish it before the arrow reaches him. Besides, Kakashi's case is kinda vague since it could have been he showed an opening thus Sasuke attacked with an arrow thus Kakashi wasn't able to do something in time besides Kamui.
    That is because the tree can grow fast as hell. Kakashi had no time to make seals or move 1m. He had to use Kamui remember? Kakashi himself was just siting in the open looking at Sasuke, Sasuke put up Susano got a arrow and fired it. There was no opening but a normal shot. The arrow is that fast and the tree is that fast. This is the first Hokage we are talking about. His trees grow insane fast, remember that he was able to trap with a tree a jumping Sarutobi.

    Quote Quote:
    Pa and Ma offered to take Jiraiya back to the mountains but Jiraiya refused as he was adamant on finding out the secrets of Pain so it's not like he couldn't rather he chose not to. Technically if Sasuke leaves then he BFRed himself since Jiraiya is back so it's his loss IMO.
    Well this is exacly my point. In that case JMan wanted information and in this case he realy wants to beat Sasuke. How can he guaranty Sasuke is going to be there when he comes back? Now he needs to stay in contact with him or he loses the fight. Its identical to the Pein fight. You can't just leave the battlefield for a extended period of time and when you get back you target to be there. This is not going to work if he can't find a way to keep Sasuke there. Going by your logic Sasuke leaves, JMan comes back 5 minutes later, Sasuke is not there, JMan leaves himself and then 1 week later Sasuke comes back and states: Hmm he is not here.. Gues i won, WOHOO. This is not how it works.

  11. #158
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Well, even if we assume Bee was incapacitated by Sasuke's Tsukuyomi, so was Sasuke, thus the result of his entire body being torn open with a lariat while he was nursing his eye. Bee recovered faster than Sasuke did.

    ---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

    As for getting into sage mode, Jiraiya can use toads and the lands themselves to help buy time (dodging through trees, if there are any). Also, if there is decent body of water around, he likely won't have any trouble at all getting into sage mode.
    The feedback came from the first time Sasuke used Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu though. Sasuke had no problem using Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu vs. Ee and Danzou. He has not shown any crippling effects from MS techs in subsequent fights until the battle is long over.

    As for having a body of water nearby, I don't think we should create any environmental advantages for either sides. Otherwise you can easily just say they are fighting in a storm and Sasuke zaps Jiraiya with Kirin.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #159
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dapreachor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Naruto could NOT fuse with pa toad because of the KB. This implies that their chakra will mix. two separate individual but combined chakra systems in one body is basically how a jinchurki works. Jiraiya uses this mechanic to stay in sage mode, indefinitely. So is it not a fair assumption that either ma or pa could disturb his chakra if he were to fall into genjutsu.

    The arguments that the fire sealing technique were slow because no one was around is based on the assumption that they are slow. How do you know he didnt see a need to perform a quicker sealing technique? Naruto often uses clones to perform the rasengan but he can also do it by himself one handed. Jiraiya doesn't rush into nuke mode like sasuke he uses the appropriate amount of effort as the situation requires. Did he see konan and stomp her with toad oil fire bath and odama rasengan ? No. Why? Because he only used the appropriate tool to size her up and counter.

    My point is that any tricks that work on the rinningan would most likely work on the descendant sharingan, and since genjutsu is the realm of the sharingan then it could be argued sasuke would be 'immune' to it. However he doesn't have the eyes of the sage of 6 paths so I think that is unlikely.

    If Jiraiya can work out the secret to the bodies of Pain, I doubt he wouldn't be able to suss out every detail of sasuke. With the frogs as back up and his ability to form barriers and seals who is to say that Jiraiya wouildn't play kiss chase with sasuke till his chakra runs out, and then he comes out. Its not like he is going to run out of sage mode with the elder toads on his back.

    but of course sasuke always has just enough chakra and just enough time to do anything...

  14. #160
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    The thing is that the Sharingan and Rinnegan are two different tools that work in completely separate ways, even if they are related. the method to handle the Rinnegan techniques would not work for handling the Sharingan's techniques. Case in point genjutsu. All Sasuke would need is to lock eyes with Jiraiya once and he can make Jiraiya see what he wants or even outright knock him unconscious. The only defense is to avoid eye contact and that would be nearly impossible in the middle of battle. Simply knowing that the Sharingan can cast genjutsu doesn't help actually protect against the genjutsus. The same with Susanoo and Amaterasu. Those aren't techniques that can be handled simply by knowing of them. Even if Jiraiya had detail knowledge of all Sasuke's techniques, he would still have a hard time because of their nature. But in a situation where he'll have no forewarning, the first usage would always have an advantage.

  15. #161
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @Shaunlim

    Nothing prevents him but its irrelevant. You can be sure as hell Sasuke is not going to fire his Amaterasu at the thing that just whent poof from nowhere. Kakashi had to go underground to escape Itachi sights when he used a clone and Itachi was fighting 4 people. JMan needs to do something to get out of sight before using clones or its irrelevant.
    Well we know that Jiraiya have more than enough chakras to make more than a single clone. Secondly, Naruto who used KB in front of Kakazu as well still managed to trick him as to which is the real body. That being said, it can clearly be seen that it isn't as easy to see through as to which is the real body.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Well it depends. Do you belive JMan has a biju inside himself to replicate that? Bee only got back up fast because the 8 tails snaped him out of it realy fast.
    I sugest you read that fight again. Danzo was completly stuned and the seal was placed before the genjutsu when he made contact with Sasuke and he got his hand choped.
    If Pa and Ma is there it's possible. If not Jiraiya can still do the same albeit slower. Point is Jiraiya isn't going to be taken down solely from Sasuke's Tsukiyomi as it haven't shown to possess such potency like Itachi's.
    Yeah my bad, I remembered the sequence of events wrongly but Danzou never seemed bothered by the genjutsu at all except the initial shock at Itachi. As a matter of fact, I believe that Danzou broke out himself since the seal simply stopped Sasuke's physical movement.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    That is because the tree can grow fast as hell. Kakashi had no time to make seals or move 1m. He had to use Kamui remember? Kakashi himself was just siting in the open looking at Sasuke, Sasuke put up Susano got a arrow and fired it. There was no opening but a normal shot. The arrow is that fast and the tree is that fast. This is the first Hokage we are talking about. His trees grow insane fast, remember that he was able to trap with a tree a jumping Sarutobi.
    We saw the fight half way so we have no way of knowing whether there's an opening or not. But logically there should since Danzou who is older and much slower even managed to duck at the very least while growing out a full tree. Even if it's fast, it still takes time. Besides, I'm not inclined to believe that Shodai's DNA is able to do stuff as good as the real Shodai.


    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Well this is exacly my point. In that case JMan wanted information and in this case he realy wants to beat Sasuke. How can he guaranty Sasuke is going to be there when he comes back? Now he needs to stay in contact with him or he loses the fight. Its identical to the Pein fight. You can't just leave the battlefield for a extended period of time and when you get back you target to be there. This is not going to work if he can't find a way to keep Sasuke there. Going by your logic Sasuke leaves, JMan comes back 5 minutes later, Sasuke is not there, JMan leaves himself and then 1 week later Sasuke comes back and states: Hmm he is not here.. Gues i won, WOHOO. This is not how it works.
    If he really wants to beat Sasuke and HM helps him I see no reason why he can't do what I said. Besides, Jiraiya leaves the battlefield for a minute or two at best since there's the oil there to help him as well. If you don't like this method, there's still the one where he uses his barrier to hide himself.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #162
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by chilibun View Post
    The feedback came from the first time Sasuke used Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu though. Sasuke had no problem using Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu vs. Ee and Danzou. He has not shown any crippling effects from MS techs in subsequent fights until the battle is long over.

    As for having a body of water nearby, I don't think we should create any environmental advantages for either sides. Otherwise you can easily just say they are fighting in a storm and Sasuke zaps Jiraiya with Kirin.
    At that time, Sasuke had not used amaterasu yet (at least we were not even given an indication that he did against Bee, and the Amaterasu against Madara was Itachi's), and it is also unlikely it was the first time Sasuke used Tsukuyomi. He didn't leave the person on fire, he had not unlocked Susanoo yet, and there are only 3 Mangekyou techniques, and he was talking about "the mind" having been left open by fright.

    As for the field, I always imagined it was just some big random piece of land. If it is like the chuunin tournament, it creates a one-sided advantage for Doton all the way through (the ground is dirt, it appears). Unless they are all fighting in a place made from materials that cannot be elementally manipulated by shinobi, I dunno.

    ---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas.Sama View Post
    1. That's a big if. A big if that would only leave Jiraiya open to counterattack
    2. Does distance affect the speed of the jutsu? Honestly I feel it would be more dangerous if Jiraiya got too far away because he would not see Sasuke's eye bleed, nor would he be able to see his pupils dilate. Those 2 things let you know that the jutsu is coming.
    3. No. His Tsukuyomi sucks, but his genjutsu in general is one of his most deadly assets. He pwned Orochimaru, Danzo, and C with basic Sharigan genjutsu. Orochimaru is more proficient than J-Man at genjutsu and he was still rendered defenseless.
    Any jutsu can leave someone open to a counter, but life has to go on. You have to fight, right? Also, If Danzou's wind aided attack can make it through, I have to be lieve that a Sage Mode Oodama Rasengan can as well, because Danzou's jutsu didn't seem all that powerful, even with the aid of the baku.

    As for the range of Amaterasu, it is a close range jutsu, so distance nullifies it:

    Quote Quote:
    Amaterasu

    User(s): Uchiha Itachi
    Rank: -
    TNG: Ninjutsu (Bloodline Limit)
    Range: Close
    Type: Attack

    Description:
    "The ones reflected in these eyes turn to ash!! A black world-destroying
    conflagration that scorches all on heaven and earth!!"

    The Uchiha clan, originally significant as "those with the fans which manipulate
    fire", traditionally specialize in Katon jutsu, but there is a legendary jutsu
    unknown outside the clan. This is "Amaterasu". The appearance of these flames
    are jet-black. The high temperature is like the sun, and one time touching it is
    the last. It is said that this is named after the Goddess of the Sun as it
    continues to burn for seven days and seven nights. However, the Mangekyou
    Sharingan is necessary to activate this jutsu, and for this reason there are not
    many who have learned this jutsu. Therefore, the details of this jutsu are yet
    unrevealed...

    Picture text:
    Top: The black flames that only the owner of the Mangekyou Sharingan can control
    are even able to instantly break through the side of a rock toad who breathes
    fire!!
    Bottom: Jiraiya, whi has mastered many jutsu, did not know of the existence of
    Amaterasu. What he does understand is the power of the suspicious conflagration.
    Also, what is the standard for knowledge in the tournament? Things that are generally known, right? It seems that by now in the manga timeline, MS is generally known, much like it is known that Jiraiya is a summoner of toads, etc. More thing became known to the shinobi world in the time since Jiraiya encountered Itachi. If we take current world knowledge post Kage summit, MS techniques are basically known across the shinobi and samurai world.

    ---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Orochimaru disagrees. So does C. You know the deal. Until Jiraiya shows a capacity to escape Genjutsu there isn't the slightest reason to believe he can escape Genjutsu from someone as proficient at it as Sasuke is. He fooled the strongest Genjutsu user in the series with his Genjutsu and paralyzed Orochimaru. And he one-shotted a Jounin-level Genjutsu type ninja who should've been good at defending against Genjutsu. He also took direct control of the largest boss level summon shown. I don't know how the heck you came to the conclusion his Genjutsu is weak. Probably because you're comparing it Itachi's.





    Jiraiya is forced to waste chakra disrupting Genjutsu cast on all of his summons, leaving him with no chance to reach Sage Mode because he's either breaking concentration to flee from his own summons, or he's breaking concentration inorder to disrupt a Genjutsu cast on them. This is all assuming Sasuke doesn't decide he'd rather just kill his summons outright.

    As for terrain, we've never been given a genuine update on whether the arena has forests, buildings, boulders, or bodies of water. I've always considered them wide open spaces like the chuunin exams area.
    Madara said it was a small, weak genjutsu, so I went with that.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  18. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #163
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    konoha.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,886
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    sasuke will win for the crazy arsenal of power that itachi in planted in his MS(all itachi's techniques) but sasukle genjutsu against itachi's tsutuyomi is a joke so jiraya could break sasuke genjutsu easy, i don't understand why people think that sasuke will defeated jiraya easy eventually sasuke will win against jiraya but before that jiraya will give sasuke a tough fight, jiraya arsenal is pretty good and his wise and had experient in the battlefield.

  20. #164
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hauradrims3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Serbia
    Posts
    406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Any jutsu can leave someone open to a counter, but life has to go on. You have to fight, right? Also, If Danzou's wind aided attack can make it through, I have to be lieve that a Sage Mode Oodama Rasengan can as well, because Danzou's jutsu didn't seem all that powerful, even with the aid of the baku.

    Sasuke's Susanoo was upgraded once more after the Danzo fight, it looks complete now (if we go by Itachis susanoo)

  21. #165
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

    While that is truly fantastic, we are not even sure if Sasuke is able to sustain that form at all or for how long, or the defensive capabilities. Itachi's had Yata's mirror, so it never really had to take damage to compare when we saw it. Sasuke couldn't even sustain his for 1 second.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Thread Closed
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts