Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Most Emotional Moments in One Piece?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Emotional Moments in One Piece?

loved the part Zorro standing there all covered in blood... Sanji asking him what was going on ... and he just replys "NOTHING" ... just gave me the chills.

Dadan desperatly punching Garp when he returned to the village after Ace`s death

Ace`s death of course... come on

Merry`s death as well... every death of a close friend of the straw hats is just ripping my heart apart

Robin and Nami vanishing in front of Luffy`s eyes ... especially those two have been heart breaking because their facial expression was so deperate and they called for him.

Kuinas death announced to Zorro ... brrr... he was just a kid who gave a shit if his oponent was male or female ...

Peru getting the bomb away from Vivi ... he should`ve died in that moment... would`ve made it more realistic and emotional.

There are so many emotional moments in one piece I cant just write every one down... but these are definetly some of my most favorite!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zef sacrificing for sanji's sake. Esp that moment when sanji was trying to steal some food from zef.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Brook's crew playing Binks Sake for Laboon as they slowly die...leaving Brook as the only one left.
    That and when he officially joined Luffy's crew in tears.
    That was the first moment after Enies Lobby that really shook me and was very memorable because I thought
    I would never see another so emotionally crafted backstory after Robin's again.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaniumOxide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    One of my favourites was where I think the manga really made a turn for a more emotional story:

Where Nami, after losing 10 years of hard work to Arlong's paid off marines, tries to convince her town not to enter the battle. Following her helplessness, she furiously stabs her own arm to remove the tattoo of Arlong before Luffy, who knows nothing of what's going on, stops her, passes her his hat and goes to kick Arlong's ass.

There are some really great moments in One Piece, and I think my "most emotional" has to go to Merry (it always brings a tear), but the above moment holds a special place in my One Piece heart as it was the first real thing that moved me.
    Look it takes a bit to make me feel sad for anything (that's just how much of an ahole I am) but bittman hit it right on the mark. If I have to tell someone what OP is about very briefly and describe why I just say there is a lot of justice in this manga and this scene where Nami tells Luffy to just go and he just "understands" even though it seemed like in a baka mode. And then she tells him to help her and that was all he needed to hear.
    http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/one-piece/81/13/
    http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/one-piece/81/14/
    Just in case if anyone was looking for the pages specifically.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
    "Expected charity is a nicer way to demand slavery." - Terry Goodkind

If my grammar and overall writing sucks, my bad, im too lazy to do everything right on my fone.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Going Merry's death made me feel the most emotional. It was a thing, yet I cried the most over it. Second place is when Robin was all "I wanna join you!" I felt happy because it meant she finally knew she was accepted and belonged with a crew that wouldn't betray her. Finishing this list is when Luffy punched the hell out of the Celestial Dragon. It's emotional in that it made me happy and overjoyed because I hate douches like that, and Luffy did what I always wanted to do. Without fear.

I didn't care much for Ace or Whitebeard's death. Hell, only reason why I shed any tear for Ace was because of Luffy, his reaction after Ace's death, after being healed, at the end of flashback, and after the flashback.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace death was the most emotional moment for me. Everyone expected Whitebeard to die in the war. In fact, every time an old man is introduced as the strongest guy in a shonen manga, you know he is gonna die. But Ace death was a real surprise for me

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

To me the ost ones would be: Robin "I wadda live, take me to the ocean", and Luffy: "I couldn't even save a single nakama". Also always that a teryubito appears, someone is severely humiliated...

Quote Originally Posted by BurnSchulz View Post
    I'm not sure anymore. But it was very similar to this one. It's a few months ago.
    It was the top 10 in One Piece.
    Last edited by goldb; March 14, 2013 at 06:07 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    To me the ost ones would be: Robin "I wadda live, take me to the ocean", and Luffy: "I couldn't even save a single nakama".
    Exactly what I was about to write!

"I wadda live!" is the only part in One Piece that actually made me cry.
    Still brings me to tears when I watch that scene in the anime.

And I really felt the pain with the "I couldn't save a single Nakama".
    I was just as devastated as Luffy.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 31TeV's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Usopp returns to the crew.

Fisher Tiger's death.

EDIT: Luffy goes crazy over Ace's death at Amazon Lily, then Jinbe reminds him of what he still has left.
    Last edited by 31TeV; March 22, 2013 at 05:24 AM. Reason: added some stuff

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerous's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the "I wadda live!!" moment I gotta say what gets me every time is Namis cry out to Luffy(during the flood) to save robin.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

My most emotional moment(s) of One Piece took part throughout two whole chapters, both 80 and 81 when Nami's plan to buy her hometown back from Arlong became a failure as her "business partner" betrayed her, her sister was shot by the Marines in front of her eyes, the villagers she wanted to protect all the time, were willing to face death in an uprisal etc.

Merry's funeral and Robin's "I wanna live", even Ace's death come only close to that IMHO but seeing those scenes made me really hate Luffy's opponents for the first time. Those were actually the chapters, I became totally convinced that One Piece would be a masterpiece of intensity and story telling.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

luffy reminding rayleigh of the first time he met rodger

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2