Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee

41 33.61%
  • Kimimaro

81 66.39%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee vs Kimimaro

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    I totally agree. More time is needed here. Eight Gates vs. Cursed Seal 2 ends in a double knockout. On one wins.
    he can only open 5 gates and 5 gates could not even get through a thin layer of sand above garra' skin

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenheadedmirror View Post
    Lee. Three reasons:

1.-He has an inferred power up from the time lapse, I know it seems unfair for me to give it but I will, this guy is all about hard work, has he supposedly become a slacker all this time?, I don't think so.

2.- Lee was sick at the time.

3.- There's no way his drunken fist can be one third as good as him releasing the gates.

So for me it's like this: Upgrade + Injury + not having used his best arsenal against Kimi = win for present Lee.
    2 Kimmi was dying at the time and moving out of willpower alone

3 Lee did bring out a gate when fighting it did nothing oh yeah and he did no damage with Drunken fist ether nor could 5 gates break through Garra's sand shild when Kimmi could by tackling

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    I give you some reason why kimimaro win.
    Kaguya Clan.
    Kimimaro's body was badly damaged and still kimimaro fought so hard and strong techniques.
    Kekkei Genkai,Shikotsu Myaku =Kimimaro has the ability to manipulate their bone structure. They can remove their bones at will to create weapons as strong as steel and also use their ability to spurn the creation of new bones.
    Kimimaro will use These taijutsu techniques would mix body movement with his ability to extend bones. Kimimaro would also use his Earth Seal to expand these dance forms, granting him the ability to use his bloodline to its ultimate limit.
    Curse Mark,Kimimaro to use his highest cursed seal form and use his highest Dance technique as the limit to cover the land full of Corpse Bone Gaara thought that he killed Kimimaro gaara and Lee let down their guard. Appearing from behind them Kimimaro was within striking distance to kill the two ninja, however he had pushed his body too far and it finally gave out, ending his life.
    this is why kimimaro win and he is more skill even if his body was badly damaged.
    Kaguya clan is not a good agument

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    Well the last time they fought we didnt get to see them go all out. Lee didnt open any gates, he was hurt from the chuunin exams and he held his ground pretty good. And Kimi went CS2 against Gaara not Lee. But honestly I dont know what will happen once Lee opens the gates. I dont think Kimmi's bones can block Lee's attacks. I wanna say Lee wins but Im not sure. Ill post later, I need more time
    Lee did use a gate and his gates did nothing to Kimmi

Lee's gates did nothing to Gaara as well and Kimmi's defence is better then Gaara's
    Know your Place Humans

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnvy View Post
    Kaguya clan is not a good agument
    tell me why to believe the kaguya clan wasn't a good argument, they're so strong and even if most of them died because the challenged their village and kimimaro showed why they were so strong with their Shikotsu Myaku - Corpse Bone Pathways .
    Last edited by EMS; July 02, 2011 at 05:59 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way Lee could conceivably win this is with Drunken Fist AND Five Gates, but we might as well not count Drunken Fist because he can't use it voluntarily. We're not allowed to infer any growth from the time skip because the discussion has to be based on feats, and frankly Lee hasn't done anything new. Cursed Seal 2 Kimimaro was greater than Gaara, Gaara was greater than Lee. I don't think Kimimaro is necessarily MORE durable than Gaara, but Lee will have a lot of trouble punching a porcupine of bone. Or reacting at all to Dance of the Seedling Fern. He has no way to handle an opponent hiding in an entire forest of spikes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudou Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee could win this. He is way more powerful than Part 1, which we'll hopefully see in the future.

I know its a gabmle and kimmimaro is strong but I'll go with Lee here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm leaning Kimimaro. It's possible that Lee's speed in Gates would be harder for Kimimaro to read, but at the same time Kimi's more than proven that his bones are practically indestructable. It would most likely bee a repeat of Lee's fight against Gaara, where even if Lee beats him by speed, he's just pummeling the outside of Kimi's armor. If Lee can't damage Kimimaro using Gates then he can't win, meanwhile Lee would be left dodging moves that could kill him with one hit. The damage Lee can do to Kimi is pretty much speculative, while we know Kimimaro can do great damage to Lee, and we know that when Lee uses Gates he leaves short opening which a ninja of Kimi's ability can take advantage of.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, I'm pretty amazed so many people are voting for Kimi. I brought up the fact that Kimi would beat a post-skip Lee in a fight during this war and people just descended on me like animals lol.

My vote goes to Kimi. I'm positive Lee cannot break his bones and if by some miracle he does, where ever he kicks he'll get stabbed.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marshmallow-sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes my main man Kimi takes this. I don't understand why people think the Gates will be the winning factor. Yeah, the Gates will definitely heavily boost Lee up, but what we saw of CS2 Kimi when he was fighting Gaara and Lee and he was only moving on his free will and not 100% healthy...yeah Kimi takes this.

Yum~

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    tell me why to believe the kaguya clan wasn't a good argument, they're so strong and even if most of them died because the challenged their village and kimimaro showed why they were so strong with their Shikotsu Myaku - Corpse Bone Pathways .
    actully hardley any of the clan had it and he was a one in a million with Talent he was more skilled then any of the members of that clan

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou Sennin View Post
    Lee could win this. He is way more powerful than Part 1, which we'll hopefully see in the future.

I know its a gabmle and kimmimaro is strong but I'll go with Lee here.
    1 we don't know how much more powerful he is however and Kimmi was beating Lee silly Lee could not hurt him pre time skip

2 Gaara could not hurt him pre time skipp no one could hurt him pre time skip he is faster then Lee and better at Taijutsu then Lee

3 Lee turns on gates he just turns on pocupine qills and lee impales himself he beat Lee with out his curse seal as well

4 plus Kimmi was dying
    Know your Place Humans

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it would be such an easy win for Kimimaro. I mean Lee who was in such a battered condition whereby he couldn't even walk properly a few chapters back still managed to surprise a CS2 Kimimaro. Granted, there wasn't really any damage done but I would like to believe that a 100% Lee in part 2 has a stronger kick. Besides, even Gaara commented on Lee being "weaker"(in a sense) compared to the time when Lee fought Gaara.

Kimimaro's bone defense is great and all but Lee can possibly surprise him and hit before the bones can be formed to protect him. It's kinda hard for me to decide on this for now.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    I don't know if it would be such an easy win for Kimimaro. I mean Lee who was in such a battered condition whereby he couldn't even walk properly a few chapters back still managed to surprise a CS2 Kimimaro. Granted, there wasn't really any damage done but I would like to believe that a 100% Lee in part 2 has a stronger kick. Besides, even Gaara commented on Lee being "weaker"(in a sense) compared to the time when Lee fought Gaara.

Kimimaro's bone defense is great and all but Lee can possibly surprise him and hit before the bones can be formed to protect him. It's kinda hard for me to decide on this for now.
    your agument and page loses for the fact that he was focusing on Gaara and Lee had to be saved by Gaara

his kick is stronger no doubt but honestly it won't matter he won't be able to do enough damage plus the bones are already there he can't break the bones no matter what he does infact he won't be that much faster then Kimmi even with all the gates active and they won't let him win

he uses them he will die he won't do any damage to Kimmi and will be a sitting duck once the effect wears off
    Know your Place Humans

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

His bones are so extremely hard even if he gets surprised nothing would happen... maybe he would be send flying but thats it. That "surprise kick" you've shown us only tells me two things:

A) Even a clean hit to Kimimaro's neck did absolutely nothing.
    B) SC2 Kimimaro thought its not even necessary to pay attention to Lee anymore.

This fight is actually very simple. We know base Lee has nothing on Kimimaro, so can 5 Gates Lee take out Kimimaro before he tears up his own body? Imho the answer is a clear no! We are talking about a guy here that can even pull out his spine and regrow it... even if by some miracle Lee could break a few bones, Kimimaro can simply regenerate and reinforce them.

Now some people might say "yeah but what about internal and brain damage??". Then ask yourself this: If Gaara can take a clean hit from the Extreme Lotus straight into his gut without taking any internal injuries or being knocked out while he's protected by nothing more then a thin layer of sand above his skin, why should Kimimaro?

Or even better: If Seven Gates Gai's Noon Tiger wasn't enough to knock out a guy like Kisame, who's simply exceptionally tough but doesn't have some indestructible skeleton, what hopes does Lee have with his Five Gates Extreme Lotus against Kimimaro, who's been said to be invulnerable to any physical attack?
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

your agument and page loses for the fact that he was focusing on Gaara and Lee had to be saved by Gaara

his kick is stronger no doubt but honestly it won't matter he won't be able to do enough damage plus the bones are already there he can't break the bones no matter what he does infact he won't be that much faster then Kimmi even with all the gates active and they won't let him win

he uses them he will die he won't do any damage to Kimmi and will be a sitting duck once the effect wears off
    At the same time, Lee was already ridiculously worn out as well and he announced his attack prior to attacking. Actually Lee would be faster compared to Kimi even in part 1 since in that fight he was not as fast as he was. Considering the upgrade in part 2 I would assume that he is a little bit faster and if Kimi goes CS 2, he becomes slower as well. So Lee doesn't have to go all out in the Gates to outspeed him. That's for sure.

I agree that Lee would have a hard time bypassing the bones which is why I say a surprise attack before the bone armor is used. However you have to consider the fact that Kimimaro would have a hard time landing an attack on Lee as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    His bones are so extremely hard even if he gets surprised nothing would happen... maybe he would be send flying but thats it. That "surprise kick" you've shown us only tells me two things:

A) Even a clean hit to Kimimaro's neck did absolutely nothing.
    B) SC2 Kimimaro thought its not even necessary to pay attention to Lee anymore.

This fight is actually very simple. We know base Lee has nothing on Kimimaro, so can 5 Gates Lee take out Kimimaro before he tears up his own body? Imho the answer is a clear no! We are talking about a guy here that can even pull out his spine and regrow it... even if by some miracle Lee could break a few bones, Kimimaro can simply regenerate and reinforce them.

Now some people might say "yeah but what about internal and brain damage??". Then ask yourself this: If Gaara can take a clean hit from the Extreme Lotus straight into his gut without taking any internal injuries or being knocked out while he's protected by nothing more then a thin layer of sand above his skin, why should Kimimaro?

Or even better: If Seven Gates Gai's Noon Tiger wasn't enough to knock out a guy like Kisame, who's simply exceptionally tough but doesn't have some indestructible skeleton, what hopes does Lee have with his Five Gates Extreme Lotus against Kimimaro, who's been said to be invulnerable to any physical attack?
    Well that is CS2 Kimimaro who have shown such tanking abilities to the neck and such. But at the same time, this version of Kimimaro is very much slower. It's like him trading his speed for power when he uses CS2 which could very well backfire on him.

I think that you're underestimating the sand armor though. At the very least it was seen that minerals compressed by Gaara's chakra was hard enough to counter the thickest and strongest bone in Kimimaro's body. So the sand covering Gaara's body which is made from a stronger version of sand could very well be more durable.

Afternoon Tiger can be weakened by the Daikoudan that Kisame fired off as well. So it's not fair to say that Afternoon Tiger is weak when we have saw how powerful Morning Peacock can be.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

he can only open 5 gates and 5 gates could not even get through a thin layer of sand above garra' skin
    That was then this is now. If Gai-sensei can beat the crap out of Kisame who is much stronger than Kimimaro, what make you think that Lee cannot do likewise with Kimimaro? Do not underestimate the power of the Eight Gates.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'am fairly certain that part with being slower coming from Lee is an mistranslation. If I remember right Lee was talking about himself and that he's slower then he used to, which was a reference to Gaara saving him from Kimimaro's tail strike.

Quote Quote:
    I think that you're underestimating the sand armor though. At the very least it was seen that minerals compressed by Gaara's chakra was hard enough to counter the thickest and strongest bone in Kimimaro's body. So the sand covering Gaara's body which is made from a stronger version of sand could very well be more durable.
    Did Gaara have those minerals during his fight against Lee? If not then its irrelevant because its not changing the fact that Lee couldn't break trough Gaara's normal sand armor.

I realy doubt it because back then he had nothing more then the sand from the gourd on his back and it was nowhere stated that this sand is exceptionally hard.
    Last edited by LnDRash; July 02, 2011 at 11:34 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'am fairly certain that part with being slower coming from Lee is an mistranslation. If I remember right Lee was talking about himself and that he's slower then he used to, which was a reference to Gaara saving him from Kimimaro's tail strike.
    Can someone clarify this because I don't remember seeing another translation for this. Though you must admit that Kimimaro does seem slower when he is in CS2 as opposed to his base form and CS1.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Did Gaara have those minerals during his fight against Lee? If not then its irrelevant because its not changing the fact that Lee couldn't break trough Gaara's normal sand armor.

I realy doubt it because back then he had nothing more then the sand from the gourd on his back and it was nowhere stated that this sand is exceptionally hard.
    The sand on the gourd was said to be "stronger" and "faster" so I would assume that it is better than regular sand regardless. I already link you to that page.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast