Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Ophelia

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Ophelia

Character Name: Ophelia

Character Title: Blood Soaked Warrior

Ophelia's Joking Titles based on her Sword Technique: Ophelia of the Ripples, Rippling Ophelia

Character Type 1: Claymore -> Awakened

Character Type 2: Offensive

Era: Clare's Era

Home Town: (speculatively: Alphonse, area north of Rabona, between Rabona and the snowy mtns-Pieta)

Personality: Hates and wants Revenge on all Awakeneds - especially Priscilla, playful, will kill Humans and Claymores, befriended Clare and became Clare's mentor with controlling the Quick Sword at the cost of her own life,

Family: Brother killed and presumably eatened by Awakened Priscilla

Claymore Abilities: Neck Twisting, "Rippling/Snake Sword", great strength/power, good smelling (and tasting, lol) and/or Yoki Sensing,

Awakened Abilities: Regeneration, "Shell/Exoskeleton Awakened body", snake/gorgon/naga Awakened body form,

(discuss Ophelia)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 19, 2011 at 02:45 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ophelia

I have yet to see anyone write in these character specific topics and since our friend HegemonKhan went through the trouble of creating them, I thought it would at least be nice to use them. If anyone else visits, I would like to know how do you all think Ophelia did as a single digit/

I think she would have been a good candidate for a #1, although she was technically #2 due to Alica and Beth perpetual absence. Also her "Ripple" Blade made her stronger because as we've seen in the last chapter, techniques can make an incredible difference in a Claymore's strength. What does everyone think?

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to write in about all of these posts... but hadn't got around to it yet... as it's a lot of work... and my summer is nearly over now anyways, so I was hoping others would... if I can find time to do so... I'll try to write in more stuff... sighs..

(It's hard to just write stuff by yourself, quite boring, as a discussion/debate is much more enjoyable and motivating with writing, versus just writing in stuff on your own, without a discussion going on it, sighs).

-----------------------------------------

Ophelia is extremely powerful (and that makes Clare even more amazingly powerful hehe):

Claymore Ophelia:

1. massive power level, especially in her strength, practically killing the Gonahl female AB with a single attack, grins.

2. Ophelia's swordsmanship is excellent, as seen by her flurry of strikes as Clare uses her PYSA to parry them.

3. her Neck Twisting ability

4. her "Rippling Sword"

5. I'd love to see Ophelia vs Galatea, sighs... Ophelia seems much more powerful than merely rank 4, was she put at rank 4 due to her "issues", just like Miata too would be... ?? I want to see Ophelia's power (near 80% YR) vs Galatea's "ugly face" (near 80% YR) power

6. etc...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Awakened Ophelia:

1. extremely powerful as well

2. had Huge Claws of Death, like Clare's own Partially Awakened Claw of Death, hehe.

3. Extremely fast and agile: snake body, ..Dur/Duh..

4. her Awakened body was merely a shell/exoskeleton (she's able to move her real-true "humanoid-like" body around, like we saw with Agatha and seemingly Riful too has the same type of Awakened body too)

5. able to Regenerate

6. etc...

Ophelia got pwned by Irene, so if Irene's a rank 2, Ophelia is certainly not a rank 2, lol.

It's quite possible that Irene is a rank 1, so maybe Ophelia isn't as weak as we think, getting pwned by a rank 1 Irene instead of a mere rank 2 Irene.

Also, while Irene's QS is very powerful, unlike Cassandra, Irene herself is not weak. Both Irene herself and her QS are powerful.

though it would be quite interesting to see non-QS using Irene vs Ophelia, hehe

---------------------------------------

Miria said she felt Clare as the most powerful Claymore she knew, and that means Miria is saying Clare was even more powerful than Ophelia, as Miria certainly knows Ophelia as they got some history together... Hilda.... hehe.

Which is why, I have the theory that Clare should have gone power level vs power level with Ophelia, instead of dropping her PL by dropping/turning off her YR to do her PYSA, as we in the luxury of hindsight know how stupid that turned out to be, lol.

and there's some indicators that Miria actually was correct... when Clare did YR, she shocked and actually overpowered (strength and speed) both Ophelia and the Gonahl female AB ...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Some questions for you guys/girls:

1. Do you think that Ophelia was really going to kill Raki and/or let the Gonahl female AB eat him, as well as Clare, do you think Ophelia was going to kill Clare or not? Was Ophelia actually a (perverted) friend of Raki+Clare or was she as she seemed to be, hostile to Clare+Raki ??? Or, did Ophelia start out as Clare's enemy, but she quickly got to know Clare, becoming friends with Clare, as ultimately we do see happen, with Awakened Ophelia, in mentoring Clare in completing her Quick Sword training, at the expense of her own life, and even asking Clare to get revenge for her and her dead brother upon Priscilla.

2. strangely, Awakened Ophelia no longer thinks Clare is an Awakened and is much more friendly with Clare now, whereas when Ophelia was still a Claymore, she thought Clare was an Awakened, and wasn't so friendly with Clare. Anyone want to try to explain or adress this, lol ??
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 14, 2011 at 09:15 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, Irene vs Ophelia. I honestly think the only people who can completely block the QS is Teresa, Ghost Clare, and Irene herself. That being said, aside from those 3, the QS is an extremely strong(and broken) technique and has defeated nearly everyone who had gone against it. Even Rafaela who has the strength of a #1 fell to the technique. I know Irene herself is strong, but to what degree is unknown as every time we've seen her fight, she uses her QS.

I understand your reasoning for thinking Clare would have had a better chance in fighting Ophelia power level for power level, but I respectfully disagree. While Clare potentially has the power to match Teresa, she would have been completely outclassed in that fight. Clare at that time, would have been at least as a Claymore in the 15-20 range. Even with Irene's arm and yoki, without the QS she barely matched up to Flora during the break in the War on Pieta, meaning that had she tried to overpower Ophelia, she would have been killed before Irene arrived. That or she would have gone past her limits and really give Ophelia a reason to kill her. And while she shocked Ophelia and the Gonahl AB with her sudden burst of yoki, they both didn't feel as if they would lose if they fought her. Also of note, Ophelia hadn't even begun using her own yoki yet. It looked as if she was using the minimal amount of strength needed to hold Clare.

Lol,I'm pretty sure that everyone within her eyesight was going to die that day. As for Awakened Ophelia actions before her death, I believed she realized that she became the things she hated so much, which brought out her repressed memories of her brother's death. She then realized that the way she would not be able to defeat Priscilla the way she was after she fought Clare and her new found power. In a way Clare beat the sanity back into Ophelia, lol. She then decided to play a game, which, unbeknown to both of them, was a testing of Clare will and drive. After becoming a Claymore, Ophelia apparently further repressed her memories and completely forgot her original reason for becoming a Claymore.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I don't think she's good enough to be #1.

For my argument I will even overlook the fact that she got pwned by Ilena. I will only use claymores of her own generation.

In her generation we seen that Alica #1 and Beth #2 rivals the powers of Riful, an AO. I certainly don't see Ophelia having such power. Next in rank is Galatea at #3. Can Ophelia defeat Galatea? My personal openion is a maybe but only at a 30% chance. Galatea is no push over and with her yoki manipulation, it would make it hard for Ophelia to land a hit using her Rippling sword.

I think Ophelia is properly rank for her generation. I think in the end she would be #2 at best. I don't think her skills and power are near any of the rank 1 we seen so far.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Ah, Irene vs Ophelia. I honestly think the only people who can completely block the QS is Teresa, Ghost Clare, and Irene herself. That being said, aside from those 3, the QS is an extremely strong(and broken) technique and has defeated nearly everyone who had gone against it. Even Rafaela who has the strength of a #1 fell to the technique. I know Irene herself is strong, but to what degree is unknown as every time we've seen her fight, she uses her QS.
    I agree the QS is very powerful technique that defeated the dream version of Rafaela. However I don't think Clare can defeat the real Rafaela. The reason is this. Clare does not know what technique Rafaela has and the reconstruction of Rafaela in the dream was based on Clare's memory of Rafaela. In another words, the reconstructed Rafaela was a super weak version of the real Rafaela. If Rafaela had a powerful technique, Clare would not know and therefore can not reconstruct something she never seen. Second, Rubel said both Jean and Clare combine togather is still no match for Rafaela. Third, Irene herself said she can not defeat Rafaela and she's the master of the QS.
    Last edited by Khorr; August 15, 2011 at 12:05 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

my reasons for believing Miria in saying that Clare was more powerful than Ophelia:

(the bolded points are the strongest points for my argument)

1. When Ophelia was "L-embracing" Clare, Ophelia commented that Clare was quite strong, as Clare was trying to break Ophelia's "L-embrace".

2. Galatea was impressed with Clare's Yoki Abilities, both before Ophelia (just after the "Spiderman" battle) and after Ophelia (in the Witches Maw).

3. Miria herself said that Clare was more powerful than Ophelia, and Miria is an Eye herself, with decent Yoki Sensing Abilities.

4. Yes Ophelia wasn't significantly YR'ing, but still, look at how Clare overpowered Ophelia, pushing her hand (which was holding Clare's face in the dirt) high up in the air, and moved with real speed, that neither Ophelia nor the Gonahl female could follow, only seeing Clare once she had stopped with Raki already rescued standing by her side, and the female Gonahl female AB just realizing she's been sliced right through as easily as Ophelia would soon do to her as well. That's some real and serious speed and power by Clare, moving so fast neither Ophelia nor the Gonahl female Ab weren't even aware of Clare, with such strength to escape Ophelia's hold of her face into the ground and slicing right through the Gonahl female AB as easily as Ophelia shortly will as well. And, on top of all that, Clare successfully completely Re-Attached her legs firmly back.

5. Maybe Ophelia just YR'ed as she had said, "she was excited", or... maybe Ophelia realized she damn well needed to do so, as Clare was that powerful... that Ophelia would be dead if she didn't YR...

6. Yes Clare may be using the PYSA, but the PYSA doesn't give Clare the strength nor attack quickness nor speed to parry Ophelia's strikes as well as she did. And yet, Clare had all of that without any YR, while Ophelia was ??% YR'ing... Clare at No YR was matching up to Ophelia's YR's strength, speed, attack quickness, and etc !!! Just like how 10% YR Teresa easily matched up to 70% YR Priscilla !!! Imagine if Clare kept her YR, she'd have pwned Ophelia, hehe

7. Lastly, Clare's obviously extremely smart, as even Ophelia confirms it, the entire battle she had with Clare was all part of Clare's plan, to set up her fake death and escape... as Miria did tell her to do so... meh... Clare might have just been doing this as it was what Miria had told her, not even considering that she might actually have been able to pwn Ophelia, hehe

Though, Ophelia's almost as smart, or she's quick-witted, as she realized this ingenious scheme by Clare, that Clare was having Ophelia dance to her strings the entire time... hehe Also, Ophelia immediately recognized and understood Clare's PYSA and the QS, even helping Clare with the QS, the very thing that Ophelia got pwned with by Irene lol not even being able to see Irene's QS's strikes lol. Ophelia, despite her "madness", is quite intelligent or quick-witted or perceptive (whatever word you wanna use), just like Clare is too.

-----------------------------------------------------------

additional comments:

the Illusion of Rafaela is just that, an Illusion, just like "Hilda" was an Illusion for Miria. There was no Hilda (as Hilda's long dead, and was already an Awakened anyways, and not a Claymore still, lol), it was the same TAIT that Miria was fighting with, only Raftela caused Miria's mind to see "Hilda" as the TAIT that she was fighting.

the real Rafaela is fkn half-merged with dead Luciela fkn hanging from a chain from the castle's ceiling, and not herself (non-merged to dead Luciela) standing in a fkn forest, lol.

"Rafaela" wasn't Rafaela, it was just an Illusion by Clare's mind and the Destroyer's "Mind Manipulation Ability" (same as Raftela's "Mind Manipulation Ability" that she used on Miria).

"Rafaela" was the Destroyer finally having control of the half-merged bodies of R+L, Awakening them, and attacking Clare too. But, Clare didn't see this reality, she saw the Illusion, the "Rafaela", just as Miria couldn't see reality, Miria was only able to see "Hilda".

Clare and Rafaela had NEVER fought each other. The (Illusion of) "Rafaela" was not Rafaela, just as the (Illusion of) "Hilda" was not Hilda, lol.

Clare was fighting the Destroyer trying to QS cut it into pieces before it Awakened and grew too powerful, as the REAL Rafaela mentally told Clare to do so, to kill "herself", the Illusion of Rafaela, to kill the Awakening Destroyer, before it was too late !!!, except unfortunately it was too late... lol.

Just as Miria was fighting the TAITs, and not TAIT+Hilda, lol
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 15, 2011 at 12:28 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. That is a common thing in manga. Ophelia wasn't struggling in holding Claire down, she was just taunting her. Claire struggled more than she previously did when Ophelia kicked Raki. Her anger made her fight harder, though it was in vain.

2. Galatea was impressed with Claire's yoki sensing abilities, not her yoki itself. To me Galatea complimenting Claire's sensing abilities makes me think that Claire made the right choice on going on the defensive vs Ophelia.

3. Hmm, don't quite remember that page, can you give me a link or reference please.

4. That is the think though, Claire had to use so much of her yoki that she rivaled that of a warrior going past her limits, just to break free of Ophelia. Had she not have been a half-awakened, she would have probably went well past her limits to save Raki.

5. Ophelia seems to do that alot. I think that is just something she does against awakened beings (which she thought Claire was.) She released a large amount of yoki when she fought against the Bonahl AB and she herself said her energy was surging from her previous fight and how she wanted to kill as many awakened beings as she could. She seems to go all out in the beginning except for when she's it playing around. In the later part of her fight against Claire she began toying with her after she realized she was predicting her moves. Same as when she fought Hilda. She was pretty much toying with Hilda for the most part, imo.

6. While she was parrying Ophelia, she was being pushed back. I know that could have been an attempt to get closer to the cliff, but judging from her face and reactions when blocking, it was getting to tough for her. She wasn't matching her strength and she was able to predict her moves thus allowing her match Ophelia's speed. If I fought someone who was faster than me, but I could predict their moves, I would be able to react accordingly as long as it isn't over the speed of sound, lol.

7. Claire has a good sense of judgment. Before she even saw Ophelia she had a bad feeling and during the battle, she said that from the beginning she had no chance to win.

"Rafaela" was Rafaela. Claire's mind gave it an appearance, however it still was Rafaela. It had her memories, which includes how strong she was and her fighting techniques. Basically, it was a combination of the two thoughts. Meaning that, for all intents and purposes, this fight was Claire vs. Rafaela. The Destoyer wasn't manipulating Claire's mind, Claire, like Renee before her, had traveled into the Destroyer's mind, albeit unwillingly. Rafaela never had control of the body, had it not been for Claire that conscious would have been lost in the awakening. This in turn made Claire pass out and fuse with the Destroyer, which is why she lost her sword and clothes. Even if she was fighting in an off scene battle, I doubt she would have brought out enough power to keep the Destroyer from awakening.
    Last edited by eefrit; August 15, 2011 at 07:14 AM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan
    3. Miria herself said that Clare was more powerful than Ophelia, and Miria is an Eye herself, with decent Yoki Sensing Abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by eefrit
    3. Hmm, don't quite remember that page, can you give me a link or reference please.
    (there's slightly different translations out there, some have Miria saying Clare's the strongest Claymore she has ever known and some having Miria saying that Clare is the strongest Claymore which is even more extreme lol)

ch 26 pg ~13, It's the page right before Miria begins physically sparring with Clare, Miria talks to Clare as they're out of earshot of Deneve and Helen before they spar, and this spar match is just before they then battle the "Spiderman" male AB. Miria is referencing to when they first met (It's the chapter, or ch 25 pgs 1-11 lol, right after Teresa's death and Clare demands of Rubel to put Teresa's Flesh and Blood inside of her), as that's when she felt Clare's uber power.

+

extra-special-chapter #2: The Phantom and the Wicked Warrior, as it shows us that Miria and Ophelia go way back

=

thus Miria was saying that Clare felt as though she was even more powerful than Ophelia was powerful

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

a further additional comment by me:

you know how Clare's power level/Yoki is constantly fluctuating, between being "strong" and "puny", well it's directly related to when Clare is using her PYSA and when she's not.

just like the "Dust Eater", according to Roxanne anyways, boosts Cassandra from only having a rank 5's power level to a rank 1's power level, well Clare's PYSA usage causes Clare's power level/Yoki to skyrocket. This is what Miria felt, as (speculatingly) Clare hadn't stopped her PYSA in time, and Miria felt its boost of power upon Clare's power level. We also have evidence of it with the "Spiderman" male AB battle too. When Clare is using the PYSA to save them from death to a victory, the "Spiderman" male AB senses a very powerful Clare, but when Clare turns off her PYSA to go on offense (as at this stage, she's still a "noobie", with using the PYSA, lol), and gets easily smacked by the "Spiderman" male AB, he comments how he can't figure out whether Clare is strong or weak. There's more instances too of Clare's power level/Yoki being called "tiny or puny", such as by Riful when she senses Clare arriving to rescue Jean after Raquel had died in town in Clare's arms. And there's probably a few other references too.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 15, 2011 at 08:07 AM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You kind of put me in a hard place with those references, lol. I cannot disagree, however Miria's claims were kind of debunked in their test fight.

I haven't thought about it much but Teresa's flesh has given Claire a unique yoki. You know when you hear a buzzing noise in your ear and you instinctively dodge although there is no real danger. I think it is something like that. I say that because after their meeting and the battle with Spider-Being, Galatea talks about each of them. Being the powerful sensor she is, she should sense the same thing Miria did despite the distance right? She doesn't sense anything special from Claire, even though she read her heart. There was a strong one(Miria), an average one(Helen), a weak one(Claire), and an extremely weak one(near dead Devene). Also as I stated before she complimented Claire on her sensing abilities rather than the yoki itself. Even when she meets Claire face to face, she doesn't sense the same thing Miria did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going on your edited post, I believe Miria was referring back to when Claire entered with Raki, not when they fought in the rain. When she meet them she didn't use yoki or PYSA. It was just her presence that made Miria think such thoughts.

And I believe that the Spider-Being was referring to the fact that she could continuously dodge his moves so easily instead of her yoki energy. Claire needs to surpress her yoki in order to correctly sense the flow of yoki in her opponent, so I don't think PYSA causes her yoki to surge. Also if it had done that Claire wouldn't have collapsed in the rain and Miria would have said something about rising yoki while she dodge the Spectacular Spider-Being.
    Last edited by eefrit; August 15, 2011 at 08:16 AM.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    "Rafaela" was Rafaela. Claire's mind gave it an appearance, however it still was Rafaela. It had her memories, which includes how strong she was and her fighting techniques. Basically, it was a combination of the two thoughts. Meaning that, for all intents and purposes, this fight was Claire vs. Rafaela. The Destoyer wasn't manipulating Claire's mind, Claire, like Renee before her, had traveled into the Destroyer's mind, albeit unwillingly. Rafaela never had control of the body, had it not been for Claire that conscious would have been lost in the awakening. This in turn made Claire pass out and fuse with the Destroyer, which is why she lost her sword and clothes. Even if she was fighting in an off scene battle, I doubt she would have brought out enough power to keep the Destroyer from awakening.
    I don't want to go into too much details and turn this in to a Clare VS Rafaela since the main topic here is Ophelia. I'll go more in to it on the Rafaela thread.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    Thank you Khorr! Good response, lol

Off-Topic'ness is a bit of a problem in online discussions, especially in this case, as you need to compare Ophelia to other characters, but in doing so, you're introducing another character into the discussion, which can cause a discussion on its own, such as to correct or debate things said about this new character, as it matters as this new character is being compared to the thread's character, but this can easily get far off-topic, away from the discussion of the character of the thread.

There's going to be some overlap with such character threads as these, as it's impossible to only mention/talk about Ophelia, as comparisons to other characters are extremely important pieces of additional information (context and/or reference) for the character (Ophelia) that the (This) topic is about. Just don't make a habit of it, try to keep the discussions as much as you can on-topic, if you talk about the other characters try to keep it about the topic's character to prevent the discussions from getting/going off-topic. And I can move posts easily to their proper threads if they get too off-topic, but let's try to keep this as minimal as possible as can be done. And that includes me too of course !!!!

Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 15, 2011 at 08:22 PM.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner OpheliasRazor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ophelia is one bad mama-jama. Although she visibly got owned hardcore by Flashsword Ilena, I doubt 100% if Ophelia knew ahead of time that Flashsword Ilena was standing before her, and didnt let her (Flashsword Ilena ; FSI) Get the drop on Ophelia by pretending to be a non-combatant, It would have been a much more interesting fight to behold. Clash of the f**king titans kinda epic. I think the reason why FSI was able to block Ophelias Rippleblade was and Is because of the circumference effect using the flash sword creates around the user, and no matter how thin of a section in FSI's defense is left unguarded, the size of the claymore itself would be too big for ophelia, even when using Rippleblade, to slip through FSI's defense, but the impact of the rippleblade is why it's so destructive.
    If Ophel was going after prescl's head, She had to of had something up her sleve or some trick we never got to see (besides being a psycho b**ch) LOL Also, I think ophelia is total waifu material, although it seems a lot of people dissagree, when she was hanging onto clare's sholder for dear life and asked clare to "finish me off" with her tits pressed against clares stomach, I fell in love at that exact moment, especially when she turned out to not be that bad, I just wish instead of ophelia hunting clare down, it would have been the opposite ; Flashsword Ilena hunting clare down for revenge for ruining teresas life, and then clare gets rescued by ophelia because they're both after Priscilla's head, but then clare gets her right arm chopped off etc etc, ophelia teaches clare the ripple blade, and then gives clare her right arm so she can preform it better, THAT would have been epic.
    Last edited by OpheliasRazor; October 29, 2012 at 09:42 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    I was going to write in about all of these posts... but hadn't got around to it yet... as it's a lot of work... and my summer is nearly over now anyways, so I was hoping others would... if I can find time to do so... I'll try to write in more stuff... sighs..

(It's hard to just write stuff by yourself, quite boring, as a discussion/debate is much more enjoyable and motivating with writing, versus just writing in stuff on your own, without a discussion going on it, sighs).

Ophelia is extremely powerful (and that makes Clare even more amazingly powerful hehe):

Claymore Ophelia:

1. massive power level, especially in her strength, practically killing the Gonahl female AB with a single attack, grins.

2. Ophelia's swordsmanship is excellent, as seen by her flurry of strikes as Clare uses her PYSA to parry them.

3. her Neck Twisting ability

4. her "Rippling Sword"

5. I'd love to see Ophelia vs Galatea, sighs... Ophelia seems much more powerful than merely rank 4, was she put at rank 4 due to her "issues", just like Miata too would be... ?? I want to see Ophelia's power (near 80% YR) vs Galatea's "ugly face" (near 80% YR) power

6. etc...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Awakened Ophelia:

1. extremely powerful as well

2. had Huge Claws of Death, like Clare's own Partially Awakened Claw of Death, hehe.

3. Extremely fast and agile: snake body, ..Dur/Duh..

4. her Awakened body was merely a shell/exoskeleton (she's able to move her real-true "humanoid-like" body around, like we saw with Agatha and seemingly Riful too has the same type of Awakened body too)

5. able to Regenerate

6. etc...

Ophelia got pwned by Irene, so if Irene's a rank 2, Ophelia is certainly not a rank 2, lol.

It's quite possible that Irene is a rank 1, so maybe Ophelia isn't as weak as we think, getting pwned by a rank 1 Irene instead of a mere rank 2 Irene.

Also, while Irene's QS is very powerful, unlike Cassandra, Irene herself is not weak. Both Irene herself and her QS are powerful.

though it would be quite interesting to see non-QS using Irene vs Ophelia, hehe

---------------------------------------

Miria said she felt Clare as the most powerful Claymore she knew, and that means Miria is saying Clare was even more powerful than Ophelia, as Miria certainly knows Ophelia as they got some history together... Hilda.... hehe.

Which is why, I have the theory that Clare should have gone power level vs power level with Ophelia, instead of dropping her PL by dropping/turning off her YR to do her PYSA, as we in the luxury of hindsight know how stupid that turned out to be, lol.

and there's some indicators that Miria actually was correct... when Clare did YR, she shocked and actually overpowered (strength and speed) both Ophelia and the Gonahl female AB ...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Some questions for you guys/girls:

1. Do you think that Ophelia was really going to kill Raki and/or let the Gonahl female AB eat him, as well as Clare, do you think Ophelia was going to kill Clare or not? Was Ophelia actually a (perverted) friend of Raki+Clare or was she as she seemed to be, hostile to Clare+Raki ??? Or, did Ophelia start out as Clare's enemy, but she quickly got to know Clare, becoming friends with Clare, as ultimately we do see happen, with Awakened Ophelia, in mentoring Clare in completing her Quick Sword training, at the expense of her own life, and even asking Clare to get revenge for her and her dead brother upon Priscilla.

2. strangely, Awakened Ophelia no longer thinks Clare is an Awakened and is much more friendly with Clare now, whereas when Ophelia was still a Claymore, she thought Clare was an Awakened, and wasn't so friendly with Clare. Anyone want to try to explain or adress this, lol ??

figures i'll post here since ophelia is like my fantasy waifu. lol.
    anyways, as far as the questions, i don't think she was ever raki or clare's friend. her mind for the most part was warped and shattered by basically seeing priscilla eat her brother, who apparently meant the world to her, eaten alive. her perception of the world except in regards to her brother, can only be questioned and isnever certain
    one can not even say if she would be homicidal and filled with blood lust if not for her brother's death. with regards to raki and clare, both were just toys for her bloodlust, or if people like to claim that she had a thing for clare, then the same thing can be said of raki considering her reactions. really, the one event that defined her was priscilla murdering her brother. aside from that her mind became unstable and thus the person herself as well.
    for her awakening she probably thought awakening was aan end all and already considered herself dead. so she left the final mission to someone who she thought was not a monster yet as her end goal was to beat priscilla as a human and not become a literal monster as what happened at the end resulting in her leaving that mission to clare instead. this i believe then is why ophelia did what she did.

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Irene's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

What color panties do you think Ophelia wore? Pink?
    Galarene <3

New Reply