Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: I now pronounce you, Blai and wife.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT SPORT/FOR JOCKS ONLY. MANGA NERDS GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Been my fav team since NHL -99 on N64, plus my defence-colleague from Tingsryd J20 Elite worked himself to become a starter there so what's there not to love about them o/
    Ah, I saw that there was only one Swedish national on the team, so I was little confused. Is he the dude?

You do know there were rumors of them moving last season right? Happened to the Thrashers instead. Team's in Winnipeg, yet it's still in the Southeast Division

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Oliver. Also, I did know about that, really happy they didn't though.

I love how they, for the sake of keeping all divs equally big, kept Atlanta (or should I say Jets) in the SE div instead of moving them on the paper too. Or, heck make some minor geographical changes to keep the divs 5/5/5 whilst decreasing the ridiculous distance from Winnipeg to Florida.

Although they're going to move next season.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Team's in Winnipeg, yet it's still in the Southeast Division
    Most logical effect / post-transfer decision ever.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

The divisions should be kept even, believe me, the NHL isn't even close to as bad as the NBA and NFL are with how divisions are laid out geographically. It'll be interesting to see what team will move to the Eastern Conference. I could see Nashville probably being moved to the East simply because it doesn't have the rivalry history within their division and it's the closest to being considered "Southeast".

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean to make the divisions uneven, I just meant that I love how they forced the Winnipeg team to travel superb distances to compete with fellow div/conf. teams. I would've preferred a swift change of div. line-ups and schedule changes to fit the transfer instead but hey, that's just me. You mean the Tennessee team to the SE part of the EC? Because that's what makes the most sense.

Since I barely follow NFL / NBA I can't comment but I'll take your word for it.

All I know is that in ice-hockey my team is in the south-eastern division when we can fit in South, South-Central, South-East, South-West and Mid.

Choices ftw o/

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Foreigners can't play sports

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    If you like that colour of yours, take that back

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I look better in pink anyway.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Yes they can, but only if they can flop.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever hunted, for real I mean?

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Spoiler show

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean to make the divisions uneven, I just meant that I love how they forced the Winnipeg team to travel superb distances to compete with fellow div/conf. teams. I would've preferred a swift change of div. line-ups and schedule changes to fit the transfer instead but hey, that's just me. You mean the Tennessee team to the SE part of the EC? Because that's what makes the most sense.

Since I barely follow NFL / NBA I can't comment but I'll take your word for it.

All I know is that in ice-hockey my team is in the south-eastern division when we can fit in South, South-Central, South-East, South-West and Mid.

Choices ftw o/
    No I get that, but shifting divisions takes more finesse with agreement from other teams I think, and let's be honest the NHL doesn't really have a track record of being run as best as possible.

Well in the NFL for instance, the St. Louis Rams are in the NFC West, despite being no where close to the Western US. They used to be the LA Rams, but that was decades ago, so they've been left this way to keep their rivalry with the San Francisco 49ers I suppose. The same goes for the Kansas City Chiefs being in the AFC West, but they've had a long rivalry with the Oakland Raiders and the Denver Broncos so it sort of makes sense. The Dallas Cowboys being in the NFC East, despite being further West than both the Rams and Chiefs . There's other crazy examples like the Miami Dolphins being in the AFC East and the Buffalo Bills being in the AFC East but it's really just about keeping rivalries that existed before divisional realignment intact.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The new Jets are different, they will have to realign them. How can you put them on a plane from Winnipeg to the US southeast for every division away game, that would be nuts. It's not like they would be leaving rivals behind, they're an expansion team in a division with (mostly) expansion teams and teams that recently moved south. Winnipeg should be put in position to play in the same division Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. It's pretty easy to: move Winnipeg to the Northwest, Minnesota from the Northwest to Central, and Nashville from Central to the Southeast. Bettman sucks as a commissioner but considering how many smart moves they have made since the lock out ended they can hopefully figure something as simple as this out.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's what I was alluding to when Blai asked why this wasn't done already. I'm not sure whether any owners have veto powers as far as divisional realignment goes. I know in baseball, owners can do this, especially when it means missing out on visiting teams that draw well attendance-wise.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is probably a competition committee that recommends things like realignment to the owners, who then vote on any changes. Most sports require a super majority of owners to approve changes, rather than giving a single owner veto power. Generally if the competition committee recommends a change, the owners approve. They probably decided to table any decision on realignment until after this season, to allow for more in depth studies and such. while moving a few teams around makes sense to us, they may want to take a deeper look and at least debate a more complex realignment, as well as sort out the politics of realignment. With the move from Atlanta approved over the last off season I doubt they had the time to do what they consider due diligence regarding realignment before this season. There is no question that the new owners of Winnipeg would want out of the southeastern conference. The travel logistics are terrible and I guarantee they want to be positioned to play more games against teams in western Canada. From there it is a matter of making sure that any teams that move are fully compensated. The teams I mentioned would probably be happy to move, as they would move into divisions with glamor teams: Minnesota would get to play Detroit more often, Nashville would get Washington. Both teams would have a better shot at nationally televised games if they move.

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

What's this NFL talk doing in an European Mod's thread!? Blasphemy! (Even though he seems to approve!). Why do you call a sports football when you run around with the ball in your hands. It's stupid! I refuse to call real football soccer!

/rant

Yeah. Or well, in my previous version, like, mid -09 or something, but still!
    *coughs*

My take on premier league? You really want me to give you a long post which you won't respond to anyway eh?

To make myself short (read: ignore the first question but centres my thoughts around City)

I believe that with an owner who's good for 4 Billion USDs (personal assets for over 1 Billion) any team could become the new top team in England. But numbers aside and looking at the manpower I don't believe that City is the "undisputed Champion of English football" but that they definitely are a serious threat to the title. They might win the league but I don't think they'll crush every team they'll face , although they'll be one of the UK's big names when we're talking about European / International cups and leagues.

I must also say I'm very impressed of Aguero and Nasri so far (as well as Milner when talking about non-acquisitions) two great investments!

More has to be taken in to account when analyzing the City - Utd match than just the scoreboard.,It was a 10man Utd that played 0-3 against a City in GREAT form until 15-20mins left where they scored one, going on a crazy offence (which might not have been the smartest move) against such a strong offensive City who scored a quick 1-4, Utd then gave up and wanted the match to be over whereas City wanted to score more, more, more and then scored another 2.

Not saying that the numbers weren't justified (even though I believe a Utd with eleven players would have put up a hell of a good fight) but six to one is a little extreme.
    I basically agree with your analyze of the PL. City has been in splendid form in the early season. While I think City has reached a level greater than they have been on for a while (maybe ever) and thus taken a leap, I'm not convinced at all that they will win the PL just because of this slaughter of United and a 5 point lead. Just take a look at last season. Chelsea had a monstrous early season, but what happened in the mid-season? Who knows how City will do, while they are title contenders I'm not convinced that this is "the new champion". The start of a new era, perhaps. Because this City team does indeed look great, better than ever. Thank you Mr. Sheik.

As for the United - City match. United did play like morons like you said. Going on a an offence and sending up their backs is beyond moronic at 1-4, wtf... They allowed City to counter with 3 vs 2. They basically begged for a slaughter. However I'm largely disappointed in United regardless. 10 men or not, there's no way they should have allowed for such a goal party. Their defense was just plain horrible. Not to say I didn't enjoy seeing United lose, it was great. But I rarely like to see such ugly results.

To Arsenals defence it's a much younger and less experienced team than Man U. Mr. Wenger has a new, young team that can become the best (and in that case, cheapest) Arsenal / English top team when talking about long-term performance and management whereas Ferguson has a much more experienced team that should have played much more tactical against a great City with wind under their wings.

Either way, I'm not really concerned. Utd has, after all, only placed lowest third (thrice) during the last nineteen seasons and has shown a great consistency whereas Arsenal has proven to be more of a "up-and-down" team depending on leadership, atmosphere and player forms.

City though - rapidly growing!
    Arsenal's team was indeed young. But come on, 8-3 (or whatever it was)? I see a lot of the same tendencies in that game as in United - City. Arsenal is a top team and thus came to Old Trafford to play to win. They got owned, scored a bit and got the spirit slightly back, got scored on again, got angry and refused to give up by going on offence to save their pride by possibly scoring, only to get countered with more goals, lost moral and in the end utterly crushed. United should have handled their game better, but Arsenal while having a young team was awful.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

We're Americans....we'll get our way eventually. Get used to soccer

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast