Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Does Rai already possess / have a "Soul Weapon" ?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 69.57%
  • No

6 26.09%
  • Can not decide (explain why)

1 4.35%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rai and His Soul Weapon

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Rai and His Soul Weapon

There is a question if Rai even has a soul weapon, but I want to hear your opinion about this particular matter.

It might be that Rai already has a soul weapon, but he did not show it untill now, becouse there was no strong enough opponent in front of Rai, to even give him a challange !!!

So what do you think about Rai and his soul weapon, discuss it here !!!

Personally I believe that Rai might already have one soul weapon (from his ancestors), and soon he might get the second one (in future from only the soul of the old Lord and with this a new soul weapon, although the "soul weapon" from the old Lord would be given to the present Lord). So I decided for to vote "Yes".
    Last edited by Monsterguy; June 23, 2011 at 05:22 AM.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rai and his soul weapon

Its not that i think its just that i HOPE that he has one. I mean obviously it is seeming that the Noblesses are divided into clans. And all the clan heads has a soul weapon, Rai seems to be a lone drifter , may be his clans is sestroyed or sth so teh clans soul weapon will be carried out by the lone survivor
    Not that i think that if there were more folks of his clans they would have been worthy of carrying the soul weapon when he is around i mean so far he is the strongest character shown on the series (not considering the old lord)

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rai and his Soul Weapon

It would be really awesome if he has one. My current thought is that he does not have one.

Now if we find out more info about him then my answer will change.

If Rai did have a Soul Weapon, what would it be?

Any guess? Based on the current list of Soul Weapons?
    Last edited by Charlie; June 23, 2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: typo fix

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

so far, we don't have enough developement on his character, we don't even know what he is among the nobles, the only thing we know is that he is an old timer.

What I'm curious about is the thing that frankenstein mentioned about the noblesse being a sole person and not a race, which makes me think that he is in fact that person.
    Last edited by DLord.Van.Buuren; June 23, 2011 at 11:49 PM.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets see it as:
    • Rai is probably the strongest character in the series so far, at least what we have seen.
    • The only person close to him should be the current Lord. I think she can also control Blood like Rai.
    • The Lord is strongest Noblesse and perhaps the strongest being, right
    • The soul weapon contains soul, will, etc. of ancestors----->giving enormous boost to the wielder

Now, if Rai or The Lord wield this weapon, can you imagine how strong they become? The power boost from Ragnarok should be so potent that the wielder becomes untouchable beyond words. My theory is, Ragnarok will be the decisive factor. One may ask, why even have such a weapon exist in the story? There are many possibilities, may be Crombel or the Organization would come up with a creating so strong that even Rai and the Lord would be helpless as they are. We have already seen likes of Krantz. Regis, short on experience and not strong enough than other Nobles, was still defeated by a modified human.

Does Rai has his own soul weapon?

If he has own weapon, he does not need another. Like I said above, Ragnarok should be the strongest soul weapon, having will and powers of previous lords.

For whom the weapon was left for by the previous Lord?

We have to consider the affection the lord shared with Rai. I believe he left it for him. But the question, is can he wield it as Rai is not a blood relative to the Lord. I have a theory, may be Ragnarok is not meant to be wielded by the blood relatives only. Perhaps, it has more to do with the righteous person, one who has compassion, kindness and strong sense of justice. Especially, a person who will not be corrupted by the power. With Ragnarok, I assume one can even dominate the world, no?

The lord may have left the weapon for Rai's custody till the current lord is fit to wield it. I can see her lacking maturity and the compassion / kindness his father had. She is not fit to have this kind of power as yet. I doubt she ever will be honestly.

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rai's soul weapon is probably Excalibur
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    - that might not be too off. I have heard fans say that too. lol

I think it might be Zeus (Olympian god) related. Rai the lord of lightning.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    I agree with you.

The way Rai is portrayed as a character being a natural leader, in this case the most suitable Noble of being the Lord. And the Soul Weapon, being so far, a reflection of it's wielder. The only thing that comes in my mind is Excalibur.

Credits:Shinsatsu

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    The way Rai is portrayed as a character being a natural leader, in this case the most suitable Noble of being the Lord. And the Soul Weapon, being so far, a reflection of it's wielder. The only thing that comes in my mind is Excalibur.
    Well do not forget that the Soul Weapon is/was created by the Ancestor's. Who knows what type of person Rai's ancestor was (if there was one). Excalibur gives me a bit too much of a "golden knight on a horse" feeling.
    I would appreciate something more dark like f.ex. Gehenna - In early Christian writing it represents the final place where the wicked will be punished or destroyed. It is a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire".

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Well do not forget that the Soul Weapon is/was created by the Ancestor's. Who knows what type of person Rai's ancestor was (if there was one). Excalibur gives me a bit too much of a "golden knight on a horse" feeling.
    I would appreciate something more dark like f.ex. Gehenna - In early Christian writing it represents the final place where the wicked will be punished or destroyed. It is a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire".
    Yeah, I'm aware of that. But don't forget that Rai would have also inherited his Ancestor's ideals not only the power of his predecessor. In the old Legends about Excalibur; the sword, which was stucked in a rock. It was said that Excalibur while being stuck on a rock waited for someone worthy to pull it out and become the King. You see that I'm focusing on the worthy part. And Rai being righteous, kind, who also shows compassion for the weak makes it for me more likely that his Soul Weapon is Excalibur indeed.

By the way the darkness theme would rather fit Frankenstein instead of Rai.

Credits:Shinsatsu

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware of that. But don't forget that Rai would have also inherited his Ancestor's ideals not only the power of his predecessor. In the old Legends about Excalibur; the sword, which was stucked in a rock. It was said that Excalibur while being stuck on a rock waited for someone worthy to pull it out and become the King. You see that I'm focusing on the worthy part. And Rai being righteous, kind, who also shows compassion for the weak makes it for me more likely that his Soul Weapon is Excalibur indeed.

By the way the darkness theme would rather fit Frankenstein instead of Rai.
    I'm not quite sure of that. Rael has a Soul Weapon too and he doesn't looks like he has inherited his Ancestor's ideals yet it could be an exception because his soul was divided. At least I wouldn't say that you automatically inherit the ideals, just that the Ancestor sees you most fitting for inheriting his soul. So who knows if his Ancestor(s) were completely the same, even though it's likely.

I get your point and it would definitely fit him but that would just be too predictable and not really inventive. It could be but I would be kinda disappointed :/
    Agreed that darkness fits Franky a lot more, it's just me wishing for something more unpredictable but it's not like it has to be something bound to darkness. I like Charlie's idea of something related to Zeus or another god/godess.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; June 25, 2011 at 11:52 AM.

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

As for me, I believe that, if Rai already has a soul weapon it would be called "Dracula", why the blood reminds me of the red sky, what reminds me of Dracula.

Still, I believe that Rai would get as I already partly mentioned in first post here, a soul weapon from only the soul of the previous Lord and that one would be called "Excalibur". To tell you the truth, it kind of reminds me that Rai would be like a Noble knight of the previous king who left him his royal sword (old Lord's beliefs).

Also the legend goes well with the story of Excalibur, becouse after drawing/attaining this sword, Rai would be seen much more suitable/recognized by other clan Leaders, as a true king (the Lord). Not to mention the true present Lord who would be left only as a figure to obey and admire (like admiring and obeying a statue)...

I realy complicated this stuff, but I still hope, you understood what I was trying to say...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; June 25, 2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I choose yes because... I have a hunch about that.
    We can't say anything since we don't even know if Rai has a family or not to pass down the soul weapon to him. It seems like the previous lord paid so much attention to him because of his excellence and his loneliness as well... I think what actually counts in nobles is the family name. So for Rai to be considered as a noble by the previous lord must mean that he is a noble indeed, and that he has family, and that he has a soul weapon.
    About its name, meh, I guess I don't really care. He can even name it Ramen and I would be careless. As long as it's Rai, even Ramen looks elegant. XD Just kidding, of course. Excalibur sounds like a good match for Ragnarok.

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think of the recent chapters revelation on Raizles soul weapon?

Suppose he can materialize his soul weapon, what form do you think it will have?

What about its name?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm. I'm the only one so far to say, "No."

In my mind Soul Weapons are like the scepter & crown the King and Queen of Britain wear for coronation.
    It's something that is inherited and passed down, vested the sentimental power of heritage and tradition.

i.e. I believe the soul weapons are not an abstract manifestation of the soul.
    But a physical real object that a clan leader or Noble may impart a part of their soul to.
    Once these objects gain this soul property, then the can be manipulated as a force.

This is my opinion. But if soul weapons were the manifestation of the soul, then it should change from one generation to the next. And the power would be pasted on or transferred to a person, who manifests their own, and not be an item consistently recognizable.

29. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast