Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Itachi

117 84.17%
  • Gaara

22 15.83%
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Itachi vs Gaara

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Itachi vs Gaara

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post

I think the point is that we are able to use the abilities of combatants in ways that are possible, not just the precise way they did things before. We can combine the best of everything.
    Ok that's fine, I can admit when I'm mistaken. However, to think that gaara would suddenly become an aerial fighter from the start of a fight simply because it happens to be convenient against certain opponents, is a little out there. Sometimes we have to take what we can from pervious fights, not just in terms of abilities but fighting habits as well. That way we can gauge what would happen in a faux fight as accurately as possible.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    didnt the tsunami take ages before it was set up? he was making the sand underground wasn't he? i think itachi has enough speed to get in swords length at the get go and activate susonoo before gaara knows whats up and stab him through his sand and suck him up.
    He literally did it in a few panels. So I wouldn't say that it take ages.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Couldn't Itachi look at the sand and set it on fire with Amaterasu? And basically let all the sand burn until it's gone?

Also, Itachi kept up Susanoo for a while, considering he was freaking dying and had already used Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi =/...it'd be like saying Kimimaro can't keep up his final dance for long, since he did it and promptly died, lol
    Well he could but I don't know if that would do him any good since we don't know if the sand can actually be burned until it's gone. For example, Amateratsu didn't burn water although it did burn fire supposedly so it's kinda hard to say.

Itachi could but certainly it won't be any longer than Gaara being able to maintain the change in battlefield. I still believe Itachi's best way to win this is via his genjutsu rather than his MS.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    I don't know since the Yata mirror can only defend so much and I really don't see how the sand will be affected by it. With the sand Tsunami, the entire battlefield literally changes which allows Gaara to bury Itachi in which it would turn to a battle of endurance. Although, Itachi could stab Gaara with the sword while he in buried.
    If Gaara has the sand do frontal attack on Itachi, then the Yata Mirror could bounce the attack back to Gaara. Um, Yata Mirror does have the ability to do that, right? I forgot. THough as you said, Yata Mirror isn't omnidirectional so Itachi could get hit from the behind hard.

Couldn't Itachi look at the sand and set it on fire with Amaterasu? And basically let all the sand burn until it's gone?

Also, Itachi kept up Susanoo for a while, considering he was freaking dying and had already used Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi =/...it'd be like saying Kimimaro can't keep up his final dance for long, since he did it and promptly died, lol
    I don't think he'd have the chakra to use Amaterasu on that many sand since Gaara can literally make any land within his range into sand. Plus, didn't the sand stand up to Sasuke's Amaterasu?

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    If Gaara has the sand do frontal attack on Itachi, then the Yata Mirror could bounce the attack back to Gaara. Um, Yata Mirror does have the ability to do that, right? I forgot. THough as you said, Yata Mirror isn't omnidirectional so Itachi could get hit from the behind hard.
    I don't know about that although the DB did mention something about reflecting attacks if I remember correctly. But I don't think it will be bouncing back the sands though I mean Kirin was deflected up into the sky, Sasuke's sword didn't bounce back to stab himself nor did the explosive tags actually bounce back too. I don't deny that it is possible but I kinda doubt that it would happen since Gaara does have control over the sands.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It kinda was a stand off...the sand was still there, but so was the Amaterasu...also, does it take chakra to keep your Amaterasu burning? Itachi's was burning well after his death, lol

And yea, Gaara can definitely go into the air, and he definitely can do it quickly. He pretty much fought Deidara while in the air for most of the fight, despite not starting in the air.

Edit: Concerning Amaterasu

http://www.mangareader.net/93-398-9/...apter-393.html

According to Zetsu, it was reflecting all of Sasuke's attacks

http://www.mangareader.net/93-398-11...apter-393.html

And it did reflect Sasuke's sword (unless you're taking reflect to mean it directly reverses it, a la Mirror Force or something, hahaha)
    Last edited by UchihaHunter; June 28, 2011 at 11:15 PM.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

It kinda was a stand off...the sand was still there, but so was the Amaterasu...also, does it take chakra to keep your Amaterasu burning? Itachi's was burning well after his death, lol

And yea, Gaara can definitely go into the air, and he definitely can do it quickly. He pretty much fought Deidara while in the air for most of the fight, despite not starting in the air.
    I think Amateratsu stays after it is formed since I doubt that the user's chakra can stand being depleted for 7 days and 7 nights as Amateratsu keeps burning after the battle.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    However, to think that gaara would suddenly become an aerial fighter from the start of a fight simply because it happens to be convenient against certain opponents, is a little out there.
    He did it with Deidara.

