Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neji

77 65.81%
  • Shikamaru

40 34.19%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Neji vs Shikamaru

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji vs Shikamaru

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

Neji is known for possessing the greatest potential and talent in the latest history of the Hyuuga clan, as such Neji is highly skilled for his age. While using the gentle fist style in combination with the Byakugan, Neji is extremely deadly in close combat and is highly efficient with his movement both in terms of defense and offence. His perception in battle is incredibly sharp and Neji also possesses one of the many ultimate defenses, Kaiten, and has many useful and deadly techniques that he can use for defense and offence.

The future brain of Konoha. His natural tendency to lazyness can be explained by his 200 IQ, but now, inheriting the Will of Fire of his former teacher, Sarutobi Asuma, he is no longer the little boy who wanted to live as a peaceful cloud. As a special Chunnin, he is the knight who will protect the next generation of Konoha. Even his opponents recognize his huge potential. Coming from the Nara clan, Shikamaru inherited its secret Art of Shadow which allows him to capture his opponents or/and makes them acting the same way he does or damages them. But his real strength lies within his brain : he is a genius of strategy and has a very sharp insight. After analyzing his opponents, he can figure out their weakness and anticipate their actions to an outstanding level, this fact makes him the ideal leader of a team.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by 3c; June 29, 2011 at 03:15 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neji vs Shikamaru

neji is very intelligent and he is stronger and faster than shikamaru,who is smarter than neji. anyway neji wins!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Neji win this. I think Neji is superior to Shikamaru when it comes to combat.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Off topic the intro to the fighters are under the wrong pictures.

I think Neji will win but it could get very tough for him if he doesn't take Shika out quickly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Will somebody please explain to me HOW Neji wins? He has one mid-range Jutsu, and Shikamaru just has to catch him in his shadows to stop him moving and using his abilities? Seriously, Neji isn't as good as people make out. In a Taijutsu contest, he'll win. Against mid-range Ninjas like Shino and Shikamaru, he can't do anything. Shikamaru wins

Epic Brofist!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    Will somebody please explain to me HOW Neji wins? He has one mid-range Jutsu, and Shikamaru just has to catch him in his shadows to stop him moving and using his abilities? Seriously, Neji isn't as good as people make out. In a Taijutsu contest, he'll win. Against mid-range Ninjas like Shino and Shikamaru, he can't do anything. Shikamaru wins
    And Neji would just stand there while Shika catch him in his Shadow, right? Neji is vastly superior to Shika in speed, and has a nearly 360 degree vision, good luck to Shikamaru catching him with the Shadow. And Shino....hahhahahaha. Lol. What has this dude ever done in the manga beside been irrelevant to make anyone think he is capable of defeating Neji.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

8. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... Neji has Byakugan with 360° and X-ray vision, so its imposible for Shikamaru to somehow sneak up his shadow on Neji.

On the other hand Shikamaru has those chakra knifes which he simply needs to throw into Neji's shadow and then he can end the fight with his Shadow Sewing impaling Neji.

The question is if Neji's Gentje Fist can free him from Shikamaru's Shadows like it did with Kidoumaru's Spider Webs and Kisame's Water Prison... since there probably has to be chakra molded into the shadows which then in turn could possibly be disrupted.

Still leaning towards Shikamaru winning this though... Neji was shown to have trouble with long range fighters like Kidoumaru and Shikamaru is also a long/mid range fighter who's a lot smarter then Kidoumaru.
    Last edited by LnDRash; June 27, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

his palm of air can hit people although he isn't close to them. and he can rejects every attack with the supreme rotation.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Against mid-range Ninjas like Shino and Shikamaru
    Kidomaru would disagree with you.

Quote Quote:
    On the other hand Shikamaru has those chakra knifes which he simply needs to throw into Neji's shadow and then he can end the fight with his shadow Shadow Sewing impaling Neji.
    If Neji's all point chakra expulsion (which doesn't require movement) has enough force to blow away and seriously damage a Clone Zetsu with his spike-cage thing wrapped around him, it definitely has enough power to dislodge a knife from the ground.
    Last edited by White Silver King; June 27, 2011 at 02:24 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this one is a bit too tough for Shikamaru, but it's just a matchups issue. I think Shikamaru is one of the "strongest" (as a relative term) characters in the manga, but his strength would come in small team settings. If there was a 2v2 / 3v3 tournament, I would almost say pairing Shikamaru with any one strong physical fighter would almost be hax. But one on one, without a Kakashi, Naruto, etc backing him up, I think he can only go so far.

I think Neiji would pull this out, due to his 360 degree vision aiding him in avoiding Shikamaru's shadow techniques. But still, mad props to Shikamaru and maybe there will be a 3v3 tournament someday where he can shine.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Imo, Neji and the Hyuugas are highly underestimated and personally I think Neji's got this.

First of all, many are probably saying that Neji have lots of problems against long-range fighters but lets not forget the opposite, Shikamaru isn't the best against short range, as well. All of his opponents have been long-range, except, Hidan and we all know that Shika would have bitten the dust if it hadn't been for his extremely long preparing time. However, against Neji, he will be fully prepared knowing exactly what Neji is capable of but Neji does prevail in speed and should he get close enough just like Hidan did he will finish it unlike Hidan.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji takes this - in one on one battle, Neji is just superior fighter: speed, overall taijutsu style, Byakugan. Also, I don't see Shikamaru catching Neji with his shadows - that may be sad, but Neji proven he is quite good at dodging in a genius style <> Funny, that almost all of that I <we> base on part 1 Neji xd

btw. not to mention that in rookies top10 or sth I consider Neji really high, so in my view: no contest here.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    btw. not to mention that in rookies top10 or sth I consider Neji really high, so in my view: no contest here.
    With the exception of Naruto, of the Konoha 11 I have no doubt that Neji is the strongest. The only ones who could put up any sort of competition are Shino and Shikamura. We already know how the Shino fight went (which I completely agree with - Neji would own Shino) and, most likely, he's going to beat Shikamaru in this fight as well.
    Last edited by White Silver King; June 27, 2011 at 03:30 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Man,i think i've started a run i don't really want..a losing one lol.Still i'm going to take shikamaru Brains over anything
    neji has to offer.It might seem illogical to some of you guys.I place a higher value on the ole grey matter than a
    kekki kenkai infused shinobi.Neji can't do too much against shika shadow bind technique...
    unless it's overcast that day pmsl.

What good is a near 360 degree vision.If you can't keep tabs on the shadow that would be required
    to get a ''flawless victory''...yes i said it FLAWLESS.There's a reason kakashi spoke well of shikamaru
    and Asuma too.He's already worked out the BEST way to defeat his opponent,And it's just a matter
    of time before manovering him into postion.

I won't vote yet...i'll see which way ninjabot goes and then do the opposite...pmsl.
    Last edited by kakashidad; June 27, 2011 at 04:07 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shikamura thinks through a thousand possible outcomes and politely withdraws from the tournament...

Neji's 360 vision will make it extremely hard for Shikamaru to sneak up on him with his kunai and shadow attacks. Even if Shikamaru, somehow catches him, Neji can still protect himself by releasing chakra throughout his body.
    Last edited by chilibun; June 27, 2011 at 04:25 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast