Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee

    41 33.61%
  • Kimimaro

    81 66.39%
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 123

Thread: Lee vs Kimimaro

  1. #61
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    i acutually thinkw e wills ee this match in the manga, and then will lee win, voted for lee, cause he couldnt use his strongest moves back then and is now even older

  2. #62
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    but guys,we still don't know if Lee can use his gates now,nor if he is able to open more than 5. we know almost nothing of him now that he is chunin,but I don't think he(as he is now) can defeat the 3 who fought against kimimaro in volume 24: Naruto powered by 9-tails,lee himself with a gate and gaara. even with 5 gates he could nothing in front of gaara,and there gaara was stronger.nevertheless,Kimi won against them 3. FACE IT,KIMI WINS!

  3. #63
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    Well, lee did manage to use his gates when he fought kimimaru before but in turn he only used one. I would think he is still perfectly capable of using at least the 5 gates he could use before. I still don't think that is quite enough to win against kimimaru. Kimimaru showed he was just too lethal and resistant. Even when he was having trouble against drunk lee he easily dealt with it by having bones could out of his body. Kimimaru was overwhelmingly fast back in the day to the point where keeping up with lee was not an issue, I doubt even now speed would be an issue for kimimaru. Once kimimaru gets his taijutsu running there is not reason for lee to be able to hurt him significantly either and even attacking should actually hurt lee as it is unlikely that he won't meet spiky bones halfway through a punch or kick. Kimimaru has every advantage here....

  4. #64
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnvy View Post
    Kimmimaro already said himself that he was not able to move and was doing so out of will power alone

    how is Gaara supposed to know that Kimmimaro is slower then normal he never met the guy Kimmimaro was badly impared

    the only time he had difficulty with Lee was when he got drunk because he could not prodict him their
    That's cool and all but he have shown no sign of being any slower that he was. It wasn't until the very end did we actually see the effects of his illness. That he still had the curse seal to help him out in this regard.

    It could one of the Sound 4 commenting on it. Or Orochimaru talking to Kabuto about it. It could be anything but fact is it wasn't mentioned that he slowed down.

    Which shows that he wasn't that much faster than Lee. And this is a badly injured Lee who have shown to have slowed down as opposed to Kimimaro.

    ---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, lee did manage to use his gates when he fought kimimaru before but in turn he only used one. I would think he is still perfectly capable of using at least the 5 gates he could use before. I still don't think that is quite enough to win against kimimaru. Kimimaru showed he was just too lethal and resistant. Even when he was having trouble against drunk lee he easily dealt with it by having bones could out of his body. Kimimaru was overwhelmingly fast back in the day to the point where keeping up with lee was not an issue, I doubt even now speed would be an issue for kimimaru. Once kimimaru gets his taijutsu running there is not reason for lee to be able to hurt him significantly either and even attacking should actually hurt lee as it is unlikely that he won't meet spiky bones halfway through a punch or kick. Kimimaru has every advantage here....
    Though we have to keep in mind that Kimimaro was forced to use CS1 against a druken Lee and first Gate Lee. Even if we were to ignore the condition of Lee's body back then, it is shown through the DB that Lee has a significant increase in strength and his speed is even faster now. So things might very well shift to his favour now.

  5. #65
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    He only activated cursed seal partially against drunken Lee and a few moments afterwards Lee was basically beaten. It wasn't until Gaara got Kimimaro with his Desert Coffin before Kimimaro has gone full SC1 Mode.

    This is what SC1 Kimi looks like:

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-220-17...apter-215.html

    Also, look at what Gai said:

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-215-18...apter-210.html

    From what he's saying on this page I come to the conclusion that Drunken Lee managed to knock out Gai in this restaurant... so its entirely possible that drunken Lee is actually equal or stronger then Gates Lee.
    Last edited by LnDRash; July 04, 2011 at 09:49 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  6. #66
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    He only activated cursed seal partially against drunken Lee and a few moments afterwards Lee was basically beaten. It wasn't until Gaara got Kimimaro with his Desert Coffin before Kimimaro has gone full SC1 Mode.

    Also, look at what Gai said:

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-215-18...apter-210.html

    From what he's saying on this page I come to the conclusion that Drunken Lee managed to knock out Gai in this restaurant... so its entirely possible that drunken Lee is actually equal or stronger then Gates Lee.
    While that is true I must admit that I don't really see the difference in power granted between the partial CS 1 and full CS1 though at least no one have actually shown it except Kimimaro in this case IIRC.

    Hard to say but I doubt drunken lee is faster or stronger in a sense when compared to his Gates. His movements are probably slight faster and stronger but I would say that it's the unpredictable part that makes it dangerous. But overall, I doubt that it is even close to what 5 Gates Lee can accomplish.

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #67
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    While that is true I must admit that I don't really see the difference in power granted between the partial CS 1 and full CS1 though at least no one have actually shown it except Kimimaro in this case IIRC.

    Hard to say but I doubt drunken lee is faster or stronger in a sense when compared to his Gates. His movements are probably slight faster and stronger but I would say that it's the unpredictable part that makes it dangerous. But overall, I doubt that it is even close to what 5 Gates Lee can accomplish.
    yes it is buecause Drunk lee won't hurt lee at all and Kimmi can read his opponent even if Lee is really fast

    drunk lee can't be predicted thats what gave Kimmi problems drunk lee was not capable of hurting him but was just being anonying so he used a bit of curse seal to increase his speed a tiny bit so he would be able to hit him

    the curse seal actully hurts the body as well so the seal was not helping Kimmi's condition

    Kimmimaro was not supposed to be able to move its a fact Kabuto and Kimmimaro said he was not supposed to be capable of moving yet he was his body was easily weaker

    yet Kabuto was quite sure that Kimmimaro could handle anyone the life sent and he did

    honestly your grasping at straws here Lee with 5 gates could not break Gaara's defence and Kimmi's defence is stronger

    Orochimaru said that no physical attack can destory Kimmi's skeleton and Orochimaru is almost never wrong
    Know your Place Humans

  9. #68
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    but think about it: chunin Lee(as he is now) with 5 gates must be incredible strong,but Kimimaro > fox's chakra-Naruto
    + Lee 1 gate and drunk + gaara. that gaara was stronger than how he was when he defeated 5 gates Lee. then this new Lee would have to be stronger than someone who was stronger than how he was when he had defeated 5 gates lee. even if lee can defeat these 3,he can't win against kimi,who owned them.

  10. #69
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnvy View Post
    yes it is buecause Drunk lee won't hurt lee at all and Kimmi can read his opponent even if Lee is really fast

    drunk lee can't be predicted thats what gave Kimmi problems drunk lee was not capable of hurting him but was just being anonying so he used a bit of curse seal to increase his speed a tiny bit so he would be able to hit him

    the curse seal actully hurts the body as well so the seal was not helping Kimmi's condition

    Kimmimaro was not supposed to be able to move its a fact Kabuto and Kimmimaro said he was not supposed to be capable of moving yet he was his body was easily weaker

    yet Kabuto was quite sure that Kimmimaro could handle anyone the life sent and he did

    honestly your grasping at straws here Lee with 5 gates could not break Gaara's defence and Kimmi's defence is stronger

    Orochimaru said that no physical attack can destory Kimmi's skeleton and Orochimaru is almost never wrong
    Kimimaro wasn't able to fight Drunk Lee at all and it wasn't just because Lee was annoying that Kimimaro went CS1, he went CS1 because he had to.

    When was it ever shown that CS actually harms the body? The only time such a thing was shown when Sasuke forced a Chidori.

    That still doesn't show that he slowed down or anything. Because like I said, he showed nothing that suggest he was slower than he normally was.

    Proof that Gaara's defense is weaker and you have your point.


    Almost never wrong = he can't still be wrong.

    ---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    but think about it: chunin Lee(as he is now) with 5 gates must be incredible strong,but Kimimaro > fox's chakra-Naruto
    + Lee 1 gate and drunk + gaara. that gaara was stronger than how he was when he defeated 5 gates Lee. then this new Lee would have to be stronger than someone who was stronger than how he was when he had defeated 5 gates lee. even if lee can defeat these 3,he can't win against kimi,who owned them.
    You make it sound like Kimimaro actually took on those 3 all at once when the fact is he took them one by one which is a big difference. Then there's the problem with you saying that "even if lee can defeat these 3, he can't win against kimi who owned them." because there's no such proof.

  11. #70
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    The difference in speed is definitely there and it is in Lee's favour IMO...but does that count if Lee's power will not penetrate Kimi's bone armor? Because if Lee will use the gates and he fails to kill Kimi, then the game is over...we've seen that Kimi can pull a jutsu ou of nowhere, and at a pretty high scale, so his stamina and chakra levels are pretty nice

  12. #71
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    As much as I like Lee, I cant see him win in any scenario.

    His only power is Taijutsu yet it is nullified by Kimi's Kekkai Genkai. Even opening the gates won't have any effect, sure it will make lee faster and stonger but to what avail? On the other hand Kimi is a letal close, mid and long ranges.

    Kimi takes this.

  13. #72
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    The difference in speed is definitely there and it is in Lee's favour IMO...but does that count if Lee's power will not penetrate Kimi's bone armor? Because if Lee will use the gates and he fails to kill Kimi, then the game is over...we've seen that Kimi can pull a jutsu ou of nowhere, and at a pretty high scale, so his stamina and chakra levels are pretty nice
    Well since Kimi's bone armor isn't always on, Lee with his speed can certainly surprise attack him. If not, we would also have to assume how much Lee's strength have increased after the timeskip because his strength stat did have a significant increase. And while that increase in strength doesn't mean that it would break the bone, I would still think that it can cause a bad concussion if blows are done to the head for example.

  14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #73
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    Well since Kimi's bone armor isn't always on, Lee with his speed can certainly surprise attack him. If not, we would also have to assume how much Lee's strength have increased after the timeskip because his strength stat did have a significant increase. And while that increase in strength doesn't mean that it would break the bone, I would still think that it can cause a bad concussion if blows are done to the head for example.
    Gaara seemed pretty good though, even if I admit that Gaara's armor is better than Kimi's...high density of resistant crystals is better than high density of bones I think

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #74
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    Quote Quote:
    Kimimaro wasn't able to fight Drunk Lee at all and it wasn't just because Lee was annoying that Kimimaro went CS1, he went CS1 because he had to.
    Kimi went CS1 against Gaara, not Lee.

    Quote Quote:
    I would still think that it can cause a bad concussion if blows are done to the head for example.
    Naruto is hardly a medical journal, if Kishi even acknowledged the existence of concussions/brain trauma in this manga everyone would be dead. Gaara didn't have any sort cranial injury after Lee Hidden Lotused him. We have yet to see who's bodily defense is stronger Gaara or Kimi so until them I'm going to assume they're equal. Kimi has shown to be able to create a complete layer of virtually indestructible bone under his skin, that would surely protect his brain from injury from almost, if not, everything Lee can throw at him especially a regular kick to the noggin.
    Last edited by White Silver King; July 05, 2011 at 12:41 PM.

  18. #75
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

    Who's to say that Lee won't open the gates and then get buzzed? Hmmm, maybe he won't. If he's drunk out of his mind he won't give a rat's ass about opening all 8 gates. Although I doubt Lee knows how to open them all. If he's not only drunk, but opens up to the 7th gate in that stupor, just as the biblical allegory, opening the 7th gate = all hell breaks loose. An unpredictable Lee with the power of 7 chakra gates opened equals on dead Kimimaro.

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts