Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chouji

47 42.34%
  • Suigetsu

64 57.66%
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chouji vs. Suigetsu

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chouji vs. Suigetsu

i think suigetsu is the overall more skilled ninja and should win. Suigetsu is obviously stronger than regular chouji. Heck, suigetsu actually went toe to toe with darui, I would think a more regular ninja his age would get stomped by someone like that. In terms of size chouji does not have an edge either. Suigetsu's large water body actually stalled a biju and actually survived a biju bomb. I don't think chouji has enough skill to deal with suigetsu just yet even if he mastered his clans secret technique.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    You do realise its Narutoverse we're talking about? It was proven that when Suigetsu is hit with sth 'heavy', he is 'demolished' in puddle-looking thingy. In the case with Hachibi he was upgraded with the water besides him, took bijuu bomb head on, and was like puddle which he cannot reform itself. In this case a punch of Chouji - weaker than bijuu bomb but still Suigetsu is also weaker due to not having water nearby - and the effect its probably the same <or like it was said: maybe not 1 but 2 punches, whatever>
    I'm applying physics that we have seen from Suigetsu himself, and the last time i checked he was apart of the Narutoverse. And so what if Chouji turns his body parts or his while body him into a puddle? What has he exactly accomplished with that? Suigetsu has done that many times and no one has harmed him. Thats even if Chouji can land a hit on Suigetsu. We saw a demonstration of speed from Suigetsu when Sasuke freed him, and we saw a demonstration of him increasing his physical strength when Sasuke went to get Jugo. If Chouji lands a hit Suigetsu simply reforms and goes back at him, and unlike Suigetsu the damage Chouji takes will not be "ignored". It will only mount up.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    The biju blast is more destructive in a WIDE area. The biju blast is not a focused attack. Also FatBoy is not hitting with his fist but with a chakra creap made around his entire blasted hand. Biju blast is a blast made out of chakra, his punch is a punch with chakra. Same crep. Chouji looked to do more damage(debatebel) in a square meter then a biju would do in a square meter. As long as the force of the blast is spreading around its not the same thing as applying a concentrated force in 1 area.
    A chakra infused punch is no where near the same crap as a pure chakra attack. Chouji basically did the same thing that Sakura and Tsunade do. Except he used enough chakra for it to become visible around his hand. And the only reason that Chouji's punch did as much "damage" as it did is because Gedo Mazo blocked his punch. Two forces of the same size directly engaged and acted upon each other. Thus the resulting "blast" or "shock-wave" took place. We saw what that same attack did to a "normal sized" person. When Chouji attacked Asuma that only thing that happened was that Asuma got sent flying back. He didn't even break up into multiple pieces or have body parts missing or anything like that. A punch like that isn't going to do anything worth mentioning to someone whose body is similar of an ET body in terms of tanking physical attacks.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Chouji can't do his now infamous magical, random, deus-ex-machina jutsu that can apparently defeat anyone in the Narutoverse without enough goading. Honestly, I don't see him getting so riled up on a one-on-one match. No support from Shikamaru. No one to protect. No motivation. If he takes the pills that do the same effect, he's gonna die 'cause there's no one there to take him to Tsunade. In other words, due to the rules, he can't use those pills. Purely going from what the manga shows, Chouji ain't going into butterfly mode during his match with Suigetsu. That simple. He's without his ace. I'm surprised Chouji's even gotten this far. Without the necessary mindset, he ain't getting in that mode. So basically, that shouldn't even be taken into consideration at all during this one-one-one matches tournament.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Because he connected to the water: he has always shown that he needs to physical touch the water to control it.
    I'm pretty sure it has never been implied Suigetsu couldn't control the rest of his body without contact. In fact, if that was the case, then Suigetsu shouldn't have been able to pull himself back together while dodging backwards against Ee.

Yes it can be considered. Let's asume he was some 10 meters away from him and it still is impresive.

Ok let's say he is reduced to liquid, the next ting that comes is a chakra fist that is going to do some bad damage on suigestsu staming/chakra. I am sure Suigetsu is not Flash in liquid form to dodge a giant fist coming down.
    But since we have no idea where he was, we don't know how it went. He could have been ten meters away or he could have been one meter away.

Why would the punch do damage to Suigetsu's chakra/stamina? Suigetsu doesn't have to be fast in his liquid form when Chouji would have no real way to target him, especially as a giant. Not only that, but in liquid form, Suigetsu can simply sink into the cracks made by Chouji, avoiding any direct contact.
    Last edited by Rikudou King; June 24, 2011 at 09:01 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dapreachor's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

if you think chouji wins seriously you're just a magpie. Chouji needs an elemental or even a ninjutsu attack to win. Taijutsu wont do anything against someone who can just liquify his body.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby
    Suigetsu doens't have to die in order for Chōji to win. He merely needs to be incapacitated.
    Exactly. Being a pulp of water puddle is enough.. then Chouji can leave him be or drink him up with his fuuton jutsu xd

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx
    And so what if Chouji turns his body parts or his while body him into a puddle? What has he exactly accomplished with that? Suigetsu has done that many times and no one has harmed him.
    I'm not talking about doing any damage or harm to Suigetsu; all I'm saying that if his such pulp-puddle:
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...4/page015.html
    <first and fourth panel>
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...5/page011.html
    <second panel>
    it means for me Chouji's victory <and he can accomplish that with his brutal physical strength> To me its about Suigetsu's stamina: when he takes hit and is turned to water, he needs probably chakra/water to reform himself once again, like when he was hit by Raikage and his hands were torn off:
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...1/page008.html
    I think that he needs his chakra or water supply in his body to reform; once he doesn't have it, he is a puddle without strength to reform <in other words to me its not like he can reform and reform again>
    Also, remember how often it was water which actually made stamina of Suigetsu good:
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...9/page003.html
    drinking water or:
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page007.html
    being in some water containment <or like he was in Oro's lab>
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Rikudou King

Quote Quote:
    But since we have no idea where he was, we don't know how it went. He could have been ten meters away or he could have been one meter away.

Why would the punch do damage to Suigetsu's chakra/stamina? Suigetsu doesn't have to be fast in his liquid form when Chouji would have no real way to target him, especially as a giant. Not only that, but in liquid form, Suigetsu can simply sink into the cracks made by Chouji, avoiding any direct contact.

The GM stomp itself and its probably some 6+ square meters. ME stating 10 meters from Shika is more then ok i think.

If the biju blast that is a chakra blast can do than a punch that hits with chakra can do that to. Makes sense to me. Also a hit with that force would trow Suigetsu in all directions separating pieces of him. Takes time to pull yourself back togeder and this gives time to Chouji to do more chakra based punches.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The GM stomp itself and its probably some 6+ square meters. ME stating 10 meters from Shika is more then ok i think.
    The issue isn't the Gedo Mazo stomping down, it's where Chouji was beforehand. If he was already on the way to help, then it's not the same as an actual feat of reaction and speed.

If the biju blast that is a chakra blast can do than a punch that hits with chakra can do that to. Makes sense to me. Also a hit with that force would trow Suigetsu in all directions separating pieces of him. Takes time to pull yourself back togeder and this gives time to Chouji to do more chakra based punches.
    I disagree. We saw Chouji punch Asuma with his chakra charged fist and the damage done was nothing like that of a Bijuu Blast. Asuma was still for the most part solid. So while being hit by it would turn Suigetsu into water, it wouldn't actually defeat Suigetsu.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    Exactly. Being a pulp of water puddle is enough.. then Chouji can leave him be or drink him up with his fuuton jutsu xd

I'm not talking about doing any damage or harm to Suigetsu; all I'm saying that if his such pulp-puddle:
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...4/page015.html
    <first and fourth panel>
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...5/page011.html
    <second panel>
    it means for me Chouji's victory <and he can accomplish that with his brutal physical strength> To me its about Suigetsu's stamina: when he takes hit and is turned to water, he needs probably chakra/water to reform himself once again, like when he was hit by Raikage and his hands were torn off:
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...1/page008.html
    I think that he needs his chakra or water supply in his body to reform; once he doesn't have it, he is a puddle without strength to reform <in other words to me its not like he can reform and reform again>
    Also, remember how often it was water which actually made stamina of Suigetsu good:
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...9/page003.html
    drinking water or:
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page007.html
    being in some water containment <or like he was in Oro's lab>
    Oh so Chouji is going to duplicate what the Hachibi can do via its Bijuu Bomb? Thats the only reason that Suigetsu ended up in that state. Also when was the last time that Suigetsu stopped to drink water while in battle? Its always been well outside of any battle. Which is absolutely meaningless in this tournament. Your whole argument rests on Chouji producing an attack close to the power of the Bijuu Bomb. Good luck with convincing anyone who reads this manga with any type of decent insight of that happening.

One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Suigetsu only surved the Bijuu bomb because he used the lake to boost himself, without a lake Suigetsu is significantly weaker, and IMO weak enough that some Chuoji's hits could K.O suigetsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh so Chouji is going to duplicate what the Hachibi can do via its Bijuu Bomb?
    I already wrote how I see it - there's no need for me to explain it once more. In short: Suigetsu plus water near by < Hachibi's bijuu bomb; Suigetsu minus water near by < Chouji's butterfly mode punch <1/2/whatever>

Thats the only reason that Suigetsu ended up in that state.
    Its just a proof he isn't some kind of Tobi with his intangibility thingy - he's using chakra/water/whatever to reshape. <of course that said: we still don't know how much chakra is required for Tobi to perform intangibility>

Also when was the last time that Suigetsu stopped to drink water while in battle?
    Yeah, Kishi every time will show outside of battle how Suigetsu drinks water because he isn't some kind of 10th-placed supporting cast of characters who was actually 'created' by editors. Going with how you think about Naruto manga you should just think: oh, well, Kishi is moron xD

Its always been well outside of any battle. Which is absolutely meaningless in this tournament.
    This just shows that Suigetsu has limit to his stamina capacity, really low limit, whether coming from chakra or water. In stamina department he is weaker than Chouji, and I daresay: a lot, imo.

Your whole argument rests on Chouji producing an attack close to the power of the Bijuu Bomb. Good luck with convincing anyone who reads this manga with any type of decent insight of that happening.
    Bold part: read once again what I wrote earlier - you imply that I wrote that Chouji will do a punch with similar power to the bijuu bomb. Yeah.
    The rest: there's already hakuthehedgehog from what I see, so : >
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior
    This just shows that Suigetsu has limit to his stamina capacity, really low limit, whether coming from chakra or water. In stamina department he is weaker than Chouji, and I daresay: a lot, imo.
    This was my probably one of my favorite quotes i have seen in a while. IMO, and just IMO, i think most people do need to eat and drink to continue properly function. IMO if Naruto doesn't get that Ramen before a fight, then Ten-Ten would stomp him. IMO of course.

You can believe that Chouji can put Suigetsu into a similar state that the Hachibi did. But Asuma would absolutely love to disagree with you. As would the majority of the people posting here. What you think Suigetsu is going to run out of chakra or something after fully reforming? We saw Suigetsu go from a puddle of water into normal shape after the fight with Kumo and be completely fine. And there was even no water in that area to reform him. So if you think once Suigetsu gets into that state that he is finished. Then you are very wrong. So i'll repeat it again, good luck with convincing anyone who reads this manga with any type of decent insight of that happening.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    The issue isn't the Gedo Mazo stomping down, it's where Chouji was beforehand. If he was already on the way to help, then it's not the same as an actual feat of reaction and speed.

I disagree. We saw Chouji punch Asuma with his chakra charged fist and the damage done was nothing like that of a Bijuu Blast. Asuma was still for the most part solid. So while being hit by it would turn Suigetsu into water, it wouldn't actually defeat Suigetsu.
    It was of speed lol. Its important how large the stomping of his foot was as Chouji was defenetly outside that area. So if the foot is 6m Chouji was at least outside of that. You also need to take into acount the fact that Chouji moved with someone in his arms after he got there and he was already after a butterfly mode. So he was weaken.

Err do you belive Chouji would whant to kill his friends? Do you whant me to post you the link with Chouji hitting the GM statue with all he had? If that hit was in Asuma all the people around him would end up dead. The punch going in Asuma's direction was a less powerfull one and Chouji wanted that for obvious reasons.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was of speed lol. Its important how large the stomping of his foot was as Chouji was defenetly outside that area. So if the foot is 6m Chouji was at least outside of that. You also need to take into acount the fact that Chouji moved with someone in his arms after he got there and he was already after a butterfly mode. So he was weaken.

Err do you belive Chouji would whant to kill his friends? Do you whant me to post you the link with Chouji hitting the GM statue with all he had? If that hit was in Asuma all the people around him would end up dead. The punch going in Asuma's direction was a less powerfull one and Chouji wanted that for obvious reasons.
    Chouji didn't kill anyone when he hit Gedo Mazo. So would he suddenly have killed his friends when he hit Asuma? And you don't have to post Chouji hitting Gedo Mazo, because its a moot point. When two 18 wheeler semi trucks clash the impact is going to send a lot of force and energy in all directions. Thats Chouji punching Gedo Mazo and Gedo Mazo blocking it. When a 18 wheeler semi truck hits a bicycle, in this example it won't get trampled, that bicycle is going to be sent flying in the direction that the truck was heading towards. Thats what happened to Asumsa when Chouji hit him. Two large object hitting each other is not the same as a large object hitting a much, much smaller object. Thats just common sense.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But the issue is that we don't know where Chouji was before he saved Shikamaru, thus there's no way to say it was greater then Chouji's normal speed.

That makes no sense, considering the whole point of Chouji punching Asuma was to show his newfound determination. And even when the Gedo Mazo blocked the punch, it did nowhere as similar damage as a Bijuu Blast has done. It was still basically a physical hit.

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast