Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madara

92 70.23%
  • A

39 29.77%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Madara vs A

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara vs A

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

The gifted leader of the Uchiha clan and co-founder of Konohagakure, Madara was the first Uchiha to awaken MS and gain EMS. Longtime rival of Hashirama, Madara abandoned Konoha for the perceived betrayal of his clan and has tried to destroy Konoha ever since. Manipulating both the members of Akatsuki and later Sasuke, Madara has started the Fourth Ninja War in order to capture the last two Jinchuuriki in order to reform the Juubi and take complete control of the world. Though Madara is a mere shell of his former self, Madara still possess plenty of power with his ability to phase through any attack and swiftly warp his opponent away with just a touch. In addition, Madara is able to take inhuman amounts of damage with little trouble and even negate his own death through the usage of Izanagi.

Being the current Raikage and son of the previous Raikage, A is amongst the strongest fighters in the world. A has a philosophy that shinobi respect other shinobi based on actions and strength. To symbolize this, A is a big bodybuilder and takes action very quickly. He has an unique fighting style that is called nintaijutsu, which is a form of taijutsu that utilizes ninjutsu to enhance it. Being a master of the lightning element, A is able to shroud his whole body with a lightning cloak that greatly increases his reflexes, speed and power. His finishing moves are mainly wrestling techniques and are extremely dangerous and highly devestating, often regarded as 1 hit K.O. moves.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madara vs A

Note: This battle is Madara pre-Rinnegan

Madara should be able to pull this out. He can become intangible faster than raikage can hit him, and he can use the same method he used to try to capture Minato. Raikage has speed and stength but we dont know if that is enough to avoid being warped, we do know that a fast space/time jutsu can avoid it. A might have to shoot for an exchange and hope he can land a hit before phasing or warping takes place. Madara still likely takes it even if A tries this method, imo.
    Last edited by jdw; June 27, 2011 at 10:30 PM.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member biggchiefmo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This could be a toughy, Madara has only shown so far his S/T ninjutsu and with Raikages speed and uber powerful brute force I dont see Madara being able to have his way with just those 2 S/T jutsus. Knowing A he will jump straight to it with his fastest attack and will almost get sucked into Madara mask, he'll then realize that Madara can become intangible and warp people because he is using S/T jutsu, upon this realization he will began to go to level 2 and begin constantly looking to counter attack madara. I think A has the advantage in speed and power, his biggest disadvantage is that he doesnt have knowledge of Madara's jutsu and his own require him to get in close quarters, but if Madara should fail to warp him the first time I dont think he'll last much longer after that.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

what a boring fight: A can't touch tobi,but tobi can't absorb A because he would escape and he would electrify tobi. tobi can't be immaterial for more than 5 minutes and A can chase tobi through the world. as konan did,A can kill tobi,but tobi can't kill A. except if he stays alive with izanagi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Raikage will once again rush forward like an idiot, atempting to speedblitz Madara... and Madara then only needs to activate his vacuum-eye and Raikage will launch straight into it. Fight is over in less then 3 seconds.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to go with madara. Space time ninjutsu, a pretty darn good sharingan and a freak body to say the least. Not sure of how this would go though as neither ninja has shown enough to suggest they can kill the other (madara can phase through stuff and the raikage has a fairly resistant armor) though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a hard battle, indeed. All the battles with Madara are hard to predict since he's unpredictable.

Anyway, A's only chance is actually Madara's "only" offensive move. When Madara uses his ability to teleport someone he needs physical contact. Now, that means that at the moment he tries to suck A in, he will get electrocuted, since he needs to touch him, and seeing how such a lightning shock numbs and stuns anyone affected by it(All those who don't have the lightning affinity), A could use that split second to literary blast Madara's head of. Imo, it all depends on Madara's way of fighting since I think it's inappropriate to wonder whether he can utilise lightning or not.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure it's quite so lopsided. When Madara tried to absorb Minato, Minato had no idea what the technique was, and he had time to think (even if only for a split second) and activate his S/T technique before Suction no Jutsu completed. From that flashback, it was made clear that Madara needs to be touching the person / object in order to teleport them -- I'm inclined to believe that in that same small window, even if it's just half a second (and it actually seems slightly longer), that the Raikage could react fast enough to break contract from Madara's hand.

Likewise, when Madara was hit by Minato's Rasengan -- keep in mind that Minato was RIGHT in front of Madara's face when he used FTG to hit Madara in the back. If Minato had reaction speed on the level of Minato / Raikage, then it'd be conceivable that he couldn't gone intangible before the attack landed -- and even if you say FTG is instant, notice that before Minato used FTG his attacking hand wasn't extended, and he had to fully extend / strike to land the Rasengan (which presumably happened after he reappeared from using FTG), so the attack landing wasn't necessarily instant. That run-on sentence aside... due to that, I'm not 100% convinced Madara's reactions are quick enough to always become intangible before A would land a hit.

If A makes the "Suction no Jutsu requires contact" connection quick enough, I don't really see how Madara wins this. All he's really shown is his absorbtion technique and phasing, and Minato has shown that it is possible to attack faster than madara's reaction to phase.

Edit: Meant to mention -- not that I am forgetting Izanagi, Zetsu repairs, etc; I just think that if Raikage can get around Madara's one-trick-pony show, he has more than enough stamina to kill Madara three or four times until the job is done.
    Last edited by Ryokahn; June 27, 2011 at 02:55 PM.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryokahn View Post
    it was made clear that Madara needs to be touching the person / object in order to teleport them
    Not so sure about that...

http://www.mangareader.net/93-35269-...apter-467.html

To me it looks like he's simply looking at Karin before he sucks her up... because considering his position he would have laid his hand on her ass if he touched her lol

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara's best form of attack is his own undoing in this battle...

Making physical contact with A is asking for a death wish...

Madara's best bet is to Genjutsu A first and then absorb him... but I don't see that happening...

I am voting A...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi should take this, thanks to Izanagi, which grants him freaking 10 minutes of god mode, which should make him able to grab A and suck him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darkp's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Not so sure about that...

http://www.mangareader.net/93-35269-...apter-467.html

To me it looks like he's simply looking at Karin before he sucks her up... because considering his position he would have laid his hand on her ass if he touched her lol
    He did touch her , as you can see , he jumped to the floor for touch her to warp and jump to stairs again . That is why kishi showed tobi jumped to floor and jumped to stairs again . Look at 2 pages before where tobi stands and look closely at the scan to tobi's cloak which did you provide .
    Last edited by Darkp; June 27, 2011 at 03:06 PM.
    People Live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true . That is how they define "reality" .
    But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirrage .
    Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world , shaped by their beliefs .

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I'am aware that he jumped down... but to me it looks like he did that only to get in range for his suction to take effect, since this is a close range jutsu.

Well don't know... I realy can't tell if he touched her or not... but if he did then he's a pervert just like Jiraiya. Actually taking a look on her facial expression I wouldn't be surprised about that^^
    Last edited by LnDRash; June 27, 2011 at 03:14 PM.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm, now that I read some comments I have doubts of Tobi really winning this onw. Sure, he can be intangible, can teleport, but his offensive moves make his tangible, right? So the only scenario which came to my mind would be: Raikage is the one attacking, Tobi is the one defending; if Tobi decides to attack, Raikage won't be defending <lol> For all we know and is considered in this tournament: Tobi actually has no way to defeat Raikage :x

I'm not voting: I will wait for some other posts/arguments because I may be based as hell xd
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara has had a weird body for half a centry now, which coupled with his need for secrecy probably doesn't give much leeway for normal human interaction with the opposite sex.

I'd think he wouldn't pass the chance to touch Karin's ass: if she objected, he would've said it was necessary to save her.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    hmm, now that I read some comments I have doubts of Tobi really winning this onw. Sure, he can be intangible, can teleport, but his offensive moves make his tangible, right? So the only scenario which came to my mind would be: Raikage is the one attacking, Tobi is the one defending; if Tobi decides to attack, Raikage won't be defending <lol> For all we know and is considered in this tournament: Tobi actually has no way to defeat Raikage :x

I'm not voting: I will wait for some other posts/arguments because I may be based as hell xd
    Tobi can activate Izanagi, be punched by Raikage like Juugo was, touch him and then suck him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast