Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Itachi

    117 84.17%
  • Gaara

    22 15.83%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 138

Thread: Itachi vs Gaara

  1. #46
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Actually, Gaara sould be immune to genjutsu thanks to his third eye, and since knowleadge of the sharingan is widely spread, I'm pretty sure Gaara would do it immediatly.


    However, he doesn't have a counter for the Sword of Totsuka, which is the sole reason he looses this fight.
    That's a good point...however the third eye is connected to his brain...so even if it is made of sand it functions in the same way...so a genjutsu that is attacking vision would still affect Gaara

    And the counter against Totsuka is pretty much distance...if Gaara can keep the distance he might be at bay from it

  2. #47
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    So far, the sword of Totsuka has shown no range limit, so even if Gaara drifts away the sword would still reach him.

    Even if the third eye still makes Gaara susceptile to genjutsu (which I believe it does not), Gaara could still form it outside Itachi's field of vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  3. #48
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    So far, the sword of Totsuka has shown no range limit, so even if Gaara drifts away the sword would still reach him.

    Even if the third eye still makes Gaara susceptile to genjutsu (which I believe it does not), Gaara could still form it outside Itachi's field of vision.
    Well that's true that there is no proof in the manga that it has no limit, because there was never a situation where it needed to slice up a person a 10 miles away...but I will go ahead and assume it has a limit...
    Outside Itachi's field of vision? What do you mean...like behind him or above him, sth like that? The problem with that is the eye is still connected to Gaara, so I think Itachi would notice the eye

  4. #49
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    If Gaara forms the eye, say, behind him, I doubt Itachi, with no knowleadge of his abilities, would look for a third eye while being surrounded by sand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  5. #50
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    If Gaara forms the eye, say, behind him, I doubt Itachi, with no knowleadge of his abilities, would look for a third eye while being surrounded by sand.
    And when he escapes the sand, he would track back the chakra from the eye to Gaara...I think this is a good counter...he can prepare his moves in advance to get a view on Gaara's abilities...I am 100% certain that the third eye won't go unnoticed

  6. #51
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    And when he escapes the sand, he would track back the chakra from the eye to Gaara...I think this is a good counter...he can prepare his moves in advance to get a view on Gaara's abilities...I am 100% certain that the third eye won't go unnoticed
    That would likely require some good sensor abilities, which Itachi has shown none of. The third eye is small and can be inconspicuous if used right. If he does find it though, I'm sure that all his visual genjutsu's will work just as well on it as a regular eye.

  7. #52
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lemonadez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    well,Gaara countered sasuke's amaterasu. and sasuke was better than itachi to use amaterasu,he could use the enton "flame element" but gaara was able to stop every attacks and to defend kankuro and temari. anyway susanoo level 2 can firing arrows,and the 3rd level rejects everything and cuts everything. itachi takes this easily.
    1.) Sasuke isn't better than Itachi to use Amaterasu, Sasuke could only use little amaterasu, while in battle between Sasuke and Itachi, Itachi Amaterasu was big enough to cover the entire forest. (Which is Amaterasu doesn't spread it only hit on its target till it disappear and Itachi manage to cast it on entire forest).. Saying Sasuke is better than Itachi, while Itachi killed himself to make himself "Defeated" by his own brother which Sasuke didn't defeat him at all.

    2.) There is no such a thing as Susanoo level 2 firing arrows, Itachi never uses it. Itachi Posses Sword of Totsuka, Its not arrow. Both Susanoo of Itachi and Sasuke are different version.

    Long range Itachi win with Sword of Totsuka easily.
    Close range Itachi win with Tsukoyomi

    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191 View Post
    That would likely require some good sensor abilities, which Itachi has shown none of. The third eye is small and can be inconspicuous if used right. If he does find it though, I'm sure that all his visual genjutsu's will work just as well on it as a regular eye.
    The Third eye would be Visible to Sharingan because of Chakra.
    Sharingan can see chakra changing in their sorroundings. That eye use a chakra and it would be visible to Itachi surrounding.
    Exactly how it was shown on Sasuke vs Deidara. Sasuke was able to see the sorrounding chakra color changes. Now that blast was C4 at MICROSCOPIC level. Its not visible to normal eye! but the sharingan was able to see it. You think a sand which isn't at microscopic level and just sitting up in the air is not visible to sharingan?

    Tell us how is that Itachi Sharingan isn't good at sensing chakra? If Sharingan could see the chakra at MICROSCOPIC level...

    He can just point finger on that Third eye and he would be under genjutsu because its gaara own eye up there.

  8. #53
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    Moving onto this one (finally :P), i really do think Gaara has a chance vs Itachi. We might as well do it in a list:

    Taijutsu : Even though Itachi is likely incredibly fast, I do not think he is strong enough to penetrate Gaaras' sand armor, where once he started actively maintaining it a 5 Gate Lee was only making cracks that were constantly being repaired. So I doubt his ability to harm him this way. So, win for Gaara.

    Ninjutsu: I think this is the one area where the majority of people agree so far. Gaara has possibly the best ninjutsu defence minus Susanno and Hell Pain. as for the Susanno attacking, it seems to me that range is the issue with this. Orochimaru throughout the series has been shown to like to tank hits then strike when they are near which proved ultimatly fateful whereas Gaara has always been about defence and keeping his distance. So depending on who you ask, its either a win for Gaara or at the very least a stalemate it you count Susanno. Though, I think Susanno is more useful in direct jutsu, than something similar to what Gaara did to Kimimaro when he literately sunk him 100's of metres into the earth. So, meh, for me Gaara, for others who knows.

    Genjutsu: As he is facing the ''God'' of Genjutsu, this seems to be the most interesting area. Gaara has a higher rating than Jiraiya (which is ), but Sasuke is worse at this skill than Itachi (which is ). There seems to be two main areas of genjutsu, the easily noticeable and recognizable but incredibly hard to dispel such as Tsukiyomi and the subtler, but easier to dispel ones, like the one Sasuke used on Danzo at the end. However, for me the user of the genjutsu needs to know how to manipulate the opponents senses. So while sight, is relativly easy, with hearing, smell touch ect coming in slightly harder I doubt they would be able to do the same to something as unique as Gaaras sand sensing abilities. Similar as how I doubt someone could manipulate Narutos' Rikodu Mode sensing abilities, they are simply too unique and exotic. So the subtler ones are out, as I feel Gaara would be able to recognise he was in one as could dispel it.

    As for the harder ones, like Tsukiyomi, this becomes much more difficult. Truthfully, I'm not sure if Gaara would get caught as if he follows the advice of past shinobi you either close your eyes or avoid eye contact. However, while those other shinobi had to rely on their other senses Gaara has a greater one being that of his sand sensing. For sake of this though, even if he were caught I believe would be able to survive it and be able to finish Itachi before collapsing. The reason I think this is because, while in part one his physical tolerance was small (although, now that I think about it he took the punches from Lee without issue, it may have been his blood in particular that set him off) I imagine his mental tolerance to be incredibly high, as it has been said that the Shukaku demon has been tormenting him constantly since his birth which I is hardly an easy experience. As mental strength has been said to be important (e.g Jiraiya in the Pain fight) I suppose this all boils down this this battle below:

    16 years of tormenting by a Bijuu vs 3 days of mental torture by Itachi?

    As I said above, I think Gaara would have enough time to finish Itachi before finally succumbing to the effects of it. In conclusion, GAARA IS THE MOTHERF**KING BOSS!
    Last edited by benelori; June 28, 2011 at 12:24 PM.

  9. #54
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the midst of this planet
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    Quote Quote:
    This is a beast of another color though. Sasuke and Itachi are both Uchiha, but there strengths are different. Likewise, Jiraiya and Gaara utilize different ninjutsu. Whereas Sasuke appears to be the more skilled in taijutsu, Itachi is a genius of genjutsu which has been commented upon many times in the manga. His Tsukoyomi is more formidable. And while his ninjutsu might not be stronger than Sasuke's (Kirin and whatnot), he seems to be faster and smarter at utilizing them (as demonstrated in his first fight against Kakashi). And consider how skillfully he pushed Sasuke to the edge of his limit. The man knows his strategy.

    But what I think will give this fight to Itachi is his version of Susanoo which has those mystical weapons. Gaara's fast and has solid offense and defense, but can he stop that mystical sword?
    lol itachi is a master of taijutsu too the reason he felt short on sasuke is because he was basically blind
    itachi wins this easily Gaara wont be able to leave his sand box with itachi tsukuyomi if kakashi was able to be traped in a world of genjutsuand he has sharingan just imagine a regular person lol

  10. #55
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hauradrims3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Serbia
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    Since Danzo starts with his hand sealed then Gaara starts with his sand in his gourd. By the time Gaara gets his sand out of his gourd Itachi will have already closed the distance and most likely caught him in a genjutsu.

  11. #56
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191 View Post
    That would likely require some good sensor abilities, which Itachi has shown none of. The third eye is small and can be inconspicuous if used right. If he does find it though, I'm sure that all his visual genjutsu's will work just as well on it as a regular eye.
    Well Itachi has some sensor abilities...and I'm referring to the sharingan here...Sharingan can see chakra, and IMO such a feat doesn't require the Byakugan

  12. #57
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Well Itachi has some sensor abilities...and I'm referring to the sharingan here...Sharingan can see chakra, and IMO such a feat doesn't require the Byakugan
    Gaara could hide the third eye in the sand, and chance it's place.

    But anyways, this discussion is quite useless, we both agree that Gaara will loose, with the method being different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  13. #58
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Oh, er, can anyone tell me when Itachi showed speed? I don't remember, I know he's one of the fastest with handseals.
    Against Sasuke. Itachi was roughly even with Sasuke and we were told by Zetsu that Itachi wasn't moving like normal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nath Uchiha View Post
    Taijutsu : Even though Itachi is likely incredibly fast, I do not think he is strong enough to penetrate Gaaras' sand armor, where once he started actively maintaining it a 5 Gate Lee was only making cracks that were constantly being repaired. So I doubt his ability to harm him this way. So, win for Gaara.
    Lee actually did plenty of damage to it, but that's a whole 'nother issue. Itachi wouldn't have to break through, since using the Sand Armour slows Gaara down and using a ton of chakra. And simply employing a exploding clone would allow Itachi to get past Gaara's defense while causing damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nath Uchiha View Post
    Ninjutsu: I think this is the one area where the majority of people agree so far. Gaara has possibly the best ninjutsu defence minus Susanno and Hell Pain. as for the Susanno attacking, it seems to me that range is the issue with this. Orochimaru throughout the series has been shown to like to tank hits then strike when they are near which proved ultimatly fateful whereas Gaara has always been about defence and keeping his distance. So depending on who you ask, its either a win for Gaara or at the very least a stalemate it you count Susanno. Though, I think Susanno is more useful in direct jutsu, than something similar to what Gaara did to Kimimaro when he literately sunk him 100's of metres into the earth. So, meh, for me Gaara, for others who knows.
    Gaara had one of the best defense. Now that it's no longer automatic, Gaara will be relying on his own reflexes to guard against an attack and against someone who's too fast for even the Sharingan to follow, he'll be out of luck. I don't see why Itachi would have any trouble getting close when we've seen it's wasn't that hard to get past Gaara's sand with enough speed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nath Uchiha View Post
    Genjutsu: As he is facing the ''God'' of Genjutsu, this seems to be the most interesting area. Gaara has a higher rating than Jiraiya (which is ), but Sasuke is worse at this skill than Itachi (which is ). There seems to be two main areas of genjutsu, the easily noticeable and recognizable but incredibly hard to dispel such as Tsukiyomi and the subtler, but easier to dispel ones, like the one Sasuke used on Danzo at the end. However, for me the user of the genjutsu needs to know how to manipulate the opponents senses. So while sight, is relativly easy, with hearing, smell touch ect coming in slightly harder I doubt they would be able to do the same to something as unique as Gaaras sand sensing abilities. Similar as how I doubt someone could manipulate Narutos' Rikodu Mode sensing abilities, they are simply too unique and exotic. So the subtler ones are out, as I feel Gaara would be able to recognise he was in one as could dispel it.

    As for the harder ones, like Tsukiyomi, this becomes much more difficult. Truthfully, I'm not sure if Gaara would get caught as if he follows the advice of past shinobi you either close your eyes or avoid eye contact. However, while those other shinobi had to rely on their other senses Gaara has a greater one being that of his sand sensing. For sake of this though, even if he were caught I believe would be able to survive it and be able to finish Itachi before collapsing. The reason I think this is because, while in part one his physical tolerance was small (although, now that I think about it he took the punches from Lee without issue, it may have been his blood in particular that set him off) I imagine his mental tolerance to be incredibly high, as it has been said that the Shukaku demon has been tormenting him constantly since his birth which I is hardly an easy experience. As mental strength has been said to be important (e.g Jiraiya in the Pain fight) I suppose this all boils down this this battle below:

    16 years of tormenting by a Bijuu vs 3 days of mental torture by Itachi?
    As we're talking about Itachi here, no genjutsu he uses will be easy to see through. Itachi wouldn't even need to go for the subtler ones or Tsukuyomi. We have seen that even with his lesser skills, Sasuke was able to completely knock out a person with excellent chakra control. Itachi being far more skill should be able to do at least that. Regardless of whatever genjutsu Itachi chooses, he'll be able to trap Gaara straight away before Gaara can release any sand.

  14. #59
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member biggchiefmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    One thing you must remember with Itachi's Tsukiyomi is that the 3 days of torture isnt the extent of Tsukiyomi's duration, it was how long Itachi thought it needed to be used for. If he sees fit extending Tsukiyomi effect time shouldnt be a problem, remember in that space he controlled all, and could definitely do more pyschological damage than the tailed beasts. As he did with Naruto he can find the things deep inside your own mind that scare you the most. Naruto has the same mental toughness as Gaara having been through an identical circumstances, and Itachi found the fears in his heart and used them to mentally break Naruto in a matter of seconds.

    I'm sorry but who ever mentioned Gaara surviving Tsukiyomi's effects long enough to defeat Itachi, YOUR WRONG. The moment an opponent is caught in that genjutsu the fight is over.

  15. #60
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Itachi vs Gaara

    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191 View Post
    That would likely require some good sensor abilities, which Itachi has shown none of. The third eye is small and can be inconspicuous if used right. If he does find it though, I'm sure that all his visual genjutsu's will work just as well on it as a regular eye.
    I think Itachi does have some sensor abilities since he knew Sasuke was behind him without turning around while hunting Naruto. I don't think Sasuke said anything either. Plus, Itachi was able to hit two Naruto bunshins in the chest without looking at them at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    However, he doesn't have a counter for the Sword of Totsuka, which is the sole reason he looses this fight.
    Avoid being hit? It's possible to avoid the sword, I think. Orochimaru just brags and talks too much when he should be focusing on his opponent. In any case, I don't think Itachi would bring out his trump card, not unless he really needed to. Against Sasuke it was to seal Orochimaru away, and for that he needed to survive Kirin. Against Gaara, it'd be good as defense, but it'd use up too much chakra and give Itachi pain, and he'd be better off dodging, somehow.


    I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that Gaara does have basic genjutsu protection, based on the fact that he became a kazekage. I doubt anyone who can't break a genjutsu, at least a simple one, can become a kage. Noticing it is a whole different matter though. If Gaara doesn't know he's in Itachi's genjutsu, then there's no point in him knowing how to break out of it.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts