Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chouji

47 42.34%
  • Suigetsu

64 57.66%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chouji vs. Suigetsu

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chouji vs. Suigetsu

That's a though one, really.

Although it's true that hitting Suigetsu wouldn't deal him a lot of damage, liquifying and solidifying his body is probably draining a bit of chakra.
    And we saw when he was it by Hachibi that if he gets enough damage, he would be KO.

But, Suigetsu will not simply stand there and get pummeled by Choji.
    He has one of the 7 great sword with him, and he can buff his muscles enough to probably the same strength as Choji.

Considering his immunity and his own power, I would have to give this one to Suigetsu.

The only thing that could change my opinion is if we could see that a single punch from Butterfly-Choji would be enough to KO Suigetsu.
    But, I'm not convinced it is the case right now.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is by far the most comical fight in the Tournament. Logically all Suigetsu has to do is stand there and let Chouji pound on him and once Chouji is worn out beat him. All Chouji has are physical tai-jutsu. Punching and kicking a puddle of water isn't going to accomplish anything except cause fatigue to the one attacking.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    This is by far the most comical fight in the Tournament. Logically all Suigetsu has to do is stand there and let Chouji pound on him and once Chouji is worn out beat him. All Chouji has are physical tai-jutsu. Punching and kicking a puddle of water isn't going to accomplish anything except cause fatigue to the one attacking.
    ... and one the one defending since Suigetsu wastes chakra while reforming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    ... and one the one defending since Suigetsu wastes chakra while reforming.
    At this point we have see Suigetsu liquefy his entire body or his body parts countless times. Yet not once was there ever even the slightest indication that he can't maintain a liquefied form for an extended period of time or that in takes a toll on his chakra reserves to go back and forth between liquefy and solidifying. Especially since Suigetsu spent who knows how many years on and off living in his liquefied form in Orochimaru's water tube. As a matter of fact his body being made of water seems to be a natural ability for him. Not once did we ever see him "turn it off or on" but instead every time some harm comes his way his body had automatically liquefied. Even when he had a Raiton charged sword stuck in his torso, which paralyzed him and made it so that he couldn't properly liquefy, not a scratch was put on him. Chouji cannot harm Suigetsu, while Suigetsu has plent of ways to harm Chouji. Yet Chouji is probably still going to win this poll because of the recent hoopla around him and his Butterfly Mode. Which is quite useless in this fight.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Chouji can brake the ground and make it hard for Suigetsu to move. Also Chouji should good speed and reaction times when he saved Shika.

If not a thunderclap would defenetly daze Suigetsu and then is punching time. A thunderclap would be easy to produce for Chouji considering how much of it was created when he punched GM statue.
    Breaking the ground wouldn't make it hard for Suigetsu to move, but it would give him more paces to hid in his liquid form. Can that really be considered the same when we have no idea what Chouji was doing before he saved Shikamaru?

Why would a thunderclap daze Suigetsu? At worst case it would simply reduce him to liquid, which being the whole situation back around to Chouji not being able to do a thing to hurt him.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just made up my mind: i have just voted for choji because I think his blows would be strong enough damage suigetsu even if he has turned in water. Also, suigetsu hasn't got much stamina,then his techniques wouldn't go on for long.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Making Suigetsu turn to water is just a waste of energy when he can easily reform. I don't see how Suigetsu doesn't have much stamina. He has never shown being too tired to use his ability. During the summit, he spend half that time pinned to the wall in liquid form, yet he had no trouble becoming solid and walking away afterwards.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

When Suigetsu turns into a bond, Chouji could split in two, which would take some water out of Suigetsu, and he wouldn't be able to reform as often because he would lose part of his body.
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes you think Suigetsu wouldn't be able to control both parts of the pond, since there both parts of him? Again, Suigetsu was cut in half by his weakness a lightning infused sword and had no trouble coming back together.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Because he connected to the water: he has always shown that he needs to physical touch the water to control it.
    LMFAO

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm giving this to Suigetsu.
    Even if Choji was shown to be really powerful in the late chapter, he just can't do shit against Suigetsu.

Actually, there's not a lot of people that can beat him.
    His only weakness is lightning and blast that are as powerful as Bijudama...

Choji's powered fist are not Bijudama material, so I doubt he could win this.
    And Suigetsu is not a pushover. He's not just going to stay there and let himself get pummeled.
    He's going to counter-attack with his sword and his water-powered muscles.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Suigetsu survived a bijuu bomb from a fully formed eight tails while Orochimaru admitted that he would be killed by a bijuu bomb from a four tailed Naruto. Choji's punches may be big, but they are still just physical attacks, which are ineffective against Suigetsu. Suigetsu wins this comfortably.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Suigetsu survived a bijuu bomb from a fully formed eight tails while Orochimaru admitted that he would be killed by a bijuu bomb from a four tailed Naruto. Choji's punches may be big, but they are still just physical attacks, which are ineffective against Suigetsu. Suigetsu wins this comfortably.
    So? In this fight Suigetsu won't have the enormous amount of water he had around him during his fight with Bee. In this tourney, Suigetsu would be obliterated by a Bijuudama. Chouji's punches might be able to take Suigetsu out...regardless, we don't know how strong this punch from Chouji actually is. So, I''m going with Suigetsu either way

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hauradrims3's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont see how suigetsu can damage huge form+butterfly mode chouji.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He can't unless he gets inside of him by say... his nose, mouth, or ears. But Chouji can't hit him with his giant chakra punches I don't think. And there's nothing that says Suigetsu's chakra won't maintain long periods of liquification. I don't even know if it's a constant drain on his chakra levels to stay liquified, but I do know it's a constant drain on Chouji to maintain his butterfly mode.

Suigetsu can survive by hiding and waiting for the right time to attack.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast