Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Who is the real leader of S.U.C?

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is the real leader of S.U.C?

We are becoming accustomed to hearing 9AD association with SUC. But is he the real Han Chan-Woo we know or someone else? Seeing the two commanders and their strength, I am curious about the SUC leader.

In my humble opinion, he is not Han Chan-Woo. But he can be a 9AD. Goomoonryong is a title achieved by a martial artist who has conquered or rather mastered all nine seats of power - mastering 9 arts of the martial arts world. There may have been others before Han and after him. Or he could be someone who has mastered few of them and falsely made the claim of Goomoonryong title. The question is, if he is an imposter or someone else, mastering those arts should not be done without Murim knowing it, right?

It is early to come up with a concrete conclusion. Still, we can try to speculate what are the true motives of SUC and who is their leader?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member toodlydo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Han Chan-Woo the real leader of S.U.C?

Surprised no one actually put a vote in yet. I for one would say 'no'.

Goomoonryong has been with the BFD since the first chapter of the first part of The Breaker. The conversation that happened then between Goomoonryong and the Master (of BFD) suggests that he is being taken care of by BFD and being helped in cleaning up the mess he creates. There is no doubt that the Master (or Head) of BFD ordered the killing of Shiho since he wanted the world to see Goomoonryong's BOT state and its power. Since Goomoonryong does not like any followers (him always acting like a lone wolf) and the knowing intent of BFD's Head, I would say that the real person behind the SUC must also be BFD's head.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously no. Whatever charisma GMR had in his youth he has since then squandered it when vengeance became his dominant goal. He is also a loner with next to no confidantes. Whoever is in charge of S.U.C has an intimate knowledge of the Murim and possesses exceptional organizational skills. The leader is also quite intelligent and a high-tier fighter (e.g. 4 Supernova). My own personal theory is that the leader of the S.U.C is one of the 2 remaining yet-to-be-revealed Supernova.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote, Nope. CLUE tells me Gyu-Bum (Pinstripe Supernova) of the Sunwoo Clan is a lead member of the SUC.

And wonder... Is the same true of Dirty Medical Doctor?
    Last edited by Otters11; June 27, 2011 at 12:03 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

we can't really tell this time or is S.U.C part of BFD if they are part of BFD then it's either GMR or the old guy with a cane is the one behind S.U.C

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i dnt think its any super novas of GMR. i feel its a new character

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, from the new chapters, its more like he is being used or rather helping them for his own benefits. I will edit the thread title to accommodate more discussion.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is the real leader of S.U.C?

No, 9AD is not the leader of SUC. I remember the one chapter in New Waves where is showed him. He is out of his mind. And in his defense rightfully so he lost his everything all in one day. His disciple (which he started really feeling for) then he expelled him, and Shiho whom he obviously loved.

I think what ever raid the BFD has 9AD on right now was kind of the development of SUC. Maybe an master class admiring 9AD from afar and started this group. Maybe that master class was expelled for killing someone who knows, but they were looking for exceptionally skilled "breakers". Like Ji-Gun and Goth Witch.

So in general I think the true SUC leader is someone we haven't seen or someone we would never expect like Elder Kwon or the new President of the MAA.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey an idea struck me, may be its the old Murim head. I suppose he was kicked out of the council (presuming he is not dead) so he holds a grudge against Murim and Gmr in this way he will get his revenge on both. Murim will start out to destroy SUC nd the way thins are going it wont be far when the head of the murim clans are asked for a meet to end SUC as they are causing quite and havoc. With the enormous links and manpower they might just do it. While exterminating there will be causality on Murim-ins that will exacerbate the relation with GMR and Murim(as SUC claim to be under GMR so they will obviously think GMR is doing this) from already bad to even worse to the point that they might try to hunt him out
    In that way the present head who is possibly the only one who can face GMR might be dragged in the battle and if both the head and Gmr goes all out then there is a big possibility that one of them will die. All that the old head will do is subtly finish the other one who after being tired end exhausted wont be able to resist. There you will have the old head back in his position with more authority than ever

its quite farfetched but what do you guys think?
    Last edited by shaheer; December 12, 2011 at 12:41 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner rsnake's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    We are becoming accustomed to hearing 9AD association with SUC. But is he the real Han Chan-Woo we know or someone else? Seeing the two commanders and their strength, I am curious about the SUC leader.

In my humble opinion, he is not Han Chan-Woo. But he can be a 9AD. Goomoonryong is a title achieved by a martial artist who has conquered or rather mastered all nine seats of power - mastering 9 arts of the martial arts world. There may have been others before Han and after him. Or he could be someone who has mastered few of them and falsely made the claim of Goomoonryong title. The question is, if he is an imposter or someone else, mastering those arts should not be done without Murim knowing it, right?

It is early to come up with a concrete conclusion. Still, we can try to speculate what are the true motives of SUC and who is their leader?
    There is only one 9AD there werent before him because of the Alliance big wigs sharing the 9 seats between themselves (there school) and there wasnt any new ones because Chan-Woo rose to be 9AD at last tournament held.

I think the leader will be a new face i havent heard a detail explaination of suc goals or even a hint so i can t say what the leaderis after but i thought it was the the boss of BFD but i doubt that although he seems to have the resources to run the sophisticated suc but new waves is all about new characters so i think its master level who was expelled from his struggle to make it to he is and is amazed at 9AD doing what he couldnt do and taking this opporunity to exact revenge on the weakened and disunited murim or is trying to achieve some other goal by stirring up the Alliance and murim

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Going back through old threads.

This was answered today on chapter 66. SFSEGB is the SUC leader. And he deserves to get the grin wiped off his face. It was someone we didn't know about until last chapter(65) and he is powerful. Powerful enough to take on Hyuk. Hyuk hasn't challenged him because if he challenges and loses then he loses his place as assistant head. I think Jaegal (masked guy who fought Elder Kwon) is pitting Hyuk vs SFSEGB against each other.

Also SFSEGB going to the Sunwoo to tempt them in battle. Geez really you pompous prick learn your place. Hasn't anyone heard the saying respect your elders?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nanoclarkology View Post
    Going back through old threads.

This was answered today on chapter 66. SFSEGB is the SUC leader. And he deserves to get the grin wiped off his face. It was someone we didn't know about until last chapter(65) and he is powerful. Powerful enough to take on Hyuk. Hyuk hasn't challenged him because if he challenges and loses then he loses his place as assistant head. I think Jaegal (masked guy who fought Elder Kwon) is pitting Hyuk vs SFSEGB against each other.

Also SFSEGB going to the Sunwoo to tempt them in battle. Geez really you pompous prick learn your place. Hasn't anyone heard the saying respect your elders?
    hyuk don't want to fight that cocky dude because he knows that he will win (yes Hyuk can win on that guy but he don't want to ruin his name attacking his brother in martial arts family )

Shioon will remove the smirk on the b*tch face when he got hit by Shioon's new techs........ and Shioon will say "HOWS THAT ATTACK FEELS? FAKE DISCIPLE!" (and you know that Shioon will go berserk because he already promised that he will kill all S.U.C for what they did on his mother)

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

*pushing somewhat older thread to add my 5 cents*

cannot prove anything but atm would say the actuall boss dude not 'off' SUC but behind SUC is somebody else not yet (properly) shown. I have a feeling that both the Chundomoon elderly master and the older clan head dude are the "leaders" of SUC - but they are not the mastermind behind everything that has been happening. Also, I think whoever is behind Black Forest and SUC wants to completely destroy the alliance, weaken powerful clans like Sun-Woo and in the end arrive at a destruction of the barrier keeping murin and normal world apart. In such a world where murinin move freely in normal society, they would become a possibly global powerbase to be reconned with and easily capable of influencing the normal world's politics - and with the alliance destroyed and Sun-Woo weakened or likewise destroyed whoever else comes out on top would have a whole lot of power - this is mainly why I think Chundomoon is ultimately being used and played just like 9AD and everybody else.
    The Chundomoon clanhead seems to be doing it in order to destroy the alliance and Sun-Woo and thus becoming the leading faction, but I do not think he has any other ambitions, he wants to come out atop the martial arts world, not the whole world (he is also too much of a stupid, shortsighted, emotianally driven, gullible ass to come up with a plan of this scope ).
    Now, the elderly master, he is a totally different topic - I do not think he is THE mastermind behind SUC and Black Forest - but he might well be a traitor to his clan (pitting Hyuk and his clanhead dickhead against each other like nanoclarkology suggested, possibly not careying about the destruction of Chundomoon ...?) and might be something like the right-hand dude of the main antagonist or something ....

The other angle I could imagine would be revolving around the Black Heaven and Earth technique as at the end of breaker one we probably briefly glimpsed the SUC head guy, or rather guy behind SUC pulling the strings from his desk, deliberately pushing 9AD into using BOT and kinda getting of on it XD So it might also be some personal motivation that is mixed in with above mentioned angle.
    That would probably mean that the guy behind it all is somebody from back in the day when 9AD learned from Unwol or even earlier - either a member of Unwol's family, a brother maybe or possibly also a rival of Unwol's who wants to get Black Heaven and Earth? Unwol must have learned from somebody in turn, right? I wonder what kind of guy that was and if Unwol was his only student - if Unwol after having learned from some unknown master came up with Black Heaven and Earth I wonder if there is a chance that a disciple of Unwol's master at odds with Unwol might be trying to get Unwol's arts for himself... I guess since Unwol is dead and 9AD probably is not willing to teach it to anybody else the best way to try to get it would be to force 9AD to use it and thus give a free demonstration from which a high level master dedicating his whole life to this tech might piece by piece pick up what he needs to accuire it himself...
    I have a feeling we will get to know the real culprit by the time New Waves ends - in some sort of foreshadowing or clarifying flashback at the least ...

btw the two points I mentioned kinda add up if you will: 9AD said it often enough, what ultimately matters in the murin world is STRENGTH, it's a eat or be eaten/bigger fish society - well, to some point at least as the clan/alliance structure somewhat puts a lid on 'pure darwinism' in adding some power balancing via scheming and planning between the clans as Sera kindly explained. If the alliance were gone and the strongest clans like Sun-Woo and Chundomoon likewise broken in the process, the rule of the strongest would apply all the more - and apparently Black Heaven and Earth is the ULTIMATE POWER. Hence... who wants to safely sit atop the food chain in the world of chaos currently being created must be able to kick donwards like a boss in order to remain in the top seat ...

---
    And yeah, I guess there is a slim chance we have seen this monster behind it all already in some of the flashbacks of Unwol and 9AD and stuff ... maybe standing somewhere in the backrow with an Aizen smile

btw I do not think it is the old alliance head dude, he clearly had issues worthy of causing lots of trouble and harm but he would be just too obvious.

I also think by now it is pretty clear it is NOT elder Kwon - his feelings of putting the clan before everything else can make him a heartless sunoffa ***** ... but I think his spirit is genuine and he truly acknowledged Shioon as having the same level of spirit as the old clanhead, I dunno what he should gain from such a stunt ...
    However, there are two Sun-Woo elders who have had suspiciously little panel time compared to Kwon and mad tiger, maybe we should be on the lookout for them a bit too - though I doubt it ...

As for the current alliance head, I get vibes of decency off him, too - especially from the way he acknowledged Shioon's spirits end of breaker1 - he was thinking to himself there partially so I take that at face value... (I kinda pity him btw,he is a freakin powerhouse, seems not too stupid, prefers peace and seems a nice dude over all - but he just can't hack it and do squat in the current situation as he's not finding viable means of dealing with the SUC problem (due to being too traditional oldschool possibly). He's fighting a losing battle and he knows it... poor soul

Oh and there is some chance there is some other master of the blood and bones school other than doc around? Kwon musing about their involvement mentioned they got "destroyed" 30 years ago - he did not spell it out but the vibe I got was the alliance and other clans somehow ganged up on them to exterminate them completely as they were deemed too dark? maybe they are the Sith of Murin - unlikely though that they are behind it all - unless I still seriously underestimate doc's deviousness ^^

Sera's grandma has been talking bout this circle of bad karma and hatred that befell both 9AD and Shioon which she would hope/love to break ... wonder what many things SHE knows about the past - if she was like Sera in her youth she should have come to know MANY secrets during her lifetime...er not meaning to suggest sweet ol grandma is behind it all , just saying wouldn't be suprised if at some time she contributes to unravelling the past with her knowledge ...

after re-reading my post I can see the need to re-read all flashbacks and such once the current threshold weeks have settled down, next month should hopefully give us something more to work with...

er and you can see how I am anxiously awaiting the chapter from me putting an hour into a post like this
    Last edited by haegar; June 14, 2012 at 06:32 AM.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end it's 9AD because his orders are the ones they are following. Boom case solved!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^ well that's why I said some hidden master striving to surpass even 9AD - cause that would be BOOM 9AD ****ed

New Reply