Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neji

77 65.81%
  • Shikamaru

40 34.19%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Neji vs Shikamaru

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neji vs Shikamaru

Neji has a ranged attack that could prove annoying but not game changing. The problem for Neji here is that all his abilities are melee skills. The first time he touches Shikamaru, hes getting trapped by his shadow like Hidan did. After that, its likely all over for Neji.

Without prior knowledge of his shadow jutsus, when Neji gets in close he loses. I doubt he has the chakra strength of a Curse seal level 2, and I doubt the chakra emmision ability would help in this case unless Shikamaru gets in real close to the point where he is hugging him. Probably can't transmit his chakra through the shadow either like he did with Kidoumaru.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    It was only 3%, since it was a ten percent clone of a 30% clone. And he had his teammates fighting with him when this happened and yet they were all captured.

And while Shikamaru is no Kisame, Neji sure as shit isn't Hidan.
    10% or 3% of something that takes a village to fight is still pretty damn ridiculous. Neji himself noted when Kisame showed up (at only 30%) that he hadn't seen that much chakra at once since Naruto (who had been tapping into the Kyuubi). And...yea, he caught them with the same technique at that the legendary Kakashi was caught with...not too embarrassing.

Shikamaru excels at team fights. There's nothing wrong with that at all, but it's pretty hard to surprise someone with near-360 degree vision, perception of any attack within 50 meters, and the ability to pump chakra from every part of his body. I actually wonder if he could use his chakra against the shadow techs, since they are extensions of Shikamaru's chakra, but there's no proof of that. At the end of the day though, he was able to free himself from the Water Prison, which you aren't supposed to be able to move in...so I can't really believe that he wouldn't be able to do anything to the shadow techs. Not to mention that he only needs to get one hit in for it to be a wrap.

Neji is no Hidan, but he's faster, more perceptive, smarter, and, just like Hidan, he only has to connect with one close-range attack to pretty much dead Shikamaru.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King
    I did put Neji after Naruto. And Sasuke isn't a member of the Konoha 11 - hence the name.
    The thread which I'm referring to seems to add Sasuke as well, thats why "rookies".

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi
    And while Shikamaru is no Kisame, Neji sure as shit isn't Hidan.
    Of course not. Neji is better than shitty Hidan though Hidan seems good counter for Neji.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191
    The first time he touches Shikamaru, hes getting trapped by his shadow like Hidan did. After that, its likely all over for Neji.
    The time Neji uses jyuuken or 64 palm strike, its the end for Shikamaru's short range prowess. Besides, Hidan taijutsu is physcial type, like Lee - Neji's style is jyuuken, sth completely different. Wonder if Shika would like to connect his punch or whatever with Neji <assuming he would be able to> when that one 'hit' could demolish some chakra system or sth of Shikamaru giving an opening for Neji to just finish him off.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    The time Neji uses jyuuken or 64 palm strike, its the end for Shikamaru's short range prowess. Besides, Hidan taijutsu is physcial type, like Lee - Neji's style is jyuuken, sth completely different. Wonder if Shika would like to connect his punch or whatever with Neji <assuming he would be able to> when that one 'hit' could demolish some chakra system or sth of Shikamaru giving an opening for Neji to just finish him off.
    It doesn't need to be a punch from Shikamaru to Neji, it could be the other way around. Jyuuken deals damage in a different way but the medium is the same, with a physical strike. It takes 64 strikes at least to completely seal a persons chakra system whereas it only needs 1 hit for Shikamaru to get him in a bind. Unless he goes straight for the heart, I don't think he will be one shotting Shikamaru.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The 64 strike is basically a one shot considering what we have seen from it. At the very least, the speed of the strikes means it's not something that can be easily countered, especially by someone who hasn't shown great reflexes.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji has also a long range attack , and a Jyuuken to Shikamaru's hand, if he tries to do what he did to Hidan, would leave him incapable of using shadow stich and shadow suffocating jutsu, and unable to form another shadow the next time.

IMO Neji wins this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mack's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, shikamaru get this. He is stronger than Neji.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Shikamaru was able to take on (1-on-1) Hidan, which we all saw as a taijutsu phenomenon to the point of tricking him so many times in a row that I came multiple times. Shikamaru isn't just some totem that stands around doing his jutsu.

He's also able to figure opponents out almost instantly. Coming from the Hyuuga Clan, a clan renowned globally for their Byakugan. Neji won't know Shikamaru is from the Nara clan just by looking at him, but Shikamaru will know Neji's from the Hyuuga clan just by looking at his eyes. So right off the bat he's gonna avoid close to mid-range contact with Neji. Although, this battle's gonna be pretty uphill for Shikamaru. To a point where the hill's almost perpendicular to the ground.

Somehow, with all the development we've seen from Shikamaru and how stagnant the Byakugan ability pool has become, no doubt Shikamaru will take this. Neji has to be super aggressive and come at Shikamaru without giving him any kind of break in order to take this. Doing so will risk his shadow getting caught by Shikamaru's technique. Once Neji's binded, Shikamaru can either impale him or strangle him. So Shikamaru's not necessarily a team fighter only. He can eliminate a caught opponent all on his own. He needs to be closer for his jutsu to be more effective, but once he's measured the distance of Neji's attack, he'll be as close as healthily possible and end Neji.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    Well, shikamaru get this. He is stronger than Neji.
    I disagree. Shikamaru wins this cause he is a bad match up for Neji. Neji close range fighting style only leads to getting caught in some type of trap.

I definitely believe that Neji is the stronger of the two shinobi, and could defeat more opponents then shikamaru, but its the match ups.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Shikamaru was able to take on (1-on-1) Hidan, which we all saw as a taijutsu phenomenon to the point of tricking him so many times in a row that I came multiple times
    You need to reread. Shikamaru used his Shadow jutsu to capture Hidan a few times but he was never able to deal a lethal blow. By the time Shikmaru got him to the forest he was almost out of chakra. Besides the explosion, the only damage done to Hidan was when he stabbed himself and the only reason Shikamaru wasn't dead is because Kakashi helped him get Kakuzu's blood. After that all that happened, was the trap which Shikamaru has a very long time to prepare and it was on his home turf as well. If a single one of those things had been missing, Shikamaru would be dead.

Even if the Byakugan is "stagnant" it coupled with Neji's speed, Gentle Fist, agility, evasion ability and intelligence and the fact that Shikamaru has pretty low stamina (he has (almost) run out of chakra in all his fight IIRC) all equal a win for Neji.

Quote Quote:
    Neji has to be super aggressive and come at Shikamaru without giving him any kind of break in order to take this.
    And why can't he do that? He starts all his fights with the intent to kill unlike many of the idiots in this series.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    The 64 strike is basically a one shot considering what we have seen from it. At the very least, the speed of the strikes means it's not something that can be easily countered, especially by someone who hasn't shown great reflexes.
    Not to mention that each strike would theoretically slow you down/make it harder for you to dodge >_>

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Plain and simple: if Neji doesn't one-shot Shikamaru, he's done for. In fact, Neji doesn't even have to make such close contact because the moment his shadow overlaps Shikamaru's it's over. Shikamaru ducking or evading (something he doesn't have to be broken in Taijutsu in order to accomplish, I mean, he not only evaded Hidan's attack but was able to place blood on its tip and feign death - all so fast that Hidan didn't even notice) is enough for their shadows to overlap. Once that happens, while the shadows are still connected, Shikamaru then from a safe distance can either strangle, impale, or snap Neji's neck with his shadow. That simple.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If the shadows can be pushed by someone's chakra (and indeed, they couldn't even hold someone of Naruto's caliber) I don't see why Neji wouldn't be able to break them similar to how he did Kidomaru's web or Kisame's water prison, both of which were supposed to restrict, if not seal, your movement...things made of chakra, can be destroyed by putting chakra into them, right?

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Water and web are tangible things. This is a shadow we're talking about. The only way to break free from the kage mane is not by breaking the shadow but by overpowering Shikamaru chakra-wise. But, the closer the target the stronger the hold. Mind you, Shikamaru was almost at a stalemate against one of the Sound4 at level 2 curse seal but was overpowered because of all the chakra he had lost already. But he's strong enough to hold both Kakuzu and Hidan. Kakuzu was only able to break the hold because he sent his hand underground. However, that still doesn't null the fact that Shikamaru held both Akatsuki members with his chakra. Not only that, but after that skirmish he was able to lead Hidan all the way to his family's forest all with Hidan to his whim. That's a large ass chakra reserve. It all comes down to who has more chakra to break it. If Shikamaru was able to hold Hidan for so long - someone in Akatsuki, what's to stop him from holding Neji long enough to either break his neck or stab his heart? Shikamaru is a very bad matchup for Neji. Shikamaru is like his natural counter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mack's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    I disagree. Shikamaru wins this cause he is a bad match up for Neji. Neji close range fighting style only leads to getting caught in some type of trap.

I definitely believe that Neji is the stronger of the two shinobi, and could defeat more opponents then shikamaru, but its the match ups.
    That't what i meant. When Shika wins, it means he is stronger. In meaning better, not in real streght. Shikamaru simply has the upper hand when it comes to Neji. Does not matter what Neji uses, once he gets close to shika, it is over. Close range fighter simpky can't win against guy like shikamaru. And I'm not saying against somebody from Nara clan, I¨m saying against shikamaru.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast