Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who killed Senju Hashirama?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who killed Senju Hashirama?

Yeah, I doubt Kakuzu had anything to do with it, since he was imprisoned and punished for failing his assassination mission. If Hashirama did die from the wounds Kakuzu gave him, then it couldn't have been considered failing. And if Kinkaku and Ginkaku had anything to do with his death, then that probably would have been mentioned alongside the information of them almost killing Tobirama.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe madara came back as tobi and killed him by surprise i doubt shodai expected madara to come.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobirama wasn't killed by Ginkaku and Kinkaku. He almost died by their hands. Meaning that Torbirama is one bad motherfucker. However, it's been stated that Tobirama died confronting a team of 20 juunin. Talk about epic. I sure hope it wasn't 20 noob juunins (like the ones constantly dying as fodder in the current war). It should be a team of Akatsuki-level juunin who did Tobirama in. But that's just me ranting .

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post
    When Muu was revived with Edo Tensei, he was trying to find Tobirama's location
    He was trying to find Tobirama's location because he recognized Tobirama's technique. Upon commenting that he couldn't find him, he was informed that someone else was able to perform his technique, Edo Tensei.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    maybe madara came back as tobi and killed him by surprise i doubt shodai expected madara to come.
    Madara didn't go after Hashirama a second time. That would've defeated his purpose in feigning dead and utter destruction. Besides, he said himself that he was able to "clone" Hashirama after he took some of his blood/body/tissue/whatever after their infamous battle. So he didn't go after him a second time.
    Last edited by DementedKirby; June 21, 2011 at 02:39 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Tobirama wasn't killed by Ginkaku and Kinkaku. He almost died by their hands. Meaning that Torbirama is one bad motherfucker. However, it's been stated that Tobirama died confronting a team of 20 juunin.
    The team of 20 jounin that attack Tobirama, Hiruzen and Danzou was named the Kinkaku Butai (金角部隊) which translate like Golden Horn Squad, so of course we expect Kinkaku (金角) and Ginkaku (銀角) to be part of it.

Quote Quote:
    He was trying to find Tobirama's location because he recognized Tobirama's technique. Upon commenting that he couldn't find him, he was informed that someone else was able to perform his technique, Edo Tensei.
    My point was Muu expected Tobirama to be alive. If Tobirama was killed prior to him and Mizukage II, the Tsuchikage wouldn't be looking around for the second Hokage. So Muu had to die before Tobirama.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Tobirama wasn't killed by Ginkaku and Kinkaku. He almost died by their hands. Meaning that Torbirama is one bad motherfucker. However, it's been stated that Tobirama died confronting a team of 20 juunin. Talk about epic. I sure hope it wasn't 20 noob juunins (like the ones constantly dying as fodder in the current war). It should be a team of Akatsuki-level juunin who did Tobirama in. But that's just me ranting .

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Madara didn't go after Hashirama a second time. That would've defeated his purpose in feigning dead and utter destruction. Besides, he said himself that he was able to "clone" Hashirama after he took some of his blood/body/tissue/whatever after their infamous battle. So he didn't go after him a second time.
    how does killing shodai with him not knowing show everyone that he was alive. wearing a mask and with his space time jutsu he could have killed shodai with him not knowing who the assailant was. i never said he took the cell from shodai the 2nd time he could have taken them in their battle at the vote and that would not have prevented him from killing shodai.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara said that he respected Shodai more than anyone. He fought with everything he had and lost. So how does coming back with a mask change anything? Besides, he lost control of the Kyuubi, his ace in the hole. He wouldn't come back and fight against him hiding behind a mask and/or doing anything underhanded. He even stated himself that he had to bide his time and return and that only time will show the true victor of that battle. In other words, Hashirama may have won that battle, but Madara will end up winning the war.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly, during the fight of Orochimaru and Sandaime, when he uses to Edo Tensei to bring back Hashirama and TObirama, Orochimaru says something like "first, let me bring them back to their true form". This could mean that the amulet used to control the dead ones can actually change their age to best fit the needs.

On the war, Kabuto may be using the people's real face/age when they died to cause an impact on the shinobi alliance, such as Asuma fighting Inoshikachou, or Chyo fighting the shinobi from Suna, etc. Yet, one thing I found weird is that Sai's brother was actually Sai's age, but didn't he die a while ago? Shouldn't he be younger than Sai? Again, perhaps the amulet changed that.

Not sure, but that's my 2 cents...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

For Shin, we never knew his age to begin with, just that he was older than Sai. He could have died 5 years ago at 15 and Sai, then 12, outgrow him to 17 by the time they meet again. The same shit goes for Mangetsu and Suigetsu.

But your theory could explain why Sasori is 15, he should have been 35, but he looks like is puppet made from his 15 years old body.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory is that Senju Hashirama was Killed by Senju Tobirama. I think the reason for the death of the Shodai Hokage will be revealed to be related to the final secret of the Mangekyou Sharingan that Itachi was talking about.

In this theory Shodai may have succeeded in defeating Madara at the Valley of the End, but not before falling prey to Madara's final jutsu. The EMS jutsu that allowed him to implant his will onto Shodai, and slowly erode his character until Madara's own character resurfaces. Thus allowing for the conditions necessary to create the Uchiha/Senju hybrid.

So Shodai became completely corrupted, implanted Madara's eyes into his own body and then had to be stopped by his brother.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4ghost View Post
    My theory is that Senju Hashirama was Killed by Senju Tobirama. I think the reason for the death of the Shodai Hokage will be revealed to be related to the final secret of the Mangekyou Sharingan that Itachi was talking about.

In this theory Shodai may have succeeded in defeating Madara at the Valley of the End, but not before falling prey to Madara's final jutsu. The EMS jutsu that allowed him to implant his will onto Shodai, and slowly erode his character until Madara's own character resurfaces. Thus allowing for the conditions necessary to create the Uchiha/Senju hybrid.

So Shodai became completely corrupted, implanted Madara's eyes into his own body and then had to be stopped by his brother.
    If that would've happened, either Hashirama or Tobirama would've mentioned something on the subject when the reunited under Orochimaru's Edo Tensei summon, much like Muu and the Nidaime Mizukage did.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That wouldn't be necessary in my theory. Nidaime would have been aware of what happened to his brother and he was still alive for some time after his death. The theory also could explain why Nidaime imposed such restrictions to the Uchiha, that is if he found evidence that Madara's will was passed along to someone in the Uchiha clan too.

Basically what I'm saying is that at the time they were used as Oro's Edo Tensei, there wouldn't have been anything that Nidaime could tell Sandaime that he didn't already have the chance to.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough one....especially as he died shortly after Konoha was founded. Some other data book translation says he died just when the village began to flourish. We don't know when Kakuzu tried to kill him, was that before the fight with Madara or after?...everything seems to point to that fight with Madara but though why nothing has been mentioned so far, who knows!
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

If anything, I think that Tobirama created Edo Tensei in order to bring his brother back from the dead.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

As everybody knows, it can be nothing else than the Incurable Cough of Death! http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...leCoughOfDeath It already killed Itachi and Kimimaro, and made Gekko Hayata sick. Wouldn't be strange to see another one of Konoha's hero's get killed by something so trivial. And it is an easy way to have him die without being defeated.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to figure out who killed him, but to put things in order, I think madara fought hashirama first, before kakauzu, and that after that assasination attempt did senju start spreading the tailed beasts, still hard to tell how he died though...

New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast