Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee

41 33.61%
  • Kimimaro

81 66.39%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee vs Kimimaro

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

Well first of all thats after the time skip, which means it's not necessarily the case when he fought Lee... since back then nobody mentioned something like that.

Secondly Deidara talks about this Sand having more chakra infused, which makes it faster and more powerful... not about the sand being infused with extremely hard minerals like in case of his fight against Kimimaro. Imho that stuff with the minerals only applies to the Shukaku Shield, which has much more mass then Gaara's gourd and thus obviously needs to be created from an outside sand source.

The way I understand it Gaara was digging up and mixing those minerals into his sand while he was producing the new sand to fight Kimimaro, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it... If this was always the case its more likely he would have said something like "My sand is reinforced with the strongest and most dense minerals" instead.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-222-4/...apter-217.html
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Shaunlim; while damaging Kimimaro is indeed difficult, at the same time, Kimimaro landing blows on 100% Lee is also going to be difficult. I don't think we're allowed to infer how much stronger Kimimaro would be without the illness; actually, I think we're supposed to take what we've seen and not downgrade it due to his illness. On the other hand, we've actually seen Lee at ~100% (even in the Chuunin exam, no one was really 100% outside of Gaara, IIRC), and we've seen the damage the gates allow him to inflict.

Looking at the databook, his strength during the Chuunin exam was 3/5; respectable for a Genin, but not anything too special (Kakashi has a 3.5). Post-timeskip, his strength is a 4.5/5, making him physically stronger than Asuma or Hidan, and putting him at the same level as Chouji and non-Sage Mode Jiraiya. Considering the speed boost he got from the gates, and the strength as well (he went from barely nicking the sand armor to nearly removing it), and it's also implied that if Gaara didn't slip out of his armor or change the gourd to sand (did he even do that consciously?), he would've taken heavy damage from the Omote and Ura Renge, respectively.

Anyway, it's a foregone conclusion that Kimimaro is going to win this fight, I just want to know how he actually hits someone with Lee's speed and defeats him.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Well first of all thats after the time skip, which means it's not necessarily the case when he fought Lee... since back then nobody mentioned something like that.

Secondly Deidara talks about this Sand having more chakra infused, which makes it faster and more powerful... not about the sand being infused with extremely hard minerals like in case of his fight against Kimimaro. Imho that stuff with the minerals only applies to the Shukaku Shield, which has much more mass then Gaara's gourd and thus obviously needs to be created from an outside sand source.

The way I understand it Gaara was digging up and mixing those minerals into his sand while he was producing the new sand to fight Kimimaro, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it... If this was always the case its more likely he would have said something like "My sand is reinforced with the strongest and most dense minerals" instead.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-222-4/...apter-217.html
    Well it's still the same sand so I don't really see how it would have change that much.

I agree that it has more mass and stuff because if the shield was not thick enough then obviously the attack would have gone through since the bone spear did manage to damage the sand shield a little. But those are still regular sand as opposed to the "special" sand that Gaara carries around. Even if the armor isn't stronger overall due to the difference in thickness and such, given the same amount of sand, the "special" one would do a better job at enduring an attack IMO which is my point.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    I agree with Shaunlim; while damaging Kimimaro is indeed difficult, at the same time, Kimimaro landing blows on 100% Lee is also going to be difficult. I don't think we're allowed to infer how much stronger Kimimaro would be without the illness; actually, I think we're supposed to take what we've seen and not downgrade it due to his illness. On the other hand, we've actually seen Lee at ~100% (even in the Chuunin exam, no one was really 100% outside of Gaara, IIRC), and we've seen the damage the gates allow him to inflict.

Looking at the databook, his strength during the Chuunin exam was 3/5; respectable for a Genin, but not anything too special (Kakashi has a 3.5). Post-timeskip, his strength is a 4.5/5, making him physically stronger than Asuma or Hidan, and putting him at the same level as Chouji and non-Sage Mode Jiraiya. Considering the speed boost he got from the gates, and the strength as well (he went from barely nicking the sand armor to nearly removing it), and it's also implied that if Gaara didn't slip out of his armor or change the gourd to sand (did he even do that consciously?), he would've taken heavy damage from the Omote and Ura Renge, respectively.

Anyway, it's a foregone conclusion that Kimimaro is going to win this fight, I just want to know how he actually hits someone with Lee's speed and defeats him.
    This is why I think this fight is hard to decide. It's true that Lee's attack aren't going to be as strong as Kimimaro's attack from what we have seen and chances are Lee is going to be KOed with less hits compared to Kimimaro who would probably endure more blows. However, it's also true that Lee will have an easier time of hitting Kimimaro than being hit by him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    That was then this is now. If Gai-sensei can beat the crap out of Kisame who is much stronger than Kimimaro, what make you think that Lee cannot do likewise with Kimimaro? Do not underestimate the power of the Eight Gates.
    The eight gates could not even knock Kisame out and he is just tough Kimmimaro is indestructable.

now tell me how is Kisame much stronger then Kimmimaro as he can just send his bones though and rip samehada up and kill Kisame.

Kisame is not even stronger then Kimmimaro Gai with his gates would not be able to beat Kimmimaro.

Kimmimaro was sick and dying and kicked everyone he fought ass and should be on the high tier but the people runing this toury put Gaara up instead despite the fact its still unliky that he is stronger then Kimmimaro.

Lee is also much weaker then Gai who has still not shown anything capable of killing Kimmimaro.

so fool do you and your horrible horrible horrible logic that has sucked from the momemt we started about a year or so ago have a good reply to this :

A > B > C does not equal A > C even more so when it has not been shown that both B and A are better then C who from what we know it goes like this C > A > B < C

other people of the fourms sorry about this rant but I am tired of this guy and his awful logic.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    Well it's still the same sand so I don't really see how it would have change that much.

I agree that it has more mass and stuff because if the shield was not thick enough then obviously the attack would have gone through since the bone spear did manage to damage the sand shield a little. But those are still regular sand as opposed to the "special" sand that Gaara carries around. Even if the armor isn't stronger overall due to the difference in thickness and such, given the same amount of sand, the "special" one would do a better job at enduring an attack IMO which is my point.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

This is why I think this fight is hard to decide. It's true that Lee's attack aren't going to be as strong as Kimimaro's attack from what we have seen and chances are Lee is going to be KOed with less hits compared to Kimimaro who would probably endure more blows. However, it's also true that Lee will have an easier time of hitting Kimimaro than being hit by him.
    not true Kimmimaro was much faster then Lee using a gate and will still be for a while he will have to use quite a few gates inorder to be faster then him but even then it won't matter

Kimmi has the bone forrest which will kill Lee because no matter how fast he is if the attack is too large to avoid it won't matter

plus of the 5 gates we know Lee can use they won't be enough to hurt Kimmi it will result in Lee being in pain and being an easy target
    Know your Place Humans

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnvy View Post

not true Kimmimaro was much faster then Lee using a gate and will still be for a while he will have to use quite a few gates inorder to be faster then him but even then it won't matter

Kimmi has the bone forrest which will kill Lee because no matter how fast he is if the attack is too large to avoid it won't matter

plus of the 5 gates we know Lee can use they won't be enough to hurt Kimmi it will result in Lee being in pain and being an easy target
    You're going to have to proof that because even in part 1 Kimimaro was never shown to be that much faster compared to an injured Lee. As a matter of fact, he couldn't keep up after Lee got drunk. And now we have part 2 Lee who have an increased in the speed stat and isn't injured. So logically speaking, Lee should be very well as fast as Kimimaro in base mode(both of them) if not faster.

That's good and all but sadly Kimimaro doesn't have the ability to use that dance unless he digs himself a hole to enter. Something that I doubt Lee would give him time to do.

Where did you get the it won't hurt Kimimaro part? It could very well hurt him for all we know since Gaara's sand armor have shown to be able to tank quite a lot. Not to mention that Lee have gotten stronger physically as well in part 2.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

when kimimaro used 2 and tessenka no mai(dance of the clematis)in the rght hand and pulled out his spinal cord and used flower in the left hand. the thickest bone in kimimaro's body and he is so powerful that if that flower hit lee that's a killing hit if that isn't enough kimimaru could use sawarabi no mae(dance of the seedling ferns) covering the whole land with bones and when you less expected kimimaro will apper out of nowhere and hit you with the flower.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    when kimimaro used tessenka no mai(dance of the clematis)in the rght hand and pulled out his spinal cord and used flower in the left hand. the thickest bone in kimimaro's body and he is so powerful that if that flower hit lee that's a killing hit if that isn't enough kimimaru could use sawarabi no mae(dance of the seedling ferns) covering the whole land with bones and when you less expected kimimaro will apper out of nowhere and hot you with the flower.
    I'm still not convinced that Kimimaro can actually use this without being underground first since I just don't see how that would work out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

in that fight with gaara kimimaro performed sawarabi no mae underground because gaara used Sabaku Taisou and buried him but i believe kimimaro can performed sawarabi no mae even if he isn't underground.
    why kimimaru will have to be only underground to performed this jutsu?.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    in that fight with gaara kimimaro performed sawarabi no mae underground because gaara used Sabaku Taisou and buried him but i believe kimimaro can performed sawarabi no mae even if he isn't underground.
    why kimimaru will have to be only underground to performed this jutsu?.
    Well the fact that he grew bones in such a large area and such large bones too. How would he do so if he wasn't underground? The weight of the bones would crush him or it would fall and break because Kimimaro can't support such wide and large structures. I just don't see how it would work to be honest.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

other people of the fourms sorry about this rant but I am tired of this guy and his awful logic.
    MonsterEnvy, Naruto Tournament is not real, its make believe, but if there was a real tournament where both Rock Lee and Kimimaro were healthy and highly skilled, the outcome of their battle will probably end in a draw or one defeating the other. With that being said, this guy and his awful logic is actually a gal.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When was Kimi shown to be faster than Lee? He was shown to have greater defense but not greater speed.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care how strong Kimi's bones are, he still has a brain.

The amount of force Lee would be putting out with 5 gates open as strong as he is now would be incredible. Not to mention Kimi wouldn't be able to keep up with him at those speeds.

Fact is, if Lee bangs around Kimi's head too much the trauma to his brain would most likely kill him or knock him out and put him into a coma.

Kimi is often reguarded as some superb ninja, which is he is, but this was PRE-timeskip. His armor can withstand pressure, that doesn't mean the inside of his body won't get knocked to shit when massive blunt force trauma is applied to it.

So yea, Lee activates his gates, goes all out and knocks Kimi out thus winning.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim
    Well the fact that he grew bones in such a large area and such large bones too. How would he do so if he wasn't underground? The weight of the bones would crush him or it would fall and break because Kimimaro can't support such wide and large structures. I just don't see how it would work to be honest.
    Wow, I'm surprised, I thought it was pretty clear <or at least I thought that to myself > I mean: back then he was forced to do it underground by Gaara. Now imagine Kimimaro doing it while standing: from his body just goes bones/bones structures everywhere just trashing the real body of KImimaro, and within that structure Kimimaro can move whenever he wants <as he appeared before Gaara and Lee and almost finished them> Yeah, I see it that way at least. Someone may ask how the hell he can get back to normal: well, he has regeneration abilities with using his kg, right? xP

Editto:
    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash
    I realy doubt it because back then he had nothing more then the sand from the gourd on his back and it was nowhere stated that this sand is exceptionally hard.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-64-4/n...hapter-59.html
    At least sand is stronger than 5mm steel
    Last edited by juUnior; July 03, 2011 at 11:28 AM.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Fact is, if Lee bangs around Kimi's head too much the trauma to his brain would most likely kill him or knock him out and put him into a coma.
    And how exactly is he going to bang around Kimimaro when he completely covers himself with bone spikes? Lee will just impale and tear up his legs and fists while doing so... and on top of that the stress from the gates on his body... ? He's just goig to kill himself.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Lee vs Kimimaro

When Rock Lee and Kimimaro fought each other, they were not in tiptop shape and even though Kimimaro played his trump card, Lee was still under Doctor's orders. Under pressure, bones can be broken. Rock Lee wins.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast