Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Raizel VS Raskreia: Who would win?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raziel

10 83.33%
  • Raskreia

1 8.33%
  • A Draw

1 8.33%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rai vs. The Lord

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rai vs. The Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Otters11 View Post
    Even in your confusion you are correct.

Rai hasn't had to pass away and leave his power in an item for the next generation. So the power that might be stored in a weapon has continued to collect and build up in him. He is his own soul weapon. His body is the container of his blood lines power. There isn't a weapon to reveal. Because Rai isn't like the other Nobles or Clans. They haven't said how old he is...But to this date the idea is that Rai has not had an implied predecessor and that he infrequently hibernates, where by contrast a Noble reaches the end of their life cycle and dies, leaving the power of their soul in a container (weapon/item) to strengthen the abilities next generation.

i.e. Rai's powers are his own in their source and origin. No item adds to his powers. Perhaps Rai could create a soul weapon, if the time or reason came to pass for him to try? But my responses were to your question, of "I wonder what his soul weapon looks like?" And in response Gejutel-nim of the story and I, as a reader imply that his soul weapon is in his own blood, or his very being as Thee Noblesse. His weapon is his own person.

Does that make a little more sense?
    Ah, I get what you mean. That makes sense more, I think, since in the way you described it, Rai's soul weapon actually have a physical form, in form of his body, directly. Your theory makes sense because we haven't heard anything about Rai's other family members who would pass their soul to him. I suppose he has been bestowed with a very great power since his birth, and so he was appointed as a Noblesse, who would watch over other nobles, when he grew up. He is a special kind of nobles, that is.

About Ragnarok, I think it is most probably like in Grandia and Kertia. They are stand-alone weapons, but because the previous lord's soul is split and put inside both of the weapon, they are literally called soul weapon. In Ragnarok's case, I think because both sides don't really know that the previous lord would split his soul into two (for exception Rai and Frank, maybe), they just called the two of them Ragnarok. I would say that there is no merging necessary; the two blades will act as one. And with determination from the wielder, it would be stronger.

And lol at your comment about Frank. I think the author only wanted to say that nothing's perfect, even Frank's suit related to his wounds. XDD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Question who do u think is strongest lord or noblesse ????????

some time when i read noblesse question come in my mind who is strongest lord or noblesse.
    current lord didnt have full power and rai also is not in his full glory he cant fight with his full power and if he does blood come from his mouth but what u think if rai can use his power without any problem and currant lord have activated her full power like her father & both of them fight who do u think win ?????

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: who do u think is strongest lord or noblesse ????????

I would guess the Noblesse, Raizel.

When he fought her in the throne room briefly she was genuinely trying to kill him and he was basically just screwing around. With a full power soul weapon she's bound to be even stronger now but the difference between them seemed pretty vast to me.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, but she is still young compared to her father and Rai's power is too much of a burden to him so we don't know if he can or could use it freely.
    We seem to have forgotten it but Raizel still is in a critical condition because of all that and who know what will happen if he keeps using it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Rai is the strongest without question. It's up to him to destroy any noble who becomes too evil, including the lord.

I was soooo waiting for Rai to say "Kneel" to the lord, haha. I guess he didn't because he was trying to help her, plus he was friends with her father so he probably wouldn't do that anyway.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i think previous lord would have been stronger than rai.but the current 1 still has a long way to go.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Even with his ailing condition, I think Rai is stronger. Raskreia is vastly inexperienced in comparison to Rai. In any case, Noblesse is being with absolute power, standing above even to the lord.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Even with his ailing condition, I think Rai is stronger. Raskreia is vastly inexperienced in comparison to Rai. In any case, Noblesse is being with absolute power, standing above even to the lord.

Only downside is now as everyone is aware that his powers are not only weakened but he really cant use it much. I think that gives Raskerias lack of experience some advantages. Though Raizel is not one to back down even if it means using up his life force....

Hard quesion to answer atm. Raizel might have some points in his favor until his condition gets grim.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Merged this thread with the previous Raizel versus Raskeria battle thread

Made a new poll as well since new information has come up since the old poll was created

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Oh, and I'm voting for Raizel though I think it would be pretty close.

The way I see it Rai doesn't have much left in the tank, so to speak. So, even if he could win a straight up fight, doing so against someone like Raskreia could kill him due to sheer amount of his life force he'd need to use. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't have enough; but when in doubt I vote for protagonists. So I vote for Raizel.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 03, 2012 at 11:53 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much agree with you Jammin. I voted for Draw because well.. it would suck if Rai died and hopefully he or someone will stop the fight before it gets too far.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Rai at full power/health vs Raskreia (or even the previous Lord, for all that matters) with a full Ragnarok... Rai would definitely win. Unfortunately, Rai's health isn't at its best atm, so Raskreia might actually win against Rai in his current weakened state.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3