Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Does Rai already possess / have a "Soul Weapon" ?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 69.57%
  • No

6 26.09%
  • Can not decide (explain why)

1 4.35%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rai and His Soul Weapon

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rai and his Soul Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Suppose he can materialize his soul weapon, what form do you think it will have?

What about its name?
    I don't think it could be materialized as well. His weapon is a skill; skill to control something. In his case, a skill to control blood in a very high level, similar or even stronger than the Lord. If it had to be materialized, I didn't think it would have an offensive form because it's a skill; maybe it would be like a staff which can be used for both offense and defense. We've seen that Rai used blood field as a weapon and shield. So I think of it like that.

Name... I'm not good at naming so I'll skip this part.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Otters11 View Post
    Hmmmm. I'm the only one so far to say, "No."

In my mind Soul Weapons are like the scepter & crown the King and Queen of Britain wear for coronation.
    It's something that is inherited and passed down, vested the sentimental power of heritage and tradition.

i.e. I believe the soul weapons are not an abstract manifestation of the soul.
    But a physical real object that a clan leader or Noble may impart a part of their soul to.
    Once these objects gain this soul property, then the can be manipulated as a force.

This is my opinion. But if soul weapons were the manifestation of the soul, then it should change from one generation to the next. And the power would be pasted on or transferred to a person, who manifests their own, and not be an item consistently recognizable.
    Mm, I think you meant... Rai has no soul weapon? Since it is not a consistent form. I agree with you in general, though. Personally I would consider even a brilliant mind which could think of a devastating strategy as a weapon, together with my explanation above. But there is also a possibility that this is not Rai's real soul weapon. Maybe this is just a skill passed down in his family (if he has any).

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rai and His Soul Weapon

Sorry for reviving the dead topic!~

I am curious about his soul weapon and what role it will play in future. In Chapter 193 (click here if you don't remember the content) the nature of his soul weapon is revealed.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2