The only way I see Gaara having any sort of chance of winning is to go into the fight knowing Itachi's arsenal. He could avoid Tsukiyomi with the Third Eye, toss aside Amaterasu like he did against Sasuke, and create sand under Itachi's feet while he's in Sussanno (I don't think the ground is covered in chakra). But he doesn't know anything so Itachi would most likely take him out before he could really do anything - though he might be able to dodge some Amaterasu until Itachi gets serious.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about that although the DB did mention something about reflecting attacks if I remember correctly. But I don't think it will be bouncing back the sands though I mean Kirin was deflected up into the sky, Sasuke's sword didn't bounce back to stab himself nor did the explosive tags actually bounce back too. I don't deny that it is possible but I kinda doubt that it would happen since Gaara does have control over the sands.
    Actually, Sasuke's sword did get bounced back, but it flew upward. I think the force of the attack determines the strength of reflection, like F= MA. If Gaara's dense sand goes at the Mirror fast, more than likely it'll rebound quickly as well, though it may not be directly at Gaara.

I don't think Gaara needs to worry about the sand if it's Amaterasu'd, as long as he doesn't bring it near him. That'd actually come back to bite Itachi in the ass since Gaara would have more weapon to hit Itachi with, though that can be debatable as well since I'm not sure if Amaterasu burns other stuff as well, like if it would catch Itachi on fire. It'd definitely burn him though.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Amateratsu stays after it is formed since I doubt that the user's chakra can stand being depleted for 7 days and 7 nights as Amateratsu keeps burning after the battle.
    I think the 7 days and 7 nights thing is bullshit, or else the Land of Iron has a lot of fire damage to deal with...it seemed more like a legend than a confirmed fact. At the same time though, if it uses the user's chakra, and the user is dead...how is it still burning? The forest was still burning when Kakashi-tachi showed up.

And I think Itachi can turn Amaterasu off if it's in danger of burning him, seeing as how he turned it off on the Sasuke kawarimi >_>

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    He did it with Deidara.
    Because Deidara was flying on a clay bird. Against Kimimaro, he did it to save himself and lee. However, he didn't start his fight with the bone user that way, Nor did he have his second fight with sasuke like that.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Actually, Sasuke's sword did get bounced back, but it flew upward. I think the force of the attack determines the strength of reflection, like F= MA. If Gaara's dense sand goes at the Mirror fast, more than likely it'll rebound quickly as well, though it may not be directly at Gaara.

I don't think Gaara needs to worry about the sand if it's Amaterasu'd, as long as he doesn't bring it near him. That'd actually come back to bite Itachi in the ass since Gaara would have more weapon to hit Itachi with, though that can be debatable as well since I'm not sure if Amaterasu burns other stuff as well, like if it would catch Itachi on fire. It'd definitely burn him though.
    Oh yeah I forgot about that but I don't know. It could push it back I guess but if it gets pushed back at the same direction then I don't see it doing much good if it's a torrent of sand blasting the shield.

Yeah I agree which is why I still think Itachi needs genjutsu to win this lol.

I think the 7 days and 7 nights thing is bullshit, or else the Land of Iron has a lot of fire damage to deal with...it seemed more like a legend than a confirmed fact. At the same time though, if it uses the user's chakra, and the user is dead...how is it still burning? The forest was still burning when Kakashi-tachi showed up.

And I think Itachi can turn Amaterasu off if it's in danger of burning him, seeing as how he turned it off on the Sasuke kawarimi >_>
    Which is why I don't think it does. It's more like a summoning of sorts I guess.

He could but he would have wasted chakra then which would turn back on him later on.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When he roughed up Kakashi-tachi, then beat up Sasuke, and ran from Jiraiya, he was in fairly decent condition, despite using Tsukuyomi twice and using Amaterasu, along with KB, Bunshin Bakuha, and Suigadan. It's sorta like the Kakashi thing. I understand Kakashi doesn't have Naruto-level chakra, but he made out just fine against Kakuzu, while protecting Ino, Shikamaru and Chouji, and fighting against Hidan as well. Itachi against Sasuke had to use Amaterasu twice, got Tsukuyomi rebounded on him, and had to fight Sasuke at a high speed from the beginning, and he still had enough chakra to block Kirin with Susanoo, wtfpwn Orochimaru, and press Sasuke to the end. If he's not dying from his illness, I think he'll be alright turning off Amaterasu IF there's a chance of him getting burned by it, lol...if the fire is that widespread, I would think that a stab with the Totsuka Sword would be much more viable.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Gaara is able to counter genjutsu, counter amaterasu, and may be able to constrict Susano'os movement with his quicksand.

However, the sword of totsuka seems to be able to pierce anything it touches, so.... Itachi, to great dismay wins this one.
    I'm curious, when has gaara countered genjutsu? From what I remember, we haven't seen that from him. but I may be wrong.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi-tachi?

I don't think Itachi can turn off so many Amaterasu, especially so quickly when he's all about chakra. If it comes from all direction, Itachi will have to be fast, and it'd drain his chakra quite a bit.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi and the group that was with him.

Also, while the initial activation of Amaterasu (and the tracking via sight) is fast, I don't think that the burning flames move with some ungodly speed that he wouldn't be able to react to >_>

Also, if the Amaterasu is just on the sand, why is it "so many Amaterasu"?? Isn't it just one Amaterasu?

Thread Closed
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast