Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What book will you like to see get turned into a manga or an anime?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What book will you like to see get turned into a manga or an anime?

Due to my bias the Millenium Trilogy should be made into a manga. (It would be published as a seinen of course. ) I would love it if the hypothetical mangaka would use his/her interpretations about the books instead of adhering to the Swedish and American films.

Although I haven't read the series, the concept of The Hunger Games could be interesting as a shonen manga. I think it will work as a less gorier substitute of Battle Royale.

EDIT: I'm reading the first book right now, and it's perfect for a manga. I actually think this story might work well for a shoujo aimed att an older audience.
    Last edited by Asarii; February 26, 2012 at 03:41 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MisaoFan's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I would rather see The King Arthur into a shounen manga with bordeline seinen vibes in it (like Death Note, Deadman Wonderland, Qwaser of Stigmata...) and a certain French novel I read (forget the name of that novel) into light novel with loads of illustrations or rather turned into manga or anime.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    I'd actually really love to see an adaptation of And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie . And after seeing the Japanese editions of A Song of Ice and Fire, I'd love to see a manga/anime based on that as well. I'm scared that it would end up like Guin Saga though, which was kind of boring during its later half.
    Yeesss to the bolded although I'd also love to see And Then There Were None in manga form.

If ASOIAF was going to be made into a manga, I always imagined that it would be drawn by Makoto Yukimura -mostly because of the gory violence both the book series and Vinland Saga share. One drawback is that there haven't been a lot of female characters in VS so I'm not sure how capable Yukimura-sensei would be in drawing variety of women.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see the Aubrey-Maturin series and the Earth's Children series adapted into manga. I've actually not read either of these series(I have seen the Master & Commander movie and the Clan of the Cave Bear movie though), but I plan to. Though being such long series with great depth, it is a daunting task for me to get into either. Being more of a manga guy, I could more easily get into the stories if they were adapted as such.

I can see these being drawn by either Makoto Yukimura, Hiroki Endo, or Hiroaki Samura.

It also might be fun to see The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy adapted into a manga series.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jamesem92's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I always think with things like this, it is always better to create a new story in an existing universe.

So I think a manga set in Tolkien's Middle Earth, or set in the world of Harry Potter would work, but it would work much better to fill in some history or make a completely new story than to just redo the 7 Harry Potter books, or the Lord of the Rings.

This would be hard with LOTR as it would obviously be better if Tolkien wrote it, but there are a lot of notes to go by.

Something like Terry Pratchett's Discworld as a seinen might work really well, although they have already made some graphic novels, but they are just adaptations of existing novels.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see an anime adaption of the Never Ending Story by Michael Ende - just because all filmation adaptions were kind of bullcrap. It's already been translated and published under the title "はてしない物語"/"Hateshi nai monogatari". If he was still alive, I'd have wished Satoshi Kon would have interpreted it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Due to my bias the Millenium Trilogy should be made into a manga. (It would be published as a seinen of course. ) I would love it if the hypothetical mangaka would use his/her interpretations about the books instead of adhering to the Swedish and American films.
    A manga/anime of the Millenium Trilogy would be awesome! I kept thinking about Monster by Naoki Urasawa when reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, so something done in that style would be great!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The Millennium Trilogy by Naoki Urasawa sounds like an excellent idea! He's really good at depicting an emotion or an atmosphere without relying on too much tone so it'll capture the grittiness of the story really well. I'd love to see him tackle the challenge of drawing Lisbeth because most of his female characters look really innocent and sweet.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2